RACK! Toyota and Kvrt Busch

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

RACK! Toyota and Kvrt Busch

Post by War Wagon »

Not really, fuck 'em.

It was funny seeing Tony Stewart rag on Goodyear when he finished 2nd. Bet that's going to go over real well with the muckety mucks in the NASCAR trailer. That boy just can't help himself keep his mouth shut.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: RACK! Toyota and Kvrt Busch

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:It was funny seeing Tony Stewart rag on Goodyear when he finished 2nd. Bet that's going to go over real well with the muckety mucks in the NASCAR trailer. That boy just can't help himself keep his mouth shut.
It's pretty fucking sad when guys running on tires that are a mere 7 laps old get run down by guys on new rubber. Methinks Stewart had a point.

Oh, and rack Toyota. If only because I know it pisses you and Paulie off. Now let's get back to Hendrick Motorsports dominating again. :P
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:Oh, and rack Toyota. If only because I know it pisses you and Paulie off.
It doesn't piss me off at all....it just shows me yet again what a fucking moron you really are. Props for THAT....I guess. :meds:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:
BSmack wrote:Oh, and rack Toyota. If only because I know it pisses you and Paulie off.
It doesn't piss me off at all....it just shows me yet again what a fucking moron you really are. Props for THAT....I guess. :meds:
You're the moron posting crank shots in the football forum.

Fuckin tard.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:
You're the moron posting crank shots in the football forum.

Fuckin tard.
No I'm not you FUCKING DICKHEAD...unless of course YOU changed my post again.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:No I'm not you FUCKING DICKHEAD...unless of course YOU changed my post again.
Might be time to up the meds Paulie. At the very least I recommend you bury yourself face first in a bucket of extra crispy. With any luck, the coronary we all crave will swiftly follow.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:No I'm not you FUCKING DICKHEAD...unless of course YOU changed my post again.
Might be time to up the meds Paulie. At the very least I recommend you bury yourself face first in a bucket of extra crispy. With any luck, the coronary we all crave will swiftly follow.
Fat jokes....***yawn*** :meds:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: It's pretty fucking sad when guys running on tires that are a mere 7 laps old get run down by guys on new rubber. Methinks Stewart had a point.
Why is that sad?

You've said that pit strategy is what makes it interesting.

Stewart is a whiner.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Pit strategy is one thing. Tires that wear out that quickly are just accidents waiting to happen.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

As a fan boi of Joe Gibbs racing I was quite pleased. I still have a hard time rooting for Bush as he took over the 18 car (R.I.P. Labonte).

BTW- The AFLAC commercial with Carl Edwards racing with the duck was flat out hillarious.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:Pit strategy is one thing. Tires that wear out that quickly are just accidents waiting to happen.
Atlanta is a track notorious for wearing out tires. Not to the extent of what Darlington was, but just the same, when you have the chance to come in and get new tires, you do so w/o question.

Anybody who stayed out trying to maintain or gain track position shouldn't be surprised when somebody who pitted drives by them 7 laps later.

As for accidents waiting to happen, there really weren't all that many, except for Elliot the human wreck Sadler.

Tony needs to stfu. Every other driver had the same tires. If you've got a problem with the tires, you don't have to jump out the car and immediately start slamming on Goodyear as soon as someone sticks a microphone in your face.

I think Tony was just pissed because Goodyear didn't pick any Toyota's for tire testing. Then they go out and finish 1-2 and he's raising hell? Hell, even Jeffy says he's over reacting.

What a punk ass bitch.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

War Wagon wrote:
BSmack wrote:Pit strategy is one thing. Tires that wear out that quickly are just accidents waiting to happen.
Atlanta is a track notorious for wearing out tires. Not to the extent of what Darlington was, but just the same, when you have the chance to come in and get new tires, you do so w/o question.

Anybody who stayed out trying to maintain or gain track position shouldn't be surprised when somebody who pitted drives by them 7 laps later.

As for accidents waiting to happen, there really weren't all that many, except for Elliot the human wreck Sadler.

Tony needs to stfu. Every other driver had the same tires. If you've got a problem with the tires, you don't have to jump out the car and immediately start slamming on Goodyear as soon as someone sticks a microphone in your face.

I think Tony was just pissed because Goodyear didn't pick any Toyota's for tire testing. Then they go out and finish 1-2 and he's raising hell? Hell, even Jeffy says he's over reacting.

