Bama Gonna Snatch Big 12 QB?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

If 'Bama gets him you wouldn't have snatched from Nebraska, he's Missouri's to lose.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

....ease up Husker, Cally offered him.

no reason to bag on Mizzou (except their D sucks and Pinkel is a blublocker wearing puppet show clock management disaster goofball).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I've been hearing the same thing KC, Mizzou's to lose.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

sure, i just wanted to rag on Pinkel. and Cally did offer.

all i'm sayin.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

If Mizzou loses this kid I'll be very surprised. That said Blane should go to Bama or NU. Mizzou offense will let him put up big numbers but won't prepare him for the NFL like Bama or NU will.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i'll be honest, i'm not sure gabbert fits the offense.

there are other qb's in state who actually might be better choices.

if your a gunslinger, mizzou isnt a bad gig, you redshirt one year and the job as a frosh is yours to throw,throw, mutha fucka throw, till your hearts contempt.

they have solid core of speedy wr. quality in backfield, etc.

who knows, its funny, gabbert was touted as #1 qb by rivals last year, now all of a sudden because he plays in Missouri, not in the football factories, he's a 4 star. the star system is a fucking joke.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

I thought Gabbert was going to be a 5 in rivals? I think they list him as the #3 QB
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

King Crimson wrote:....ease up Husker, Cally offered him.

no reason to bag on Mizzou (except their D sucks and Pinkel is a blublocker wearing puppet show clock management disaster goofball).
Yeah, I'd know that he's been offered, jus' that I didn't hear glowing reports from his spring game visit and those around him mentioned he seemed too distant to be serious about NU. Also that he was uncomfortable with all the kids asking for autographs.

Everything I've read is he'll be a 5* per rivals.

Adel, you think he's too much a pocket guy? Doesn't roll well?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

thie is Pinkel's big year. Daniel will light it up, Rucker and Temple are back, they get Nebraska, Tech, A&M, and Kansas in Columbia.....this is the chance to take the big boy step coming off a bowl game in which they were underdogs and *should* have won.

I'd say a good year could put Mizzou in the Alamo/even Cotton territory (though both bowls will always take Tech or ATM if it's ever equal--which is lame Texas stuff that really subverts the "integrity" of the bowl system).

edit: i see now the KU game is at Arrowhead. and at least there are some BCS schools in the MU noncon this year, albeit bottom feeders Illinois and Ole Miss.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

I actually heard some news on Gabbert today, may be leaning toward NU now.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

gabbert and others in state will go as MU goes

MU wins they stay home. they flounder late as they do under pinkel, they go to big10 or other schools

plentiful talent in missouri this year. like i said, should be 4-6 kids 4 star. couple from st.louis area, where MU has allowed big10 schools to walk in and take what they want. the tv contract and no tv had a lot to do with that. seems every fuckin big10 game is on some station.

winning solves a lot
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

as long as i've been following the Big 8 Missouri, recruiting the KC area, have always been associated with the phrase "sleeping giant".
"
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Nope, committed to Nebraska
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Frank Beamer's growth wrote:Nope, committed to Nebraska
He said Shawn Watson played a significant role on his decision as well as NU's tradition, facilities and the 4 OL studs that have verballed, didn't hurt either.

I don't get to hyped with H.S. players, but I happened to check out is rival clips yesterday (before he commited) ~ karma, ~ and this young man can throw that thing a long way with great accuracy and has very good escapability. 6-5 229 and runs 4.56.

Thanks Missouri!
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Kid has a gun and the attitude, be interesting to see how he pans out.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Cornhusker wrote:
He said Shawn Watson played a significant role on his decision
The only way Shawn Watson should factor into anybody's decision to attend a particular school is if you're giving the recruit a 100% guarantee that Watson will have absolutely nothing to do with playcalling duties during the 4-5 years said recruit spends at your school.
"Keys, woman!"
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:
He said Shawn Watson played a significant role on his decision
The only way Shawn Watson should factor into anybody's decision to attend a particular school is if you're giving the recruit a 100% guarantee that Watson will have absolutely nothing to do with playcalling duties during the 4-5 years said recruit spends at your school.
Funny thing how people here clamor they'd rather have Watson do the play calling. Based largely on 62-36. Honestly, he can't be much worse than some of the crap Callahan calls.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

as an impartial observer and ticket holder during the Watson years.....i was never impressed with the guy.

he likes to see himself as a WCO rocket scientist type (fits right in with Cally's i'll outsmart them! approach)....but his best teams were bruisers on the OL and Chris Brown and Bobby Purify as a power/speed tandem.

