Anybody want to play?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheChief
Elwood

Anybody want to play?

Post by TheChief »

Some good examples of SEC teams and also some "top" programs being pussies. I use the word "top" very loosely. I would like to know who the SEC teams were that were contacted...

The Gator Bowl Association (Jacksonville) is still working hard to get Florida State in a 12th game in 2008. They were trying to get one of two Big East teams to play in it - West Virginia and Rutgers - but both refused. They didn't want any part of FSU. They were also in discussions with three big time SEC programs (not UF) and none of the three wanted to play in it either - I don't know which teams.

They were also working on Notre Dame but that won't happen either mostly because there is a conflict.

The one opponent I've heard about that is still on the table is Navy. There is a Naval Base in Jacksonville so they would really like to get them for a game in Jax.

There is still a decent chance a game in Jacksonville will happen in 2008 but the fact that Dave Hart, who was very involved with this, is leaving might hurt the chances a bit. If Jacksonville doesn't happen, Tampa and Orlando are also possibilities.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Link?
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jsc810 wrote:I'd be delighted to see LSU beat FSU in Baton Rouge and in Jacksonville.

I wouldn't.

Sin,
The LSU AD

JSC, you're killing me over here. Wouldn't that mean that LSU would be playing an OOC game against a historically decent opponent... on the road? Yeah, that'll happen. I mean, I suppose there's an outside shot, since it is in the southeastern corner of the country... if it was a D1AA, I'm sure LSU would be all over it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Jsc810 wrote:I'd be delighted to see LSU beat FSU in Baton Rouge and in Jacksonville.
Well, I would be delighted to see FSU beat LSU in Tallahassee and in Jacksonville.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

T REX wrote:Link?
Link is a pay site...I don't link from there because some people have gotten kicked off for linking info from there...

It's on Warchant...if you have a rivals membership you can probably read it...it's on the front page.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote:Link?
A link?

a gate fan requesting a link from a seminole about scheduling.

FSU has always played anyone anywhere. Yet the SEC has always avoided FSU like the plague.

It should be common knowledge trixie.

Why do you need a link?
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Sort of cloudy...."un-named teams" from two conferences? No one wants to play big bad 7-6(last year) FSU???? Now's the time to play them....when they are on a down cycle.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

FSU 3-1
gates 4-1

I think we could be off the down cycle
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

T REX wrote:Sort of cloudy...."un-named teams" from two conferences? No one wants to play big bad 7-6(last year) FSU???? Now's the time to play them....when they are on a down cycle.
That is why I thought it was interesting...now is the time to play if any....teams should jump on board for a shot at a signature win....
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

FSU already has future games scheduled with WVU. I'm sure scheduling conflicts are probably a good reason why they wouldn't have been able to come down this way. It's too bad that they didn't ask USF to play that type of game because we would certainly make room for it.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

TheChief wrote:
T REX wrote:Sort of cloudy...."un-named teams" from two conferences? No one wants to play big bad 7-6(last year) FSU???? Now's the time to play them....when they are on a down cycle.
That is why I thought it was interesting...now is the time to play if any....teams should jump on board for a shot at a signature win....

So beating a mediocre team is now a “signature win”? Well, RACK Wisconsin’s signature win over Iowa last month.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Goober McTuber wrote:So beating a mediocre team is now a “signature win”? Well, RACK Iowa’s signature wins for beating themselves twice last month.
ftfy
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

fuck how did Iowa lose with 85 first round picks and all...
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Goober McTuber wrote:
TheChief wrote:

So beating a mediocre team is now a “signature win”? Well, RACK Wisconsin’s signature win over Iowa last month.
Call FSU what you want...but beating the 'Noles is still significant to any team in the country. Especially for a Rutgers or a WVA....

You sound like you have been watching too much ESPN.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Goober McTuber wrote:
TheChief wrote:

So beating a mediocre team is now a “signature win”?
Call us what you want...

OSU, Neb, LSU, ND, USC, and TAMU would all like a win over the "mediocre team" of FSU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

TheChief wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
TheChief wrote: That is why I thought it was interesting...now is the time to play if any....teams should jump on board for a shot at a signature win....

