No. 5 Giants (11-6) at No. 1 Cowboys (13-3) -- Discussion

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

No. 5 Giants (11-6) at No. 1 Cowboys (13-3) -- Discussion

Post by poptart »

I think Dallas rolls the Gnats.
Giants had an 'emotional' finale v. the Pats, and then they had to go on the road to win v. Tampon Bay.
Now they're on the road again at Dallas.
It catches up with them this week.

The top seeds are rested, ready, and at home.

Dallas - 27
NY G - 17

Thoughts?
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Re: No. 5 Giants (11-6) at No. 1 Cowboys (13-3) -- Discussion

Post by Headhunter »

One of the difficult aspects of beating a team 3 times in a year (something the Cowboys have never done) is coming up with something the opposition hasn't seen before, and still dancing with who brung ya. With a semi healthy T.O. and Terry Glenn, they'll have exactly that. Something new to add, yet still being able to rely on their base offense. I think Romo and crew get back on track and post some gaudy offensive numbers on the Gints. Without T.O., I think the grind it out in a closer win. As long as they have someone to draw the double team (T.O., Glenn, or Witten), the 2's and 3's can get a sniff of the ball and take care of it. Where the Cowboys have struggled with TO out, is that they then face a lot of 2 deep zones, and a lot less man coverage on Crayton and Hurd/Austin. Those zones also hurt Wittens ability to split the seam (something he has done to kill opposition all year) as the safeties aren't cheating to cover TO. If TO is out, and Glenn draws the double, the Boys will still move the ball well. If TO and Glenn are out there, look for Crayton and Witten to clean up.

If you go down the line, the Cowboys have the edge at almost every position/group. Save for the D-line and their pass rush, and even that could be considered a push. I'd give the overall edge to NY's D-Line if they weren't playing the Cowboys O-Line. So the one edge the Giants should have is negated by the imposing O-Line the Cowboys are sporting. I think the Cowboys have a lot to prove, and are a very hungry team. The extra weeks rest will show in the fourth quarter when the Giants D-Line starts to get tired, and Barber starts to punish them and kill the clock. The Cowboys have been excellent protecting a 4th quarter lead all year, and this will be no different.

I think the Giants will miss Shockey, and it will show. They'll have a hard time moving the ball.

Pop's score is pretty close, but I'm trading out a Giants TD for a field goal.
Cowboys 27-13
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

This game is a veritable crapshoot IMO. They're two divisional foes who should know each other inside and out. I'll call the Giants just because you know someone is going to score an upset.

Giants 20

Cowboys 17
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Romo's thumb is fine. Garrett has had plenty of time to gameplan. Dallas wins this one going away.

Dallas 27
New York 14
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

This should be a Cowboys victory.

The Cowboys need to start the game and score quick, they can't afford to start off slow since the Giants are going to try to run the ball all day and control the clock. I think the loss of Shockey will show up big on this one and the Giants will not be able to keep up. Not having Shockey will allow the Cowboys to allow Williams to move more up in the box. Hopefully he will finally show up for a game and do something.

TO will be a game time decision but I think he will play. I expect that if he is on the field the Cowboys will take shots with Glenn down the field which should open things up for Witten. I like the thought of Crayton vs the Giants third CB. Should be a win in that situation. Which just means that the Cowboys should have a lot of 6-7 man fronts to run against. And I really don't see the Giants getting to Romo very much. They haven't beaten the Cowboys O-line much this year and I doubt it to change much.

Cowboys 31
Giants 10
Save me some of that corn for laters...
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Leave it to the engineer of the group to be a little more pessimistic than my beloved Cowboy brethren. I was praying for either the Foreskins or Bucs coming to Dallas because I did not want to face the Gnats for a third time. While HH brings up a good point, that the Boys will have a new wrinkle (Glenn), I don't know if thats really enough to "put a scare" into the Giants. his timing with Romo is not going to be there (two weeks won't be enough time). If TO is not healthy, I look for the Gnats to throw a safety in the box and stuff the run. That'll put the Boys in some 3rd and longs, and look for Strahan and company to pin their ears back and tee off on Romo (see far-laaaaaaaaaah commercial). If they can capitalize on a couple of Cowboy turnovers this may end up being an ass whooping by the Gnats.

