Hope Y'all don't mind

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Hope Y'all don't mind

Post by Mister Bushice »

I ripped this from THE axe forum where I posted it before. I'd like to get some input from any musicians posting here:

The Genz Benz El DIablo 100

Went and tested it out today. Played it thru a G-flex 212 cab (a nice compact 2 speaker cab with these cool inset handles on the top edge, making it easy to move around).

I have to admit this sucker has a lot of power and flexibility. On the global attack end of the panel I had the gain turned up to only 5 and the store windows and every snare drum in the place was rattling and I was attracting attention not all of it happy with the ear drum assault. This Amp definitely has enough power on the high end, and the lead channel has a nice sharp bite to it, with plenty of distortion and again a lot of flexibility. The clean channel was also very versatile, with a nice warm low end all the way up to a crisp high end when you boost the gain.

I thought the reverb was only ok. You have to really boost it on the clean channel to get anything of substance out of it. The foot pedal is the bomb. Once you get your settings down, it is a breeze to step between 3 distinct settings. Very nice. They gave me a price of $ 1650 plus tax for the head and cab combo. It is a perfect size for anything I'd do, since it can get distortion at fairly low volumes yet still bleed eardrums at the turn of a dial.

I used this schecter guitar off the rack that I did not like, but I'm going back in a few days with my own guitar. After that it will be on to the following amps:

The Marshall TSL100.
The Mesa Dual Recto
The Peavey JSX

I am on a mission.

BIG Racks to Van for his input from the following thread, about 6 posts up from the bottom. It was a great place for me to start. I hope to have a purchase in a month or so. I'll keep y'all updated.

http://www.thetrolls.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0