Call FSU what you want...but beating the 'Noles is still significant to any team in the country. Especially for a Rutgers or a WVA....

You sound like you have been watching too much ESPN.

Rutgers has had a team superior to FSU’s since the start of the 2006 season. West Virginia has been better since the start of 2005. Beating FSU would be a good win for either team, just don’t see it as a signature win. A signature win should come against someone sitting above them, not below them. Not sure what ESPN has to do with that. Sorry, Chief.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mr T wrote: OSU, Neb, LSU, ND, USC, and TAMU would all like a win over the "mediocre team" of FSU.
Well, of course they would. A loss would be a huge embarrassment. Except for ND, of course.

TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Goober McTuber wrote: West Virginia has been better since the start of 2005. Sorry, Chief.
Don't apologize...just get your facts straight. Jan. 1, 2005 FSU 30 WVA 18
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Goober McTuber wrote:So beating a mediocre team is now a “signature win”? Well, RACK Wisconsin’s signature win over Iowa last month.
Pretty generous of you to call Iowa mediocre.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I want to play USF. The smack their fans have been talking this season is becoming unbearable. Gooc when Rutgers actually plays someone worth a damn then I will say they are a better program. Rutgers had a shot and they passed. They would rather play Buffalo and Norfolk St.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Cicero wrote:I want to play USF. The smack their fans have been talking this season is becoming unbearable.
We have asked to play you guys for a while and you're not willing to.

What "smack" have our fans been running?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

All over Sports talk radio and a lot of my friends who went there have saying stuff non-stop.

I want to play USF. I think since FSU already plays Miami and UF, they dont want to play another FL team. I would love to do a home and home. Hopefully we will get you guys in the bowl game.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dude, you listen to Deumig and that's strike one right there. He does a great job baiting our assclown fans. They are not representative of the majority of our fan base. Most of our fans know that this current success is more than likely not going to last this season. I don't think we'll go through the rest of the season without losing a game or 2. I thought 10 wins was achievable at the start of the season and we should come close to now since I figured we'd be 3-1 at this point.

There is no reason for us to play a 1 AA and there isn't for FSU to play teams like UAB and Troy when we could play one another. Hell, FSU, UF, Miami and USF should all play one another every season.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

There's a nice bridge out back for sale.
Go Bucs, Gators
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

even Jesse Palmer, or whatever Flas old QB who is now on College Football Live's name is, has drank the SEC Koolaid.
earlier this week in the fan question segment on the show a Sgt in the Military asked why SEC teams other than Tennessee are affraid to travel outside of the south to play OOC games. Palmer said "because the SEC is so tough". Total bull shit answer and I knew the cocksucker was going to say it before he did.... its like you see his eyes roll back and then the years of programming spit out the same rehearsed answer these faggots have been spewing for years. It's no coincidence that these idiots are the same mindless irrational fucktards who abandon reason and put all their faith in to some mythological fairey tales about their bullshit deity no matter what proof is shown to them to the contrary, it was pounded in to their skulls why they were still soft and now that the bones have fused together, its trapped.
I mean if the SEC is so tough SEC teams shouldnt fear going elsewhere to play games, hell going to the Coliseum and kicking the Trojans asses should be no problem since theyre such an inferior program from such a sorry conference.
SEC fans are as irrational and unreasonable as the bible thumping morons they play on sunday and I cant help but to believe this planet would be beter off without them, in both of their idiot forms
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Mr T wrote: OSU, Neb, LSU, ND, USC, and TAMU would all like a win over the "mediocre team" of FSU.
Well, of course they would. A loss would be a huge embarrassment. Except for ND, of course.
And your team is?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

TheChief wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: West Virginia has been better since the start of 2005. Sorry, Chief.
Don't apologize...just get your facts straight. Jan. 1, 2005 FSU 30 WVA 18
HAHA...Dont give him facts.

FSU is a mediocre team at 26 in the country with wins over Colorado and Alabama.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I called them mediocre in response to the idea that beating FSU would be a signature win for West Virginia. FSU is 3-1. As they were last year before they finished 7-6. And that's a fact.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Well we will just have to wait and see if they stick with XLee or ditch him after his first INT.

BTW, what is your team?

Ps. It doesnt matter if a team is in a down year or not. You always want to beat a team that has been on top for a while.

ND, USC, Texas, OU, NEB, UM, OSU, Alabama, FSU, Miami, ect. These are always going to be big wins for a team that isnt historically good
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oh yeah, a team like a West Virginia is going to think that beating a 3-8 Alabama team (2000 season), or a 5-7 USC team (also 2000), or a 3-9 Notre Dame team (this year) is a huge win. They are huge wins only if the program is relatively strong at that point in time.

Go Badgers.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Actually, I believe it was 1996. TCU wound up 4-7 that year. They had been a fairly middling team for quite some time. Sounds like a pretty even match-up. I’m guessing that had TCU won 9 or 10 games each of the previous 3 seasons, they probably wouldn’t have been rushing the field.

That was the point. A team that has been very successful, even if only for the past few seasons, is probably not going to get that jacked up for beating up a losing team, regardless of their historical pedigree.

TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Goober McTuber wrote: That was the point. A team that has been very successful, even if only for the past few seasons, is probably not going to get that jacked up for beating up a losing team, regardless of their historical pedigree.
No, that is not the point. By your point, Rutgers would not be jacked up for beating FSU this year or last.
That is ridiculous. If Rutgers beat FSU this year, the players for Rutgers would be telling their grandchildren 50 years from now that they were on a nationaly ranked team that beat the Bobby Bowden led Florida State Seminoles back in 2007.

Even though the 'Noles are not the top 3 program that they were for a 15 year stretch, they are still a signature win for nearly every team in the country. There is not a Badger fan in the country including yourself that would walk into a Wisconsin/FSU ballgame in the next year that would believe the badgers are going to blow out or handily beat FSU.

There is simply too much talent and speed on FSU...you never know when they are going to show up....as Alabama found out last weekend....and now, we MIGHT even possibly have a QB that is talented and mature enough to handle the offense.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

actually, of those teams, Notre Dame would of been the best team.

sure they blow, but their fanbase would sell that stadium out in days.

would be huge for Jax and for the game atmosphere.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Wisconsin?

Hopefully FSU can hook up a home-home with wisky.

I doubt the badgers would ever take it though.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Alabama was over-rated and UW is currently a better team than FSU.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Adelpiero wrote:actually, of those teams, Notre Dame would of been the best team.

They already have some Jax Games lined up.

Both FSU and ND are playing games in Jax. I think NDs years they are trying to fill are different then FSU.

FSU-ND is always fun to watch.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

as much as many of us get tired of the notre dame Rah Rah shit, we all have to admit, you would love to go to Notre Dame or have ND come to your house!

its always a win, win, no matter how good they are!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mr T wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:actually, of those teams, Notre Dame would of been the best team.

They already have some Jax Games lined up.

Both FSU and ND are playing games in Jax. I think NDs years they are trying to fill are different then FSU.

FSU-ND is always fun to watch.
I'd love to see ND-FSU in Jacksonville, but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

That said, I'm not quite sure why White is so hell-bent on setting up some games there. I lived in Jacksonville for 3 1/2 years while I was in the Navy. Suffice to say that there wasn't a huge ND fanbase there, at least not relatively speaking. Then again, I left in '90 so I suppose it's possible that things have changed since then.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Head coaches always seem to think highly of the traditionally powerful programs even when in down years.

I'd guess a lot of head coaches view wins over "struggling powerhouses" like ND, Michigan, Nebraska, etc., as signature wins, whether anybody else thinks it's reasonable or not. And that's really all that matters because they get to rank teams, which is kind of a big deal, considering they affect that whole BCS formula dealio.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Goober McTuber wrote:Alabama was over-rated and UW is currently a better team than FSU.

Funny you say that...just prior to the weekend that your #5 team isn't even favored in a game against a team ranked lower than FSU in both polls and not even in the top 25.