Strategy Racing

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Strategy Racing

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Ok, I don't want to take anything away from Montoya and his gutsy victory but racing is racing. I love the race in Sanoma; its one of my favs for the year, but NASCAR fucked this race up by reducing the fuel cells and making this race all about strategy. This race would have been much more entertaining had it not been for guys running out of gas on the final laps. If the cars had those 3 extra gallons like last year, then the best car and driver would have won. That was a shitty ending to a good race IMO.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
rozy
Cowboy

Re: Strategy Racing

Post by rozy »

RumpleForeskin wrote:then the best car and driver, Robbie Gordon, would have won by at least 5 seconds. That was a shitty ending to a good race IMO.
Yep, nice win for Montoya but everyone knew they couldn't run with Gordon sunday. I too hate fuel strategy races. Unless of course it is my driver that wins. :mrgreen:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

You don't see much passing on road courses so the only way to make it entertaining is to force pit stops.

Then again my driver won.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Atomic Punk wrote:You don't see much passing on road courses
True, but people can pass (see Tony Stewart on lap 1 spinning out of control and losing 12 spots and then coming back). That is why that race is one of my favs b/c THE best driver wins that race.

Gordon was nails in that race and he got completely fucked b/c of the fewer fuel cells.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Gordon was nails in that race and he got completely fucked b/c of the fewer fuel cells.
Gordon went from 41st to 7th. How the fuck did he get screwed by the fuel cells?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Robby Gordon
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Robby Gordon
I'm sorry. I thought you were talking about somebody worth a damn. Perhaps Robby would have gotten better mileage had he not left the flaps on his vagina wide open during the race. God knows how much drag that must have caused. Not to mention all the loose sand that apparently got all caught up in there.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown