Michigan at Wisconsin

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Michigan at Wisconsin

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Purely by the power of my industrial strength myopia I predict a Badger victory at Camp Randall

Michigan 26
Wisconsin 31
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Michigan matches up well with Wisky. Straight forward rushing plays into UM's defense. Hart/Henne/Manningham can score on anyone.

Michigan has won it's last ten OSU tune ups.

Henne's been pointing to this one because of the last minute loss @ Madison two years ago.

UM-27
Wisky-17
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I don't have a good feeling about this game. Badgers will not even cover on this one.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Goober McTuber wrote:I don't have a good feeling about this game. Badgers will not even cover on this one.
The badger won't cover if they can't protect their QB (10 sacks last week) and Bilemia better get his head out of his ass.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Sky

Post by Sky »

88 wrote:Both teams are soft and slow, schedule weak out of conference opponents and play in a weak conference. They would get butcher raped by Vanderbilt. Just sayin.

--SEC Honk
Didn't see this coming did ya? Even Ole Miss @ Miss St is better than this Big10 crap. The SEC is sooooo good.
Sudden Sam wrote:yawn

:wink:
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

michigan is playing ohio state next week.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

M Club wrote:michigan is playing ohio state next week.
Yeah, pretty much. There is a game Saturday?
Those who stay will be champions.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i'm more interested in the osu/ill game, make sure those whores come into the game undefeated. this game will be so much more valuable a victory than last year. we were 1 and 2 then, but everyone knows what would've happened to michigan had they played florida. osu has a real shot this year, so fuck them.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

17-0

Good thing MichiganFan doesn't care about this game.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Why isn't Henne out there?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Henne out, Hart out. Mallet looking every bit the frosh. Defense being run over for the second week in a row.

Way to take a bye week before "The Game".

This sucks.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Sky

Post by Sky »

WolverineSteve wrote:Henne out, Hart out. Mallet looking every bit the frosh. Defense being run over for the second week in a row.

This sucks.
I would like to clarify a few things, or more specifically ask for clarification.

Why are both Hart and Henne out? Especially after being down 13 at half? Is Carr that concerned about tOSU or are they really hurt? I didn't turn it on till after Henne went out, did he get hit?

Why is next weekend's game for the Big 10 title and not this game. All game long the announcers have been talking about how Michigan will play for the title next week regardless of what happens in this game? Do they mean a chance to share the title (i.e. if they lose this game)?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

OSU beats the Illini
Wisconsin beats UM
OSU beats UM

Meaning OSU will have ended the season beating two team seach with four losses.

That SOS is going to be mid 60's, 50's.......

No way they deserve a title shot and no one in here can convince me otherwise. It's a travesty.

And they'll have off another 50 days to think about the ass beating that's on the way.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sky wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:Henne out, Hart out. Mallet looking every bit the frosh. Defense being run over for the second week in a row.

This sucks.
I would like to clarify a few things, or more specifically ask for clarification.

Why are both Hart and Henne out? Especially after being down 13 at half? Is Carr that concerned about tOSU or are they really hurt? I didn't turn it on till after Henne went out, did he get hit?

Why is next weekend's game for the Big 10 title and not this game. All game long the announcers have been talking about how Michigan will play for the title next week regardless of what happens in this game? Do they mean a chance to share the title (i.e. if they lose this game)?
Hart never got in the game. We all know that high ankle sprains linger, it was going to be a game time decision all along, my guess is he couldn't do enough to be effective.

Henne started. His shoulder seperation will still be there next week. He was able to throw effectively last week, but looked bad especially on his last throw (int). He's been saying that the shoulder "clicks" on each throw, and that the shoulder pops in and out. He tried to go but couldn't. I don't think it was about saving him for OSU, but rathe Mallet gave them the best chance here...based on previous performances not todays putrid effort.

As for the conf. title...you and I know that in a tie head to head wins out. It's always been that way.

I hope that clears some things up. Good luck tonight. See you guys next week.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm hoping upon hope that Henne and Hart can go for next week with the conference title still on the line and bragging rights as well. I'm dreading a blowout next week if Henne can't go.

You didn't want to look at this Wisconsin game as a throwaway but they sure seemed to treat it that way. Had they somehow made the comeback and won, it was a game they didn't deserve because of how the first three quarters went. Mallett will probably be a solid QB in time but right now, he's all over the place with his arm. His lack of accuracy today reminded me of watching Hoyer pitch the ball all over the place last week for State.

