Rankings as I see 'em tonight

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Yeah yeah, didn't you already post this somewhere else?

Its really quite funny to see all you 1-loss fans join together with the "quality wins mean more than perfect records" rhetoric when, if you were in tOSU's shoes you would be on the other side of the fence.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Sky=bitch

OSU fans....please police your own unless you are going to try to say that by playing Kent St and Youngstown St, and Ohio, and no one else you actually belong in the title game....see Utah and Boise St
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Sky

Post by Sky »

Sudden Sam wrote:No I wouldn't. If LSU had played a schedule as weak as Ohio State's, I could understand a 1-loss (to a good team)
Did you guys see it ^^^^^

Thats the point, who you guys supporting with that resume besides Oregon?
Sky

Post by Sky »

Sudden Sam wrote: Play Florida, Kentucky, Auburn and Alabama in a row and get back to me.
Ohhhh, but they are all soooooo good, I'm so afraid.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Right now Michigan is once again proving to be the nemesis for tO$U. Losing to a D2 team and then getting butt fucked in the mouth by Oregon before rolling through the Big 10. Not exactly helping the SOS case for the Buckeyes.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sky wrote: Its really quite funny to see all you 1-loss fans join together with the "quality wins mean more than perfect records" rhetoric when, if you were in tOSU's shoes you would be on the other side of the fence.
Someone's being a bit defensive here, why is that?

Probably because you realize that a team like Kansas would drop a big fat cock in your ass.

Props for knowing your place.
Sky

Post by Sky »

War Wagon wrote:Someone's being a bit defensive here, why is that?

Probably because you realize that a team like Kansas would drop a big fat cock in your ass.

Props for knowing your place.
WTF, a Pinkel supporter touting UK? Thats like Auburn pulling for Alabama tonight.

And don't get so high and mighty when you finally get around to having a decent season and you are still only the third best team in your conference (and one of the one-loss lets bash those who actually win all their games bandwagon members).
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sky wrote: WTF, a Pinkel supporter touting UK?
Who is this "UK" you're referring to?
And don't get so high and mighty when you finally get around to having a decent season and you are still only the third best team in your conference (and one of the one-loss lets bash those who actually win all their games bandwagon members).
3rd best? That remains to be seen, but just so you know, Mizzou would break an even bigger fat cock off in tOSU's ass.
Sky

Post by Sky »

War Wagon wrote: Who is this "UK" you're referring to?

3rd best? That remains to be seen, but just so you know, Mizzou would break an even bigger fat cock off in tOSU's ass.
KU, sorry.

3rd best till you prove differently. Pinkel hasn't done shit during his tenure outside of wasting talent. Course fat-fuck hasn't done a lot yet either so you might be able to bruise them.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sky wrote: 3rd best till you prove differently. Pinkel hasn't done shit during his tenure outside of wasting talent.
Props on mastering the effective use of the quote feature, Sky. Seems it's a lost (or never found) art that some use indiscriminately thus making them look like complete dumbasses.

I see that you are different.

Oh, and I'm going to recommend Pinkel for a raise and a contract extension during the next Tiger Club get together in KC.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

1 tOSU
2 Oregon
3 LSU
4 Oklahoma
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

War Wagon wrote:Mizzou would break an even bigger fat cock off in tOSU's ass.
why does every thing end up with your cock in our ass?
:?

keep ur faggot shit in the b12.

thanks
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Cicero wrote:1 tOSU
2 Oregon
3 LSU
4 Oklahoma
Just out of curiosity...on what basis.....please say undefeated.....please......

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

What's the rationale for rating OSU below other teams again?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^

because the SEC honks don't think tOSU is worth a shit based on one game 1/8/07

and the sudden once in a billion year MIZZOU resurgence has most of the MIZZOU fans in a twat twisting uproar...

just sayin...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:
because the SEC honks don't think tOSU is worth a shit based on one game 1/8/07\

Either that, or ther junior-varsity schedule.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^^^^

sorry forgot that one

although there is not much tOSU can do about their conference schedule now can they?
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Sky wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:No I wouldn't. If LSU had played a schedule as weak as Ohio State's, I could understand a 1-loss (to a good team)
Did you guys see it ^^^^^

Play Florida, Kentucky, Auburn and Alabama in a row and get back to me.

