It's now official: Bo Pelini to be NU coach - PC at 4

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

It's now official: Bo Pelini to be NU coach - PC at 4

Post by At Large »

Big surprise, but it'll now be official.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

I thought he was the right choice 4 or 5 years ago. Not so sure about now.

I will have to hear him speak before I can analyse.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Any word if he'll coach LSU in the title game or will he immediately assume duties in Lincoln?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I don't know if he coaches them or not.

I wouldn't mind it. A championship ring would definitely impress recruits going down the home-stretch of recruiting and it would command respect from the current crew of rather soft players we have. Plus national-championships are rare opportunities, wouldn't tell anyone to pass on that chance.

Whether they want him to or not I don't know. He'll obviously have a lot on his plate. He is obviously the most qualified to be their DC in the big game but he will have distractions leading-up.

I've read that Miles has Tenuta lined-up to be the next DC. Dude is money and would be a help. But he couldn't run the show.

I had to bet yes or no I'd say yes but I wouldn't bet the house.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Danimal wrote:I've read that Miles has Tenuta lined-up to be the next DC. Dude is money and would be a help. But he couldn't run the show.

He was the guy Herbstreit thought he'd bring with him to Ann Arbor too... :lol:

If Herbstreit told me it was going to be sunny outside, I'd grab an umbrella.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

wasnt he the idiot who cussed the KSt coahces out for running the score up. looking like a total jackoff with his sideline antics?

that was Bo, right?
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

That was Bo, yes. I loved it because that a-hole had been asking for it for years. The situation was that we had pulled our offensive starters and were literally playing senior scrubs (it was senior day). Snyder kept his starters in and another TD was scored.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

The game was over, we'd lost. We were throwing-in senior walk-ons to get them reps on senior-day. Snyder left his starters in to get one more td in the final minutes of the game. No Bo shouldn't have been swearing at Snyder but that was still a dick-move on Snyder's part. Anyone who says it wasn't a dick move is an idiot. One question, if Ell Roberson got hurt on that last series and it cost KSU the 12-championship that year are folks going "those are the breaks" or are they wondering why the hell he was still in the game? You know damn well it would be the latter.

Wow, it didn't take you long to start piling on did it adel? You don't like the huskers, I know we are a bunch of rubes in Nebraska but I THINK WE GET IT. Go argue some more about whether some picture of tigers chasing a bird represents the Mizzou/KU game or what bowl Mizzou belongs in and leave this thread for those who have some insight on the new Neb-coach.

As far as this hire goes. There were definitely guys I ranked above Bo. I'd have preferred a proven HC like Kelly, Grobe, Johnson, or Mendenhall. But I feel better about it than I did BC, a guy whose last team quit on him. He has a hell of a defensive mind and can motivate. I was impressed with the way he got the team together after the Solich-firing and got a nice win in the Alamo. Whether he can put the right staff together, recruit, and play CEO only time will tell. Will he be Bob Stoops or Mike Stoops, somewhere in-between? Nobody knows. I can only hope for he best.

The weeks to come will be major, Bo has to put the pieces together. Much of being a successful HC is putting the right staff together and enabling them to do their jobs. I would think between all of Bo's experience and TO's ties we would be able to put a good group together.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

OUMO wrote:I thought he was the right choice 4 or 5 years ago. Not so sure about now.

I will have to hear him speak before I can analyse.
I had heard that he didn't really fit in at OU. I think he fit in better at LSU. It's obvious that he's loved by his players at LSU. They showered him with Gatorade after the game and presented him with the game ball yesterday.

The wrong coach never gels at the wrong place. The coaches that thrive are the ones that don't seem like an outsider or are trying to put up a false front of being someone they're not.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

CONGRATS to Nebraska!
this was the right call,period.
curious to see who OC will be.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Shoalzie wrote:
Danimal wrote:I've read that Miles has Tenuta lined-up to be the next DC. Dude is money and would be a help. But he couldn't run the show.

He was the guy Herbstreit thought he'd bring with him to Ann Arbor too... :lol:

If Herbstreit told me it was going to be sunny outside, I'd grab an umbrella.
Fuckin RACK!!! Herbie credibility......ZERO!!!
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

WolverineSteve wrote:Fuckin RACK!!! Herbie credibility......ZERO!!!
Yeah, he is quickly approaching the "Desmond Howard" realm of reporting credibility.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sky wrote:
Yeah, he is quickly approaching the "Desmond Howard" realm of reporting credibility.
Desmond was probably his "source". He is on the committee.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Thus far doesn't look like Bo is coaching in the bowl.

I kinda wish he would. It would be a great advertisement for him and Neb-football down the recruiting homstretch.

Ohio State wins with tough defense, an OK offense that doesn't screw-up, and playing field-position football. They may win the bowl but it won't likely be because the offense blows-up. LSU's D should be the healthiest it has been in a while. I like the chances of Bo coming out of that game looking money.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sky wrote:
college gameday, journalistic paradigm?
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Danimal wrote:Wow, it didn't take you long to start piling on did it adel? You don't like the huskers, I know we are a bunch of rubes in Nebraska but I THINK WE GET IT. Go argue some more about whether some picture of tigers chasing a bird represents the Mizzou/KU
Bitterness Adel be, ya see they still HAVEN'T won shit...it all went from penthouse to outhouse in 60 minutes of Sooner reality...my how we've felt that so many times! (Rack The Sooners!)
Misery beat Kansas and won the ummm...best of the retards award, The Big 12 North, yes with Callahan's cripples being a part of the farce. I'm glad that dipshit is gone as well as EVERYONE in Nebraska, something tells me Pinkel ain't to happy about it or anyone else in the Big 12.
OU beat them TWICE! Clue dude...you still got Pinkel and I'm glad we've got Pelini, he's as much as Bob Stoops as we could hope for...both from Youngstown Ohio and cut from the same cloth.
You saw what Venables and Stoops did that shocked the shit out of your all powerful offense...now there's a guy in the North with the same formula.
When Pinkel is running up big numbers on a Big 10 dinosaur like Cosgrove, a name that will be struck from all the writings and scrolls of NU lore, you gained a false hope of grandour.
Do that to Pelini and he'll call your ass out on the fifty.

It may take a couple years, but I bet Pelini doesn't think so. Get ready for reality, you had your chance and pissed it away Misery fan.

One more year of nose picker...and back to sucking. Gabbert can't move worth a shit FYI. Grats on him. Pocket passers don't win BCS championships. 'Specily when they're facing attacking bitch slapping defensives, not Cosgrove's rubber band weaklings.