Movie: Ladder 49

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

ElTaco
Networking Securely

Movie: Ladder 49

Post by ElTaco »

Being active in the fire/EMS system, I heard about this movie long before it came out. I had all the intention of going to see it in the theater, but managed to miss it. I think it came out right around the time that I was moving up to Nova.

I finally saw it last night and was not disappointed. The movie is about one person who is fighting for his life after being trapped in a burning building. As he is trapped, he remembers back to specific times in his career as a firefighter, from his first day at Station 49 to the present, however the story keeps jumping back and forth between his current situation and special moments in his career.
What sets this movie asside from every other fire scene I've ever seen is that they worked hard to portray the life style that these guys live. About the only thing missing is the training that goes on.
One thing they abuse a little is the whole idea of 'they run into a fire when others run away from it', something that has been said of fire fighters for a long time, and especially after 9/11. I've been involved since '96 and didn't hear too much about this idea until after 9/11 when the media made it a huge slogan.
I was impressed that all the actors went through a fire acadamy. Of course they looked a little out of place wearing brand new turnout gear.

I think its definately worth the time and money to see this movie.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

VERY good film. I liked it alot. Even Travolta did a good job,and I think he is a one trick pony.

Thing I liked about the film is you actually liked the characters. You believed them as firefighters.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro