Economics

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Economics

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

When your economy shits the bed and your solution to the crisis is "tax relief", you have to be an idiot to
believe that citizens will spend their windfall on luxury and "big-ticket" items in a down economy.

Folks will sit on their money. The economy is circling the drain.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Economics

Post by Dinsdale »

Martyred wrote:

Of course. That's what low-income people do -- put it under the matress rather than buying food and shit.

Genius take.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dinsdale wrote:
Martyred wrote:

Of course. That's what low-income people do -- put it under the matress rather than buying food and shit.

Genius take.

Buying food. A real economic stimulus.

Shut up, dumb ass.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Martyred wrote:Buying food. A real economic stimulus.
It is if you buy by the warehouse-load.

:paul:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
That is precisely what they do.

Oh.

You must be hanging out with a completely different bunch of low-income people from me.

I don't know any low-income people who do that... and I know a shitload of them.

Let that sink in, dipshit... NOT ONE.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

warehouse-load
:pavlovian response:

sin,
Rumple, Anatomically Perplexed, and IRIE CACKOS
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

:dins: :dins: :dins:
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
Right there are at least 28 MILLION people who say you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

WOW!

Tard, much?

A) Where exactly is that linked to anyone taking their tax rebate and stuffing it under the matress?

If A = B, then C MUST = Jupiter?

WTF are you even talking about?

28 million? So, 10% of the US population may or may not stuff money under their matress, therefore that means all low income people will take their tax rebate and do the same?

E = MC^The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog?

And uhm....

I don't know if you've heard, but there's at minimum 12,000,000 people living in this country illegally. I wonder what percentage of those with the matress-account are in this group? And I wonder how many of them will be seeing that rebate?

The hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the square root of Oprah Winfrey's inseam and the number of grains of sand on the beach?

Seriously, what's with you Chargertards? The further along the postseason is, the more you people throw out reason and logic, which obviously extends into the non-loser-football aspects of your life.

Take a deep breath, Chargertard.... breathe.... breathe....

Now, try and think that one through, and actually try applying some logic this time, rather than the auto-panic reaction your football team has trained you to have.

You'll feel better. In just a few days, it will all be over, and you'll be back to your loser selves.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:3....2....1.....

:dins: :dins: :dins:
I guess you called that shot.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:I can post article about immigrants' mistrust of banks and hoarding their cash at home all day long.
mvscal wrote:... a belief that by the time all the bills are paid there will be nothing left for an account

Like that article?

"Hoarding"?

Ohhhhkay.

You're really struggling with the maths.

I'll help you out again --

0 - 0 = 0

Those numbers will not only come in handy on this subject, but will liklely come into play Sunday, as well.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:Right there are at least 28 MILLION people who say you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
That’s hardly a majority, you realize.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

You're still struggling with the line you posted as "evidence": "A belief that by the time all the bills are paid there will be nothing left for an account."

Are they "hoarding," or are they tapped at the end of the month like the first article you quoted suggests?

Think hard now...

But you weren't satisfied with one Chargering of your own sphincter. Nope. You then posted an article claiming that Mexicans send their money back to Mexico, which is what most of the Mexicans I know do with their leftover cash.

Actually, since I'm trying to understand Chargertard's mindset, could you do me a favor? Explain your progression of logic that suggests that sending money to Mexico is the same as "hoarding it under a matress"?

TIA
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I got to go with Dins on this one.

Most low-income people dont have any money to put in banks or under the mattress. When they get money they either spend it on bills, drugs, alcohol, cigs, and frivolous shit(ei. Rent-A-Center TVs, Rims, Car Audio, ect.). They also probably have a couple/15 kids.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Why would they spend this money on their spawn?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

PSUFAN wrote:Why would they spend this money on their spawn?
Not "THEIR" money, gov't money or rare baby-daddy money
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

10 years ago I managed a scrap metal yard here in Rochester. It was the kind of place where the checks didn't get delivered to the employees until late Friday afternoon because if they got delivered during lunch time, you wouldn't see half the guys until Monday morning. Needless to say, the only ones with direct deposit were myself and the guy who ran our repair shop. The rest of the guys would run across the street to the bowling alley and cash their checks before leaving work.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess none of them had savings accounts.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Mr T wrote:I got to go with Dins on this one.

Most low-income people dont have any money to put in banks or under the mattress. When they get money they either spend it on bills, drugs, alcohol, cigs, and frivolous shit(ei. Rent-A-Center TVs, Rims, Car Audio, ect.). They also probably have a couple/15 kids.
Rims...:lol: On a '79 Cutlass, no doubt.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I can relate -- I spend what I can on drugs, alcohol, and cigs... and the rest goes to frivolous shit.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, is this 28 billion under their matress, or was it sent to Mexico?

