Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Face.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

1. ODEN. DEFINITELY going to be a GREAT NBA center.

2. DURANT. POSSIBLY going to be the GREATEST player to EVER play the game.

3. TRADE pick for SAM BOWIE.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

#2...maybe the dumbest statement uttered here ever!

I cannot lie, when the Blazers got the pick I thought of Dins...not in a gay way, but in a "how will he convince everyone that the Blazers will be a team to reckon with for the next 1.5 decades" way. No doubt that with the bevvy of talent already adorning the guys in whatever and black they're wearing this year (a uni switch to go with the "new direction" is coming soon, hopefully nothing involving Nike's input). But a 10,000 word essay on the future of the favs of the Rose Garden faithful cannot be far off.

Congrats P-town.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I, too, thought of Dins immediately. You're in our collective domes, ese. Guess the Blazers will find themselves on national TV again, and not just because they happen to be playing Kobe or LeBron.

OUMO, did you see the article in the Sporting News about the Celtics losing in the Tim Duncan stakes, and the dynasty that never was? Good stuff. http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/
why is my neighborhood on fire
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Roy, Aldridge, now with Oden more than likely...wow

now if they can get rid of Miles...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Andy Katz mock draft:

1. Portland: Greg Oden, Ohio State
2. Seattle: Kevin Durant, Texas
3. Atlanta: Brandan Wright, North Carolina
4. Memphis: Al Horford, Florida
5. Boston: Yi Jianlian, Guandong Tigers
6. Milwaukee: Mike Conley, Ohio State
7. Minnesota: Corey Brewer, Florida
8. Charlotte: Joakim Noah, Florida
9. Chicago: Spencer Hawes, Washington
10 Sacramento: Jeff Green, Georgetown
11. Atlanta: Acie Law, Texas A&M
12. Philadelphia: Julian Wright, Kansas
13. New Orleans: Al Thornton, Florida State
14. L.A. Clippers: Jason Smith, Colorado State

I'd be quite happy to see the Bucks take Conley Jr.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:the guys in whatever and black they're wearing this year (a uni switch to go with the "new direction" is coming soon, hopefully nothing involving Nike's input).

You must be confusing the Blazer for YOUR team. MY team still wears the same colors, with about the same logo as they did when they first stepped on the floor 37 years ago. Sometimes it's red road unis, sometimes it's black, but they colors have never changed.

Red Hot and Rolling, baby.

And Nike and the Blazers have never once had any deal between them...they don't get along. Blazers used to be Avia, but have no team endorsement that I know of at present.

RACK justice, as much was delivered yesterday. I don't want to hear any whining, since last year, the Blazers had the most lottery balls, and ended up with the 4th pick, and had to make trades to get the players they wanted...which they did.

There were two teams that were blatantly tanking games for lottery balls. Those teams got screwed. Two teams that fought until the last minute of the season, and never even hatched a thought about losing got 1 and 2...justice.

My phone hasn't stopped ringing. Everyone is still in shock. We freaking deserved this.

I think the city council is already having discussions about changing the name of a major street to Oden Avenue. And since Oldman was already heading out this way to discuss how many trillions of dollars they're going to be giving him. He won't have to travel to his "second-job." They can build him his own office next to Jordan's (which nopw resides in the "Jordan Wing"...dude's got his own hallway.

I guess that whole "try to trade up with Zach" deal is off(was obviously in the works). Seattle had some good fortune, and hopefully can't retain Rashard Lewis' services(got a little logjam at small forward now). They can roll out Zach, Ray Allen, and Durant for some W's. We'll go with Oden, Aldridge, Rashard, ROY, and one-of-the-guys-with-two-first-names, Jarrett Jack. Spelled by Pryzbilla, Udoka(poor man's Jerome Kersey), Sergio, and Martell Webster.

Freaking sick lineup.

Let's see -- got screwed in the lottery last year, but somehow got everyone to take our junk, and ended up with 4 first round picks. With those, got the 2 best players in the draft(thanks Toronto) and a should-have-been-lottery-pick(Rodriguez). This year, getting the best player.

