0-12U

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

0-12U

Post by Harvdog »

that sucks for you guys. Cheated to an 8-4 season.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Wow...

Portions of this came from self-enforcement, right?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Yes. From every report, OU was very cooperative with the NCAA. But then again, when they have you by the balls, you pretty much have to cooperate. :wink:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harvdog wrote:Yes. From every report, OU was very cooperative with the NCAA. But then again, when they have you by the balls, you pretty much have to cooperate. :wink:

listen to Harv, he's forgot more than most of us will ever know about other people's balls. :twisted:
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

OU fans have to be breathing a sigh of relief, got off pretty easy really.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

So I guess OU did not get screwed at Texas Tech then, we lost before we played that game, I feel so much better now. :meds:
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

RACK Beamer's av
Dreams......Temporary Madness
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I like the one with Leinart/Bush riding the bike and Mack sitting on the front porch.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Rack Bill Callahan. He now has a win over us fuckin' hillbillies. though, won't help his record against .500 teams.

;)
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

[quote="King Crimson"]Rack Bill Callahan. He now has a win over us fuckin' hillbillies. though, won't help his record against .500 teams.

;)[/quote

That would be crazy if it worked that way. Does this affect AP's stats from that season? Probably not but...
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Here's a Link to the story.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Ha! Wipe that crunch-time pick off the books!

Sin,

Brady Leaf
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Ha! Wipe that crunch-time pick off the books!

Sin,

Brady Leaf

i give the Ducks credit, you guys "not-lose" to us and then beat us any which way--at yer place. that's some serious "game".

8)
Last edited by King Crimson on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

I thought Oklahoma was already punished---last fall by the officiating crew in Eugene.

Can't wait for the ruling on ol' Reggie gettin'

a free house for his family from the guys on the SC sidelines during practices and games for two years... not to mention the limo rides for the folks at the Cal game. Jarrett/Leinart's apartment scandal...

I know for a fact JD booty's family flew out in a private plane for the rose bowl. amazing.

They're freaking out over at the $C board

... and "strangely" sympathetic.

http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1626

Stuff like:

"I wish that an alternative to the NCAA existed."

"The NCAA behaves like the Gestapo or worse the IRS. What is a program to do?"

Gawd, they're obnoxious.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

actually, it looks like OU will book a null-win, 4 loss season. Stoops record will reflect the absence of wins (8 subtracted), but not 8 additional losses.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

King Crimson wrote:actually, it looks like OU will book a null-win, 4 loss season. Stoops record will reflect the absence of wins (8 subtracted), but not 8 additional losses.
Yes, exactly right bro.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

read the new mandel column on cnnsi.com

he brings up the hypocrisy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blo ... t-usc.html
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

funny how threads about Oklahoma are being hijacked by SC haters.

OU is on probation and loses 2 football scholarships for 2 years, stoops gets 8 wins wiped of his resume but the school keeps the bowl money.
What doesnt make sense is why is the "handler" for the OU athletes at Big Red Motors made out to be such a demon and banned from having anything to do with the school for 4 years yet still employed by the Dealership? Wouldnt the Dealerships owners want this cheater off their payroll and thrown out of town? Unless the handler is just the patsie for the boosters behind the dealership
Last edited by SoCalTrjn on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

by all accounts, the "handler" was canned over a year ago and Big Red Motors has new ownership.

but, for your scenario, "wouldn't it be pretty to think so".
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Really? see what I get for listening to the pro-UCLA sports talk stations today
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

although the 2 scholarships and forfeited games may seem minor to some, I have a hard time accepting them as just.
This dealership wasnt tied to the school, the players didnt go to the schools employment center and get refered to Big Red Motors. It doesnt seem like a school should be penalized for something the school didnt do.
What happened to Auburn? the players there getting As for classes they never went to and from professors they wouldnt even recognize seems much more like something that should bring on school sanctions. didnt robert Smith state that he wanted to leave Ohio State because his coaches told him to skip class to go to football practice? again that sounds more like something the school should be responsible for.
The only way I can see this being a school issue is where the NCAA stated that this had been going on or years and involved other sports before the football team got drug in to it, that can be hear-say as well though.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

At least we know that after a healthy sabatacial, mTwat's hatred for USC still runs deep.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

SoCalTrjn wrote:The only way I can see this being a school issue is where the NCAA stated that this had been going on or years and involved other sports before the football team got drug in to it, that can be hear-say as well though.
Kelvin Sampson was not hear-say.
I believe the NCAA was still reeling on the "not-so-long-ago" visit about the phone calls. Isn't /wasn't OU on probation from that incident?
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Damn you Sooners can circle the covered wagons!!