I give them a little credit for hanging in but Wisconsin deserved this game and clearly wanted it more. I thought Lloyd was a little arrogant with not going to for two on either of his TDs and keeping this as a winnable game. With his take on not going for two tells me he just wanted to get out of Mad-town in one piece for next week when a win or loss didn't effect his chances at winning the Big Ten.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Any day State wins and Michigan loses is a good day.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Any day State wins and Michigan loses is a good day.

Your guys responded well to that tough loss. Didn't get to see any of it but your offense appears to be no worse for wear. That was probably an angry team that was hellbent on beating whoever was in front of them. Congrats on becoming bowl eligible...I hear Detroit is lovely in mid-December. ;)
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Great conference guys....

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The Big Ten can do nothing right on some people's eyes. If lesser teams rise up and beat the big dogs, the conference is weak. If Michigan and Ohio St do nothing but dominate, the conference is called unbalanced. If there is no particularly dominant team, but lots of good teams, then the conference sucks.

You just can't win against that line of reasoning.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Damn! I got the score wrong.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The Big Ten can do nothing right on some people's eyes. If lesser teams rise up and beat the big dogs, the conference is weak. If Michigan and Ohio St do nothing but dominate, the conference is called unbalanced. If there is no particularly dominant team, but lots of good teams, then the conference sucks.

You just can't win against that line of reasoning.
Whoa.....let me get this straight...are you incinuating that the Big Ten is strong this year?

No way Kansas should play OSU for the title. They need more emphasis on SOS. Otherwise, teams will schedule I-AA team, Akron, and Kent as OOC teams combined with a weak conference....auto title bid......the big ten sucked last year overall and again this year. And we are powerless to stop it.

Oregon or LSU would beat OSU by 14 pts.

I remember FSU getting all those title shots since they were in that crappy version of the ACC....at least they played UF/Miami every year OOC.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Every conference is strong, dipshit.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

T REX wrote:Great conference guys....

There are no great conferences this year...just a lot of parity and balance. Some conferences have better or more mediocre teams than others...ie--the SEC. The only thing I'd really concern myself with at this point in the season is those who are still alive in the title chase. Michigan-Wisconsin has no impact on the title game...Ohio State-Illinois does.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Shoalzie wrote:
T REX wrote:Great conference guys....

There are no great conferences this year...just a lot of parity and balance. Some conferences have better or more mediocre teams than others...ie--the SEC. The only thing I'd really concern myself with at this point in the season is those who are still alive in the title chase. Michigan-Wisconsin has no impact on the title game...Ohio State-Illinois does.
The Pac 10 and SEC stand above the rest with the Big 12 right behind.

You Big Ten honks won't like it....but your conference is the bottom this year. Yes, the bottom. No way a title reppresentative should come from the Big Ten this year.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

T REX wrote:The Pac 10 and SEC stand above the rest with the Big 12 right behind.

You Big Ten honks won't like it....but your conference is the bottom this year. Yes, the bottom. No way a title reppresentative should come from the Big Ten this year.

This is how I'd look at the 6 major conferences...

1. SEC--One very good team (LSU) followed by a huge mass of good to average teams that have beaten up on each other with one brutal team (Mississippi). They're balanced but only have one team I'd consider elite.

t-2. Pac-10--One excellent team (Oregon), followed by a soft one-loss team (Arizona State), followed by a hard luck USC team that could've been a contender had Booty stayed healthy, followed by two decent teams (UCLA and Cal), followed by 5 weak to bad teams. A top heavy conference with several weak teams at the bottom.

t-2. Big XII--Three very good teams right now (Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri), followed by an overrated Texas team that should have more than 2 losses, followed by a couple of average teams out of the state of Texas and then followed by three very average to bad teams and then followed by two of the worst teams in America (Iowa State and Baylor). The conference with the most quality teams at the top but has a similar makeup as the Pac-10 when you get past the top 3.

4. Big Ten--Had a title contender up until today with Ohio State, followed by four teams with 8-3 records, followed by four average to below average teams that don't have any quality wins to speak of, followed by arguably the worst team in the BCS conferences in Minnesota. This conference has balance among it's top 5 teams and next 5 teams but probably don't have a team that is considered elite now that Ohio State has lost.

