Wow.....Petrino to Arkansas????

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Wow.....Petrino to Arkansas????

Post by T REX »

Does the SEC have the most talented group of coaches or what?

And before any of you go off on that SEC bullshit....come up with a better group....

You can't.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Your obsession to bait people into anti-SECisms has completely swallowed your actual interest in college football.

In short, go fuck yourself.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Your obsession to bait people into anti-SECisms has completely swallowed your actual interest in college football.

Actually asshole I was preempting any anti-SEC BS....sorry to have ruined your post...asshole.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

You have an entire thread dedicated to SEC cack-sucking. Why so bent?

viewtopic.php?t=26290
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

smart move

like the dolphins, atlanta is fucked for a couple years +

Saban was smart to get out, the dolphins are fucked by the cap for another 2 years, and they have nothing.

Petrino realized coach killa and his team is pathetic, get out NOW. wearinga free Vick shirt. only the atlanta falcons and their band of retards could do it. in a game where u got blown the fuck out to boot!

arkansas will be a work for a couple years, he has nothing at QB. Dick is 2 nutts short of being worth a fuck. And Felix Jones doesnt have Mcfadden softening up the defense. Hes a very good back, but darius was the reason for his big games.

Solid hire for Arkansas
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Damn. I wanted Petrino to interview in AA.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Why is this guy such a great coach?

He had a few above average seasons in the BigEast? Woo hoo, Wandstat just beat the BigEast champs, maybe Atlanta should pick him up.

Did Petrino show any character when he lost his QB in Atlanta? As many games as Vick won with his legs, his inability to be continuously accurate cost them quite a few as well. Sure the situation was tough this year but the point is, Petrino doesn't appear to have done anything to inspire his team this year. From game one they have played with a "poor us" attitude. Great coaching there.

And then, after leaving Louisville less than a year ago, he cuts and runs from Atlanta. Now that is a class move. Atlanta, I know you gave me a five year contract but I only want to do about 16% of that. So I am out, I know we have three games left but I really can't wait to start recruiting in Arkansas. Did you know they have five 3-star prospects this year? Thats the most in the last century, we are really looking forward to the upcoming season.

Why would anyone would be excited about getting this guy as a coach?

Sure SECock lover, get all worked up about this one. I am. You have a retread at OleMiss, you have Tubberville getting a huge contract extension/raise for doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, Fulmer looks like he will continue to wallow in mediocrity, Saban is years away, Meyer had one great year with Zooks recruits, Miles is fucking off his rocker, Sly Croom...well do we really need to say anything about him, the OBC could be good, or he could continue to get schwacked in games that should have been cake-walks.

I am psyched.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Louisville fan has to be real pissed by this. With as bad a season as they had in 2007, it only looks to get worse in 2008 with what they are losing on offense and what they are bringing back on defense. Kragthorpe could be in real trouble with another bad year.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Sky wrote:Why is this guy such a great coach?

He had a few above average seasons in the BigEast? Woo hoo, Wandstat just beat the BigEast champs, maybe Atlanta should pick him up.

Did Petrino show any character when he lost his QB in Atlanta? As many games as Vick won with his legs, his inability to be continuously accurate cost them quite a few as well. Sure the situation was tough this year but the point is, Petrino doesn't appear to have done anything to inspire his team this year. From game one they have played with a "poor us" attitude. Great coaching there.

And then, after leaving Louisville less than a year ago, he cuts and runs from Atlanta. Now that is a class move. Atlanta, I know you gave me a five year contract but I only want to do about 16% of that. So I am out, I know we have three games left but I really can't wait to start recruiting in Arkansas. Did you know they have five 3-star prospects this year? Thats the most in the last century, we are really looking forward to the upcoming season.

Why would anyone would be excited about getting this guy as a coach?

Sure SECock lover, get all worked up about this one. I am. You have a retread at OleMiss, you have Tubberville getting a huge contract extension/raise for doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, Fulmer looks like he will continue to wallow in mediocrity, Saban is years away, Meyer had one great year with Zooks recruits, Miles is fucking off his rocker, Sly Croom...well do we really need to say anything about him, the OBC could be good, or he could continue to get schwacked in games that should have been cake-walks.

