Rules Question

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Rules Question

Post by indyfrisco »

Our club pro puts a little rules quiz in each monthly newsletter. Here's this month's:

The balls of A and B are in the same heel mark in a bunker. B's ball is farther fromthe hole. A lifts his ball under Rule 22-2, and B plays and obliterates the heel mark. What should A do?

Here's the answer I sent him. Been awhile since I cracked open a rule book.

After B plays and obliterates the heel mark, B player must rake his sand divot. Player A then PLACES his ball in the bunker in the same spot it once was, no closer to the hole without penalty. How close am I? Been 10 years since I read a rule book.

I will post the pro's reply once he emails back.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

It sounds like your answer is correct to me.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Here's the answer.

Under Rule 20-3b, A is required to re-create his original lie as nearly as possible, including the heel mark, and place his ball in that lie.

http://www.usga.org/playing/rules/books ... ml#20-3b/1
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Damn. Don't take the fun out of it.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Yeah, way to go there, bri.

Well, if SOMEONE wouldn't have ruined it, I would have guessed you to be correct, IF.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Ken wrote:Yeah, way to go there, bri.

Well, if SOMEONE wouldn't have ruined it, I would have guessed you to be correct, IF.
Just let it go Ken.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I would have gone looking for the fat little fuck that left the heel mark there in the first place, and beat him savagely about the face and neck with an 85° flesh wedge.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:I would have gone looking for the fat little fuck that left the heel mark there in the first place.......
definitely UNRACK douchebags that fail to rake traps.......

one notch below douchebags that fail to REPAIR BALL MARKS on the green.......

both should be executed.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:and beat him savagely about the face and neck with an 85° flesh wedge.

I'd say a fat little fuck's face and neck is probably more like a 6 iron.

Sin,
Ken

Felix wrote: one notch below douchebags that fail to REPAIR BALL MARKS on the green.......

both should be executed.....

A serious pet peeve of mine.

It's one thing when etiquette is breeched by a newby who doesn't know any better. It takes some time to learn all of the dos and don'ts, and when you hit a muni you need to expect some of that. But, you can't tell me that you're leaving 1" deep ball marks in the greens your forst few times out...nuh-uh. If you're leaving lawn-dart marks on the greens, I'm thinking you've logged a round or two on the links in your lifetime. Which to me says that leaving balls marks is just willful ignorance, saying "fuck you" to everyone behind you. 'Round these parts, greens can be fairly soft in springtime, and get marked up a little. And you can't tell me it's the skull-it-every-shot hacks that are leaving those marks.

Heck, if I leave a ballmark(which I'd love to say was on every green, but that might be stretching it a bit), I fix at least 2, usually 3. And a couple of my regular golf buds are borderline-anal about it, and patrol the entire green while awaiting their putt, fixing every mark they see. It's a pity that there's any extras to fix in the first place. Although I think one of said buds might do it more to show off his uber-cool switchblade green tool that he stole out of his folk's cart...talk about your style-points.

And it never fails to shock me how very experienced players can still have no idea about the proper way to fix a green. I swear that there's instructions on the bulliten board of every clubhouse I've ever been in...don't pry up on the roots, dumbass.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:A serious pet peeve of mine.

It's one thing when etiquette is breeched by a newby who doesn't know any better. It takes some time to learn all of the dos and don'ts, and when you hit a muni you need to expect some of that. But, you can't tell me that you're leaving 1" deep ball marks in the greens your forst few times out...nuh-uh. If you're leaving lawn-dart marks on the greens, I'm thinking you've logged a round or two on the links in your lifetime. Which to me says that leaving balls marks is just willful ignorance, saying "fuck you" to everyone behind you. 'Round these parts, greens can be fairly soft in springtime, and get marked up a little. And you can't tell me it's the skull-it-every-shot hacks that are leaving those marks.

Heck, if I leave a ballmark(which I'd love to say was on every green, but that might be stretching it a bit), I fix at least 2, usually 3. And a couple of my regular golf buds are borderline-anal about it, and patrol the entire green while awaiting their putt, fixing every mark they see. It's a pity that there's any extras to fix in the first place. Although I think one of said buds might do it more to show off his uber-cool switchblade green tool that he stole out of his folk's cart...talk about your style-points.

And it never fails to shock me how very experienced players can still have no idea about the proper way to fix a green. I swear that there's instructions on the bulliten board of every clubhouse I've ever been in...don't pry up on the roots, dumbass.
Amen.

And let me add that if course marshals/rangers were as concerned with green and bunker care as they are with slow play, you wouldn't have half the unrepaired ball marks and unraked traps. Just a little policing would go a long way towards building the right habits.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I can't stand it when there are sunflower seed shells on the greens. Or chew or cig butts. Come the fuck on.

And while I HATE rubber spikes with a passion, I must say the lack of spike marks in recent years has made for much nicer putting surfaces. I can count on slipping at least once though on my swing per round though with these shitty plastirubber spikes.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:I HATE rubber spikes with a passion
I don't quite hate them, but with the "agressive" swing, I rip them right the heck out of the soles. And my POS Greatest Shoes Ever, From The Greatest Place To Be From, blew out the air-sole last time out. Still work fine, but the air leak gets old.

Usually around here, by misummer, the ground gets so hard that soft spikes don't offer a whole lot more than tennyshoes. Except for the "familiarity" thing. A lot of courses don't let you use hard spikes in summer(some never), so I often go with regular tennis/hoops shoes, dependent on some things, mostly the course and its soil.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:I can't stand it when there are sunflower seed shells on the greens. Or chew or cig butts. Come the fuck on.
sunflower seeds are the sux......
And while I HATE rubber spikes with a passion, I must say the lack of spike marks in recent years has made for much nicer putting surfaces. I can count on slipping at least once though on my swing per round though with these shitty plastirubber spikes.
then your using the wrong spikes......

Black Widow soft spikes......better than metal by a long ways

IMHO, soft-spikes are the greatest inovation in golf in the last 20 years......
(they were invented by a guy from Boise you know-nice guy but I hate him now because he's rich)
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Felix,

I use the black widows. I still prefer the tungston metal spikes.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:IMHO, soft-spikes are the greatest inovation in golf in the last 20 years......

Yeah, to heck with those titanium drivers.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:Felix,

having played on both, I can say I much prefer 7 3/8 inch rubber spikes as opposed to 1 5/8 inch metal spike.....

personal preference I guess.......
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:
Felix wrote:IMHO, soft-spikes are the greatest inovation in golf in the last 20 years......

Yeah, to heck with those titanium drivers.
soft spikes have improved the game for everybody by making the putting surfaces so much better.........

titanium drivers have improved the distance people can hit the ball...that's it.....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:titanium drivers have improved the distance people can slice the ball...that's it.....
FTFY

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Felix wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Felix,

having played on both, I can say I much prefer 7 3/8 inch rubber spikes as opposed to 1 5/8 inch metal spike.....

personal preference I guess.......
Sounds like the dude that says it's not how long it is it's how you use it. ;)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Instead of merely going one fairway to the right, titanium allows us to get it a full two fairways over, both enhancing the value one gets when renting the course, and that added distance right often gives you more room to get over the trees, back into your own fairway.

RACK titanium.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:
fortunately that's never been a problem for me...... :lol:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Felix wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
Prove it.

- ILII
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Felix wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
Prove it.

- ILII
you're a sick bastige.....

but here's a pic of my gigantic cock......