Moderator: Shoalzie

fix
Eternal Scobode

Yahoo! Homer League 2007 Sign-Up

Post by fix »

League ID: 21028
Password: trolls
Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/l ... 1bhomerfhl

It's set it up to use the exact same settings (which seemed to work well) as Shoalzie did last year with the only new differences being:
  • I've created the Custom League URL for us which lets those playing to bookmark the URL ^^^ for easy access.
  • More importantly, it also allows us to reactivate the league next year and keep / use the same URL.
  • We can set it so previous seasons of the league show the former winners along with instant access to our archived seasons.
  • At any time, the position and keys to the commissioner's tools can easily be handed over to another manager to help out during holidays, illness, whatever or take over if needed.
For those that didn't particpate last season, here's how it works.
Shoalzie's explanation from last season wrote:They're doing something similar to this on the NFL board and I liked the idea so much I think it would be a fun thing to do for hockey. We'll take as many participants as we can get and select a team you want to represent...preferrably the team you are rooting for. I'll do the offline draft before the season starts and you'll have a 23 man roster to work with and you can only use players who are actually on the NHL club you are representing. If a player is traded to another team, you have to release them. There is no trading involved...just manage your lineup. You'll start 8 forwards, 4 defensemen and 2 goalies so you actually have some decisions to make instead of going with full 12 forwards and 6 defensemen lineup. The concept is really self-explanatory. When you sign in, make sure you name your team with the team you want to represent. I'll fill out the rosters myself but after that is done, you're free to have whichever players you want from your team.

If the team you're a fan of is taken, sign in for now and choose a team that does not have any fan representative.
I'm picking the Toronto Maple Leafs because given my legacy of kicking everyone's asses in T1B's FHL, this will be about as close to a Championship as the Leafs will come this year.
For the other 2, known Leafs fans who stop by here on occasion, too bad, try your luck and pick another team.

We can have as many 20 teams...first come, first serve.
Last edited by fix on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Columbus Blue Jackets represent! Ok I'm kidding, go Habs go.
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I wasn't interested in running this again but if you want to keep it going, Otis, be my guest. In with the Red Wings!
HockeyMom
Female Sportsfanatic

Post by HockeyMom »

In for the Av's!
HockeyMom
Female Sportsfanatic

Post by HockeyMom »

I went to yahoo under my fantasy sport home and

League ID: 21028
Password: trolls
Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/l ... 1bhomerfhl

is gone and it gives me this error: t1bhomerfhl is not the name of an existing league (Error #386)
There was a problem
This league is not registered in this game. (Error #272)

I was in with the av's?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I see it's gone too...there were only 4 teams playing, was it even going to be worth doing?
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Shoalzie wrote:I see it's gone too...there were only 4 teams playing, was it even going to be worth doing?
Nope and not feasible..

Too bad though, it was entertaining last season.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Was looking forward in kicking some TML ass. Too bad.
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It is too bad...this place has lost a lot of the regulars from last year. It makes me a little nervous about the SNC this year.