New Meat Puppets

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Donovan
Big In Japan

New Meat Puppets

Post by Donovan »

I was pleasantly surprised to hear there would be new Dinosaur Jr and Buffalo Tom albums this year, but this blows me away. I'm downloading it now and I'll share it soon. All I can say is I hope it doesn't suck.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?cwgjmtbm3t7
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

leary, but they say Bostrum picked the new drummer? i'm just glad Chris isn't dead. I'd heard some bad things in teh late 90's from someone who kinda knew.

thanks for that D.

edit: should say Kirk.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Bostrom was cool as a character, but the thing is - the MPs can be the MPs without him. Not without both of the brothers, though.

Thanks for the link.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Now - Bostrom has maintained meatpuppets.com for quite some time - and it's a fine blog. However, those who type that looking for current info about the band, the reunion, etc., are shit out of luck. There are recent posts, but no a word about what's been happening lately.

That doesn't seem right to me.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

sounds pretty good so far - rather low-strung
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

i feel old luckilyu those fuckers are olders than i and i dont feel too old anymore.

i remember times when the choice of the night was to go to sara bonds boondocker or check out the puppets at long wongs. most of the time we did bothe, and i have a juvenile dui report card sto probve it. mostly i went to se them when we figureed we could snake our way in and get beer. if not, my jewish buddy always hooked us up with witne coolers on the sabbath. or something.

illbuyu the album, wont see their live gig if it comes around here. if they and i are once again aligned in the phoexixs desert and the suns wint it all and my wife starts gi ving me blowjobs again. then im all up in the sun./ or not. im pretty sure the dinosaur jr recored shoudl make me feel old as well. but i would see the m live and because i havent alredy seen them fourty time. s

go suns and brewers
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

saw the puppies tonight/last night in Boulder at the Fox Theater. pretty good show. the high points were (for me) Lost, Up on the Sun, Plateau etc. but, having listened to the new one a couple times thanks to Donovan, that material was good as well. but, nostalgia was mos def inna hizzouse.

saw a lot of people i haven't seen in years. and they are getting old....;)

mixed reviews on the new drummer, he was fine but it still didn't seem quite right. somehow.

a reasonably priced show at 15 bones at a solid venue, big adoring crowd, and the typical Fox hose job on the beer: 4.50 pints in the 14.5 oz "pint" glasses. fuckers.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Well...gotta say, after a good couple of listens...pretty lackluster stuff, IMO. It's cool Chris was able to do it, but...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

PSUFAN wrote:Well...gotta say, after a good couple of listens...pretty lackluster stuff, IMO. It's cool Chris was able to do it, but...
i disagree, it's not Puppies II or Up on the Sun....it's a decent record. not great, but it's better and has more soul than Monster.