Perfect season

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Th
PAT FAN

Perfect season

Post by Th »

Who (honestly) would have thought we would be discussing a potential Patriots 19-0 record at this point of the season? Videogate aside I would have not thought the Pats would have had the motivation to mainatin the level of play required to reach the point that they are at now. But, all things considered, here we are discussing it nontheless. I am NOT buying into the 14 point spread that is being discussed around the sports talk venues. I very much expect to see another game like the week 17 matchup between the two teams. However, the Patriots didn't put in all the work necessary to get to 18-0 just to wind up at 18-1. The result will be the same and the Patriots will win - mark it! Look back to this thread later for my score prediction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Discuss
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Perfect season

Post by Goober McTuber »

Unfortunately, I have to agree. The ’72 Dolphins team has been insufferable. Pats fan will be much worse.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Th wrote:Look back to this thread later for my score prediction
I can barely stand the suspense.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Let's try something more interesting. Da' Pats vs a team of mini Belichiks. Who wins?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:Let's try something more interesting. Da' Pats vs a team of mini Belichiks. Who wins?

The Pats of course. With the big Belichick coaching them they can beat anyone.....
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Neely8 wrote:
BSmack wrote:Let's try something more interesting. Da' Pats vs a team of mini Belichiks. Who wins?

The Pats of course. With the big Belichick coaching them they can beat anyone.....
Yea, but Belichik is coaching both teams.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:
Neely8 wrote:

Yea, but Belichik is coaching both teams.

Mini Belichick is only half as good as Big Belichick....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Regardless of what happens, the 85 Bears are still the best team I've ever seen….. They scored 9 times (sup Ed Rooney?) as many points in the playoffs as their opponents = 21-0, 24-0, 46-10. Much like the way the Patriots offense began the season, the Bears defense finished it.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Regardless of what happens, the 85 Bears are still the best team I've ever seen…..

The '84 Niners might have a beef with that. They beat the fuck out of everybody en route yo their Superbowl victory.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:The '84 Niners might have a beef with that. They beat the fuck out of everybody en route yo their Superbowl victory.
Yea, everybody except the 84 Steelers. Sorry, but the Bears were better.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Regardless of what happens, the 85 Bears are still the best team I've ever seen….. They scored 9 times (sup Ed Rooney?) as many points in the playoffs as their opponents = 21-0, 24-0, 46-10. Much like the way the Patriots offense began the season, the Bears defense finished it.

Did you watch the NFL network today? They had a replay of the 85 SB...Who the fuck let the Patriots into the SB that year? Oh and Jim McMahon had no business being an NFL QB after watching him chuck up some of the throws he was attempting... Even Rex Gross made better throws than he did.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

jiminphilly wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Regardless of what happens, the 85 Bears are still the best team I've ever seen….. They scored 9 times (sup Ed Rooney?) as many points in the playoffs as their opponents = 21-0, 24-0, 46-10. Much like the way the Patriots offense began the season, the Bears defense finished it.

Did you watch the NFL network today? They had a replay of the 85 SB...Who the fuck let the Patriots into the SB that year? Oh and Jim McMahon had no business being an NFL QB after watching him chuck up some of the throws he was attempting... Even Rex Gross made better throws than he did.

The Pats worked their ass off for the right to get their brains beat in. I was at the AFC Championshp that year in Miami and honestly just getting to the SB was amazing. Nobody here really gave them a shot. We hoped but didn't think it would happen. Then again alot of us didn't give them a chance against the Rams either......
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

BSmack wrote: Yea, everybody except the 84 Steelers. Sorry, but the Bears were better.
That proves what exactly? The Niners had a better regular season record and oblitterated everyone in the playoffs including virtually the same Bears team 23-0.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
BSmack wrote: Yea, everybody except the 84 Steelers. Sorry, but the Bears were better.
That proves what exactly? The Niners had a better regular season record and oblitterated everyone in the playoffs including virtually the same Bears team 23-0.
They had the SAME regular season record you ignorant twat.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

BSmack wrote: They had the SAME regular season record you ignorant twat.