I hope I am wrong. I hope TO is healthy, and Glenn shreds the secondary. I think the Boys should win this game but its not going to be easy.

Boys 27
Gnats 24 OT
AP's Self of Steam
Crack Whore

Post by AP's Self of Steam »

Gnats are 8-1 on the road, Romo's fucking starlets instead of watching game film ERRRRR his thumb isn't completely healthy, Owens is not 100%, and unfortunately, the Gnats look like the upset special.

Gnats 22
Jessica Simpson 17
Atomic Punk wrote:A shit troll is threatening me now?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

AP's Self of Steam wrote:Gnats are 8-1 on the road.
And who did that single loss come against?

And why the fuck am I asking a troll a question?

Nevermind.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

She-ly vs. Romo

..game over

Dallas 28
Gnats 10
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ChargerMike wrote: ..game over
Not so fast.

G-Men did light up the 'boys D to the tune of 35 points in Week One.

Only problem was they gave up 45.

But this is a tempting upset pick.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I don't think Shockey is that big of a loss. He bitches and whines way to much and kind of throws the team off kilter. If Eli has a good game and the Giants can run the ball setting up 2nd and short then they have a chance. They have to pressure Romo and get hits on him. Eli can't win the game but you don't want him to lose it by trying to do too much. Being a Giant fan I'm cautiously optimistic about this one, but it's the Giants so take Dallas.
D 24
NY 14
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

The Crackwagon is GOING DOWN.

Face it CrackwagonFan, they have looked like SHIT since beating the Packers 5 weeks ago. The Lions had their asses WHIPPED (until the Lions remembered that they were indeed The Lions in the 4th quarter), the Eagles straight up took them to the woodshed (AT Texas Stadium, no less), they BARELY got out of Carolina with a W, and even with Romo playing the 1st half they shit the bed against an emotional and hungrier Redskin bunch.

Giants- 27
'Boys- 20
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
AP's Self of Steam
Crack Whore

Post by AP's Self of Steam »

War Wagon wrote:
AP's Self of Steam wrote:Gnats are 8-1 on the road.
And who did that single loss come against?

And why the fuck am I asking a troll a question?

Nevermind.
Two completely different teams, shitbird, and it was the first game of the fucking season. Romo's thumb wasn't fucked up last time. Gnats are a much different (and better) team on the road.

I stand by my prediction. Although I loathe both teams equally.
Atomic Punk wrote:A shit troll is threatening me now?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Giants 28

Boys 24
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

A few Stats for you dongslurpers to remember.

Romo is 3-.5 against the giants. The .5 coming in his first NFL action when he replaced Bledsoe at the half.

The Giants have only beaten 2 Playoff teams the entire season. The Redskins (first meeting) and most recently the Bucs. Put that into perspective. For the Giants, 9 of their 10 wins came against teams that didn't make the playoffs.

The first meeting everyone keeps refernece was Sans T. Newman. Burress had 8 rececption for 144 & a TD. With Newman in the second meeting, 4 catches for 24 yards, no TD's.

So you want to claim the Boys are limping into the playoffs loosing 2 or the last 4? How about the Giants loosing 4 of their last 8?

T.O will go. He practiced yesterday. Will do the same today. Cowboys drop a fat cock in the Giants ass.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

The regular season meetings mean nothing at this point. The Giants have to get to Romo early and often. If he has time to pass, then he'll have another good game against New York. I think the Giants have learned from their 2 losses to Dallas.

Giants 31
Dallas 28
Dreams......Temporary Madness
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

MuchoBulls wrote:The Giants have to get to Romo early and often.
I agree.

It's the key to the game.

If Romo hits the turf hard a few times early I think the Gnats might have a shot at this game.

