NFL draft - and free agency period

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Re: NFL draft - and free agency period

Post by Raydah James »

RevLimiter wrote:
Raydah James wrote:Oh, and we just signed the Niners 2003 first round draft pick in Kwame Harris for our O-line-he'll be a very nice addition to the Zone Blocking Scheme we run.
You sir are WRONG: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=y ... &type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It appears San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Kwame Harris will be leaving Oakland without a deal after visiting with the Raiders on Friday. A source told Yahoo! Sports that Harris is drawing interest from four other teams beyond the Raiders and 49ers, but that he wasn’t going to be scheduling other visits until later Friday.
:lol:
Im fine with that as well. Bottom line is that Cable has been excellent at finding the right personell to plug into the Zone Blocking Scheme-and it almost NEVER includes big name guys. Last year it was Newberry and Cooper Carslisle holding it down extremely well-and Gallery being exceptionally productive for the first time in his career-he only allowed one sack in 16 starts last season. Sims was our weak link and consistently got his ass handed to him.

I'm not particularly worried about the O-line because Cable has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he'll find the right guys to plug in on the line.

What about the Kansas City Kotex's-what the fuck have they done again other than cut a bunch of overpaid shitstains? Thats right, Sally Paul Struthers-not a fucking thing. Fucking laughable as usual.

The Queefs are a goddamn joke and will continue to be for the next decade or 10.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Raydah James wrote:What about the Kansas City Kotex's-what the fuck have they done again other than cut a bunch of overpaid shitstains? Thats right, Paul Struthers-not a fucking thing. Fucking laughable as usual.

The Queefs are a goddamn joke and will continue to be for the next decade or 10.
I'll tell you what they're NOT doing, and that's throwing a shitload of dollars at overpriced older free agents like in years past- been there, done that, and they didn't piss a drop from it. They're not going to sign ANY player over 30 years old or one who's looking for that last PHAT contract ('sup Ty Law). They're going to rebuild this team as much from the draft as they possibly can (see Green Bay Packers), but with their recent track record of draft disasters I'm not going to hold my breath that they know what they're doing when it comes to evaluating college players.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

DOLPHINS SIGN JOSH MCCOWN by Michael David Smith

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Miami Dolphins have reached a contract agreement with free agent quarterback Josh McCown.

Per Schefter, the contract is a two-year deal worth $6.25 million.
Fuck Yeah! Take out that fucking trash!

6.25 million?

:lol: :lol:

Fuck me, thats alot of coin for a shitty backup with a weak arm who cant throw with any accuracy past 15 yards......or inside 15 yards. We still have Walter and his cannon arm to backup JRuss, so i'm more than fine with not offering McCunt a new contract.

Bernard Berrian is en route to Oakland right now. We'll see what happens.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

According to Schefter, Samuel signed the six-year deal just moments ago
:shock:

Six years for an above average corner? No word on how much scratch he just pocketed yet....
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

BRONCOS CUT WALKER, GOLD by Michael David Smith

The Denver Broncos have released wide receiver Javon Walker and linebacker Ian Gold...
*yawn*

Walker never really fit in that well and dealt with injury, and Gold is long in the tooth not nearly as effective as he used to be. Walker is relatively young, so he could likely go to the right offensive system and tear shit up again.

If the microfracture knee surgery thing is true though, its all over for Walker.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote: 27 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 1 recovered fumble and, at no point, was he ever dominant.
What about QB pressures?

Look, im not defending Cut'n'paste Wife in Philly-but you know damn well that QB pressures and many other little things like changing the direction of a certain play, eating up space for a teammate to register a sack/loss of yardage, commanding a double team, ect. factor in as well.

You cant just throw down those hard stats and call it a fucking day-it doesnt work like that in football.

Was Kearse worth that insane contract? Fuck. No.

Was he effective for the duration of it? Nope. But he did help the Eagles reach the Super Bowl in his first year there, and that cannot be overlooked.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Fucking awesome:
FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reports free agent S Gibril Wilson's deal with the Raiders will be for six years and $39 million

Wilson was a fucking hard hitting STUD with the Giants, and has played very well at both the FS and SS positions. I cant remember the last time we had 2 legitimately talented Safeties. Nice signing.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Oh, and before you fuckwits start running your ballhair catchers that we "overpaid" for Wilson, consider this:

We paid the top safety who is only 26 years old from the SuperBowl Champion Giants $39 million over 6 Years (6.5 million a year). He is by far the best safety on the market and we needed one badly, and there were no others in free agency or the draft ready to step in and be an impact player right now.