I am psyched.

Logic & facts vs. Trixey?

He'll take his SEC-bukake somewhere else....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

So another bad character HC in the SEC? Awesome. Anymore shady HC's you want to put into that Conference?

Saban
Nutt
Fat Phil
Urban
and now....Petrino

He'll be gone from there in 3 years, tops.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

T REX wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Your obsession to bait people into anti-SECisms has completely swallowed your actual interest in college football.

Actually asshole I was preempting any anti-SEC BS....sorry to have ruined your post...asshole.

Huh? You and Sam are generally the ones starting the SEC-arguments from what I've seen. Ya the rest of us do get into the "anti-SEC BS" some and have initiated some. But overall you have definitely instigated the conference-superiority smack.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Cicero wrote:So another bad character HC in the SEC? Awesome. Anymore shady HC's you want to put into that Conference?

Saban
Nutt
Fat Phil
Urban
and now....Petrino

Got to agree with that. His name was mentioned a few times in discussions on coaches that might be available to replace Callahan on sports talk radio here. Personally, I don't want a coach that's going to bolt at the drop of a hat when a better offer comes along or he quickly loses interest. Saban is another one that seems to have loyalty to one thing: money.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: Wow.....Petrino to Arkansas????

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

T REX wrote:Does the SEC have the most talented group of coaches or what?

And before any of you go off on that SEC bullshit....come up with a better group....

You can't.
I'm not a conference honk, but the Big East has a pretty good group as well.

Rodriguez -- WVU
Leavitt -- USF
Schiano -- Rutgers
Edsall -- UConn
Kelly -- Cincinnati (might not be there for much longer)
Kragthorpe -- Louisville (a rough first year at this job, but he did a good job at Tulsa).

Also, Petrino came from the Big East.

OTOH, the same group of coaches also includes Wannstedt and Robinson, so I guess you have to take the bad with the good.

Adel was spot on, btw. The Falcons are going nowhere fast, particularly without Vick. Best for Petrino to get out of that situation now, before he becomes damaged goods.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Wow, someone who doesn't even have the sack to tell his players he is walking out of them and spends ten seconds telling his assistant coaches he's leaving. That's a "great" coach, huh?

Fayetteville will be clamoring for Houston Nutt in no time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Now, that's how you take another coaching job...don't say anything. You hear me, Les?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Cicero wrote:So another bad character HC in the SEC? Awesome. Anymore shady HC's you want to put into that Conference?

Saban
Nutt
Fat Phil
Urban
and now....Petrino

I wouldn't put Houston Nutt on that list. The administration at Arkansas jerked him around for too long, so it shouldn't have been a surprise that he got fed up with everything.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Sky wrote: Meyer had one great year with Zooks recruits.
this is board bitch material all the way......if I was anyone else you would be slaughtered in here....

That's the dumbest thing I havbe ever heard.

Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

T REX wrote:this is board bitch material all the way......if I was anyone else you would be slaughtered in here....

Um, 20 of the 22 starters last year were Zooks recruits. Tebow is a man amongst boys but your D is questionable and you can't find a running back. Just realize one year of great success does not a legend make.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

T REX wrote:
Sky wrote: Meyer had one great year with Zooks recruits.
this is board bitch material all the way......if I was anyone else you would be slaughtered in here....

The same was said of Stoops, Tressell and others.

Meyer is entering uncharted waters in his career starting this year. We'll get to see how his teams operate filled with players he recruited. Could be better, could be worse.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian

Post by Killian »

Like Cicero said, I wouldn't count on him being at Arkansas for too long:

1983 Carroll Grad. asst.
1984 Weber St. Grad. asst.
1985-86 Carroll Off. coord./QB/WR
1987-88 Weber St. WR/TE coach
1989 Idaho QB coach
1990-91 Idaho Off. coord./QB
1992-93 Arizona St. QB coach
1994 Nevada Off. coord./QB
1995-97 Utah St. Off. coord./QB
1998 Louisville Off. coord./QB
1999-2000 Jacksonville (NFL) QB coach
2001 Jacksonville (NFL) Off. coord.
2002 Auburn Off. coord./QB
2003-2006 Louisville Head coach
2007 Atlanta (NFL) Head coach
2007 Arkansas Head coach

Add to that the fact that after the '03 season, he tried to back door Tubberville and take the Auburn job.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I agree Killian...most every coach that has won a National Title in year 2 or 3 is mostly playing with the former coaches recruits...don't know why Rex is having a hemmorage..