Florida 3 loses, Kentucky 3 loses, Auburn 3 loses, and Alabama 3 loses......Yep, ya'll play in a meatgrinder................
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

forgot my top ten....

1. Ohio State
2. who gives a rats ass.....
3. same as above
4. you get what I'm tryin' to say
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:^^^^^^^^^

sorry forgot that one

although there is not much tOSU can do about their conference schedule now can they?
How about that NON-CONFERENCE powerhouse schedule....KENT State or is it just Kent now? Akron? I-AA team? I think Auburn went undefeated and was crucifed for playing a I-AA team....cost them a shot at the title.

Remember?

OSU should NOT get a chance to get blown out.

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Snake wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
Sky wrote: Did you guys see it ^^^^^

Play Florida, Kentucky, Auburn and Alabama in a row and get back to me.

Florida 3 loses, Kentucky 3 loses, Auburn 3 loses, and Alabama 3 loses......Yep, ya'll play in a meatgrinder................
Poll anybody in here.....and see who's conference schedule is deemed more difficult. The SEC is a meatgrinder. SHall we pull your joke of a schedule out and compare?

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

and Auburn should have been given a chance that year as well?

Also your SEC bretheren likes to schedule MAC teams like Kent (sup Kentucky), Miami of Ohio (sup Vandy), etc so don't act like the SEC (sup, UF, LSU, etc) never play a 1-AA team...

again remember how everyone points to "These schedules are made years in advance card?" Well our Washington game was signed back in 2000 ish time frame, what did you expect Gene Smith to dial up Foley and say hey why don't you UF boys come north to the Shoe...then Foley went to Google earth and found out that Ohio is slightly northwest of FLA and said nope can't do it, it is more than 300 miles away from our comfort zone...good lord man...

this argument is getting old...nice to see you moved on from your Big 12 is overrated rants and melts to bad mouthing tOSU...Big 12 fan take your #1 ass clown nemisis back...
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

buckeye_in_sc wrote: this argument is getting old...nice to see you moved on from your Big 12 is overrated rants and melts to bad mouthing tOSU...Big 12 fan take your #1 ass clown nemisis back...
We don't want her. Keep her. We have enough with Wags.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

guess I'll rack that
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Guess I'll rack what....

osu=overrated

Also, we all KNOW I was proven RIGHT on more than once. There is no denying that.

Up next....osu.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Believe the Heupel wrote:1-Oregon
2-tOSU
3-tie LSU and Oklahoma.

I can live with that since you have Oregon and Ohio State ahead of LSU. I'd still put Ohio State #1 though. The 3-pack of Big XII teams are interchangeable for the most part and more than likely, a one-loss team will emerge out of that group and lay claim to a title game berth. The interesting thing would seeing Kansas win out which would include having to go through Missouri and Oklahoma. Shouldn't they get as much consideration for the title game as anyone after that?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Shoalzie wrote:The interesting thing would seeing Kansas win out which would include having to go through Missouri and Oklahoma. Shouldn't they get as much consideration for the title game as anyone after that?
Yes, they should... except that they'll be lucky to get past Okie State next week, much less to beat Mizzou.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

well Kansas isn't getting jumped on to the level of tOSU though
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I watched OSU play a few times this year. They have improved over the coarse of the season. They have the best overall talent in CFB, IMO - and one of the most cohesive, flexible, adaptive staffs in the land. I must aver from comparative analysis with a team like KU...but I can definitely understand that it's possible they are up there in those regards as well.

I think OSU will be mightily tested against UM, and in their bowl. The path is pretty clear for them, though, IMO.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

1. Ohio State
2. Oregon
3. Oklahoma
4. LSU
5.-118. doesnt really matter
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

KU is getting the same treatment ASU was getting. Had ASU beat Oregon on Saturday, they'd be considered more of a contender because that was their toughest game they've played all year. With Kansas, they could easily go to 11-0 and not have to beat a single team with more than 6 wins. Up to this point, they don't have a resume comparable to OSU, LSU or Oregon. Their two toughest games this season will be their last two...Missouri and Oklahoma on neutral fields. If they survive those two, I put them in the discussion for the title game. Right now, I'd keep them at #4 or #5 right now.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

PSUFAN wrote: They have the best overall talent in CFB, IMO
Huh?

Most talented?

