Which conference has the most talent?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Re: Which conference has the most talent?

Post by Vito Corleone »

If the question is which conf has the most high school talent then I would probably say the ACC.

If the question is which conference has the most talent I don't think anyone will argue about the SEC.

However

We Texans are pretty proud of of the fact that we are consistently the top producer of D-1A football players of any State in the US.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Vito Corleone wrote:However

We Texans are pretty proud of of the fact that we are consistently the top producer of D-1A football players of any State in the US.
I thought you didn't live in Texas.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The Big 10 has the most human talent.

When a kid faxes a LOI to an SEC school, though...he becomes a SuperHuman - a fucking obscene MONOLITH of talent, speed, and NFL -bound greatness. An SEC Team starts with more talent, and ends in the stars, bull-rushing galaxies, outpacing lightbeams.

See that new constellation? Yep, that's The Bear.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^

never looked at it that way...so is it safe to assume that all superheroes played football in the SEC before donning masks and capes...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Why sure...at least the good ones, that is. Think of it this way - if it's any damn good at all, it's got some sort of SEC genesis.

The last SEC state I drove through, I pulled the car over and ravaged my wife like a DEMON. That's why we live in PA - her petite frame simply couldn't take it.

If someone happens to say the work "hedges", my omnipresent cold symptoms start IMMEDIATELY improving.

In SEC Land, they don't use the term "MNC". That shit doesn't even compute.

SEC teams don't go on the road North...because they are merciful.

If your surname is Bowden, you don't last long as an SEC coach - standards, and all.

If a former SEC QB wins the Super Bowl, you BEST BALEE dat his brother will win the following year.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I think Defensively the SEC right now has the best talent but Offensively I would give it to the Pac 10. Two years ago the ACC had the most players selected in the Draft and in the 1st Round so it's not set in stone that the SEC has the best talent bar none, but right now I give them the edge.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

No way one can quantifyily state the answer to this. Talent has many categories. Theres "potential"," undeveloped", and every ones favorite- "raw" talent. One can only estimate "talent" if it is results proven. Ie, Championships.
The best example I can think of is the decades of the nineties. FSU had the most wins and 10 straight top 4 finishes while racking up 2 NCs. Nebraska won 3 titles in that decade. Who is the team of the 90"s? Huskers.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:Take my word for it
You think "georgia cold" is ... COLD? And I'm just supposed to take your word for it?

Ohhhhhkay.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nolesy wrote:quantifyily

Where did FSU rank in Lit grads?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:I've yet to understand why some folks think playing in the cold is that big a deal.

I've yet to understand why some folks think that getting on an airplane is that big a deal.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Dinsdale wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:I've yet to understand why some folks think playing in the cold is that big a deal.

I've yet to understand why some folks think that getting on an airplane is that big a deal.
Because 140 odd years ago some over hyped, full of themselves army left their home ground to play on the road. They got kick fucked so hard that their offsprings offsprings offspring are still too cowardly to take that chance again. Yet they spend many weekends pretending to fight that battle again
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I guess in the SEC they don't know how to count to 25.....

Alabama has 33 signees
Mississippi has 34
Mississippi State has 27
Auburn has 30
Arkansas has 26
LSU has 26

This is quintessential SEC math.

They get points for a bunch of kids who will never enroll in school, which inflates their class rankings, thus bolstering -- in the pettiest of ways -- the false image of the SEC as the undisputed heavyweight champ.