5. Big East--One good team that has underachieved but still is a top 10 (West Virginia), followed by a couple of overachieving teams with impressive records only because of their schedule (Connecticut, Cincinnati), followed by South Florida that has fallen back to earth but has a couple of quality wins to their credit, followed by two teams that were expected to be much better but have turned out to be average at best (Louisville, Rutgers), followed by a very average Pittsburgh team and then a bad Syracuse team. They have balance but only one team would I consider a legit top 10 team.

6. ACC--Similar make up to the Big East but they don't have a team on the level of West Virginia. Boston College, Clemson, Virginia Tech and Virginia are solid top 20 teams but have their flaws. Wake, FSU, Miami and Georgia Tech are decent teams but have had a couple of really bad losses this year. Maryland, UNC and NC State are the typical .500 teams and Duke is Duke. The ACC is pretty much the Big East without a true top 10 team.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

T REX wrote:The Pac 10 and SEC stand above the rest with the Big 12 right behind.

i've always thought the trex pile on's were a bit too pavlonian [1. trex posts "hi everyone, i hope you're having a lovely day. 2. 17 ppl respond with, "hey board bitch, the sec sucks"], but seriously, you're a fucking douche. wow. there aren't 11 nfl teams in the big ten: obviously they suck. so does the sec. and the pac ten. the pac ten's the best conference in the country? probably, but take a walk through the conference standings:

oregon - really fucking good

arizona state - stole some mirrors from the fun house as the circus passed through town and bought a carton of cigarettes so they'd have the complementary smoke

usc - stanford? at home?

ucla - uhh....

oregon state - we're positively sec by now

cal - they'd be 5-5 if they didn't manhandle the team with the inside track for the sec east

and the big 12's right behind?

kansas - they played one team who was ranked at kickoff: kansas state. ok.

oklahoma - they're good.

mizzou - pretty shite schedule, but they've made up for it by winning every game by 243 points.

texas - would be 0-14 if they played in the sec

fuck, two divisions, who do i put next, texas tech or okie state? at least okie state isn't below .500 in conference play.

and the sec, which drafts from a pool of nfl players. vanderbilt might give tom brady a partial scholarship, but only if he throws 70 td's this season. i'm pretty sure tennesse controls their destiny in the east and mississippi state is in second place in the west. every team in the sec would win the super bowl if they could actually win two conference games in a row.

yeah, the big ten is absolute shite compared to the rest of college football. wanker.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

The Big ten sucks this year.....you had two teams lose to D-IAA, if I'm not mistaken. ANother lost to Duke.....nevermind.....

Big Ten homer just come to grpis with it. Bad conference this year. Big, fat, and slow conference.

Your commish must be typing away right now......

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

T REX wrote:The Big ten sucks this year.....you had two teams lose to D-IAA, if I'm not mistaken. ANother lost to Duke.....nevermind.....

So you're mentioning only three teams out of an 11 team conference and I acknowledge that Minnesota is arguably worst BCS team this year. 10 of the 11 have 6 wins now, which make them bowl eligible...to be honest, I can care less about but for the sake argument, they have as many teams with 6 wins as the SEC.

Let me do the same thing I did with SEC yesterday...here is the entire Big Ten's non-conference BCS games this year (I'll be fair and not throw out the Notre Dame games, which they are 4-0)

W Ohio State 33, Washington 14
L Oregon 39, Michigan 7
L Missouri 40, Illinois 34
W Illinois 41, Syracuse 20
W Wisconsin 42, Washington State 21
W Iowa 35, Syracuse 0
L Iowa State 15, Iowa 13
L Duke 20, Northwestern 14
W Michigan State 17, Pittsburgh 13

5-4 record against non-conference BCS teams...9-4 if you want to include Notre Dame. However, none of their 5/9 wins have come against bowl eligible teams and two losses against current top 5 teams (Oregon and Missouri). Not an impressive resume but I wasn't arguing the Big Ten was the best...just saying they aren't the worst.

In these crossover games, rarely do we see the best teams in each conference play each other during the season. I guess you can consider the Michigan-Oregon and Illinois-Missouri has significant crossover games this year and the Big Ten didn't win either of them. I would've liked to see Ohio State have a tougher OOC slate to prove how good they are outside of the Big Ten. The only thing I can say about the Big Ten is they are average at best, which to me doesn't necessarily make them worst automatically.

I already called your conference the best, so what do you want?