Minnesota just paid a below average safety (Madieu Williams) from a pisspoor pass defense team in Cincinnati $34 fucking million.

Great move-and we still have a nice amount of cap space left for more......
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:Instead he turned out to be about as useful as a wet fart.

Never underestimate the comedic value of a really wet fart in an elevator.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

G. Wilson -- NICE!

Wilson, Huff, Aso, Routt, ... Fabs.
Nice little secondary.

Did 'we' overpay for Gerbil?
Prolly so.
As we prolly overpaid to keep Kelly.
But if you want to watch the guys who, can fill your needs, sign elsewhere, keep the money in your pocket.

In Kelly's case, it's a soft year for free agent DT's, and there is no doubt that he, especially at his age, would have landed similar money from somebody.
Oakland likes him, he's a good player, so Al paid to keep him.
Again, if you want to try to address your needs you have to be willing to step to the plate and take your swings.
Sure, you hit some and you miss some.
Al has always taken his swings, and I have always been very thankful for it.

Sims is gone.
Might Oakland be targeting J. Long?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:Sims is gone.
Might Oakland be targeting J. Long?
If Al wants to live past June he'll pass on Jake Long in the draft and pick McFadden instead.

Fucking Raydahs....I'll be BEYOND FUCKING PISSED OFF if they pick Jake right ahead of us. :x :brad:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The more I think about it, the more I could see Oakland doing just that ..... if Long is there.
Gotta protect JaMarcus' back side.
Unless last yrs 3rd, Henderson, is our guy at LT (doubtful, it seems) then who (other than R. Gallery? haha) do we have to play the position?

Grease up, Paul.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote:The more I think about it, the more I could see Oakland doing just that ..... if Long is there.
Gotta protect JaMarcus' back side.
Unless last yrs 3rd, Henderson, is our guy at LT (doubtful, it seems)
Sorry tart, but you're wrong on this one. Cable has said that Henderson is perfectly suited to run the ZBS, and has had nothing but high praise for him. It wouldnt shock me to see him at LT next season, since that is his position. Then again, if J. Long is available, I cant see us passing on him-he's just too damn good in a criitical position of need for us.

And im not laughing at Gallery any longer. Yes, he looked to be a bust, but then Cable got a hold of him and turned him into a real lineman-1 sack given up all season is nothing to laugh about. He still needs to cut down on the penalties, but the player we saw last year was an incredible change from what we were accustomed to. Cable is a fucking o-line genius, and if Al were smart he'd lock this guy up.
Jeff in SD
Elwood

Post by Jeff in SD »

So are the 49ers that stupid! They have the chance to get Lance Briggs yet they blow their wad on Justin Smith?
mvscal wrote:That's because you're inhaling black cock faster than your fat wife inhales cheesecakes.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Browns have reached agreement with Donte' Stallworth
Oh shit!

Q, where the hell you at? Your team is cleaning the fuck up right now! I wonder how cheap Donte came.....

We need to make a fucking run at an X or Z guy to compliment Curry in the slot, since thats where he has traditionally done the most damage. Berrian would be nice, but it doesnt look like its going to happen, and Bryant Johnson is currently visiting the Bills.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

BERRIAN TO VIKINGS DEAL GETS DONE by Michael David Smith

The Minnesota Vikings have reached a contract agreement with free-agent wide receiver Bernard Berrian.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that it's a six-year deal
Honestly, i'm breathing a sigh of relief-BB is a track star to be sure, but his hands fucking suck and he dropped a fuckload of easy passes last year and years previous as well. Couple that with him asking for a mint due to a weak free agent WR class, and its a no brainer to let him go elsewhere. See ya, James Jett II.

We need to either wait for a veteran WR cut, or trade our pick with cincy's and acquire CJ (thats what they are asking from us in particular if we are interested) or hit up Detroit and pry Roy Williams from them.
Brock in Va Beach
Jake
Location: Memorial Stadium: Lincoln, NE. The nicest place you could ever go to lose.

Post by Brock in Va Beach »

RevLimiter wrote:
Raydah James wrote:What about the Kansas City Kotex's-what the fuck have they done again other than cut a bunch of overpaid shitstains? Thats right, Paul Struthers-not a fucking thing. Fucking laughable as usual.

