For the One Track Mind Crew...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

velocet
"Q-Town"

For the One Track Mind Crew...

Post by velocet »

A suggestion, merely... but some preliminary:

Obviously, you're not going to deviate knowingly from your pet "theories." No one can change your mind with any amount of 'something better'. Indeed, your mental workings go along the lines of this "method:"

1. Start with theory or world view and cling to it like there's no tomorrow,

2. Be as selective as possible with all data: stick only with what "fits" your theory,

3. Explain away in fine spinning fashion anything that might not fit your theory,

4. Apply ad hominem abusive somehow to those who disagree with your theory; and finally,

5. Since your theory is so rock solid airtight fabulous, in running with it you see no need for such trifles as checkable proof or even systematic explication. No, you tend to find that repeating the same fukking thing over and over is all you can be bothered to do, since your theory is so clear to you, and the fault for "not getting it" must lie with the ill-informed dumbheads who seem so intractable.

Fine, if you want to be that way in your life but that mental state of being is doing nothing for the readability of your posts, to the detriment of the board generally.

So the suggestion is this: band together! Of course nothing can top your own solipsistic purview, and the fact that you see only what you want to see can be a hindrance to cooperative effort. Your understanding alone is all that counts, right? But think of the possibilities if you would just take a moment from swatting at those damn hallucinatory flies and learn a bit about what it is the other One Tracks are only wanting to see! Instead of your basic conspiracy theories, you can have Compound ones! You can have fun with this and the majority of the board will be entertained by what you come up with.

Just as one example, imagine Risa, LTN, Phibes and Martyred all got together and produced one masterstroke thread: The Zionist Wall too High and Racist Levee too Low: The Evil Racist White Man's Capital, Dreidel and his Barriers to a Black/Brown Workers Utopia. Think of it!

Combine your efforts well enough and I'm sure the admins will gladly set aside a special forum for just this kind of consciousness raising.

velocet
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

There already is such a special forum. It’s called T.R.O.T.S.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Re: For the One Track Mind Crew...

Post by Risa »

velocet wrote:Just as one example, imagine Risa, LTN, Phibes and Martyred all got together and produced one masterstroke thread: The Zionist Wall too High and Racist Levee too Low: The Evil Racist White Man's Capital, Dreidel and his Barriers to a Black/Brown Workers Utopia. Think of it!
Velo 'The Awakened One' goes the subversive route and gathers all Aryan Nation talking points into one doctorate thesis title. I can bite into this, if you really want me to.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Why don't you bite into the business end of one of these:

schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Is this a gun thread?

An old buddy of mine has a dealer's license, and I've now got a line on some smoking deals on all manor of firearms.

Might have to upgrade. Probably wants more than I'm willing to pony up for the original Uzi Model A, though.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Risa

Post by Risa »

Goober McTuber wrote:Why don't you bite into the business end of one of these:
I'm not in love with a highwayman.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Dinsdale wrote:Is this a gun thread?

An old buddy of mine has a dealer's license, and I've now got a line on some smoking deals on all manor of firearms.
Just got my C&R license last week. Oddly enough, there are some full autos that qualify as C&R. NFA rules still apply, so would still have to come up with the $200 transfer fee, though.

Might have to upgrade. Probably wants more than I'm willing to pony up for the original Uzi Model A, though.
If it's older than 50 years, it can qualify as C&R... or so I'm told
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:Why don't you bite into the business end of one of these:

that's a Parker......

NICE fucking shotgun......
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cuda wrote:If it's older than 50 years, it can qualify as C&R... or so I'm told

Israel Arms didn't start making Uzi's until 1982, if I remember right. It's a semi-auto version, regardless. His is a long-barrel, since apparently it's legally a rifle, and he's got to jump through hoops to have a short-barrel rifle, so he got the long barrel.

But they only made the Model A for a short time, so there isn't that many of them out there.

Not sure what C&R is... is that a concealed dealio?

As far as the full autos, it's my not-so-thorough understanding that just about anything pre-1984 was fairly kosh, which is why the guts from old autos are freaking gold mines.

I know another guy who has licenced autos and silencers and whatnot. A 22LR conversion kit for the .223's is absolute money with a full-auto. And I literally mean "money." You can run up a pretty nasty ammo bill after a few clips that last 1.5 seconds. 22LR is do-able.

My bud also has one of the new Tommyguns they started making again... they only come in semis there days, but talk about a nostalgia trip -- throw a drum mag in one of those, and you can pretend to be John Dillinger in the woods.

My friend does 3-gun tactical shooting competitions, and he's got some crazy rad stuff for that. Any time your shotgun says Binelli on it, you ain't messing around. Hell, I didn't even know Binelli even made military shotguns.