If not, turn out the lights.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If Owens is unable to go, the big key will be the Giants linebackers containing Jason Witten. He becomes Romo's #1 target. With speedsters like Glenn and Crayton, I think the Cowboys would be wise to use them on deeper routes to open up the underneath area for Witten to make plays. Throw in the solid 1-2 punch at running back with Barber and Jones...I don't see the Cowboys offense dropping off that much with Owens not being in.

On the other side, I don't see Eli losing this game by himself. He had an efficient game last week and didn't turnover the ball while his defense had three takeaways. Both QBs were among the worst of the starting QBs for throwing the ball to the other team. Manning and Romo had 39 combined INT in the regular season compared to the matchup last night where Brady and Garrard combined for 11 regular season picks.

I sound like a broken record but the team that can run the ball and avoid the costly mistake will win. It's an elementary concept it's usually what teams need to do in the playoffs to win...run and control the clock and don't give the ball away. I'll give the slight edge to the home team and Romo will get a playoff to exorcise last year's blunder in Seattle and set up a rematch with Green Bay next week.

Giants 28
Cowboys 31
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Take Giants and the points - but Cowboys cover

Eli tosses a late INT that seals it

Dallas 34
Giants 31
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:Take Giants and the points - but Cowboys cover

You're not very good at this sports gambling thing.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Heads you win tails I lose?

Gotcha.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Eli will do what his big brother couldn't!

Giants 34 Cowboys 27.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

I know this- Jessica Simpson better not be IN THE STATE OF TEXAS if the 'Boys lose this game. :lol:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Dinsdale wrote:
KC Scott wrote:Take Giants and the points - but Cowboys cover

You're not very good at this sports gambling thing.
Cover... errr win.... errr

Just covering all the bases.... sin,

:paul:

Just got in - Long ass trip today - sitting in my room overlooking times square right now.

NY sucks
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Ummm...What does Jacobs have against playclocks?

Really dont know what that was about
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Jints just went up 21-17....time to get your GRIP on, CrackwagonFan. :twisted:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

This is the point in the game where Eli does something incomprehensibly stupid.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Caughlin must have been thinking the same thing. 3 plays, 3 runs.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Romo WILL lose this game for the Cowboys....especially with STUPID plays like that one, holding onto the ball and taking a sack 16 yards back.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

BSmack wrote:This game is a veritable crapshoot IMO. They're two divisional foes who should know each other inside and out. I'll call the Giants just because you know someone is going to score an upset.

Giants 20

Cowboys 17

:shock:
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Bwahaha!

Romo = Choko.

Friggin' AWESOME. :lol:
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RevLimiter wrote:The Crackwagon is GOING DOWN.

Face it CrackwagonFan, they have looked like SHIT since beating the Packers 5 weeks ago. The Lions had their asses WHIPPED (until the Lions remembered that they were indeed The Lions in the 4th quarter), the Eagles straight up took them to the woodshed (AT Texas Stadium, no less), they BARELY got out of Carolina with a W, and even with Romo playing the 1st half they shit the bed against an emotional and hungrier Redskin bunch.

Giants- 27
'Boys- 20
:bode:
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Major props to the Giants.

Who'd have thought that:
1. The Manning heading to a conference championship game would have been freaking ELI?
2. The QB to make the final stupid INT throw would have been Romo?

I still can't believe that as banged-up as the Giants defense was that they somehow pulled it off.

I loved the look on Jerry Jones's face.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I can't believe that the Cowboys were converting 3rd downs like they were. Props to the G-men for sacking up and playing some tough D and finally getting to Romo. Off to Green Bay......
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:I loved the look on Jerry Jones's face.
RACK and 2nd! Fuckin douchebag!!
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Is anybody watching T.O. crying like a little bitch on ESPN right now? Are you fucking kidding me????
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I laughed at TO crying but felt somewhat bad about laughing at him.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

The Jessica Simpson curse strikes again. :)
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

TenTallBen wrote:
Mike the Lab Rat wrote:I loved the look on Jerry Jones's face.
RACK and 2nd! Fuckin douchebag!!
he's easily the most dispicable fuckface in professional sports.