I'll tell you what they're NOT doing, and that's throwing a shitload of dollars at overpriced older free agents like in years past- been there, done that, and they didn't piss a drop from it. They're not going to sign ANY player over 30 years old or one who's looking for that last PHAT contract ('sup Ty Law). They're going to rebuild this team as much from the draft as they possibly can (see Green Bay Packers), but with their recent track record of draft disasters I'm not going to hold my breath that they know what they're doing when it comes to evaluating college players.

Give Carl some time. Once he misses all the big free agents and the town goes freakin nuts, he'll over-pay or trade for a couple over the hill guys, just like he has the last 2-3 years.

It's like freaking clockwork. Can't wait to see which loser he chooses at #5 as well. If I had to put money on it, I'd bet they take McFadden if he is available.
Last edited by Brock in Va Beach on Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run from a sniper, you'll just die tired.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

The Philadelphia Eagles have announced the signing of free agent defensive end Chris Clemons to a five-year contract.
Excellent signing, Eagletard. This guys best football is in front of him, and you'll love how hard he works on the line and never takes a play off. Im pissed we didnt keep him.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

As of today, we're in trouble at WR, James.

Unless there is going to be a trade of some sort which will land us a legit target, we won't be doing JaMarcus any favors with the guys we currently have on our roster.
And hoping to bring immediate help in through the draft is a pipe-dream.

Chad Johnson?
Hmmmmmm .......

I hope Henderson is our guy at LT, James.
MUCH prefer not to have to burn a #4 overall to fill that need.

We still need MUCH help on the D-Line, IMO.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Random Asshole wrote:Give Carl some time. Once he misses all the big free agents and the town goes freakin nuts, he'll over-pay or trade for a couple over the hill guys, just like he has the last 2-3 years.

It's like freaking clockwork. Can't wait to see which loser he chooses at #5 as well. If I had to put money on it, I'd bet they take McFadden if he is available.
WRONG- Clark Hunt won't allow "business as usual" at One Arrowhead Drive this time around. The Chiefs WILL NOT sign any player over 30 years old or who is looking for their 3rd and final phat contract. I'm REALLY hoping they can get WR Bryant Johnson signed here- he'd be a PERFECT complement to Dwayne Bowe on the other side, IMO. I still can't believe Bernard Berrian signed with the Vi-Queens today....he probably should've done more homework on who's going to throw him the ball. That offense will perrenially SUCK SHIT as long as they insist on sticking with Tavarious Jackson, who might be the WORST starting QB in this league.
Brock in Va Beach
Jake
Location: Memorial Stadium: Lincoln, NE. The nicest place you could ever go to lose.

RevLimiter wrote:
Random Asshole wrote:Give Carl some time. Once he misses all the big free agents and the town goes freakin nuts, he'll over-pay or trade for a couple over the hill guys, just like he has the last 2-3 years.

WRONG- Clark Hunt won't allow "business as usual" at One Arrowhead Drive this time around. The Chiefs WILL NOT sign any player over 30 years old or who is looking for their 3rd and final phat contract. I'm REALLY hoping they can get WR Bryant Johnson signed here- he'd be a PERFECT complement to Dwayne Bowe on the other side, IMO.I still can't believe Bernard Berrian signed with the Vi-Queens today....he probably should've done more homework on who's going to throw him the ball. That offense will perrenially SUCK SHIT as long as they insist on sticking with Tavarious Jackson, who might be the WORST starting QB in this league.
Who would have thrown him the ball in KC? Is Croyle that much better than Jackson?

Carl runs things in that office. Clark will sit back and rake in the money and let him do whatever the fuck he wants, just like dear old daddy did. If he really gave a shit, Peterson would be long gone already. He's had long enough.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Raydah James wrote:And im not laughing at Gallery any longer. Yes, he looked to be a bust, but then Cable got a hold of him and turned him into a real lineman-1 sack given up all season is nothing to laugh about. He still needs to cut down on the penalties, but the player we saw last year was an incredible change from what we were accustomed to. Cable is a fucking o-line genius, and if Al were smart he'd lock this guy up.
Just curious. I've not yet had 80% of my brain removed, so I'm not a Raider fan, but wasn't the key to Gallery's success the move from tackle to guard? Seriously.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Random Asshole wrote:Who would have thrown him the ball in KC? Is Croyle that much better than Jackson?
Yes he is, and it's not even close.
Carl runs things in that office. Clark will sit back and rake in the money and let him do whatever the fuck he wants, just like dear old daddy did. If he really gave a shit, Peterson would be long gone already. He's had long enough.
Actually Bill Kuharic runs the personnel show now. CP's on notice- if the team doesn't show NOTICEABLE improvement this next season then Clark will make the necessary changes. He's on the record saying as much.
Brock in Va Beach
Jake

I'll believe it when I see it.