Granted, he never had much at the QB position. a hurt, cranky Craig Ochs, JUCO Pesavento, Robert Hodge*, and J. Klatt who was never the same after a shoulder injury. good player but the deep ball just wasn't there (see his debut against CSU, 03?) at least Klatt had a gun his first year but was always a statue in the pocket.

* Hodge, while a bit undersized, was a sneaky run-pass guy...at least billed as such when he came in. more run than pass as it turned out. i NEVER understood why they never tried to get him on the corner with a trailing Purify....that year. instead, the Barney-Watson brain trust kept him in the pocket. But there's a lot of things i didn't understand about Barney's decisions/gameplanning. completely wasted kid who was a fullback, was the first taken in the NFL at the position year before last....forget his name. good player. was going to move Brian Calhoun to WR, ?

Barney loved to win ugly, field position games. and he was pretty good at it given the middle of the conference talent he had most years after Rick's NFL talent on the OL (Victor Rodgers, Guorode, etc.) and Graham at TE graduated in 01. and he got a bad break when the 5 star tandem of Ochs and Marcus Houston (who WAS really good before he got hurt).....both didn't pan out.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

King Crimson wrote:completely wasted kid who was a fullback, was the first taken in the NFL at the position year before last....forget his name. good player.
Lawrence Vickers.

And you're pretty much dead-on with your assessment of Barnett and Watson's chronic underutilization of the already limited talent pool CU had. I was worried they were going to do the same thing with B Jax. At least Hawkins seems to realize who his playmakers are...
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that's right, Vickers. I also thought that Daniel Jolly kid who transferred to Texas State or somewhere had a chance to be a good player but was clearly buried in the depth chart "for some reason".

i went to the CU spring game, and what i saw looked about like a 4-5 win team given the schedule--FSU, OU, MU, NU at home gives the Buffs a shot....but, realistically, they won't be favored in any of those games. and the "peer" conference opponents they would need to beat for 6 wins are all on the road. again, not favored in many--KSU, ISU, Baylor, etc.

5 wins and Cody Hawkins making it through the season without getting hurt would be the high watermark, IMO. at least Cody gives you a chance to convert a 3rd down in the air.

Jackson will make some plays this year. but, hard to know what else to expect from them on O. OL is still so thin. and no real WR's unless the freshmen produce. Charles is kind of mystery to me. Looks great sometimes, ineffective at others. i thought the Perez kid they lost to grades (saw him in last years fall scrimmage in Folsom) was a big loss. he was a beast.

JMO.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Cornhusker wrote:
Frank Beamer's growth wrote:Nope, committed to Nebraska
He said Shawn Watson played a significant role on his decision as well as NU's tradition, facilities and the 4 OL studs that have verballed, didn't hurt either.

I don't get to hyped with H.S. players, but I happened to check out is rival clips yesterday (before he commited) ~ karma, ~ and this young man can throw that thing a long way with great accuracy and has very good escapability. 6-5 229 and runs 4.56.

Thanks Missouri!
Sucks for Pinkel to let a guy like this get out of the state to freaking Nebraska. Mizzou is supposed to have a big year with a pretty-loaded O and a D that can only get better. Now Pinkel needs even-more to finally deliver a team that makes waves.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

as i have posted on mu board, gabbert was not life or death for MU

there is plenty of talent at qb in the state, and the qb position wont be too hard to sell to other kids. you redshirt, then its yours.

also, picking nebraska over bama proves gabbert is letting some clown in his family make the decisions. Bamas program will be fighting for a national title in 3-6 years. Nebraska wont see a title bid in 10-15 years. Saban is one of best coaches in cfb, bar none, he's the real deal, pro football was a bad decision, and he realized it.

to me, this was between bama and nebraska for months, and he made a bad choice. oh well, his loss, not MU's. they will get a qb, as 4 are already interested, a perfect situation for any qb at MU. excellent wr's with stud te's, and solid rb's. you will succeed at the qb position there, if your good enough.

atleast the kid made an early choice and didnt keep MU waiting.

plenty of talent in state this year, should be 4-6 4star kids. with some bordering 4 stars. so no loss, if he doesnt get a TE and a qb or 2, then the class is doomed

a good scoop for nebraska, but he made a bad choice.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Bama has a good shot but they signed a pretty good one in Fanuzzi this past year. I have Gabbert as the 4th best QB in this year's class.

1 Terrel Pryor
2 EJ Manuel
3 Dayne Crist
4 Gabbert
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

KC

i know you bring up how many people think MU could be a super sleeping giant.

problem is, tards from KC run the program, and one incident could basically sum up the program.

MU got tony vanzant, the #1 kid in highschool football, not #1 rb, but best in highschool, he chooses his state school and blows his knee out in a highschool allstar game. the rest is history. the epitomy of MU football.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

um, adel?

