Wow, Just Wow... (Now with better linkage!)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Stoops
Elwood

Wow, Just Wow... (Now with better linkage!)

Post by War Stoops »

Here's a future You Tube sensation starring Mike Gundy of Oklahoma State. Below is the article that set him off. I like that he's sticking up for his player but...overreact much? Poor Jenni Carlson (the author and target of Gundy's rage) must have been terrified. I know I would be if I was attacked by a porcupine with an orange tan.

Linky

-----

Reid is still the most talented signal-caller, but attitude is reason for change

STILLWATER — Bobby Reid stood near the team charters last Friday night, using his cell phone, eating his boxed meal. It would've been normal post-game activity but for one thing.

His mother was feeding him chicken.

Which brings us to the quarterback switch-a-roo at Oklahoma State.

Don't see the connection?

Let me explain. Cowboy coaches have gone full-speed ahead with the Zac Attack, opting to start Robinson over Reid a week ago, then sticking with him against Texas Tech today even after an embarrassing loss at Troy. Weren't we being told just last week that Reid was still the guy? All the weight with which Cowboy coaches were backing Reid has totally shifted to Robinson.

The change seems sudden.

Thing is, it may not be as abrupt as it looks. If you believe the rumors and the rumblings, Reid has been pushing coaches that way for quite some time.

Tile up the back stories told on the sly over the past few years, and you see a pattern that hasn't always been pretty.

Word is that Reid has considered transferring a couple different times, the first as early as 2005. Reid, then a redshirt freshman, was facing competition from returner Donovan Woods, and apparently, Reid considered leaving OSU just because he had to compete for the spot.

Reid's nerves have also been an issue. Earlier this year, he told our Andrea Cohen about his game-day emotions.

"I get sweaty palms. I get the butterflies in my stomach. I sweat lot,” he said then. "I've been playing this game for 15 years. And I can honestly say every game I've played in, I've been nervous. It's not so much me being scared; I just get to a point where I start worrying about a lot of things I can't control.”

A lot of guys get nervous, some even puke before games. How you handle the nerves is important, though, and Reid hasn't always managed them well. He has gotten off to some extremely slow starts, putting the Cowboys in some holes. Some, they dug out of, with Reid often wielding the biggest shovel, and some, they couldn't.

Then, there have been the injuries. No doubt some of Reid's ailments have been severe, including an injured shoulder that required surgery and forced him to redshirt. Other times, though, Reid has been nicked in games and sat it out instead of gutting it out.

Injuries are tricky, of course. You don't want a guy to put himself in harm's way if he's really hurt, and yet, football is one of those sports in which everyone plays hurt. Aches and pains, bumps and bruises are part of the gig.

Reid's injury against Florida Atlantic — whatever it was — appeared minor but just might have been the thing that pushed Cowboy coaches over the edge. Even though Mike Gundy said last week that Robinson got the nod because he had the better week of practice, insiders say that the coaches decided to bench Reid early in the week. The bottom line: The switch is less about Robinson's play and more about Reid's attitude.

"The coaches made a decision,” Reid told our Mike Baldwin after the Troy game. "I just have to go with it, get better and get back on the field.”

There's something to be said for not being a malcontent, but you can almost see Reid shrugging his shoulders as he says those words. Does he have the fire in his belly?

Or does he want to be coddled, babied, perhaps even fed chicken?

That scene in the parking lot last week had no bearing on the Cowboys changing quarterbacks, and yet, it said so much about Reid. A 21-year-old letting his mother feed him in public? Most college kids, much less college football players, would just as soon be seen running naked across campus.

And what of the scene television cameras captured earlier that evening of Reid on the sidelines laughing with assistant strength coach Trumain Carroll? The same cameras showed him throwing his cap in disgust after a missed play earlier, but to be laughing in the final minutes of an embarrassing loss is bad form.

Reid is the most talented quarterback in Payne County, but he hasn't proven that he's the toughest. If you listen to the rumblings and the rumors, Cowboy coaches simply grew weary of it.

Who knows? There might come a day when they grow tired of something Robinson does, but for now, they appear willing to sacrifice a bit of talent for a lot of grit,
Last edited by War Stoops on Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Jenny Carlson sucks balls anyhow.

She's like the little white spot on top of the chicken shit that is the Daily Oklahoman's sports page.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

what business does a cunt have writing about football in the first place, they should stick to figure skating, softball and soccer coverage
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RACK that meltdown, if, for nothing else, pure entertainment value.
dumbass wrote:what business does a cunt have writing about football in the first place, they should stick to figure skating, softball and soccer coverage
Exactly. Sort of like clueless fucktards having access to the Internet, no?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I can't defend the rant (at least the way he handled it) but I can't defend that moron Carlson either. Gundy was right whether or not other OU fans want to admit it.