This is a disgrace to the entire university! You guys should be soundly bashing your own. But as the leading myopians of this forum you refuse to handle this situation with any class. Anytime the record books are altered by punishments handed down is a dark day (I ought to know...UM hoops). You guys are talking about getting off easy, how Stoops' record will be effected, and the fucking Oregon game. Pull your heads out of your collective asses.

Whoever is responsible for the Big Red thing (and most of us know it's not just an employee or owner of a car lot) has brought a cloud of shame over the team, athletic department, university, alumni, and fans. You chuckle heads on here act like you got caught with your hands in the cookie jar. When records get erased it means you got caught CHEATING! Say the word fellas...C-H-E-A-T ....Cheat. I thought you could.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

SoCalTrjn wrote: What happened to Auburn? the players there getting As for classes they never went to and from professors they wouldnt even recognize seems much more like something that should bring on school sanctions. didnt robert Smith state that he wanted to leave Ohio State because his coaches told him to skip class to go to football practice? again that sounds more like something the school should be responsible for.
It was one sociology teacher. And most the students who receieved A's in his class w/o attending were just regular students. The head of the sociology dept blew the whistle on him. They fixed the situation and thus no sanctions.

Sociology, from what I gather, is a easy degree. Obviously this teacher didnt give a shit about teaching a shitty subject and just started handing out grades.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

WolverineSteve wrote: how Stoops' record will be effected
Harv brought it up in the thread title; as it turns out, incorrectly. using how Stoops record will be affected to illustrate how the 05 forfeits would apply is hardly the superficial gloss of the issues you seem to think. i don't see anyone making the grand apologetics you claim in this thread. "Blueblood" brought up the Oregon game.

this happened over a year ago, speaking only for myself as a Sooner....it seems natural that when the punishment is meted out....that would be what we would discuss not the original offenses which have been talked to death on Sooner boards, radio, etc.

relax.
Last edited by King Crimson on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I think the punishment fit the crime, when you have players getting paid by boosters you can't just say "you know those games a couple years ago that you won? Well technically they didn't happen". You have to at least take away the schollies those guys were on. Because OU was compliant with the NCAA you do just that, if they hadn't been then you do something that really hurts.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

let me see if I get this right....a couple of OU guys were scamming money from "jobs" they actually didn't work at.....the officials at OU find out and immediately kick the players to the curb, and now the NCAA decides that their wins will be "vacated" (wtf is that btw) and the Sooners lose two scholarships per year.....

the NCAA just proved themselves more irrelevant than ever...
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:
the NCAA just proved themselves more irrelevant than ever...

How? By basically sending the message that schools actually need to have oversight and be vigilant, rather than turning a blind eye(sup USC) then "self-reporting" when they think someone might get caught, and walking away scot-free for it?

I think the NCAA sent a great message to everyone about being proactive rather than reactive.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:

How? By basically sending the message that schools actually need to have oversight and be vigilant, rather than turning a blind eye(sup USC) then "self-reporting" when they think someone might get caught, and walking away scot-free for it?
you do know the scam jobs were set up in such a way as to deceive the OU people that oversee players employment don't you...

like I said, when the OU people found out about it they immediately pulled the players scholarships.....

what more could they have done?

and exactly what kind of punishment is "vacating" OU's wins? (that one still has me perplexed)
get out, get out while there's still time
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Really? see what I get for listening to the pro-UCLA sports talk stations today
Yea incorrect BS. The handler and the manager were canned within the week. I don't know what happened to the handler but I know the manager was run out of state to Denver.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

My only question is why if the bowl win is wiped out do they get to keep the cash? Not that I have a huge problem with it, but I would like to hear a reason from the NCAA.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

phewww... at least this doesn't involve:

<----

Sounds like a lack of institutional control to me, boys.

You got off easy.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:You got off easy.
You should hear the whining on local sports talk radio. Even the homer hosts are fed-up with the homers complaining on this one.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

BtH,

I understand about the split in the conference, but I was speaking about the cash OU put in the bank. I just think it is stupid to remove the wins, but to not ask for the cash back.

Also on further reflection I don't like the 0-4 record either. The games were played and should either be wins or losses, not non events.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Believe the Heupel wrote:And again, the NCAA can't ask for the cash back. They didn't give it in the first place. They could levy a fine for the amount of the bowl payout, I guess, but the money was given to OU by the Holiday Bowl, not the NCAA.
Isn't the money given to the conference first, who then divide it up among the member schools?

Maybe the Big XII should be demanding that money back.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Point is, they cheated...give back the dough.

CHEAT!! Look it up.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

generally the checks are to the school, the school then takes out the cost of the team getting to the Bowl game and then whats left they split up among all the other teams in the conference.