Oh fuck. What year did they finish 14-2 then? '86?
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

War Wagon wrote:
Th wrote:Look back to this thread later for my score prediction
I can barely stand the suspense.
Me too! Come on Th what’s the hold up? You’re killing me!
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Th wrote:Who (honestly) would have thought we would be discussing a potential Patriots 19-0 record at this point of the season? Videogate aside I would have not thought the Pats would have had the motivation to mainatin the level of play required to reach the point that they are at now. But, all things considered, here we are discussing it nontheless. I am NOT buying into the 14 point spread that is being discussed around the sports talk venues. I very much expect to see another game like the week 17 matchup between the two teams. However, the Patriots didn't put in all the work necessary to get to 18-0 just to wind up at 18-1. The result will be the same and the Patriots will win - mark it! Look back to this thread later for my score prediction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
What the Patriots have done this season has been truly amazing, but they were DAMN lucky to win those games against the Colts, Eagles, and ESPECIALLY the Ravens.
Goobs McAnkleBiter wrote:Unfortunately, I have to agree. The ’72 Dolphins team has been insufferable. Pats fan will be much worse.

Probably so, BUT I think we can all agree that any of us whose team won every single game in a given season would be insufferable. Historic 'Bode will give you license to do so.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Settle down Paul, the Ravens game was a virtual lock because I was there in person to watch that mofo :P
They have won in every way you can imagine and have earned the right to be crowned the team that had the greatest season ever if they win on Feb 3(which is a lock in itself having never lost a SB played in Feb). You cant win 19 games in a row without getting some breaks, but you also can't hold that against any team either. If it were that simple, we'd have this discussion every year about team X or team Y. We've all seen some very good teams like the Steelers of the 70's, 9ers of the 80's, the '85 Bears, the Cowboys of the '90s. 2001 to the present it's the Pats and a 19-0 record just cements their place in the archives. PERIOD.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

FAT fucking RETARD wrote:
Paul's daddy Goober McTuber wrote:Unfortunately, I have to agree. The ’72 Dolphins team has been insufferable. Pats fan will be much worse.

Probably so, BUT I think we can all agree that any of us whose team won every single game in a given season would be insufferable. Historic 'Bode will give you license to do so.
Oh horseshit. Green Bay Packers already have Historic 'Bode with 12 NFL Championships, and I'm one of the most delightful and endearing posters here.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

My Little BITCH Goobs wrote:Oh horseshit. Green Bay Packers already have Historic 'Bode with 12 NFL Championships, and I'm one of the most BOORISH and ANKLE-BITING posters here.
That's more like it. Goobs, do you ever tire of me kicking your bitch ass up and down this board?
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hey fatfuck,

Whoever led you to believe that you are capable of running smack did you a monumental disservice.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cueball wrote:
..if they win on Feb 3(which is a lock in itself).
hmm...

Well, there you have it.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'll be watching because this game has the potential to go down as one of the very most memorable sporting events of all-time.

Don't know for sure if it'll shake out that way, but it very well might.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

You'll be watching because it's the motherfucking Super Bowl.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jiminphilly wrote:They had a replay of the 85 SB...Who the fuck let the Patriots into the SB that year?

Hey! I know this one!

Q: Who the fuck let the Patriots into the 85 Super Bowl?

A: No one

What do I win?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK, I guess I didn't word that properly.

I'll try again...

The Patriots didn't play in the 85 Super Bowl, you idiot.

Hopefully that clears things up.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

While played in 1986 it was the Superbowl to crown the Champion following the 1985 regular season. Your both right in a way.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:You'll be watching because it's the motherfucking Super Bowl.
The next Superbowl I watch just because it's the Superbowl will be the first. A matchup between cheating cocksuckers and Generic Football Team #234201K2GH144-8 (1 each) has absolutely no interest.

But a bunch of crybaby pussies would have been better I am sure. Your bitterness is duly noted. Enjoy your offseason.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:I don't have an offseason because I don't play professional football and neither do you, you fat, dick sucking tard.