Kinda like: [4 road games] + [(leaving 1/3 of conference off schedule) + (replacing them with patsies)] = TOUGHEST SOS IN NATION!!!.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Well geez if Sports Illustrated said so it must be true...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:What part of "I've seen one of the coldest fucking winters CANADA ever had" didn't you understand?
Try playing FOOTBALL in it, not huddling underneath your seven stomach folds in order to stay warm.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

No but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...that has to count for something
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i admittedly don't understand the intricacies of recruiting and scholarships, but it seems to me some of these players can pull a mcguffie and wait to send in their loi. if i'm a two-star and i see that bama pulled in 25 four-stars, well then, i'm gong to la-lafayette.

anyhow, don't the rankings reflect the average stars of their recruits? just b/c bama pulled 400 recruits does it mean they all had four or three stars.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

nevermind, i just noticed rankings are on total points or some shit like that, not average.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Bama actually had a good avg ranking, they just had 8 players too many

based on avg ranking per player from Scout, the top 10 classes are

1. Notre Dame
2. USC
2. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Georgia
6. Florida
7. UCLA
8. Alabama
9. Michigan
10. LSU
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:but they are ALWAYS in the Top 5 and never end up there at the end of the year.
What do you expect? When you belly up to a hearty plate of out of conference cupcakes, and have a staunch unwillingness to board an airplane, that doesn't exactly prepare you for the MEATGRINDER.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Dinsdale wrote:
Nolesy wrote:quantifyily

Where did FSU rank in Lit grads?
Glad to see you are reading my post instead of merely checking out my unique aviator.

Brock in Va Beach
Jake
Location: Memorial Stadium: Lincoln, NE. The nicest place you could ever go to lose.

Post by Brock in Va Beach »

It's pretty clear that the SEC has the most talent, I don't know how anyone could argue that. I'd say the Big 12 has the second best, but I may be a bit biased on that. Pac-10 wouldn't be too far behind the Big 12. Big Ten coming up behind the Pac-10, ACC and Big East are about even in my opinion and behind everyone.
Don't run from a sniper, you'll just die tired.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Random Asshole wrote:It's pretty clear that the SEC has the most talent, I don't know how anyone could argue that. I'd say the Big 12 has the second best, but I may be a bit biased on that. Pac-10 wouldn't be too far behind the Big 12. Big Ten coming up behind the Pac-10, ACC and Big East are about even in my opinion and behind everyone.
\

Is that you trixie?

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Bama actually had a good avg ranking, they just had 8 players too many

based on avg ranking per player from Scout, the top 10 classes are

1. Notre Dame 23 players
2. USC 19 players
2. Ohio State 19 players
4. Oklahoma 21 players
5. Georgia 23 players
6. Florida 22 players
7. UCLA 23 players
8. Alabama 32 players
9. Michigan 25 players
10. LSU 26 players

Crap ranking. Notre Dame is always high (look where they were this past season), and fucking Georgia is picked to win it all every year according to some of these things. Yeah - they were probably the best team in the country at the end of the year (yeah - better than your condoms), but they are ALWAYS in the Top 5 and never end up there at the end of the year.
That was Notre Dames avg ranking per recruit this past year, Georgia wasnt in the top 10 in 2007 but were in the 2006 and 2005. Again this is the average ranking per player in the class, it doesnt award schools for signing 25+ players when only 25 can go the way the point systems do. you do realize that this discussion was about recruiting classes and not end of the season rankings right, were there too many large words int he other posts in this thread or not enough use of the word y'all? Maybe there was just a BBQ commercial on TV and you lost your train of thought
2007's top 10
1 USC 18 players
2 Florida 27 players
3 LSU 25 players
4 Texas 25 players
5 Ohio State 15 players
6 Miami 18 players
7 Notre Dame 18 players
8 Michigan 20 players
9 Tennessee 32 players
10 Penn state 21 players
1 USC 24 players
2 Florida 27 players
3 Texas 25 players
4 Georgia 27 [players
5 Notre Dame 28 players
6 Michigan 20 playuers
7 Ohio State 24 players
8 Penn State 24players
9 LSU 25 players
10 Miami 22 players
1 USC 16 players
2 Georgia 19 players
3 Florida State 22 players
4 Texas 14 players
5 Florida 18 players
6 Miami 17 players
7 Ohio State 18 players
8 LSU 13 players
9 Michigan 23 players
20 Tennessee 27 players
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2005" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;