What a punk ass bitch.
As much as it pains me to do so, I gotta side with Tony Stewart (and BRIAN) on this one....did you even watch the race Wags? Did you see how much those POS "Cars of Tommorow" were sliding around on that track? It was shocking to me that there weren't MORE crashes in that race yesterday. Even in the NNS race on Saturday (yes I watched most of it too, but it wasn't like I WANTED to- I was sick all day Saturday and there wasn't anything else to watch :x ) those cars got around the track better than the CoTs, but you could still tell that they were slipping and sliding all over the place like they were dirt-racing. Even K. Busch struggled, hitting the wall in Turn 1 early in the race and struggling with control all day. His words:
Kyle Busch wrote:This race was a challenge. I'm telling you it was tough. We're out there on such an edge, it literally feels like you're driving on ice. It was the worst I ever felt in a race car. I can't imagine how those poor guys felt fighting for 30th.
And as for Jeffy "overreacting":
Jeff Gordon wrote:We're going to have to shorten this race if we're going to have cars like this. I felt like I was going to crash every single lap. I'm exhausted right now. I feel like I've run a thousand miles here. There is just no reason for this. This car, this tire, at this racetrack was just terrible.
For this particular race the cars AND the tires were big pieces of SHIT that should've never been allowed out there.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RevLimiter wrote: For this particular race the cars AND the tires were big pieces of SHIT that should've never been allowed out there.
Therefore, they should just cancel the race?

Sorry, but to paraphrase Donald Rumsfield, you got to war with the army you've got, not the army you wish you had. Or in this case, you race with the tires you've got.

Read this:
“We were all pretty out of control out there,” Gordon said. “I don’t disagree with him as far as the comfort level in the situation we were in. But we have to look at all sides of this and try to give the folks that are doing their jobs the ability and constructive criticism to try to do it better.”

Newman agreed with Stewart’s sentiment that the hard compound made the tire difficult to drive on around Atlanta’s abrasive surface. But he cited Goodyear’s emphasis on safety in saying Stewart overreacted in his assessment of the tires.

“The tire thing is a little blown out of proportion,” Newman said. “There’s a lot of things he said that were true. Obviously, he took it to another level. That’s Tony.
Translation: STFU, Tony. You don't bite the hand that feeds you (at least not publically) or dis the tiremaker who's been providing NASCAR's rubber for 54 fucking years.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:Translation: STFU, Tony. You don't bite the hand that feeds you (at least not publically) or dis the tiremaker who's been providing NASCAR's rubber for 54 fucking years.
Why not let the teams go out and shop for their own rubber? You tell me, who benefits from the exclusive tire contract? Is it the drivers? Or the France family and Goodyear?

I think you know the answer.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: Why not let the teams go out and shop for their own rubber?
Oh sure, that would create a level playing field.

Hell, why not let MLB teams provide their own baseballs?
You tell me, who benefits from the exclusive tire contract? Is it the drivers? Or the France family and Goodyear?
They all do, including the media, else the equation wouldn't work. This is a symbiotic relationship, with all of the above as parasites and the fans as the willing blood donors.

The last thing Joe 30 pack needs or wants to be hearing from some spoiled punk-azz bitch of a driver who finished 2nd is how his equipment sucked.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

War Wagon wrote:The last thing Joe 30 pack needs or wants to be hearing from some spoiled punk-azz bitch of a driver who finished 2nd is how his equipment sucked.
Unless, of course, Joe 30 pack is knowledgable about the sport and saw with his own eyes how badly those cars were handling on that track yesterday. Last time I checked that was supposed to be a NASCAR Sprint Cup circle track race, NOT an import drifting competition. Those guys looked almost like this yesterday:

Once again, horrible tires, horrible cars. Period.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

connect the DOTS boyz....

somebody OWNS a Dirt Track...(THE BEST Dirt Track) and what Tire Supplier provides the best dirt track tire? _______!

SMOKE is just 'stirring the soup'.

Goodyear brought a 'SHIT Tire' to Atlanta...and he just JUMPED on the Opportunity.

his opinion is backed up (Gordon, Jr., et all)....SMOKE just took it to a Higher Level.

yes, that 'Higher Level' was a little over the Top.

but, Racing = Competition...no?

what's wrong with entertaining the thought of bringing in Hoosier or Firestone Tires back into the NASCAR equation?

c'mon....Goodyear has been given a "free ride" for quite a long time.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

exactly what qbert said... stewart wasn't the only one raising concern about the tires after the race... he was just the only one who specifically said "goodyear."

i'm sure NA$CAR and Goodyear will jump first... when the three names complaining the loudest are Stewart, Gordon, and JR you know they'll listen. it's not like we had backmarkers or wreckers doing all the groaning.
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:

Not the best analogy. That would be like Joe Gibbs Racing owning a particular track. And baseball teams do get to buy their own bats. And if Firestone has a better tire for Atlanta, every team would be able to buy it.

All teams don’t get the same engines. If you want an absolutely positively level playing field, go watch IROC.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Rack Q and Brian.

That race was terrible. There was no side by side or 3-wide for the entire race. Bottom line was, they weren't racing, just trying to stay off the wall. It was the worst race since Darlington from a couple of years ago.

