PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: How's your team look for '08?

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Graet pitching, shitty bats. :(
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm a Ducksfan. Oregon hasn't played baseball in like 27 years, but are fielding a team this year, thus ending the "Pac 9" era.

So any upgrade from "nothing" is a good one.

For this season, if the beat The Champs even once, it's a good season.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Mizzou has an excellent pitching staff, Crow could end up being one of top pitchers in College baseball. (key word is could)

If the bats are there, they fight for Big12 Title, if not, they finish 2-4th in conference with a NCAA bid.

preseason rankings from 12th on rivals to 8th on college baseball site. Higher expectations this year, especially with Starting staff they have coming back.
DoggFather
Crack Whore

Post by DoggFather »

Long Beach State looks really solid this year. All but two return from last year's starters including Danny Espinosa who's looking to continue the string of great shortstops that have come out of Long Beach. Pitching is pretty deep, and we got a nice 1-2 punch in our starting rotation. It will definitely be a battle with CSUF for the Big West title.

Go Beach! :mrgreen:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

A&M looks like its typical self. Ranked preseason in the top 20 or so. Some strong bats. Stouffer is 1st team preseason all american. He's the real deal. I don't judge too much on the pre conference play. A&M usually plays a couple series against deece teams, but this year they scheduled cupcakes.

Northern Colorado
McNeese St.
Ohio St.
Arkansas
La Tech
Nicholls St.
Rutgers
Centenary

That's about as weak a pre-conference schedule I've seem A&M put together ever. Guess they are following the basketball team's model. :meds:

Then there's the conference schedule where we mix in some other good non-conference games witht he likes of Houston, TCU and of course Rice. Got the standard UTA, SFA and Sam Houston where we are bound to tank one of those.

All in all, I think A&M makes the postseason. Our pitching is somewhat a mystery to me right now, but our bats are strong. A bad conference showing will end the season for us.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

We have a good deal of young pitching to go along with experienced bats, so it should be an interesting season. If the pitching staff comes together quickly I think we should have a good chance to go to the Regionals this season.
Dreams......Temporary Madness