I mean Tressel's QB, WR, CB, and most of the defense were Cooper guys...i mean it happens...but why Meyer should be excused from being in that class of you won with some of the other coaches guys...that is absurd...

I mean Leak was a Zook guy, Wynn was a Zook guy what is the big deal?

There are some shady coaches in the SEC, but also great talent at the coaching level...I think the Big 10 has some nice young coaches in Bilema and Brewster will be good at Minny in a couple years...but the SEC has got some great coaches...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

My problem is anyone that thinks Meyer is a one year wonder is bitter as shit that we dogged the living hell out his bitch ass team.

And to make such a comment is stupid.

meyer has won everywhere. Hate on bitch.

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

not sure that is what SKY was going to...

we have been there...why so defensive all the time Rex...people take shots all the time at OSU and we have to put up with it...Sky wasn't saying Meyer is a one year wonder...geez...

Tressel has won everywhere, Stoops has won everywhere...etc...so don't think anyone is hating...

relax man...
Killian

Post by Killian »

T REX wrote:My problem is anyone that thinks Meyer is a one year wonder is bitter as shit that we dogged the living hell out his bitch ass team.

And to make such a comment is stupid.

meyer has won everywhere. Hate on bitch.
It's amazing how quickly you fly off the handle. Valid points have been made (Same thing was said about Stoops, Tressel, etc. and Meyer hasn't coached beyond his second year, except at Florida) and you respond like this? This is why you think people pick on you.

It's not a stupid comment. It remains to be seen how Meyer can do with a team made up of just his recruits because it hasn't been done yet. If he were at Utah or BGSU for a 5-6 year stint, we would have some data to form an opinion one way or the other.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

interesting this year when its Miles kids at LSU

he won off of Sabans great classes.

Now hes left with ryan pthenanerthen2llthenothenuthenanxortwo
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

T REX wrote: Actually asshole I was preempting any anti-SEC BS....sorry to have ruined your post...asshole.
And this is how you go about it?
Does the SEC have the most talented group of coaches or what?
Mr. President, Trix says we should pre-empt a Russian nuclear attack by dropping a hydrogen bomb first... on Atlanta.

Great strategery there, dumbfuck.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Does Petrino even take his stuff out of the moving boxes?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

PSUFAN wrote:Does Petrino even take his stuff out of the moving boxes?
he has one of these

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'd like to sit in on one of his job interviews...that would be pretty interesting.

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years, Bobby?"
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

PSUFAN wrote:"Where do you see yourself in 5 years, Bobby?"
Bobby: "You got a pen?"
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:
It's not a stupid comment. It remains to be seen how Meyer can do with a team made up of just his recruits because it hasn't been done yet. If he were at Utah or BGSU for a 5-6 year stint, we would have some data to form an opinion one way or the other.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.
He just won nine games with almost entirely his players. He has the highest winning percentage among active coaches behind Carroll....I think he'll do fine.

Here's the top 10:
1. Pete Carroll, USC, 65-12 (.844)
2. Urban Meyer, Florida, 61-12 (.836)
3. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma, 78-19 (.804)
4. Mark Richt, Georgia, 61-17 (.782)
5. Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee, 137-41 (.770)
6. Bobby Bowden, Florida State, 366-113-4 (.762)
7. Lloyd Carr, Michigan, 113-36-0 (.758)
8. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina, 157-50-2 (.756)
9. Joe Paterno, Penn State, 363-121-3 (.748)
10. Paul Johnson, Navy, 99-35 (.739)

Four out of ten is not bad for the SEC. It's just so funny to watch the idiots in here try so hard to debunk the whole "the SEC if the greatest" over and over.......maybe you should just deal with it.

