Chiefs hire Chan Gailey as OC

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Chiefs hire Chan Gailey as OC

Post by RevLimiter »

Compared to the other candidates (Mike Shula, Eric Price, Jim Fassel, Paul Hackett AGAIN :x ), I think I like this hire.

Bri, you saw Gailey's work 1st-hand with the Stillers....what's your opinion of him?
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Chiefs hire Chan Gailey as OC

Post by War Wagon »

Solid hire.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

He did awesome leading Georgia Tech to an 8th place finish in their conference.
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Dog wrote:He did awesome leading Georgia Tech to an 8th place finish in their conference.
..should be a good fit at K.C. then.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Gailey did a pretty good job considering that his QBs were Kordell Stewart, Mike Tomczak and Jim Miller. He was OC for 2 years before Dallas picked him up. I could certainly think of worse hires.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

If I'm not mistaken Gailey basically brought The Chin into the 21st Century with his version of the spread offense didn't he?
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:If I'm not mistaken Gailey basically brought The Chin into the 21st Century with his version of the spread offense didn't he?
The Steelers were running 5 wideouts under Ron Erhardt. Not that Erhardt LIKED it. Which is one of the reasons Cowher showed Erhardt the door after Super Bowl XXX and replaced him with Gailey.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:If I'm not mistaken Gailey basically brought The Chin into the 21st Century with his version of the spread offense didn't he?
The Steelers were running 5 wideouts under Ron Erhardt. Not that Erhardt LIKED it. Which is one of the reasons Cowher showed Erhardt the door after Super Bowl XXX and replaced him with Gailey.
Running a 5 wideout set looks right now to be pretty difficult for this team seeing as how we only have ONE WR worth a shit. :oops:
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

RevLimiter wrote:Running a 5 wideout set looks right now to be pretty difficult for this team seeing as how we only have ONE WR worth a shit. :oops:

I don't think it would matter if you had TO, Moss, 'Dre Johnson, Colston, and Roy Williams out there running the spread. If your QB doesn't have time to throw, then forget it.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:Running a 5 wideout set looks right now to be pretty difficult for this team seeing as how we only have ONE WR worth a shit. :oops:

I don't think it would matter if you had TO, Moss, 'Dre Johnson, Colston, and Roy Williams out there running the spread. If your QB doesn't have time to throw, then forget it.
True, but one thing I KNOW Herm will get done this offseason is get that O-line fixed....and a LOT of that hinges on whether Jake Long falls to us at #5 in the draft.