She is a monumental mental midget who shouldn't be covering Junior High football in Bixby, Oklahoma much less for the largest circulating paper in the state. Anyone who has read more than 3 of her articles knows this as well.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

I was at Kansas with Jenni Carlson. I was at the student paper with Jenni Carlson.

Needless to say, I've watched this clip about 20 times this weekend. Christmas has come early.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

what business does a cunt have writing about football in the first place
I was hoping you would shed light on that matter.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I gotta rack Gundy on that one. Whore wrote an article based solely on rumor targeting a college kid. Fuck her.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

That is bullshit throwing a college kid under the bus the way she did. No sources or anything. I hope she gets run out of Stillwater and other writers target her as an outcast. As much as I hate Gundy, he did the right thing calling her out.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

RumpleForeskin wrote:That is bullshit throwing a college kid under the bus the way she did. No sources or anything. I hope she gets run out of Stillwater and other writers target her as an outcast. As much as I hate Gundy, he did the right thing calling her out.
Jenni has already had a couple of articles written coming to her defense which is a total joke.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

That article just makes me ill. Bobby Reid is a good kid and I watched him play at Galena Park here in the Houston area. He doesn't diserve this.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

IndyFrisco wrote:I gotta rack Gundy on that one. Whore wrote an article based solely on rumor targeting a college kid. Fuck her.
Kid?
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Last I checked, college students are still referred to by many as kids. You're arguing semantics.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

That was awesome...I liked how it started off as a talk to "the media" and then became a scolding towards Carlson. I don't know much about Gundy and he doesn't appear to be a top-tier coach but that was a bold move.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I think Gundy coming to the aid of one of his players and saying stuff to the press the player would never say will do far more good for his team than a little back patting in a game where they gave up 700 passing yards and eeked out a win vs a team that possibly has a worse defense than even Louisville.
Fuck the press, he is looking out for his players and if they get a us vs the rest of the world mentality, they may play better.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

RACK Gundy
Jobocky
Elwood

Post by Jobocky »

I'll RACK him too. He might have been a little self-serving but once in a while someone has to put the writers in their place. Rip jobs on college students aren't necessary
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

88 wrote:Image

That dyke isnt having any kids, who wants to fuck a troglodyte with Bells Palsy? How the fuck did an ugly bitch like that even get a job at a sports page, they must not have many options in Oklahoma
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Rack coach!! Maning up and getting his players back will pay off down the road. Fuck the press and shorting them on the post game presser. Dude is taking control of his regime and his players and the parents that send their kids to him gotta love it. Fuck lazy eyed neck roll having cunts thinking they understand football.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Coaches lose their temper all the time...
This thread needs christening.

\s\

RMK
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I think the whole thing was planned by Gundy, his team just gave up over 700 passing yards at home, it was brilliant to go on this rehearsed tyrade and i wouldnt be surprised if there was someone flashing him que cards as he went on. Dude bought his defense at least another week before they stop talking about Jenni. Hell when he walked out of the press room they applauded cause theyre not used to seeing Broadway productions in Stillwater, Oklahoma
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

88 wrote:Image
She's no Erin McQuinn.

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

SoCalTrjn wrote:I think the whole thing was planned by Gundy, his team just gave up over 700 passing yards at home, it was brilliant to go on this rehearsed tyrade and i wouldnt be surprised if there was someone flashing him que cards as he went on. Dude bought his defense at least another week before they stop talking about Jenni. Hell when he walked out of the press room they applauded cause theyre not used to seeing Broadway productions in Stillwater, Oklahoma
Its possilbe he did rehearse it, but that doesn't make it wrong. Her article was trash and Bobby Reid has done NOTHING to diserve the criticism she gave him about his attitude and unwillingness to play hurt. Its mostly speculation. Gundy said it best about Reid going to class and is respecful to the media. Why throw a kid under the bus when he is doing what he is suppose to do? Fuck her and her article.
See You Next Wednesday