Rubbin' is racing and I didn't see ANY of that on Sunday.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:Oh sure, that would create a level playing field. Hell, why not let MLB teams provide their own baseballs?
Balls are used by both teams. Like Goober said, that's not a fair analogy. NASCAR should establish the safe parameters for tire compounds at each track. After that, let the teams decide who's rubber they use.
You tell me, who benefits from the exclusive tire contract? Is it the drivers? Or the France family and Goodyear?
They all do, including the media, else the equation wouldn't work. This is a symbiotic relationship, with all of the above as parasites and the fans as the willing blood donors.
Where do the drivers benefit? Are they getting a cut of that endorsement money? Do the fans benefit watching a 190 MPH parade rather than real racing? If Goodyear is really the best tire out there, then let them compete.
The last thing Joe 30 pack needs or wants to be hearing from some spoiled punk-azz bitch of a driver who finished 2nd is how his equipment sucked.
They heard from a whole lot more than just Stewart. Like Q said, Stewart was the only guy to call out Goodyear by name.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:
War Wagon wrote:

Not the best analogy. That would be like Joe Gibbs Racing owning a particular track. And baseball teams do get to buy their own bats. And if Firestone has a better tire for Atlanta, every team would be able to buy it.

All teams don’t get the same engines. If you want an absolutely positively level playing field, go watch IROC.
Actually NASCAR has almost become IROC....the body templates on the new CoT are basically the same, they just have different headlight and taillight decals so Average Joe Fan can distinguish what "brands" the cars really are. It's a fucking joke to be perfectly honest.

As for the tire deal, other tire companies should be allowed to be able to run their tires in NASCAR. In NHRA Drag Racing there are many different racing tire companies competing against each other- Goodyear, Mickey Thompson, Hoosier, Nitto, Firestone/Phoenix, just to name a few.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote: If you want an absolutely positively level playing field, go watch IROC.
I do watch IROC. That's some good racin'. When the cars are basically equal, the talent of the drivers becomes the difference.

The problem with NASCAR is that only about 10 -15 drivers have a legitimate shot of winning any given race, or even of finishing in the top 5.

The rest of the 25-30 scrubs don't have the sponsorship money to even do adequate testing, much less have a decent engine or chassis program.

And many of those "scrubs" are every bit as good of drivers as the pampered few, just not lucky enough to have gotten a decent seat to ride in. Look at a Robby Gordon, for instance. That dude can flat out drive, but other than on a road course, he doesn't stand a chance.

As Q would say --------> "Free Robby Gordon"
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Look at it this way, Wags, this ain't golf. Sure, there are individual drivers racing individual cars, but the team is what makes the cars go round. I think the best analogy is that NASCAR is like Major League Baseball. The big dogs are always going to make a push for the chase. I wish there was more parody...actually there is this year. Seems like Gibbs and Rousch have taken steps forward in closing the gap on HMS. And we all know DEI and RCR are very capable. We'll see.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I wish there was more parody...actually there is this year.
Me too....I mean, guys like Tony Stewart should be making fun of Goodyear tires instead of trashing them. :lol: (Sorry Rumps, I had to do it.)
Seems like Gibbs and Rousch have taken steps forward in closing the gap on HMS. And we all know DEI and RCR are very capable. We'll see.
To me there IS parity :wink: in Sprint Cup racing this year, thanks to the CoT and the tires, but primarily because of the CoT. Those guys simply don't have enough data through testing with those cars yet to have a complete handle on them.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

[/quote]

Not the best analogy. That would be like Joe Gibbs Racing owning a particular track. [/quote]

already happened... Roger Penske merged with ISC in 1999. penske at the time owned four speedways: Nazareth Speedway, North Carolina Speedway in Rockingham, North Carolina, Michigan International Speedway and California Speedway.
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

turns out another big name has stewart's back....

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/stor ... id=3288561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Qbert

Post by Qbert »

probably the most 'telling' Quote in that article is from K-Y Busch......(paraphrase) that the Goodyear Tire was BAD for ALL 3 Series'.

well, he oughta know 'cuz he's damn near leading ALL of Them at the SAME TIME.(fvcker....begrudging PROPS)

most of us who have been watching these Racing Series' over the past 20+ years can probably state the Fact that Hoosier makes a GREAT Tire.

They just don't have the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to make the commitment to ANY Series bigger than WoO.

Hoosier tried to bust into CART/IRL...(probably still pre-IRL) and had Success.....but they failed ultimately, Hoosier couldn't FUND it.

hell, there were a few of the Hoosier 'renegades' for NASCAR about 12-15 yrs. ago....but; much like Robby Gordon---->they must be Free'd!!!!!!!!!

(i have a sickening feeling about seeing a Neil Bonnet article....hope that i'm wrong.)

bottom line....Goodyear has to be held "to the Fire"....be it by Criticism or by Competition.

THE WINNER of the Race has said that the Tires were Bad......[and he's a puss~bag] HE's WINNING Races in All 3 Series' continuously![/and he's a puss~bag]

the Foot is on Goodyear's Hands....