Enjoy watching your teams offseason then. That better?? Maybe your teams players can make up more bogus shit so that they can get a last few moments of media glory before they disappear. Don't be bitter though. Your team can always say that they got beat twice in the greatest season in NFL history.
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:You'll be watching because it's the motherfucking Super Bowl.
The next Superbowl I watch just because it's the Superbowl will be the first. A matchup between cheating cocksuckers and Generic Football Team #234201K2GH144-8 (1 each) has absolutely no interest.
Sin,
A fan of a team whose best defensive player is a proven Steroid freak.

Stones in glass houses, dipshit.
mvscal wrote:I don't have an offseason because I don't play professional football and neither do you, you fat, dick sucking tard.
Your team DOES have an offseason, you fucking Tourette's Syndrome poster boy. That's what Neely was referring to....but then again most of us with an IQ better than a rock knew that. But by all means, don't let moi stop you from letting the dickheadedness flow, RtSvcal.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

RevLimiter wrote:Stones in glass houses, dipshit.

Paul… if someone doesn't start breaking the walls and/or ceilings in your glass house, how will you ever be airlifted to the Fat Farm?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Neely8 wrote:While played in 1986 it was the Superbowl to crown the Champion following the 1985 regular season. Your both right in a way.....

Uhm...

No.

I know Chowds tend to be fucking stupid as a general rule, but...

The 1985 Super Bowl was, in fact, played in 1985. I know nineteen hundred and eighty five is more than you can count on all your fingers and toes, so you'll just have to trust me on this one.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hey, Neely and jiminphilly, wanna play a trivia game?

Here, we'll start off with an easy one...

Q) What year did the War of 1812 start?

And don't any of you non-Neely/jiminphilly's answer this one.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

The Super Bowl following the 1985 REGULAR SEASON was played in 1986. That is what I said. You really love yourself don't you?
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Neely8 wrote:You really love yourself don't you?

I may be the fate of Ophelia
sleeping and perchance to dream -
honest to the point of recklessness
self centered to the extreme
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RevLimiter wrote:Your team DOES have an offseason

Yes and no.

At least 52 of them do. There's unconfirmed yet persistant reports that one of them is still sitting on the sidelines in Foxboro crying his eyes out.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Regardless of what happens in Super Bowl XLII, the debate about whether the Patriots are the best team in NFL history seems to be over: They are. If they played the 1979 Steelers, the Pats would simply outscore them. If they faced the '85 Bears, the Pats would employ the same kind of quick-strike, anti-blitz passing scheme Dan Marino's Dolphins used to beat Chicago on "Monday Night Football" (Wes Welker would be huge). Only the '89 San Francisco 49ers could match the Patriots' offensive personnel, but New England is more complete on defense. On the most basic historical level, the '07 Patriots have scored the most points and won games by the widest average margin. It's impossible to definitively compare teams from different seasons in any objective way, but -- statistically and anecdotally -- this is the finest pro football team ever assembled.

Source:

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jack wrote:Only the '89 San Francisco 49ers could match the Patriots' offensive personnel, but New England is more complete on defense.

BWA!

Stop, dude, you're killing me over here.

The names Ronnie Lott, Charles Haley, Matt Millen, Keena Turner, or Bill Romanowski ring any bells? And whoever else I'm forgetting?

Maybe you should find an article that wasn't written by Belichick's mother.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

How old are you?

name calling?? What do you expect me to come back with a sticks and stones verse?

You mentioned good players and a team defense that will always be compared to the Patriots of 2007. Noone will ever be able to say definitely that one was better than the other but the stats and the players are worthy of comparison....

How about Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour,Ty Warren, Tedy Bruschi, Rosevelt Colvin, Junior Seau
Adalius Thomas, Mike Vrabel, Ellis Hobbs, Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison

Patriots have the #4 rated Defense in 2007. 49ers were also 4th in total Defense way back in 1989.
Do you think the talent in the NFL has improved, declined or stayed the same in the last 19 years?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Jack wrote:name calling?? What do you expect me to come back with a sticks and stones verse?

Dude.... type out your login ID and mash the submit button. Look at your monitor.

J A C K = Jack

:lol: