Death Cat: Explanation?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Death Cat: Explanation?

Post by Risa »

MK of Dlisted.com wrote:Oscar the Cat is a resident pussy at a nursing home in Providence, Rhode Island. Staff members at the nursing home claim that Oscar can predict when a patient is going to pass away by curling up next to them in their final hours. Oscar has done this 25 times.

Dr. Dosa of the nursing home said, "He doesn't make too many mistakes. He seems to understand when patients are about to die. Many family members take some solace from it. They appreciate the companionship that the cat provides for their dying loved one."

When Oscar starts getting cozy next to a patient, the staff rings up their family and lets them know it's time.

That's one deadly pussy!

Is it the cat doing the predicting, or are the residents sending 'come here' signals? Why would any creature wish to curl up next to the dying? Isn't that counter-instinctual? Unless you're trying to protect someone from being eaten or harmed... but that's a dog thing. And where did dogs learn it?

The source for the dlisted story:
http://www.wral.com/news/strange/story/1634582/

If you're not going to eat it, why be around it?

And finally, how fucked up is it that family isn't around to be there when one is about to pass away? Yeah, sure, the family finds comfort in it -- but where were they in the first place?
on a short leash, apparently.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

[align=center]Image

I KNOW RIS-A
I KNOW TODD-D

"I know Ris-a, I know Todd-d,
Lay y'all body down.
We walk in de moonlight, We walk in de cul d sac,
We lay y'all body down.
We walk in de graveyard, We walk through de graveyard,
To lay our body down.
We be in de grave and stretch out our arms ;
Lay our body down.
We go to de judgment in de evenin' of de day,
When we lay our body down ;
And our soul and your soul will meet in de day
When we lay our body down."
[/align]

Rip City
T1B Rules of Operation:

4. Forums. If you don't like it, leave. It is that simple.
----

OK, bye.
Mike Backer
Bozworth wanna be
Location: Middle of the formation, four yards from the line of scrimmage.

Post by Mike Backer »

BWA!!!

Rack the old coot.
I'm the guy who tossed Mark Cuban's salad by proxy.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Death Cat: Explanation?

Post by BSmack »

Risa wrote:And finally, how fucked up is it that family isn't around to be there when one is about to pass away? Yeah, sure, the family finds comfort in it -- but where were they in the first place?
You are aware that not everybody dies during visiting hours?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Hmm... this got moved from trots and then back. Which one of you braindead mods got 2nd guessed?
Risa wrote: And finally, how fucked up is it that family isn't around to be there when one is about to pass away? Yeah, sure, the family finds comfort in it -- but where were they in the first place?
Probably trying to frantically call from a thousand miles away, but no answer.
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

Never mind an explanation. I'm just praying that Oscar starts feeling the need for a roadie to Albuquerque.
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:Hmm... this got moved from trots and then back. Which one of you braindead mods got 2nd guessed?
Risa wrote: And finally, how fucked up is it that family isn't around to be there when one is about to pass away? Yeah, sure, the family finds comfort in it -- but where were they in the first place?
Probably trying to frantically call from a thousand miles away, but no answer.
My guess would be that one of the mods spotted yet another turd from Tedious Cunt in Albuquerque, and set about the process of moving it to TROTS. In the meantime, Luther posted yet another of his totally $$$ pic wytches. The thread suddenly had value, and would have to be returned to the main board.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

War Wagon wrote:Hmm... this got moved from trots and then back. Which one of you braindead mods got 2nd guessed?
I blame rozy.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

OCmike wrote:
I blame rozy.
Woulda been me had I gotten to it BEFORE Luth's post. Didn't happen, 'twarn't me.

Or, what Goob's said...without my involvement.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Even if the staff members are lying, I think that the cat should fry and face a beat down, 'cuz obviously something went down, even if the cat didn't actually predict the deaths of those people.

And if the staff members are lying, it'd be a tragedy, because it just makes it less likely that anyone will believe the next report of a housepet predicting people's deaths.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Rack Luth. good work!

Rich Fader wrote:Never mind an explanation. I'm just praying that Oscar starts feeling the need for a roadie to Albuquerque.

That'll rack, as well.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Risa

Post by Risa »

BSmack wrote:
Risa wrote:And finally, how fucked up is it that family isn't around to be there when one is about to pass away? Yeah, sure, the family finds comfort in it -- but where were they in the first place?
You are aware that not everybody dies during visiting hours?
Quite. But something still feels wrong, here. Oh well.

Wouldn't you rather die at home, than in a nursing home?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Risa wrote:Wouldn't you rather die at home, than in a nursing home?
Long as you die, we don't care where.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Risa

Post by Risa »

That's cold, man.
on a short leash, apparently.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

So is death. Deal with it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rack everyone other than Rhesus for stepping in and salvaging this thread.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

:D

I've noticed since I've returned from the sabbatical that threads sometimes disappear for short periods of time. For instance, last week Bsmack had his thread announcing that his wife is expecting their first child. I wytched the picture of his ultrasound and included E.T. wearing one of Bsmack's old Cheetos shirts. Nobody "got it" but that isn't the issue. When I had finished the wytch, I went back to the thread but it was gone. I originally thought that a mod might have deemed it trots worthy so I scrolled down to that forum and checked, but it wasn't there.

I then sent Bri a PM and congratulated him on the news and asked him where his thread went, thinking he might have trashed it himself. I never heard back from Bsmack, probably because I'm a republican and I don't fuck animals, but about a half hour or so later his thread showed back up and it included several of the responses prior to its disappearance.

Software glitch? I don't know. Somebody else had a thread the other day and something similar happened. This time I just did a search for all posts by that poster and I found it, even though it wasn't on the page. I didn't know if it was a glitch or if a mod/admin was fooking around with people. I kind of doubt the latter as we are almost down to single digit original posters, and that move is dangerous. :D

Sorry that Oscar curled up on your hospital bed with you, Risa. The little ditty is a play-off from some old "Negro Spiritual Song" I found on a search for "death songs+Negro+old spirituals+Risa+Race+bait." I only added Toddowen to the mix because it rhymed with the original spiritual.

Rip City
T1B Rules of Operation:

4. Forums. If you don't like it, leave. It is that simple.
----

OK, bye.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Luth, prolly a software glitch. Then again, maybe even the software knows to send threads to TROTS temporarily until Risa logs off.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Risa wrote:Why would any creature wish to curl up next to the dying?
because the cat hates n...iggers. end of fucking thread.
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

I credit the cat for doing what he does.......
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown