i-phone?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Jack
enigma

i-phone?

Post by Jack »

Has anyone bought one??

The iPhone costs $499 or $599, depending on the model, and requires a minimum two-year $60-a-month service plan with AT&T.

The iPhone's battery is apparently soldered on inside the device and cannot be swapped out.

Apple spokeswoman Jennifer Hakes said Thursday the company posted the battery replacement details on its Web site last Friday after the product went on sale.

Users would have to submit their iPhone to Apple for battery service. The service will cost users $79, plus $6.95 for shipping, and will take three business days.

The procedure is similar to the one it has for the company's best-selling iPod players, but because some users will not want to live without their cell phones, Apple is also offering a loaner iPhone for $29 while the gadget is under repair.

No, Thank you!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

2 words. virtual keyboard. that settles it for me.

I have to deal with virtual keyboards and touch screens every day. haven't seen one yet that works as good as a keypad.

they sux.

wouldn't want one if they were free.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I have a cell phone and that is enough--
I could see a few people needing all that stuff but for most I look at it as overkill--
just sayin'
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Wolfman's cell
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jack,

The key question would be, is it slim enough to fit up your ass along with your head?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

close Rack Fu -- close !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Caveman
Crack Whore

Post by Caveman »

Sure, I got one the day they came out, it is rightous. 8)
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

During the winter I spaced out and forgot that my car needed fuel to run and I ran out of gas at my fishing spot. It was cold as hell and I was in need of the wife to show up with a red can. I didn't have a cell so I looked around for a pay phone. I was near a boat launch and some sports fields...but there was no phone that I could find. I ended up borrowing some strangers cell phone and I got a hold of Mrs. Luth who chewed me out like a NBA dog fighting entrant.

You just don't see pay phones around anymore as everybody and their ugly girlfriend has a cell phone. So, I got lil Luth's old Verizon phone and I take it with me when I roll. I keep it on vibrate all the time and I had never got a phone call until the other day when I was at the theater. When the vibration went off in my pocket I thought I was having some form of neurological incident. Scared the bejesus out of me until I realized Mrs. Luth needed a loaf of bread.

For you business guys who need it--go for it. To get Internet access with the iphone, don't you need some type of network card and pay extra for the minutes? Seriously, if I ever thought I needed Internet access to post at this dump, WHILE I was fishing; then commit me now.

I'm going to look into investing some money into what Captain Bushice believes in. Telepathy. He has the ability to open up his mind and to let the thoughts just come in naturally. It doesn't cost anything, you're not effected by the weather, and there are no roaming charges. You don't have telepathy-waiting though. Caller thought ID is also extra.

Rip City
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

I gave Apple enough of my money this year when I bought a MacBook last week. The free iPod nano was just a bonus.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Rack Fu wrote:Image

Wolfman's cell
Is that the Zack Morris model?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Luther wrote:I'm going to look into investing some money into what Captain Bushice believes in. Telepathy. He has the ability to open up his mind and to let the thoughts just come in naturally. It doesn't cost anything, you're not effected by the weather, and there are no roaming charges. You don't have telepathy-waiting though. Caller thought ID is also extra.
I have a device based on telepathy that handles incoming calls at our house.

You have reached the McTuber residence. This is not an answering machine; it’s a thought-recording device. So think about your name and telephone number, and we’ll think about calling you back.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Luther's cell:

THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:Luther's cell:

FTFY
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Headhunter wrote:
Mike the Lab Rat wrote:Luther's cell:

FTFY
FTFTFY
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

I didn't get the memo that Friday was pile on an old guy day.

Since it is Friday, I'll let it go. It is the last day of the work week for us. Uh, oh wait. I forgot, you guys have jobs and I don't.

I either will hit a matinee or maybe take a nappy later today. You guys work hard now and make your families proud.

Rip City
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Nah, the cans are too high tech for Luth.

This is Luth's cell phone
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

There goes the Alzheimer's kicking in again...

None of us work. We post here. Our bosses think we work. So do our wives and children. IP logs show a different story.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

War Wagon reacts to less-than-satisfactory cell reception:

King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Luther wrote:I didn't get the memo that Friday was pile on an old guy day.

Since it is Friday, I'll let it go. It is the last day of the work week for us. Uh, oh wait. I forgot, you guys have jobs and I don't.

I either will hit a matinee or maybe take a nappy later today. You guys work hard now and make your families proud.

Rip City
There was no memo. Bushice thought it to all of us. Did you check your telepathy mail?
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

I did get a note on my windshield tho.

Sin,

IndyClown neighbor

Rip City
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Don't buy one!!!

Two of my best friends own the Verizon stores in the area and they basically told all of us not to purchase them.

You can't get insurance on them, they are very fragile, and the networks they are going to be working off of during the initial phases of the launch are not up to standards.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Luther wrote:I will hit a nappy later today.
In a mvscal or TiC sense?
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I'm having a hard time seeing where I'll ever have a need for the iPhone's features at their outrageous prices. My Verizon phone allows me to take pictures, shoot video, have web access, play mp3s/video and all for 400 dollars less than an iPhone.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Two minutes to download a webpage with 3rd party e-mail

Yahoo.com 2 min

E-mail log in 2 min

E-mail page 2 min

Read E-mail page 2 min

response page 2 min

send response 2 min

next e-mail........

Hmmmmmm

12 minutes for 1 e-mail

If you have an hour or ten you can run smack at Dinsdale at this website....
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Two of my best friends own the Verizon stores in the area and they basically told all of us not to purchase them.
~SHOCKER~
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's weird -- most people who have a real need for digital cameras, mobile e-mail, and that sort of thing...

have these things called "laptops," which have wireless cards, and own these things called "cameras," that have occasionally been known to take decent pictures.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Mikey wrote:
Luther wrote:I didn't get the memo that Friday was pile on an old guy day.

Rip City
There was no memo. Bushice thought it to all of us. Did you check your telepathy mail?
I thought I made myself clear.
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

Dinsdale wrote:It's weird -- most people who have a real need for digital cameras, mobile e-mail, and that sort of thing...
have these things called "laptops," which have wireless cards, and own these things called "cameras," that have occasionally been known to take decent pictures.
Even Greg Oden?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Greggy has been posting to his blog on his laptop. Guy's alreadygot chat-buddies all over town, and has publicly requested that if anyone notices him in public(he's already walked to dinners and whatnot, and showed up to his welcome party on MAX, the commuter train), that they should walk up and give him a chance to shake their hand and introduce himself, since he's new in town. He's already stated he "wants to meet everybody. What a stud.

In most civilized places, wireless internet is available. Then, in the ubercivilized places, they told the courts to "shove your ruling," and implimented free wireless municipal internet anyway.

Best Greg Oden quote to date -- after the draft in NYC, when asked what he liked best about Portland in his brief time there, Oden replied "It's not New York."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

shutyomouth just tele-spammed my whole first page with scat pics.

WHAT NOW, STEVE JOBS, you ASSSSSSS!!!???!!!
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

PSU, now look at what you've done. Pretty soon _______________ will come in here and copy your post. He'll then go over to ____________________ and send ____________________ this post, trying to get ____________________ and you into a war.

Fill in the blanks and get plenty of rest and liquids. Also, renew your anti-virus.

Rip City
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Two of my best friends own the Verizon stores in the area and they basically told all of us not to purchase them.
~SHOCKER~
Iphone wanted to use Verizon's networks for the phones and ofcourse erizon turned them down.

They still know the specs on the phone.

They have never had a problem recommending a service from another provider before to us so I'll take their word for it..
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:Image

Wolfman's cell
Is that the Zack Morris model?

RACK