If I didn't hate 9MM so much, I could probably trade a couple of lesser pistols for a bitchin new Desert Eagle compact(Baby Eagle, or whatever they call those -- I don't think you can get the revolver chanberings in the compact, just auto rounds).

Played with one of these, too --

Except his is "post-post-ban," and has the 25rd mag. 45ACP with a bitchin, BITCHIN Leopold QCT illuminated tactical scope... since his family may or may not own Leupold Optics.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:that's a Parker......

Is that lever at the front of the stock to adjust trigger pressure?

I've seen that lever on double-barrels to swith the trigger between the two, which my left-handed buddy claims is a really sweet feature for lefties.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

On my Ithaca 20 ga, that lever unlatches the breech.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Makes sense.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:Is this a gun thread?

Is this one of those "universally accepted and acknowledged" T1B special spellings?
Dinsdale wrote: all manor of firearms.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Don't be silly -- it means "a house chock-full of guns."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My bad...sort of like a hole manor full of guns.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:My bad...

Next time, mind your manors, Rude-Boy.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Dinsdale wrote:
Felix wrote:that's a Parker......

Is that lever at the front of the stock to adjust trigger pressure?

I've seen that lever on double-barrels to swith the trigger between the two, which my left-handed buddy claims is a really sweet feature for lefties.
Nyah, it's just a conventional SxS- although, like Felix said, a fucking NICE one (rt-click,properties out front told me) CHE (C for model, H for hammerless, E for Ejectors) If memory serves, you're looking at aboot $6000-8000 for a 60% condition gun. Hard to tell from the picture, but it could be a single, selective trigger. Not sure how Parker Bros did it, but every other trigger selector I've ever seen was incorporated into the safety. All it does is select which barrel fires first, and you usually decide that by choke- firing the more open-choked barrel first and the tighter choked one second.

BTW, C&R stands for Curios & Relics. ALL Parkers happen to be C&R's... which is nice
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cuda wrote:Not sure how Parker Bros did it, but every other trigger selector I've ever seen was incorporated into the safety. All it does is select which barrel fires first, and you usually decide that by choke- firing the more open-choked barrel first and the tighter choked one second.

Yesterday, I was checking out my friend's reeeeeealllllly nice Baretta. As mentioned, being a lefty(actually, dude's a sick shot with either hand, be it longgun or handgun... kind of an otherwise worthless individual, but in the 20+ years I've known him, he's had a freakish talent for shooting), he's kind of picky when it comes to trigger setups. The Baretta(hand-carved stock, I believe, engraved stainless reciever and whatnot.... niiiiiice shotgun) has the lever the same place as the one Goobs posted, but it switches between barrels, since dude says that few companies, if any, make the double-trigger setup for lefties. Fire one side, switch the lever, and fire the other.

Quelle cool.

He's also got this crazy tactical shotgun(Binelli, maybe?) that has a button on the bottom of the pump, which switches it between pump and semi-auto(which is apprently useful in tactical shooting or policework).

Dude kinda went apeshit when buying prospective guns for the tactical shoots. And he was talking about maybe trading a couple of cheapies I have for an AR, which I believe is an Olympic frame with a Colt Reciever/barrel. Seems like a good deal, but I want other stuff before an AR. Also might be able to negosh a trade for a HK .40, forget which model... some sort of compact. I might have to do that one. Always been a big fan of HK.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

My bad.

After looking it up, a 60% CHE with fluid steel barrels would only run in the $3600 neighborhood.

To get up to the $6000 price range, you'd have to have a nearly 100% condition gun with damascus barrels
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

I've never owned a firearm, but ...

If I had me a shotgun, you know I'd blow you straight to hell.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

By the way, shouldn't that be the "XR1TrackMind" crew?

"Chew it!"
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dinsdale wrote:The Baretta

Looks like this --

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote: If I had me a shotgun, you know I'd blow you straight to hell.

But the train's put its brakes on...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cuda wrote: damascus barrels
ever seen what modern ammunition does to damascus barrels?

in my younger days I worked in the gunsmith shop of a local gun store.....a guy brought an old shotgun in to see if we could repair it....he said he's received it as an inheritance...he takes it out hunting phuzznuts using standard load shells....the first time he fired it, it blew out a three inch piece of the barrel...he was lucky he wasn't killed.....

too bad too, it was a high end Parker double barrel 12ga. with engraved receiver that would have been worth some money as a wall hanger....

fucking idiot.....
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

I was all set to purchase a Beretta last year for waterfowl until I fired my dad's Super Black Eagle. To be fair, the Beretta was still good, but the Benelli took it past good and great to downright fucking awesome. It is the only gun I'll use for ducks and geese now.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Dinsdale wrote:Yesterday, I was checking out my friend's reeeeeealllllly nice Baretta.
"And dat's the name of dat tune!"
Last edited by Mike the Lab Rat on Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:I've never owned a firearm, but ...