IndyFrisco wrote:Last I checked, college students are still referred to by many as kids. You're arguing semantics.
Well this kid is 22 and just had a minor story in some nothing newspaper about him made into a national story. Nice job coach. So what happened here? Was the "kid" a complete crybaby who went to coach to complain...."Oh-oh-*sob* coach that mean reporter was MEAN! *sob*. Or was the "kid" letting it roll off his back, when the coach decided on his own to turn it into a big deal that promptly put the "kid" and all these issues on a national front. You know what a mature person does, calls the newspaper, talks to the reporter, the player, handles it behind the scenes instead of making it into a spectacle for the news media, bloggers, and internet tards like all of us. Again nice job "coach".
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:I think the whole thing was planned by Gundy, his team just gave up over 700 passing yards at home, it was brilliant to go on this rehearsed tyrade and i wouldnt be surprised if there was someone flashing him que cards as he went on. Dude bought his defense at least another week before they stop talking about Jenni. Hell when he walked out of the press room they applauded cause theyre not used to seeing Broadway productions in Stillwater, Oklahoma
Its possilbe he did rehearse it, but that doesn't make it wrong. Her article was trash and Bobby Reid has done NOTHING to diserve the criticism she gave him about his attitude and unwillingness to play hurt. Its mostly speculation. Gundy said it best about Reid going to class and is respecful to the media. Why throw a kid under the bus when he is doing what he is suppose to do? Fuck her and her article.
I would have laid in to the bitch too, course I would have added, "go to the locker room, we'll outfit you with a uniform and you can go in to some tackling drills and we will see who the baby is, maybe you should stick to covering gymnastics with that Mary Lou doo of yours, you have no business writing about football"
I still think he staged and rehearsed the whole thing to get the media off of his defense that just gave up over 700 passing yards at home
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

If you listened to the rant, you'd know Reid wasn't the one who brought it to the Gundy's attention. It was a mother. I'm assuming it is Reid's mother, but it was never stated.

In any case, this will be forgotten by the general public by gametime on Saturday, but the players in that locker room know coach has their back. It was definitely over the top, but as a person who can't stand the media, I appreciated the rant.
See You Next Wednesday

IndyFrisco wrote:If you listened to the rant, you'd know Reid wasn't the one who brought it to the Gundy's attention. It was a mother. I'm assuming it is Reid's mother, but it was never stated.

In any case, this will be forgotten by the general public by gametime on Saturday, but the players in that locker room know coach has their back. It was definitely over the top, but as a person who can't stand the media, I appreciated the rant.
So the guys mommy came to his rescue. Maybe "kid" is the right term, then. Coach has their back....too bad he can't coach.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Dennis Dodd is a piece of shit too. His response to Gundy....

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootba ... y/10368451

Mike Gundy needs to be reprimanded, definitely suspended, probably fined and maybe fired.

If you missed the Oklahoma State coach's outburst Saturday, you missed the mother of all meltdowns. At least the mother of all meltdowns over something as common as a columnist's opinion.

Coaches usually reserve their tirades for more important things like fumbles, arrests or their own marital problems. Even then, most coaches have the decency to do their yelling behind closed doors.

Okie State's third-year coach verbally attacked a woman, a journalist and degraded his profession after Saturday's win over Texas Tech. Jenni Carlson, a columnist for the Daily Oklahoman, wrote a fair and balanced column Saturday regarding quarterback Bobby Reid. Typical of his coaching style, Gundy had replaced Reid as starter before the Sept. 13 game against Troy without explanation. As is her job in that situation, Carlson tried to explain why Reid lost his job in her column.

Try reading it and then tell me what is unfair, or personal. First, you have to understand that this is not the first time Gundy has overreacted. As immediate past president of the Football Writers Association of the America, I wrote him last year regarding media access. There pretty much wasn't any at a program that still fails to realize it lives in a huge shadow in its own state (ever hear of Oklahoma?) and is an afterthought in the national conversation. So for Gundy to attack Carlson for not knowing what's going on, well, that's Hypocrisy 101. Like a lot of his colleagues, Gundy wants it both ways. He wants his super-secret, sacrosanct program to be accountable to no one.

And then he whines when someone dares pull the curtain back to take a peek.

So far, though, the approach has worked for him and his enablers in Stillwater. For everyone else, Gundy is a 13-15 coach at a program that no one outside his clandestine world cares about.

He hides his players -- whose scholarships are paid for by tax dollars and contributions -- and then criticizes when journalists try to do their jobs.

In a way, this is an indictment of readers and fans in Oklahoma. They should demand more of a coach whose credibility so far has ended at the football field where he was a successful quarterback for the Cowboys. Certainly he has less than the man he replaced, Les Miles.

The players are public figures, Mike, just like you are. You, though, are more public than most. You are the benefactor of a $165 million gift from Okie State sugar daddy T. Boone Pickens. Oklahoma State is getting great facilities but not the wins that are expected to follow them.

Or maybe that's the media's fault.

Gundy needs to be penalized, because the Big 12 office should not let this pass. The league was still gathering information Sunday. The column and outburst were quickly passed along to commissioner Dan Beebe.

No matter what the outcome, the coach shamed the league and his profession.

On the surface, Gundy's screamfest resembled an amateur Bobby Knight. The Dark Knight typically saves his worst vitriol after victories to give them more credibility. Former commissioner Kevin Weiberg handled Knight as if the coach was his superior, rather than Knight being accountable for his actions.

This time there is a new commissioner who, judging by his demeanor, isn't going to let something like this stain the Big 12's name. Beebe is a 50-year-old former athlete and experienced commissioner with a law degree. He knows crap when he sees it. Especially since, at last check, Gundy has a few less national championships than Knight to back him up.

But the Big 12 bylaws don't cover this kind of conduct, which kind of explains Knight and Gundy. It's up to the schools, which means the enablers continue to rule.

This is what is never going to change, Mike: We're going to write our opinions because this is America. Free press and all that. You might not agree, but when you don't, for your career's sake, keep it to yourself.

For the rest of the season, maybe that entire career, this is going to be an issue with you. The hot-head coach who can't take fair criticism.

Maybe recruits will love it. And maybe their parents will want them to be in a program where the coach is more level-headed.

We have the pen, always, Mike. You have a job, for now.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

Rack Gundy for sticking up for his player. That article was written on speculation and rumor and not good journalism. I have to respect Gundy for defending his player and doing what he said he would do when he told that kids parents that he would take care of him when he came to OSU.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:So the guys mommy came to his rescue.
Possibly.
See You Next Wednesday wrote:Maybe "kid" is the right term, then.
Surely.
See You Next Wednesday wrote:Coach has their back.
Obviously.
See You Next Wednesday wrote:too bad he can't coach.
Absolutely.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Damn...
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Columnist responds

By Jenni Carlson
Staff Writer

STILLWATER — I finally got a follow-up question.

Two days ago, Mike Gundy launched a verbal tirade on yours truly. The Oklahoma State football coach took offense to my Saturday column about Bobby Reid. When Gundy was still talking sense, before he went completely ballistic, he contended that the column was fiction.

"Three-fourths of this is inaccurate,” he said.

Then about three minutes later, Gundy stormed out. No questions. No rebuttals.

Monday at Oklahoma State's weekly news conference, I had a chance to ask the question that's been eating at me ever since:

You contended three-fourths of that column was inaccurate; could you tell me what those factual errors were?

"I don't have to,” he said.

Our paper has a policy of correcting errors, and I can't do that if I don't know what the errors were.

"I don't have to,” Gundy said again. "I'd rather just let it go.”

I'd rather let it go, too, but by disputing the facts in my column, Gundy attacked my credibility.

These were not wild accusations. They are facts that came from sources and observations. I will not stand on the sidelines and allow someone to attack my credibility.

Anyone who's involved with producing a product, any product, can understand.

Let's say you're making and selling widgets, and the widget maker across the street goes out on the corner and tells everyone passing by that your widgets are faulty. Seventy-five percent of them don't work, he says. You know it's not true.

What would you do?

Take it?

Of course not. You'd want your next-door widget maker to substantiate those claims or back off of them.

That's what I wanted.

Gundy was asked on at least three separate occasions Monday — once by me and two other times by other journalists — to expand on his contention that the facts in the column were inaccurate. Did Reid never consider transferring, for example? Did he play through injuries like coaches wanted? Gundy has yet to argue any facts specifically.

Gundy has only attempted to dispute one thing in the column. Saturday night, he said Cowboy coaches didn't start Reid over Donovan Woods in 2005 because Reid threatened to transfer.

I never said that they did.

Here's what I said: "Reid has considered transferring a couple different times, the first as early as 2006. Reid, then a redshirt freshman, was facing competition from returner Donovan Woods, and apparently, Reid considered leaving OSU just because he had to compete for the spot.”

I feel as adamant about the facts in that column as Gundy did in his belief that his player shouldn't have been so scrutinized.

That is a reasonable and healthy debate. How much should college athletes be scrutinized?

High school athletes are treated differently from college athletes. Pro athletes are treated differently still. In general, athletes are more scrutinized the higher they climb.

There are shades of gray, though, in college athletics. A fourth- or fifth-year player is held more accountable for on-field performance than a freshman. A college football player at a big-time school is scrutinized more, too, because football is just a different beast.

The idea of "amateurs” playing big-time college football is novel but naive these days. College football is the minor leagues for pro football. It isn't quite professional, but it isn't still amateur, either. The money and the attention and the importance shade it more toward the professional level.

Reid, as a fourth-year player and a 21-year-old man, leans more toward the upper end of that scale.

Now, I didn't write that column Saturday to embarrass Bobby Reid. He has been a super kid to deal with, and frankly, I've thought highly of his ability. Heck, I wrote last year that I thought he might be the second coming of Vince Young.

No, the reason for my column Saturday was because of one lingering question — why have the Cowboys, who so adamantly backed Reid, suddenly switched course, benched the biggest recruit to ever sign with the program and jumped full speed ahead with Zac Robinson?

Again, my answer came from sources and observations.

I stand by those facts.

Gundy has said three-fourths of them are wrong, but I'm waiting to hear the argument against even one.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

This bitch belongs on a message board. She is splitting hairs here. Obviously, Gundy wants to move on, but she wants to defend herself with the statements Gundy made. She needs to move on like he is an let it be just that. Now, if Gundy responds to her latest article, then he is a douche. He said what he had to say and now needs to focus on next week's game. The bitch knows this and any response other than "no comment" will ultimately make Gundy look foolish. If she presses on beyond her latest response, then she should be raped with Frank Costanza's Festivus pole.
See You Next Wednesday

RumpleForeskin wrote:This bitch belongs on a message board. She is splitting hairs here. Obviously, Gundy wants to move on, but she wants to defend herself with the statements Gundy made. She needs to move on like he is an let it be just that. Now, if Gundy responds to her latest article, then he is a douche. He said what he had to say and now needs to focus on next week's game. The bitch knows this and any response other than "no comment" will ultimately make Gundy look foolish. If she presses on beyond her latest response, then she should be raped with Frank Costanza's Festivus pole.
So she should move on because Gundy stupidly opened up a can of worms that he can't put back and doesn't have any real answers for her questions. God forbid a woman....A WOMAN!!????? WHAT??...should dare stand up for herself. Doesn't she know she should just shut up and let the FOOTBALL COACH decide how this will be played out.

This guy is a joke.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Now, if Gundy responds to her latest article, then he is a douche.
Bullshit.

She makes some valid points. If there are errors in her column, Gundy should say specifically what they are, since he's the one that went ballistic, attacked her in public and said "three-quarters" of her column was wrong.

The burden is on him to outline what was untrue, just as every other public figure does when they contact a reporter about errors in a story -- whether publically or privately. They don't just say "well, it was wrong, you figure it out."

That's not how it works.

Also, part of her job as a COLUMNIST is to write her opinion and stir the pot. It isn't writing press releases for the university or the football program. She wasn't writing a sports or a news story, she wrote a column. Opinion is implied in sports columns.

Was she out of line in her first column in going after Reid? Probably.

Did Gumby handle it wrong? Absolutely.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:You know what a mature person does, calls the newspaper, talks to the reporter, the player, handles it behind the scenes instead of making it into a spectacle for the news media, bloggers, and internet tards like all of us. Again nice job "coach".
Exactly.

When I first saw that rant, I thought it was directed at a male reporter. Wow, hardass coach browbeats and dresses down a reporter who it turns out is a woman. And she smacked you senseless in her rebuttal. but now you just want to "move on". Right.

You a bad man, coach. A 40 year old man going on 14, and you don't deserve the title of coach.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

RF,

Why does Gundy owe the cunt anything? Yes, the dude melted. Yes, it was over the top. Yes, he sounded childish. However, he was right to stand up for his guy. His delivery could have used some improvement, but he owes nothing to the bitch as far as an explanation is concerned. It's not up to him to prove her sources are reliable or not.

I know you are a media apologist so I won't debate the matter with you as you have a bias here. Just want to put in my 2 cents that he owes her nothing.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

War Wagon wrote:
See You Next Wednesday wrote:You know what a mature person does, calls the newspaper, talks to the reporter, the player, handles it behind the scenes instead of making it into a spectacle for the news media, bloggers, and internet tards like all of us. Again nice job "coach".
Exactly.

When I first saw that rant, I thought it was directed at a male reporter. Wow, hardass coach browbeats and dresses down a reporter who it turns out is a woman. And she smacked you senseless in her rebuttal. but now you just want to "move on". Right.

You a bad man, coach. A 40 year old man going on 14, and you don't deserve the title of coach.
RACK!

After seeing Carlson's clip from GMA, she ends up looking like the saint in this matter, while a 13-15 coach that lost to Troy melts down over an article he admits he didn't read!