Liberal Media Conspirator

USF-Rutgers

Post by RadioFan »

Setting up to be a hell of a finish.

USF - 27
Rut - 30

USF ball, about 4 mins left.

I predict 4 OTs.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Another crack for the Bulls coming up...

Bad sack to take by Grothe
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

No kidding but good call though...he did use his hands to get seperation. That's too bad...4th and 37...looking grim for the Bulls.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Another top 5 team bites the dust...it's the theme of this season.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Thursday night road game strikes again.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BC @ Va Tech next Thursday...another epic tilt with title implications.
Last edited by Shoalzie on Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Justice.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Bottom line is we were outplayed and outcoached. I didn't think it would take a brain surgeon to figure out that Rutgers was blitzing at will and the middle of the field was open all night. Tough loss, but I am not too surprised by it.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

South Florida needs a running back.

The run beat the pass yet again.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I didn't think we'd run the table, but the thought of doing that was pretty nice. It was good for us to be in the "spotlight" for a few weeks and this should help us in recruiting. I don't know how some of you guys can be so even keeled when your teams are in the hunt for the national chamiponship game. The 5 days between our 2 games seemed to be an enternity.

One thing that certainly upset me last night was the penalty that came from the replay booth on the blocked field goal. This is a bad precedent that is being set when the replay booth has the power to call penalties. I think the first USF player that touched the ball might have been guilty of the illegal forward movement of the ball, but not the the second player, who was penalized. The replay was pretty clear in showing that the second player was shifting the ball from one hand to the other when the Rutgers defender hit his arm. Call it on the first player, but call it on the field.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MuchoBulls wrote:I don't know how some of you guys can be so even keeled when your teams are in the hunt for the national chamiponship game.

Welcome to The Club.

Fans here of every major conference team deal with it frequently. In August, your hopes are high that your team can make a bigtime run, and often rolls through the OOC schedule... then, at some point in the next few weeks, your heart gets torn from your chest, and no matter how many times you tell yourself that "we can overcome this loss and get to the Championship Game," deep down inside, you know you're freaking lying to yourself, but you live the lie until another CFB season is in the books.

It's the life we chose. Welcome to the "Big Time."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

:meds:
Go Bucs, Gators
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Arthritis kicking in, Buc? Dust off your damn keys and share a take.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Shoalzie wrote:Another top 5 team bites the dust...
<yawn>
it's the theme of this season.
Bingo. It's like it's not even that surprising anymore. I think I read in the AP story on this game that something like 10 or 11 Top 10 teams have been knocked off by unranked teams so far this season. The real shocker will be when the Top 5 or 10 actually manage to make it through a weekend unscathed.

It's funny. Normally I would've been pulling for Rutgers, but I actually found myself cheering for the #2 team in the country just because I know Mucho has been a longtime fan (relatively speaking, obviously) and a solid contributor to these boards.
"Keys, woman!"
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Coach "Master of the Obvious" has repeatedly said, "If yer gonna lose, lose early in the season."

I haven't seen tOSU or LSU play yet as the local markets are starting to show West Coast games in the last few years. Seeing this USF team reminds me of when Hawai'i got hot when the former Atlanta coaches took over. Same cockiness and seemed to be kick ass with a 6th year QB in Timmy Chang throwing for gazillions of yards. BTW, Timmy Chang didn't quite make it to the next level. USF displays that same attitude and when opponents take them seriously, they are going to wise up. People are wising up to Boise State as they did to Fresno State during the Dilfer years.

It's cool to see parody in CFB. My beef is that there should be NO preseason or any rankings until after the patsy games are over and maybe 5 or 6 games in. Start the rankings then and see what happens. That will happen when they decide to have at least an 8 team playoff for the NC.

Ain't gonna happen due to corporate America keepin' it real.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Atomic Punk wrote: It's cool to see parody in CFB.
I agree. I think Weird Al Yankovic will be immensely successful as Nebraska's new coach, assuming he can recruit the right players for his quadruple-option "Funnybone" offense.
"Keys, woman!"
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

There is even "parity" in CFB. Jeez...

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Atomic Punk wrote:I haven't seen LSU play yet as the local markets are starting to show West Coast games in the last few years.

That's odd -- I live on the West Coast, and I've seen about 3 LSU games this season.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Not one LSU game has been shown on any Michoacan or Oaxaca station here. Their head coach says they aren't that good but thanks for the love.

Ohio State hasn't received any love either. It's all PAC 10 and WAC, followed by a few Florida SEC and mucho Big 10 and Big 12 games.

BTW, do you get NFL SF, and Oakland games in the Portland market like I do down here? If you don't get those games pumped down your gullet then I guess you don't see LSU or THEE OSU games either on the college front either.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Atomic Punk wrote: BTW, do you get NFL SF, and Oakland games in the Portland market like I do down here?

Used to be the case, but over the last few years, it's been all Seahawks, all the time.

Gawd, I hate the Seahawks. And I hate that some programming dorks think I want to see them every week.

At least my Niners come to the U&L once a year now, though.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Dinsdale wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote: BTW, do you get NFL SF, and Oakland games in the Portland market like I do down here?

Used to be the case, but over the last few years, it's been all Seahawks, all the time.

Gawd, I hate the Seahawks. And I hate that some programming dorks think I want to see them every week.

If you'd get the fucking League Pass, you could watch some other team for a change, cheapskate
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

schiano just buying his time till the PSU job is open
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Dinsdale wrote:

I'm watching my first LSU game right now. Me being a Oregon and Cal homer this year... I'll say this is the best CFB team I've seen all year so far. hahahaha They look okay, but whatever. More reason to have a playoff for the NC.

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Adelpiero wrote:schiano just buying his time till the PSU job is open
I've been saying that for years!!!!!!
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

An example of the PSU homer board mindset:

"Schiano 'ran up the score' against 1-AA Norfolk State - 59-0!! We don't need that kind of coach!!"

Meanwhile, PSU "just slipped by" Florida International by...you guessed it, a much more modest total of 59-0.

But then, it isn't the place of PSU Kool-Aid drinker to craft realistic takes about the coaching succession. A good homer assumes that Paterno is immortal.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.