Please to explain how "tards from KC run the program" and then how said tards are responsible for VanZant blowing his knee out.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

interesting rumor

Mizzou to play mihcigan in ann arbor in 2008. MU has an open spot on the roster.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

hmmph.

No explanation forthcoming, just frothy accusations.

The next time you get the urge to type stupid shit like that, just save it.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

War Wagon wrote:hmmph.

Should have been in the college baseball forum the last three years as Mizzou was on their way to a string of titles ala Texass and SUC...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

the part about vanzant was used incorrectly in the ks tards running program paragraph. it was meant to be part of the 2nd paragraph, and how unlucky they were. The kctards running the program is factual and the results speak loud as fuck.

the kctards who run the program are a main reason its a joke of a program. years and years of enjoying losing games, as long as they were out of the stadium by halftime and able to find a table at shakespeares or harpos. MU football is what it is. 3/4 of state dont give a fuck, its a speed bump till rams and chiefs football. I dont feel that way, but sadly many do, and its a cool thing to do, go tailgate, yet never enter the stadium, or when losing chant,"harpos"

:meds: :meds: :meds:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

Should have been in the college baseball forum the last three years as Mizzou was on their way to a string of titles ala Texass and SUC...
are you talking to me?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote:The kctards running the program is factual and the results speak loud as fuck.

the kctards who run the program are a main reason its a joke of a program.

While I realize this may be asking too much of you adel, you wanna' identify the "kctards" who ostensibly run the program? You know, name names and stuff? Could you then elaborate as to just exactly how they've ruined the program

Maybe I'll put a hit out on them.

Then again, they have been landing some big time players from the KC area (Coffman, among others) maybe these "kctards" allegedly "running the program" aren't such a bad thing.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Adelpiero wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

are you talking to me?
I was talking to wags about you not to you.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: Should have been in the college baseball forum the last three years as Mizzou was on their way to a string of titles ala Texass and SUC...
are you talking to me?
I was talking to wags about you not to you.

see, your duschbaggery in the baseball forum was a joke.
these threads went oh so well for you :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds:

Web Page Name

another gem

Web Page Name

your right though, everyone should just bail from the program, for a team picked to finish 8-9th, and finished 2nd with virtually no starting pitching, bail, bail i say.
Last edited by Adelpiero on Fri May 25, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

looks like Pinkel has sight set on this kid from Carolina

Braden Hanson

any info would be appreciated, sounds like he has some great numbers, but why wouldnt davis be all over the kid???? its in his backyard?

oh well. i hope he doesnt forget the other qbs from missouri who are solid qbs.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Gabbert visiting MU this weekend for tech game.

his father said, if Callahan is gone, his son will look elsehwere. Mr gabbert and cally are good friends from their SIU days.

Also, Will Compton will be visiting.

when it rain it pours for NU.

a 5 star and a 4 star LB looking elsewhere and possibly going bye bye. ewf!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Adelpiero wrote:i'll be honest, i'm not sure gabbert fits the offense.

if your a gunslinger, mizzou isnt a bad gig, you redshirt one year and the job as a frosh is yours to throw,throw, mutha fucka throw, till your hearts contempt.

who knows, its funny, gabbert was touted as #1 qb by rivals last year, now all of a sudden because he plays in Missouri, not in the football factories, he's a 4 star. the star system is a fucking joke.
I agree that he may not be the best fit since Mizzou is a spread-option team. Osborne is supposed to be quite the fan of that system, he is a big fan of Urban Meyer. Could be something we are doing in the next year.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Danimal wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:i'll be honest, i'm not sure gabbert fits the offense.

I agree that he may not be the best fit since Mizzou is a spread-option team. Osborne is supposed to be quite the fan of that system, he is a big fan of Urban Meyer. Could be something we are doing in the next year.

if i had to guess, he will be going to a SEC school. And like i said, from what i've seen of him, he doesnt look like a fit. But if he comes, no doubt it will persuade others to come. Compton would be the major steal.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Good point, big-time recruits can help attract other big-time recruits.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Sports > Mizzou > Story
Gabbert cancels official visit to Nebraska
By Brian Sumers
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/23/2007

Parkway West High quarterback Blaine Gabbert, the five-star recruit who has verbally committed to Nebraska, has canceled his official campus visit to the school, his father said.
ewf

it could be 2 4 and 5 star recruits going elsewhere by the weekend

the stranglehold NU has on Missouri recruits is over. they got some goodins, but its a new day!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

a 4 star lineman from colorado and a 3star from texas to visit this wekend. all nebraska commits. choke on that bitches