If I had me a shotgun, you know I'd blow you straight to hell.
Yeah, me either but

If I had a gun for every ace I've drawn
I could arm a town the size of Abilene
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Felix wrote:
Cuda wrote: damascus barrels
ever seen what modern ammunition does to damascus barrels?
Yeah. In Double Gun Journal a couple years ago, Sherman Bell did a series of articles in which he took several damascus guns with barrels in poor condition and tested them with increasingly hotter proof loads until he got a barrel failure. In even the worst of the barrels, it took something over 30,000 psi (i.e. well over 3 times the pressure produced by modern shells) to get one chamber to on one barrel to fail. Eventually, he had to resort to obstructing the barrels with wadding, cleaning patches, and mud to get them all to fail. A 20 gauge shell dropped in the chamber in front of a 12 gauge shell produced a pretty spectacular chamber failure, as did a barrel bored excessively thin and a shell loaded with a ridiculously huge volume of gunpowder.
in my younger days I worked in the gunsmith shop of a local gun store.....a guy brought an old shotgun in to see if we could repair it....he said he's received it as an inheritance...he takes it out hunting phuzznuts using standard load shells....the first time he fired it, it blew out a three inch piece of the barrel...he was lucky he wasn't killed.....

too bad too, it was a high end Parker double barrel 12ga. with engraved receiver that would have been worth some money as a wall hanger....

fucking idiot.....
In your younger days you were probably a much smarter liar too. Fact is, the Limeys still use century old, nitro-proofed damascus barrels to this day. Here's a hint for you, Feeldicks: don't try to bullshit somebody who knows more than you do; you'll get plungered every fucking time
Risa

Post by Risa »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Yesterday, I was checking out my friend's reeeeeealllllly nice Baretta.
"And dat's the name of dat tune!"
Damn, you old. Did you used to go to preschool with Mace?
on a short leash, apparently.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cuda wrote:barrel failure

So, a long time ago, in a lifetime far, far away...

A friend of mine had this buddy. They were teens at the time. Dude's parents had some cayshe, and dad was a big trap/skeet shooter. Mom and dad left for a few days, so kid and my friend decided it would be cool to borrow dad's shit and go shoot some skeet out in the woods. They get their yayas, and call it a day. Somehow, my bud's retarded friend leaves one in the pipe of dad's top-of-the-line Benelli skeet gun. As they're walking back to the car, dude trips, gun in hand, the barrel goes down into a mudpuddle, and **KAPOW**.

So, they've now got a Benelli that looks like it belongs to Elmer Fudd after a particularly heinous encounter with Bugs Bunny. Of course, being such responsible young men, they know they need to handle this before dad gets back, so off the the gun shop they go.

"HOW much?"

"That particular barrel... that's a nice one... comes in at about $2000, and I'll obviously have to order it."

So much for that plan.

So, it was decided that dad's pride and joy Benelli must mysteriously go missing, so the insurance can take care of it. And what better way to make a gun disappear and look stolen then to make sure it gets in the hands of a gangbanger?

And since mom and dad are gone, and they've got a booyah house for the week, why not score some drugs to try and salvage a positive out of the ordeal?

So, now that they've got it alllll figured out, out comes the hacksaw. Next stop -- the hood. So, they drive out to the thick of the seedy drug activity, and get ready to get their negotiation on. They stop, and within seconds, a young black man approaches, since he's pretty sure he knows what the drunk white boys are doing there. Dude steps to the window, and produces a very large handful of little bags of rocks.

"What you guys want?"

Dude reaches back behind the seat, pulls out the several thousand dollars worth of sawed-off Benelli, and says "well, I've got this."

Hood rat immediately starts screaming "NO MAN!!! Don't do me! I never did anything to you, I'm just trying to make a living out here!!!!"

Dude then procedes to throw the entire large handful of rock through the drivers window, screaming "please don't kill me!"

Of course, the star of the show is wasted, and now feels guilty, so he gets out, Benelli in hand, and starts chasing dude down, to set matters right.

"No, I wanna give this to you, man!"

I guess he never caught up to the guy.

And I guess they spent a rather buzzed couple of days.

I don't even remember how the ordeal with dad turned out.