Wow.....I gotta disagree there......hell....USC has more pure talent than anyone.....LSU right there as well.....gotta ask where this statment came from.....

Here we are again......conference homers(me included) at it again.....

It's coming....

Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Believe the Heupel wrote:That's because nobody's ranking KU #1 or #2. I'm curious why the Buckeye defenders aren't clamoring for a higher ranking for KU if they're going to defend tOSU's ranking.
I pointed this out in the "bash tO$U" thread. If someone wants to rank the Buckeyes #1 then there is no way they can possibly not rank the Jayhawks #2. The only claim tO$U has to the top spot right now is the 0 in the loss column and KU has that same claim.

I'll say again that what Michigan is doing in conference really hurts the Buckeyes from a perception standpoint. UM loses to a D2 squad and then gets butt fucked in the mouth by Oregon at home, yet once B10 play rolls around they're undefeated and will host the de-facto conference championship game.

Ohio State is getting better as the season progresses but had they played in the SEC or Pac-10 I'm skeptical they'd still be carrying that goose egg.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Shine wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:That's because nobody's ranking KU #1 or #2. I'm curious why the Buckeye defenders aren't clamoring for a higher ranking for KU if they're going to defend tOSU's ranking.
I pointed this out in the "bash tO$U" thread. If someone wants to rank the Buckeyes #1 then there is no way they can possibly not rank the Jayhawks #2. The only claim tO$U has to the top spot right now is the 0 in the loss column and KU has that same claim.

I'll say again that what Michigan is doing in conference really hurts the Buckeyes from a perception standpoint. UM loses to a D2 squad and then gets butt fucked in the mouth by Oregon at home, yet once B10 play rolls around they're undefeated and will host the de-facto conference championship game.

Ohio State is getting better as the season progresses but had they played in the SEC or Pac-10 I'm skeptical they'd still be carrying that goose egg.
Great points....OSYU fan shoul be screaming....KU from teh top of their lungs.....ain't happenin.....ISU is number one because of its name only. No quality wins......

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

USC doesnt have any linemen, they had 8 or 9 at the start of the year and 4 or so have been injured all season.

the last 3 recruiting classes, USC has brought in a total of 5 O linemen, how do the guys who rank recruiting classes miss that?
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Shine wrote:

Some good points here except......

The App St. loss was a fluke, anyone here believe that the better team won? On that horrible day AppSt. deserved to win and did.UM stumbled like no other team has ever, but UM talent is in the first tier of CFB. Oregon is a great team this year. They pounded a wounded UM squad like few have ever in the history of the bighouse...major props. But dumbasses....OSU and UM are the class of the B10. To hyperbolize differently is misguided. If OSU loses, call them what you want. If they run the table....they're going to the big game. Say what you will, running the table in a top conference will pretty much take you to the MNC game. What happens there happens. But nobody needs to apologize for getting into the game. When they have a Best 3-loss team MNC I'm sure Florida will get an invite.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

T REX wrote:Great points....OSYU fan shoul be screaming....KU from teh top of their lungs.....ain't happenin.....ISU is number one because of its name only. No quality wins......
Huh?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

RadioFan wrote:
T REX wrote:Great points....OSYU fan shoul be screaming....KU from teh top of their lungs.....ain't happenin.....ISU is number one because of its name only. No quality wins......
Huh?
Hey shitbag....the I is next to the O.....OSU....

Are you fucking kidding me?

Another spell checker? While I'm not Shaz.....I can spell fine....I just can't type.....too fucking funny....

Some of you should venture outside these walls.....many things have changed.....

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jsc810 wrote:should be in the national championship game... next is Louisiana Tech.

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

"Louisiana Tech" alone should provide enough rationale to keep them out.

Time to send a message to SEC ADs.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

WolverineSteve wrote:But dumbasses....OSU and UM are the class of the B10. To hyperbolize differently is misguided.
Kinda my point. When the class of your league got beat by a D2 team (fluke or not it happened) and destroyed on their home field by a top team it doesn't exactly generate a positive picture of the other class of the league team.

In the broken system CFB has it is clear that an undefeated tO$U team will play in the MNC game, I don't think anyone is arguing that. My point, which others may share, is that an undefeated tO$U team in all liklihood isn't one of the two best teams in the nation. For me and many others 11-1 against better comp > 12-0 against inferior comp.