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22209155

Great fucking read............

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

T REX wrote:It's just so funny to watch the idiots in here try so hard to debunk the whole "the SEC if the greatest" over and over.......maybe you should just deal with it.
Oh, I think it gets dealt with fairly well.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Rex is that just Div 1 HC records because if so...Tressel has gone 74-15 which equates to about a .830 winning %...

wow...4 SEC coaches...great...Fulmer has been back sliding onto the hot seat for what 3-4 years now...Spurrier won most of those games at UF...

they are great coaches...but give it a rest already...Meyer is a great coach...he won 9 games with his players in year 3...Tressel won 11 games in year 3 and 8 in year 4 with his players...Meyer had a slight dropoff due to a young defense...same as many teams in the year 3 or 4...God the way people talk Meyer is the Tebow of coaches...

did you know Meyer invented the forward pass!
Meyer invented the Bear Defense FUCK BUDDY RYAN...

Meyer is a great coach...here is a stat for ya...

out of these coaches: Meyer, Stoops, Tressel, Zook, Miles...do you know where they all are from? Yep Ohio...plus you throw in Mike Stoops...nice lineage there wouldn't you say?
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

T REX wrote:

Trixmonkey your just like a babies diaper- you get shit on alot when you don't change.
it's like you wear a "kick me" sign around your neck. I do appreciate the entertainment.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

a quote from a College football fan on Petrino leaving for arkansas

And what's up with the SEC? Is there any dignity in that conference?

They all go running after 'saviour' coaches with their dresses pull up over their heads....and briefcases stuffed with cash.
People still don't understand the SEC and their fans, they want to win at ALL costs, they don't care what you did anywhere else, as long as you can get them an SEC title.

There is no credibility in the SEC, it is what it is, a football factory for college kids.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Nolesy wrote:
T REX wrote:

Trixmonkey your just like a babies diaper- you get shit on alot when you don't change.
it's like you wear a "kick me" sign around your neck. I do appreciate the entertainment.
Yeah....I borrowed the diapers from your head coach.

Killian

Post by Killian »

T REX wrote: He just won nine games with almost entirely his players.
Based on your last game, UF started 9 players recruited by Zook, 1 in the Zook/Meyer flex class, and 12 recruited by Meyer. That doesn't include special teams players or subs, so the numbers could move in either direction. No matter how you slice it, those are't "almost entirely his players".
T REX wrote:He has the highest winning percentage among active coaches behind Carroll....I think he'll do fine.

Here's the top 10:
1. Pete Carroll, USC, 65-12 (.844)
2. Urban Meyer, Florida, 61-12 (.836)
3. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma, 78-19 (.804)
4. Mark Richt, Georgia, 61-17 (.782)
5. Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee, 137-41 (.770)
6. Bobby Bowden, Florida State, 366-113-4 (.762)
7. Lloyd Carr, Michigan, 113-36-0 (.758)
8. Steve Spurrier, South Carolina, 157-50-2 (.756)
9. Joe Paterno, Penn State, 363-121-3 (.748)
10. Paul Johnson, Navy, 99-35 (.739)

Four out of ten is not bad for the SEC. It's just so funny to watch the idiots in here try so hard to debunk the whole "the SEC if the greatest" over and over.......maybe you should just deal with it.
Not a single person here is arguing that he is not a good coach. What some have suggested is a wait and see approach given that he has never coached a team fully comprised of his recruits at any of his stops. His recruit just won the Heisman, so I doubt that it will be an issue, but it could be an issue. Again, you not liking it doesn't make it not true.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^^^

too much logic...and I agree...no one is questioning Meyer but holy shit...the man love is fucking crazy...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

the reason trixie has ZERO credibility can be summed up in 2 threads.

1.this one

2.his non appearance in the one about Florida leading CFB in arrests.

The SEC way, "what i don't want to read and believe can't be true".