Suzanne Pleshette DEAD

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Bobby42
Natural Man

Suzanne Pleshette DEAD

Post by Bobby42 »

A classy, beautiful lady. May she rest in peace. Hoping to turn on the TV tomorrow morning to find her still there. Smiling.
'Newhart' Actress Pleshette Dies

By BOB THOMAS
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Suzanne Pleshette, the husky-voiced star best known for her role as Bob Newhart's sardonic wife on television's long-running "The Bob Newhart Show," has died at age 70.

Pleshette, whose career included roles in such films as Hitchcock's "The Birds" and in Broadway plays including "The Miracle Worker," died of respiratory failure Saturday evening at her Los Angeles home, said her attorney Robert Finkelstein, also a family friend.

Pleshette underwent chemotherapy for lung cancer in 2006.

"The Bob Newhart Show, a hit throughout its six-year run, starred comedian Newhart as a Chicago psychiatrist surrounded by eccentric patients. Pleshette provided the voice of reason.

Four years after the show ended in 1978, Newhart went on to the equally successful "Newhart" series in which he was the proprietor of a New England inn populated by more eccentrics. When that show ended in 1990, Pleshette reprised her role - from the first show - in one of the most clever final episodes in TV history.

It had Newhart waking up in the bedroom of his "The Bob Newhart Show" home with Pleshette at his side. He went on to tell her of the crazy dream he'd just had of running an inn filled with eccentrics.

"If I'm in Timbuktu, I'll fly home to do that," Pleshette said of her reaction when Newhart told her how he was thinking of ending the show.

Born Jan. 31, 1937, in New York City, Pleshette began her career as a stage actress after attending the city's High School of the Performing Arts and studying at its Neighborhood Playhouse. She was often picked for roles because of her beauty and her throaty voice.

"When I was 4," she told an interviewer in 1994, "I was answering the phone, and (the callers) thought I was my father. So I often got quirky roles because I was never the conventional ingenue."

She met her future husband, Tom Poston, when they appeared together in the 1959 Broadway comedy "The Golden Fleecing," but didn't marry him until more than 40 years later.

Although the two had a brief fling, they went on to marry others. By 2000 both were widowed and they got back together, marrying the following year.

"He was such a wonderful man. He had fun every day of his life," Pleshette said after Poston died in April 2007.

Among her other Broadway roles was replacing Anne Bancroft in "The Miracle Worker," the 1959 drama about Helen Keller, in New York and on the road.

Meanwhile, she had launched her film career with Jerry Lewis in 1958 in "The Geisha Boy." She went on to appear in numerous television shows, including "Have Gun, Will Travel," "Alfred Hitchcock Presents," "Playhouse 90" and "Naked City."

By the early 1960s, Pleshette attracted a teenage following with her youthful roles in such films as "Rome Adventure," "Fate Is the Hunter," "Youngblood Hawke" and "A Distant Trumpet."

She married fellow teen favorite Troy Donahue, her co-star in "Rome Adventure," in 1964 but the union lasted less than a year. She was married to Texas oilman Tim Gallagher from 1968 until his death in 2000.

Pleshette matured in such films as Hitchcock's "The Birds" and the Disney comedies "The Ugly Dachshund," "Blackbeard's Ghost" and "The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin." Over the years, she also had a busy career in TV movies, including playing the title role in 1990's "Leona Helmsley, the Queen of Mean."

More recently, she appeared in several episodes of the TV sitcoms "Will & Grace" and "8 Simple Rules ... For Dating My Teenage Daughter."

In a 1999 interview, Pleshette observed that being an actress was more important than being a star.

"I'm an actress, and that's why I'm still here," she said. "Anybody who has the illusion that you can have a career as long as I have and be a star is kidding themselves."
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Suzanne Pleshette DEAD

Post by Wolfman »

damn, too bad--- she was HOT
2008 is taking its toll already !
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Four years after the show ended in 1978, Newhart went on to the equally successful "Newhart" series in which he was the proprietor of a New England inn populated by more eccentrics. When that show ended in 1990, Pleshette reprised her role - from the first show - in one of the most clever final episodes in TV history.

It had Newhart waking up in the bedroom of his "The Bob Newhart Show" home with Pleshette at his side. He went on to tell her of the crazy dream he'd just had of running an inn filled with eccentrics.

"If I'm in Timbuktu, I'll fly home to do that," Pleshette said of her reaction when Newhart told her how he was thinking of ending the show.
She deserves a rack for that one. That was the best ending ever for a TV sitcom, imho.

On the subject of TV trivia, the Darryls also spoke onscreen for the first time in that episode.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Gotta agree with Wolfie... when I was a kid watching that show thought she was hottie

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Who?

Got. Damn. you shrivel skinned motherfuckers are old.

Whats next-you depends messing dust pissers going to start throwing down the hardcore old skool smack by calling each other "schmoes"?

Someone page Kevorkian to this board stat.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

They're talking about hot women, Jimmy, you wouldn't be interested.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Goober McTuber wrote:They're talking about hot women, Jimmy, you wouldn't be interested.
When the subject is "hot women", Wisconsin dumbfuck will be be asked for thier input around the same time Nishlord is hit up about tooth care and floss selection.

Fuck you and your frozen fucking Bisons you cunts attempt to pass off as women.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Goober McTuber wrote:They're talking about hotwomen, Jimmy, you wouldn't be interested.
Jimmys just angry that there aren't any hair style and clothing challenged smooth young unkempt boys, or shaggy unwashed dykes who look like hair style and clothing challenged smooth young unkempt boys to hook up with here.

Jimmy herds tanned heifers in the Gym from the truck scales to the rowing barges and back again, all day long. I'd be angry too if my average customer had a higher BMI than a molting Elephant Seal on a haul out.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Raydah James wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:They're talking about hot women, Jimmy, you wouldn't be interested.
When the subject is "hot women", Wisconsin dumbfuck will be be asked for thier input around the same time Nishlord is hit up about tooth care and floss selection.

Fuck you and your frozen fucking Bisons you cunts attempt to pass off as women.
Now Jimmy, Wisconsin has produced Miss Americas, not all of our bitches are hogs. The point of discussion here was your obvious proclivity for male companionship. You know, your preference for fit, slim males over fat womens.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Goober McTuber wrote: The point of discussion here was your obvious proclivity for male companionship. You know, your preference for fit, slim males over fat womens.
This is what the fucking board has been reduced to smackwise-a Frasier like retort spanning a full sentence and half to call someone a fag?

Nice fucking work, Niles Crane.

Just pull the goddamn zipper up on the bodybag surrounding this place.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Raydah James wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: The point of discussion here was your obvious proclivity for male companionship. You know, your preference for fit, slim males over fat womens.
This is what the fucking board has been reduced to smackwise-a Frasier like retort spanning a full sentence and half to call someone a fag?

Nice fucking work, Niles Crane.
IKYABWAI? Thanks a bunch, KC James. Not like you won't put out two or three very colorful paragraphs just to call someone a fag, though.