"non lethal" bullets for cops...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

"non lethal" bullets for cops...

Post by smackaholic »

...a good idea?

There was a bit on it on fox news this morning about a police force going to them. Didn't pay enough attention to notice if it will be the only ammo they pack.

I have mixed feelings. It's good that when a cop fukks up and shoots the wrong guy, he doesn't end up dead. It also means that the cop can go to the "shoot the fukker" card a little quicker and with more confidence.

The downside is, some motherfukkers, quite honestly, need to be shot dead. Also, a bad guy is likely to be a bit more brazen if he knows that he will not end up dead. And it would seem to me that plastic bullets can be defeated pretty easily with normal clothing. I would think that a heavy leather jacket over a thick sweater would make you pretty much immune to them.

The bottom line is, bad guys need to know that they can get dead in their line of work. It's a good incentive to make some of them choose other vocations.

I think plastic bullets are a good tool for certain situations, but, the cops need to be packing lead as well.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

You can still blind someone with a stray bullet.

And how would you like to take a "non-lethal" projectile to the package?

Never mind that a direct hit to the temple makes just about any bullet lethal.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

When are they going to get the microwave Active Denial System?

I'd like to use that on my kids sometimes.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:You can still blind someone with a stray bullet.

And how would you like to take a "non-lethal" projectile to the package?

Never mind that a direct hit to the temple makes just about any bullet lethal.
Did you have a point?
Only that the phrase "non-lethal projectile" is a fucking oxymoron.

BTW: a "non-lethal" bullet can stop your heart dead if it hits you in the chest in the right spot and time.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: "non lethal" bullets for cops...

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:And it would seem to me that plastic bullets can be defeated pretty easily with normal clothing. I would think that a heavy leather jacket over a thick sweater would make you pretty much immune to them.

Beuller? Class? Anyone?

Sin,
Albert Einstein

Uhm... would this be in the same way a bulletproof vest protects a person from a .44 Mag round?

But take heart, smackoholic -- with the firm grasp of physics you have, I'm sure someone will be offering you a grant to "study" global warming in the near future.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Of course you're a moron, so I'll type this question slowly for your benefit. How would you compare the lethality of conventional ammunition to rubber bullets? Take your time. I'm here all day.
I see you went to the Indy Frisco school of logic. So I'll make it simple. Gradation of lethality is not the issue. The issue is whether or not it makes sense to call said projectiles "non-lethal" when they most certainly are lethal projectiles.

You know, grenades cause even more damage than bullets. Does that mean that lead bullets are "non-lethal"?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:Of course you're a moron, so I'll type this question slowly for your benefit. How would you compare the lethality of conventional ammunition to rubber bullets? Take your time. I'm here all day.
I see you went to the Indy Frisco school of logic. So I'll make it simple. Gradation of lethality is not the issue. The issue is whether or not it makes sense to call said projectiles "non-lethal" when they most certainly are lethal projectiles.

You know, grenades cause even more damage than bullets. Does that mean that lead bullets are "non-lethal"?
They are if you throw them.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:they most certainly are lethal projectiles.
Under astronomically unlikely circumstances they can be. None of this changes the fact that you are a handwringing dipshit.
So if I spray a crowd with plastic bullets and someone dies, I wouldn't be charged with depraved indifference to human life?

Sure. :meds:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I don't like the whole idea of non-lethal bullets.

If somebody needs to be killed, shoot the fuck

If he doesn't need to be killed, why the fuck would they want to shoot him?

Why the fuck would we, as a society, want somebody to be shot if he doesn't warrant being killed?

And I'm in favor of more bad guys getting shot- imo
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:So if I spray a crowd with plastic bullets and someone dies, I wouldn't be charged with depraved indifference to human life?

Sure. :meds:
Plenty of crowds have been sprayed with rubber bullets. Go ahead and link us up to all the deaths that resulted. What? You have no statistics and are just talking out your ass...again?
http://www.economist.com/world/europe/d ... id=8706508

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/violence/ ... bullet.htm

For starters...

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote:Plenty of crowds have been sprayed with rubber bullets. Go ahead and link us up to all the deaths that resulted. What? You have no statistics and are just talking out your ass...again?
Aren't you the panty wetting motherfucker who said tazers don't kill people? How'd that work out for you? I know idiocy is your legacy, but use your fucking brain for once.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

going for a fukking run CAN kill you. bfd. the fact remains that a tazer or rubber bullets are an effective way of inflicting enough pain on a mofo to make him tap out, almost allways 99.9+% of the time.

Taking a lead round to the body or dome is wayyyyyyyy more likely to make somebody dead.

Dins, yes there is body armor out there that will defeat lead, sometimes, but, it is more difficult to come across. Compare this to a leather jacket and sweater, something you could get at a goodwill store for about 10 bucks or maybe already have in your closet.

My point is that cops need to be feared by certain elements. Those elements need to know that if they step to the cops, there is a good chance they will end up on a slab.

Personally, I think that the huge majority of cases of fukkers getting whacked by the cops can be grouped in the class of "feel good story". This is one reason i'd like to see them continue to pack lead.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

mvscal wrote: I'm here all day.
Any credibility or dignity you may have sought with any earlier remarks was promptly cancelled by the one above.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:My goodness. 17 whole deaths with about 100,000 rounds fired.
So I guess we can finally dispense with the "non-lethal" bullshit. And I didn't even get into how many the IDF has killed with these "non-lethal" rounds.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

B, did you ride in a car today? they kill a fukkload more folks than rubber bulets do, even if you include evil jew bullets.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:B, did you ride in a car today? they kill a fukkload more folks than rubber bulets do, even if you include evil jew bullets.
Nope, I drove an SUV into work. I'm all about stopping power, be it with bullets or rigs.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

suv huh?

good hypocritical lib you are.

and i'd be a bit more concerned with rollover power. plenty of dead suv pilots out there who thought they'd be safer in their suv.....till they rolled it 8 times.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

BSmack wrote: how many the IDF has killed with these "non-lethal" rounds?
Not nearly enough, bro, not even close.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

The proper term to use is less lethal. Just about anything fired can turn lethal given the right circumstances.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Rack Fu wrote:The proper term to use is less lethal. Just about anything fired can turn lethal given the right circumstances.
Word

I had a crazy Girlfriend years ago that got really pissed when I told her to fuck off when she was bitching about me going to a Poker Game with some fliends. Crazy Bitch's Mom was into Ceramics and had the shit everywhere around their house. Bitch beaned me with a damned statue of a fucking Cat on the way out the door. Had she gone with a fastball instead of the less lethal curve?

I would probably be dead. It's all about circumstances.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

not long after we got married, the OL lobbed a pewter beer mug at my dome. It was definite pure heat, maybe a hard slider. Definitely nothing off speed. fortunately for me her location was a bit off that night.
Stevo
The Crew

Post by Stevo »

You dipshits need to get your hos in check.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

the next time you have a ho to check will be the first, punk.