More than a little confusing -- but creating confusion was really the only defense you had left.

Or is that 28 billion under a matress in Mexico?

You're all over the place, dude.

Low income people get a check, and run home to put it under the matress. Or they send it to Mexico. Or they buy food and pay rent. Or booze. Or send it to Mexico so their relatives can buy food. Or booze.

Does that cover it?
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Dinsdale wrote:...and pay rent.
Right, because the first thing a low-income person thinks about when he scores an unexpected pseudo-windfall $800 check is to be responsible and pay bills. :lol:

Okay, if you say so.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Chimpy tried this same cash rebate thingie in 2001 and it didn't work then. What the fuck makes anybody think it's going to work this time?

The only thingie that re-invigorated the economy was tax cuts.

Trouble with tax cuts is they never cut them drastically enough. They cut taxes to the point that more money comes in- which they then proceed to piss away. Taxes need to be cut to the point that less money comes in- so much less that they don't dare spend what they're spending now & have to actually spend less.

Then cut taxes some more.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

STOP the political discussion, or rozy's vagina will drown us ALL.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:wouldn't have to wait in line at the convenience store while some greasy spic or n...igger gets ten money orders for his brother in-law's bailbondsman.

I'm getting more confused by the minute here in mvscal's economics class...

People keep bailbondsmen under their matress?

That's some weird, wild stuff.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Then again, there's more than one way to make a bank withdrawl --
Police captured and arrested a man on foot just one block away from the bank they believe he robbed on Thursday.

Had they not been able to find him, the personalized demand note he presented with his name and address would probably have assisted in his capture.

Police arrested Jack Christopher Burch III, of Gresham, and lodged him at Multnomah County Detention Center, accusing him of bank robbery.

Gresham police were dispatched to the Bank of America at 200 East Powell Street on January 17 at about 4:20 p.m. on a report of a person who had just robbed the bank.

After the suspect obtained the money, the victim at the bank reported he fled on foot.

Officers James Leake and Dan Douglas spotted a person matching the description at Southeast Roberts and Southeast Hood, just one block from the bank.

After positively identifying the suspect, they arrested him.

The note demanding money from the bank was signed with Burch's full name and complete address, including apartment number and zip code.

He failed to provide his phone number and date of birth on the note, however.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RACK the word-filter for hitting paydirt-btw.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

A portion of my job consists of working with "low income" people, and often times the financial downfalls and struggles they experience are shared with me -- much of it way more detailed than I want or need to know. I won't make assumptions outside of the people I interact with, but based on my own experiences I can surmise confidently that these are folks simply with no extra money lying around for either a bank account or a mattress account. Even those that do have savings or checking accounts are still living paycheck to paycheck. As a result of that, what little they do have "saved" won't be there long at all.

And when some extra cash finds its way into their possession then you can guarantee it will be spent faster than you can say "money order." My feeling is that most of it is spent frivolously, while the fractions leftover go to the most important past due bills. That's not all that shocking. Many of these folks are "low income" for a reason.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Dinsdale wrote:
People keep bailbondsmen under their matress?
They's mo convenient that way.

Po-lice shows up & arrests you, you already gots a bailbondsman handy.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote: Is it in a bank account or in a roll in homeskillet's pocket ie the mattress.

Dude -- you aren't really going to try and pass this flagrant backpedal off as your original point, are you?

Please say "yes"... PLEASE.

Since this is going so well for you.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:Where is the money in between the time it is received and the time it is spent?
Depends which type of low incomer you're talking about. For the "responsible" types, there is no time in between, because it goes like this: 1) pick up check from mailbox, 2) go to 7-11 and convert to money order, and 3) deliver money order to power supply company or rental account.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:Go fist yourself, dumbfuck. You don't know shit about shit. You just sit here and talk straight the fuck out of your ass on EVERY SINGLE TOPIC. The next subject on which you express the slightest bit of genuine knowledge will be your first.

I just wanted to memorialize this, since after dropping it,

Every. Single. Person. Logged. Into. This. Board. told him just how wrong he was.

Funny shit.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

mvscal wrote:What backpedal? You seem to have this bizarre Charles Dickens fantasy going that low income people are completely penniless. That isn't the case. They frequently do have money and you're more likely to find it on their person or in their house rather than a bank.

That was my original point. I offered evidence that this is done by tens of millions of people. You offered...well, nothing at all in the way of support for your opinion as usual.
You mean that $2.27 in change in their pocket that they are going to use on a pack of Newports?
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

SWEEEET!

He IS actually going to try and sell that pile-of-bullshit.

Anything else you'd like to say on behalf of all the poor people you speak for?
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

I studied Econ in college, did a paper on Greenspan, and now find it interesting that blame on the subprime mortgage bust may be the doings of Alan's low interest rate approach to driving the economic engine.......