Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

fix
Eternal Scobode

What's Sundin worth?

Post by fix »

If they were JFJ ...

GLENN HEALY
During a 15-year career, played for the Los Angeles Kings, New York Islanders, New York Rangers and Maple Leafs. It has widely been speculated he is a candidate to become an NHL general manager.

I would trade Sundin to Ottawa for ...
Andrej Meszaros, D. 22 years old. In 41 games, has 7 goals, 12 assists and has a plus-minus rating of plus-8.
Patrick Eaves, RW. 23 years old. In 20 games, has 4 goals, 4 assists.
Antoine Vermette, LW. 25 years old. In 40 games, has eight goals, 15 assists.
Two first- or second-round draft picks in 2008.

John Muckler
Muckler has more than 50 years of pro hockey experience as a part owner, general manager, director of player personnel, director of hockey operations, head coach, assistant coach and player.

I would trade Sundin to Detroit for ...
Andreas Lilja, D. 32 years old. In 42 games, has 2 goals, 7 assists with a plus-minus rating of plus-7.
Brendan Smith, D. 18 years old. A Toronto native, Smith was Detroit's first-round pick in 2007.
Two high round picks.

PHIL ESPOSITO
Coach and GM of the Rangers for three years in the mid-1980s, during which he earned the nickname "Trader Phil." He also was GM of the Lightning.

I would trade Sundin to Pittsburgh for ...
Jordan Staal, C. 19 years old. In 41 games, has 3 goals, 7 assists.
Angelo Esposito, C. Was Pittsburgh's first-round pick in 2007, 20th overall.
A 2008 first-round pick.

BILL WATTERS
Former Maple Leafs assistant general manager.

I would trade Sundin to San Jose for ...
Ryane Clowe, LW, 25 years old. In 11 games, has 3 goals and 3 assists.
Nick Petrecki, D, 18 years old. Was the 28th pick in the 2007 draft, the second of San Jose's two first-round picks.
First and second-round pick, 2008.

BRIAN LAWTON
A former first overall pick and longtime player agent, Lawton is looking for work as an NHL GM.

I would trade Sundin to Anaheim for ...
Drew Miller, LW. 23 years old. In 25 games, has 2 goals and 3 assists.
Anaheim's first-round pick in 2009.
Anaheim's first-round pick in 2008 (acquired from Edmonton) or Bobby Ryan, C. 20 years old. In 13 games, he has 3 goals, 2 assists.

GORD STELLICK
GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs from April 1988 until August 1989.

I would trade Sundin to Vancouver for ...
Mason Raymond, LW. 22 years old. In 20 games, has 3 goals, 6 assists.
Cory Schneider, G. 21 years old. Vancouver's first-round pick, 26th, in 2004. Taylor Ellington, D. 19 years old. Vancouver's second-round pick, 33rd overall, in 2007.

CRAIG BUTTON
Former Calgary Flames GM.

I would trade Sundin to Calgary for ...
Matthew Lombardi, C. 25 years old. In 43 games, has 9 goals, 12 assists.
Mikael Backlund, C. 18 years old. Calgary's first-round pick, 24th overall, in 2007.
Dustin Boyd, C. 21 years old. In 19 games, has 3 goals, 2 assists.
Two first-round picks in the next three years – taken at the discretion of the Leafs prior to the selection at the draft. "That would allow the Leafs the opportunity to maximize the picks." The Leafs would demand a second-round pick in the year they didn't take a first-rounder.

MIKE MILBURY
Former New York Islanders GM

I would trade Sundin to New Jersey for ...
Nicklas Bergfors, RW. 20 years old. New Jersey's first-round pick, 23rd overall, in 2005.
2008 first-round draft pick.
I kind of like Esposito's proposal the best.. especially if the Leafs decide to toss either Toskela or Tucker into that mix and add a couple more 1st round draft picks for the 2009 draft.
Anything to get a good lottery shot at John Tavares.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: What's Sundin worth?

Post by Shoalzie »

That deal for the Wings would work for me but I can't really say the Wings need another center when they have so many natural centers playing the wing. I guess if you add Sundin, Zetterberg can be his left wing. Datsyuk seems to be more than capable of centering his own line. A second line with Sundin and Zetterberg would be a nightmare matchup for teams in the playoffs.

I'm with you that the Pittsburgh deal looks best but I can't imagine the Penguins giving up that much young talent for a guy with not many years left. He would be a great compliment to Crosby though.

I kind of like that Ottawa proposal as well...Vermette and Meszaros are good young players plus those two picks would be nice but they'll be at the back-half of the round.

I think you ultimately have to look at moving Sundin from a Leafs perspective. This looks like a lost season.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

I have to agree with you, from the Penguins outlook, they probably wouldn't want to give up that much for Sundin.
Which is why I suggested exapanding the deal to include Toskala... a goalie that could carry them or Tucker, the gritty veteran Gary Roberts type forward that they need too.

Those additions would make them serious contenders to go deep into the playoffs, if not all the way to the Cup finals...

And they have the cap room to handle it.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Another rough night for LeafsNation...blew a 2-0 lead in the third and lost. Unlike the Sens, they weren't able to pull the game out. A point out of last place in the East...something has got to happen soon.

That game for the Sens was costly...Heatley out 4-6 weeks with a seperated shoulder.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227200&hubname=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Shoalzie wrote:Another rough night for LeafsNation...blew a 2-0 lead in the third and lost. Unlike the Sens, they weren't able to pull the game out. A point out of last place in the East...something has got to happen soon.

That game for the Sens was costly...Heatley out 4-6 weeks with a seperated shoulder.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227200&hubname=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The axe has to fall this coming week or else there'll be a full out attack on MLSE and the teachers pension fund from all media, season's ticket holders and the fans.... enough is enough. If nothing happens, then it'll be obvious to everyone (even the myopic Leaf fan like Hap) that the Leafs ownership and management simply doesn't give a shit about winning or building a winning product.

Let me guess, Shoalzie, you have Heatley on your fantasy hockey team right? :P :mrgreen:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Otis wrote:Let me guess, Shoalzie, you have Heatley on your fantasy hockey team right? :P :mrgreen:

He might as well be...

I love that trade I just made...Lupul gets hurt right after I get him. :lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Jeff Carter's name is geting tossed around as part of a potential trade for Sundin. Flyers have a lot of draft picks but it'll be intersting to see if Holmgren has the balls to make a deal of this magnitude.