Croyle maybe better than Jackson, but barely. If Jackson is the worst QB in the league, then Croyle is next to worst.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Goober McTuber wrote: wasn't the key to Gallery's success the move from tackle to guard? Seriously.
No, dumbfuck. He was shuffled around back and forth between every position save for center. The ZBS scheme and Cable has everything to do with his success thus far.

Its painfully obvious you never strapped on the leather helmet back in your day and fucking played a goddamn down of football in your life, old man-you're better suited to sticking to your daily routine of babysitting your grandkids, complaining about the "youth of today", gardening, and submiting your tedious one line shitskids here.

RACK throwing the lobotamized cunts who know dick about football on ignore.

Pop, I have no doubt that Al will make a great WR addition through wheeling and dealing (his specialty, along with cap management) and I wouldnt be shocked in the least to see Fitzgerald or Chad Johnson in the silver and black. Like I said earlier, we desperately need a legitimate X or Z. Curry really isnt either IMO. He absolutely destroys as a slot though, as an X he was just decent.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Nacho wrote: I wonder if they will try to talk trade with the Browns about either Anderson or Quinn. Maybe Q has heard something on that front.
sorry pb....haven't heard any of THAT 'good news!!!!'

please COWBOYFan....please inquire about a Trade for Derek Anderson! :lol:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Raydah James wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: wasn't the key to Gallery's success the move from tackle to guard? Seriously.
No, dumbfuck. He was shuffled around back and forth between every position save for center. The ZBS scheme and Cable has everything to do with his success thus far.
Robert Gallery was selected with the second overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders, with a perfect 9.0 Draft Prospect Rating, the highest for any offensive lineman. [2] In 2004, he started 15 games at right tackle and gave up 3 Sacks. In 2005, he started all 16 games at right tackle and gave up 3.5 Sacks. The Raiders moved him to left tackle at the beginning of the 2006 preseason. In the Raiders' first game of the 2006 regular season, Gallery was part of an offensive line that gave up nine sacks (at least 3 charged to him) to the San Diego Chargers. He played 10 games on the season, and gave up 10.5 Sacks on the season, placing him 4th in most sacks given up, despite missing 6 games. His main problem in pass protection is his inability to handle edge speed rushers. He has also not benefited from the revolving door of offensive line coaches he has faced in his young pro career. In 2007, Oakland coaches moved Gallery to left guard. This move bolstered the offensive line of the Raiders as running back Justin Fargas gained 1,000 yards in 2007.
That's what I thought.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Raydah James wrote:
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Browns have reached agreement with Donte' Stallworth
Oh shit!

Q, where the hell you at? Your team is cleaning the fuck up right now! I wonder how cheap Donte came.....
i don't know if 7yrs. @ 35 mil is cheap for Spleef Stallworth...; didn't hear about the signing bonus...but i LIKE it!!!!!!!

like poppy said earlier about your boy Kelly--->contracts aren't guaranteed...so, this can only be good.

especially like the fact that the Bungles got punked on the Shaun Rogers deal...and he ends up in Cleveland!

Faneca leaves the Stoolerz too!

things are looking 'better' in the AFC North? say it ain't so.... :shock:
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Raydah James wrote:Its painfully obvious you never strapped on the leather helmet back in your day and fucking played a goddamn down of football in your life, old man-you're better suited to sticking to your daily routine of babysitting your grandkids, complaining about the "youth of today", gardening, and submiting your tedious one line shitskids here.

RACK throwing the lobotamized cunts who know dick about football on ignore.
Gaydar Lames played varsity high school football so he truly knows anything and everything when it comes to football strategy.