The rest of the NBA is officially put on notice. You people are in deep shit. The Duncan Era will segue nicely into the "Holy Shit, how did they get all of those guys?" era.

The Dynasty has begun.

The proudest franchise in all of sport is ghoing to have a reason to be proud again.

Now, we just need to get a president, so the club can quit being run by pencil-pushers, and be under control of someone who actually knows basketball.

Season ticket sales are already going nuts, from what I hear. All of a sudden, those nosebleeders for $149 for the season ain't sounding so bad(see how long that deal sticks around now...the problem with pencil-pushing management is their ability to smell blood in the water when they think they can make $0.50 extra).

Happy freaking day in the U&L. Even our Bitch To The North had a great day, too.

And I'm sure Greggy Oden is thrilled he didn't have to go to Memphis or Aingeland...couldn't have picked a better place to go become as big a name as humanly possible. Nowhere to go but up.

"With the first pick in the 2007 NBA draft, the Portland Trailblazers select Greg Oden, THE Ohio State University." These are the last sounds you will hear before your heart is torn from your chest, NBA fans.

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:The proudest franchise in all of sport
I guffawed.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:The proudest franchise in all of sport
I guffawed.
tears....
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

WOW...Dins actually going with all caps on THE Ohio State University...

big boy better pan out or the U & L will put shower rod companies out of business...
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

WolverineSteve wrote:#2...maybe the dumbest statement uttered here ever!
Well I think an argument can be made that he was possibly the greatest 18 year old ever to play the game. He's on the short list. Sabonis, James, Durant . . . who else? At 18?
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:
Well I think an argument can be made that he was possibly the greatest 18 year old ever to play the game. He's on the short list. Sabonis, James, Durant . . . who else? At 18?
Nice back pedal.But I'll play. One could name a dozen or so players in the past deade or so that could claim this honor. Remember when they were allowed to jump straight to the pro's. Many dudes had NBA ready talent....many do not pan out however.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:One could name a dozen or so players in the past deade or so that could claim this honor. Remember when they were allowed to jump straight to the pro's. Many dudes had NBA ready talent....many do not pan out however.
AriusMilesSaysWhat?
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

WolverineSteve wrote:
Q, West Coast Style wrote:
Nice back pedal.But I'll play. One could name a dozen or so players in the past deade or so that could claim this honor. Remember when they were allowed to jump straight to the pro's. Many dudes had NBA ready talent....many do not pan out however.
Back pedal? From what? Why are trying to straw man me? Jealous? Pissed about the Wings? GFY 'Zers #1 pick.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

A back pedal from point #2 in your first attempt. Remember the line...Maybe the greatest player ever. Pure ignorance.

Props to the Ducks though.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

This guy's got Durant going first...maybe he is the greatest ever.

hahahahahahahahah

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Di ... Mock_Draft
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The problem for GM Kevin Pitchard, is that if he drafts Durant, an angry mob will form and hang him in the public square.

ROY already let the cat out of the bag, anyway. Not sure he was soppsed to do that, but he kindasorta did.

And it's ROY's team, so he and the fans will get their way. Bank on it.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I, too, thought of Dins immediately. You're in our collective domes, ese. Guess the Blazers will find themselves on national TV again, and not just because they happen to be playing Kobe or LeBron.

OUMO, did you see the article in the Sporting News about the Celtics losing in the Tim Duncan stakes, and the dynasty that never was? Good stuff. http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/
Love The Sporting News though I have had problems getteing my mags of late. The Celtic franchise is in total disarray, I think I am I the only fan of them left in Oklahoma.

Starting to think that Red was the whole backbone of the Celtic organization. :cry:
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

WolverineSteve wrote:This guy's got Durant going first...maybe he is the greatest ever.

hahahahahahahahah

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Di ... Mock_Draft
Some one might want to let him know that Hibbert’s staying in school.