That was a long time ago, and to this day, I can't hear the name Benelli without remembering hearing that story shortly afterwards, and laughing my fucking balls off.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cuda wrote:
In your younger days you were probably a much smarter liar too. Fact is, the Limeys still use century old, nitro-proofed damascus barrels to this day. Here's a hint for you, Feeldicks: don't try to bullshit somebody who knows more than you do; you'll get plungered every fucking time
you don't know shit so quit acting like you do......what purpose would be served by bullshitting about something like that....

take your fucking suppostions and stick them straight up your ass you useless fucking gene splice.....

btw: say the word and I'll hook you up with boatloads of articles by professionals that would indicate that you in fact, don't know what the fuck your talking about.....
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Felix wrote:
btw: say the word and I'll hook you up with boatloads of articles by professionals that would indicate that you in fact, don't know what the fuck your talking about.....
I've already read most of them- actually, it's all the same story. Invariably it has to do with some guy that a friend of a friend of a 3rd cousin-in-law claims to have heard about from a couple of other guys who knew some gunsmith... etc, etc...

I think I'll side with the scientific, documented evidence- that and a few thousand nitro proofed damascus guns in use both across the pond and here in the US of fucking A.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Not for nothing, but every freaking article I have ever read indicates that you should not fire modern ammo through a damascus barrel.
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

When CTRL-Cuda resumes lecturing us about stuff "across the pond", you can be sure he found a new Anglophile to stalk-btw
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cuda wrote:
I've already read most of them- actually, it's all the same story. Invariably it has to do with some guy that a friend of a friend of a 3rd cousin-in-law claims to have heard about from a couple of other guys who knew some gunsmith... etc, etc...
mine was first hand knowledge dimbulb.....I saw it with my own eyes....

and you do know that Damascus barrels produced before 1900 are different from the Damascus barrels produced after that.....you did know that didn't you?

you seem to labor under the delusion that I'm trying to impress the handful (maybe overstated) of people that could give a fat rats ass about this subject.....
I think I'll side with the scientific, documented evidence- that and a few thousand nitro proofed damascus guns in use both across the pond and here in the US of fucking A.
then I'll offer you the chance to prove your faith....

I've got an old Lefever 12 ga. damascus barrel shotgun sitting in my closet....

next time your up this way (Boise) I'll give you $200 to take it out and shoot a modern round through it.....

hell, I'd be willing to sacrifice the gun (which I paid about $400 for) and the $200 in cash just to watch you blow your fucking hand off..... :lol:

let me know.....
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Is there a way to blow off both of his hands? Having Cooter reduced to typing with a mouthstick would be a good thing. I’d chip in.

Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Cuda wrote:
Felix wrote:
Even so, it seems like boatloads of people know some idiot who was dumb enough to try shooting modern rounds through damascus barrels.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Felix wrote:
and you do know that Damascus barrels produced before 1900 are different from the Damascus barrels produced after that.....you did know that didn't you?
Yeah, they're... older. Otherwise they're no fucking different- or at least not fucking different enough to matter
you seem to labor under the delusion that I'm trying to impress the handful (maybe overstated) of people that could give a fat rats ass about this subject.....
I've long ago stopped trying to understand why people insist on posting bullshit long after they've been shown to be full of shit.

then I'll offer you the chance to prove your faith....

I've got an old Lefever 12 ga. damascus barrel shotgun sitting in my closet....

next time your up this way (Boise) I'll give you $200 to take it out and shoot a modern round through it.....

hell, I'd be willing to sacrifice the gun (which I paid about $400 for) and the $200 in cash just to watch you blow your fucking hand off..... :lol:

let me know.....
I have an old Parker GH with damascus barrels that I shoot every now & then. As long as there's no pitting or rust that can't be brushed out of the bores in the bores, I wouldn't hesitate to put a few boxes of shells through your Lefever. Errr... on second thought, that gun in your closet is a fucking accident & lawsuit waiting to happen. You'd better send it to me for proper disposition! Can't be too carefull, etc, etc...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cuda wrote:
I have an old Parker GH with damascus barrels that I shoot every now & then.
really.......and you haven't mentioned owning this $7,500 shotgun until now...your modesty is truly amazing.....

I'm betting it sits right next to the Churchill or is it next to the Purdey.....

either way, rack you and your fabulous shotgun collection....
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Cuda wrote:
Felix wrote:
Yeah, they're... older. Otherwise they're no fucking different- or at least not fucking different enough to matter
Well, that and different technique used to make it, but go right ahead and think you know what you are talking about.
Also, as a barrel ages, regardless of how or of what material it was made of, it will lose strength. Each time the gun is fired the barrel expands and contracts. Over time this weakens the barrel. So it is conceivable that one person can fire a modern shell through a damascus barrel and nothing will happen. Somebody else can do the same thing with a different gun and get their hands blown off.

You seem to be the type who will fire a shell through a damascus barrel and since nothing bad happened will conclude that it is perfectly okay to fire any modern ammo through any damascus barrel.