Go fuck yourself, cunt.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Gaydar Lames played varsity high school football
No fucking way. He might have been a cheerleader, and fucked the starting QB, but that's about as close as he ever got to varsity high school football.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Gallery was an .... adequate .... NFL Left Guard last season.
He played good/great v. shit teams, and average/poor v. good teams.

May sound funny, but his arms are a lot shorter than most of the killah LT's.
It showed itself to be a problem for him, as speed guys could get around him and he had no way to slow 'em down.

I thought he might be too tall to play guard, but he seems to have found a home.

I'm fine with him at LG, and glad Cable/Kiffin found a place on the line where he could ball without make a fool of himself.
Problem is, he's raking in #2 overall LT cayesh.

Pay cut, hair cut, Mr Gallery.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote: I thought he might be too tall to play guard, but he seems to have found a home.

I'm fine with him at LG, and glad Cable/Kiffin found a place on the line where he could ball without make a fool of himself.
Problem is, he's raking in #2 overall LT cayesh.

Pay cut, hair cut, Mr Gallery.
The fucking guy looked absolutely awful and was considered a bust by all of us until Cable showed up. The ZBS is perfectly suited for him, as is sticking to one spot and not being shuffled around to RG, LT, RT, LG. Fuck, the only position they didnt try him in before giving up altogether was center.

He's here to stay at LG.......with LT money, of course. And pop, who cares how much he makes-Al is a cap wizard and has shown that we will go out and attempt to get the guys we need no matter how far "over" or close we are to the cap. Restructures, cuts, retirements happen every year and it hasnt stopped him from making it work every single year.

As of right now, we're fucked at WR-but 'Zona's in a very bad spot capwise with Fitz (who is unwilling to negotiate a restructure) and is getting more desperate by the day. Al thrives in dealing in that type of situation, so we'll see what the count can do. C.J. will remain a possibility until draft day is officially over.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it's a six-year, $42 million contract, with $16 million guaranteed.
:shock:

For Bernard fucking Berrian?

Moss is going to be able to get at least 20-25 million in guaranteed coin......which means he wont be a gaytriot, since they are notorious fucking tightwads and he's playing for his last big contract before hanging it up.

Oh, and Q-5 years at 35 mill with 10 mill guaranteed for Stallworth? Fuck, you guys got torched on that one.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I'm pumped.

Go Raiders.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

trev wrote:I'm pumped.

Go Raiders.
RACK!

Is it preseason yet, damnit?
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Gaydar Lames played varsity high school football so he truly knows anything and everything when it comes to football strategy.
I know my fair share. Throw in that i've worked with and trained numerous athletes day in and day out for many years since my playing days, and that I could still take anyone who posts here to the fucking woodshed in football, basketball, or baseball-and it becomes crystal clear as to why I spend my time in these particular forums going back and forth with people who know these sports well too.

Now post something worthwhile regarding NFL football or get the fuck out, you gameless dripping slit.
Last edited by Raydah James on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Oh damn!

Here come the Cheifs with some impact moves:
CHIEFS HAUL IN WILLIAMS

The free-agency frenzy continues, even late into a Saturday night.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Chiefs have agreed to terms with former Falcons linebacker Demorrio Williams on a five-year, $16 million contract.

The deal includes $5.5 million in guaranteed money.
Uh, maybe not.

:lol:
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

They had to sign Demorrio Williams because last year's free agent signing at MLB, Nap Harris (the former Raydah, with SHOULD'VE been enough of a red flag to NOT sign the POS) was a complete and utter BUST. Williams' contract was far from a cap-busting deal too, so I like what they're doing so far.
Brock in Va Beach
Jake

I like how they went out to replace Harris with the SAME FREAKING PLAYER!!

Nice 2nd tier pickup Carl. someone should have woke him up on Friday when this thing started. Still waiting on some kind of help on O-Line, WR, or DB. You know, shit we really need. I'm not going to hold my breath. They'll sign a couple people like Brandon Lloyd in May.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Raydah James wrote:Moss is going to be able to get at least 20-25 million in guaranteed coin......which means he wont be a gaytriot, since they are notorious fucking tightwads and he's playing for his last big contract before hanging it up.

With the latest rumors about Daunte and Randy wanted to play together again...I wonder what team wants to take a chance on Culpepper. Plus, there's no guarantee that Moss won't flip out again or quit on his team. It seemed like the perfect situation in New England...they just couldn't take care of business in Glendale.