(M) First Tige...er Major-call it (M)

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

(M) First Tige...er Major-call it (M)

Post by Felix »

Thoughts on the "tournament unlike any other"

I'd normally go with my newest favorite player, Andrew "Belt" Buckle, but he didn't make it in.....as such, I'll go with my second newest favorite player.....Y.E YANG (I just like the name)-the way the Korean women are permeating the LPGA, can the Korean men be far behind (s'up KJ)

my second choice-Retief.....but per Dins rules of the Golf Forum, official picks aren't made til Monday morning, so these are just wild, untamed guesses......
get out, get out while there's still time
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

^^^^^^ ban this motherfucker right now....

we had an understanding that no one, and I mean NO ONE is allowed to post the name Tige* in this forum.....

fucking heathen.....
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Mickelson will win again
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Toddowen wrote:Felix...I see no mutual agreement anywhere to keep Ti**r's name out of this forum.

Kind of a ridiculous rule...if it does in fact exist...to be banned from using the name of the top player in the game.

So....if Lefty and 'you know who' are running one and two this Sunday, and everything from tee off to the award cermony is being discussed "as it happens" in this forum, we're supposed to creatively substitute a name for 'you know who'?

there is no rule about mentioning (or not mentioning) Ti**r Woods
in this forum.......
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

My top 5 picks...

1. Ti**r

2. Ti**r

3. Ti**r

4. Ti**r

5. Ti**r's Caddy
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I think we need to begin threads with "Who will finish 2nd?" That's tougher to call than the winner.

I think Ben Crane will finish 2nd. Kidding...he sucks.

Going with Ti**r to finish 2nd.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's Ben Crane's world...we're all just living in it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:It's Ben Crane's world...we're all just living in it.
I wouldn't call playing 18 holes in 7 hours "living".
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Toddowen wrote:Adam Scott in the top 3

How's that working out for you?

MuchoBulls wrote:Mickelson will win again

How's that working out for you?

Dinsdale wrote:It's Ben Crane's world...we're all just living in it.

Ben's so badass, he only has to work monday-friday.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:

Ben's so badass, he only has to work monday-friday.
does he get the full 18 in that time frame.......

I've seen glaciers that move faster than he does.....
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Am I the only one who DOESN'T enjoy watching the pros fumble around a tough course?

Seems that's what many of these majors have become of recent; the U.S. Open in particular where one course tries to kick the golfers' asses just a bit more than the one the year before. Make a name for themselves and all, I guess.

Here at the Masters, the greens are lightning quick and won't hold a Phil Phlop shot. I'd much rather watch them stick a 5 iron from 190 and play target golf. Getting a bit sick and tired of watching otherwise good shots roll off the back of the green. Just me though.
Ken

Post by Ken »

... one more thing:

If the audio can pick up the conversation between a golfer and their caddie w/ a reasonable amount of clarity, announcer boy, shut the hell up.

You might not know this (just a hunch), but there is NOTHING you can say short of Jessica Biel is naked in your bedroom that I want to hear more than the actual golfers.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ken wrote: Here at the Masters, the greens are lightning quick and won't hold a Phil Phlop shot. I'd much rather watch them stick a 5 iron from 190 and play target golf.
190? That's a smoking hot 5.

Sin
Ken and Cory Pavin

I get a kick out of watching professionals, along with their high-dollar consultant/caddy who can't or won't adapt to the course.

How's about hitting a low one into the apron and running it up? Seems like a lost art with the American golfers these days, and starting to see it disappear with the Euros, too.

I ain't a pro, and won't be playing the Masters any time soon, but if I can't get a ball that's carried to the green to stop, I try to play them short and run it up...and if I can adjust, I'm guessing guys who are 18 strokes better than I am can, too.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

well, the decent coverage is over. get ready for all the maudlin bullshit you can handle starting tomorrow.

Jim Nantz=Shakespeare.

Dick Enberg=surrealist poet.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Ken

Post by Ken »

Dinsdale wrote:
Ken wrote: Here at the Masters, the greens are lightning quick and won't hold a Phil Phlop shot. I'd much rather watch them stick a 5 iron from 190 and play target golf.
I get a kick out of watching professionals, along with their high-dollar consultant/caddy who can't or won't adapt to the course.

How's about hitting a low one into the apron and running it up? Seems like a lost art with the American golfers these days, and starting to see it disappear with the Euros, too.

I ain't a pro, and won't be playing the Masters any time soon, but if I can't get a ball that's carried to the green to stop, I try to play them short and run it up...and if I can adjust, I'm guessing guys who are 18 strokes better than I am can, too.
Not sure how running a ball up onto greens that are playing as fast as they ever have at Augusta... oh, and that are crowned, is a good strategy. If they can't stop a 3 ft. putt from rolling, ohhhh, 10 ft, how are thye gonna stop a hot runner on a crowned green?

Play it as high as you can, cross your fingers, and bend over.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

King Crimson wrote:well, the decent coverage is over. get ready for all the maudlin bullshit you can handle starting tomorrow.

Jim Nantz=Shakespeare.

What's ironic is how Nancy is, bar none, the worst "commentator" this side of George Raveling, even in golf. I don't think it's even possible anymore for dude to speak more than three sentences without uttering something completely obvious or a cliche. Seriously.

This year, in addition to that fucking idiot's waxing stupid about Tiger's scrotum, the flowers and the deep meaning of each blade of grass, there's a new waxing ... errr, lamenting this year -- the weather. Holy fuck.
Dins wrote:I get a kick out of watching professionals, along with their high-dollar consultant/caddy who can't or won't adapt to the course.
'swat I'm saying. But don't tell Jim Nance that ...

Oh, oh, oh ... it's only 55 degrees again today, with a wind chill of 45. It really has dried out this magnificent course and hampered these great players..

Can Nance be any more of a pussy? Jesus Christ. Somebody seriously needs to beat the shit out of that fucking faggot, preferrably with a sand wedge to his head.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

RadioFan wrote:
King Crimson wrote:well, the decent coverage is over. get ready for all the maudlin bullshit you can handle starting tomorrow.

Jim Nantz=Shakespeare.

What's ironic is how Nancy is, bar none, the worst "commentator" this side of George Raveling, even in golf. I don't think it's even possible anymore for dude to speak more than three sentences without uttering something completely obvious or a cliche. Seriously.

This year, in addition to that fucking idiot's waxing stupid about Tiger's scrotum, the flowers and the deep meaning of each blade of grass, there's a new waxing ... errr, lamenting this year -- the weather. Holy fuck.
Dins wrote:I get a kick out of watching professionals, along with their high-dollar consultant/caddy who can't or won't adapt to the course.
'swat I'm saying. But don't tell Jim Nance that ...

Oh, oh, oh ... it's only 55 degrees again today, with a wind chill of 45. It really has dried out this magnificent course and hampered these great players..

Can Nance be any more of a pussy? Jesus Christ. Somebody seriously needs to beat the shit out of that fucking faggot, preferrably with a sand wedge to his head.
[stream]http://members.aol.com/brethogan/masmusic.mp3[/stream]

Rack all of that.

Watching the world's best struggle like the rest of us hackers do each week is extremely entertaining.
Ken

Post by Ken »

JaysFan wrote:Watching the world's best struggle like the rest of us hackers do each week is extremely entertaining.
Soooo, let me get this straight... you'd also rather watch the Jays kick the ball all over the infield, pitch balls to the backstop, and generally play the part of a tee-ball team. Okaaaay, gotcha.

Dunno 'bout you, but I prefer to watch the PGA players do things I could never dream of doing on the course. If I wanted to watch balls roll of off the back of the green, I'd set up shop at the local muni and watch duffer after duffer roll fairway woods and hybrids through the greens... from 140 out.

From my perspecitve, this tourney is not nearly as enjoyable to watch as it has been in the past. As much as Augusta National and The Masters, Inc. would like you to, I don't tune in to watch the course play the players. I tune in to watch the players play the course. Not necessarily dominate it... somewhere in the middle.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Well therein lies the difference between us.

You tune in to watch the players.

I appreciate watching or playing a course that is set up to be as difficult as possible. You know, like playing from those tee boxes that are always behind the ones you use.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

its called The MASTERS?

Master IT THEN.

MASTERS CHAMPION.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ken wrote:I'd set up shop at the local muni and watch duffer after duffer roll fairway woods and hybrids through the greens... from 140 out.
140 with a fairway wood?

:swoon:

Sin,
Kenny

P.S.: If they played from the whites, the way the course was MEANT to be played, they'd be coming in with a sand wedge.
Ken

Post by Ken »

You gonna gloss your otherwise shitty 'run it up on the green take' w/the same old, same old?

Props for that.

Veej: What do we got here, Paul?

Paul: I've got us at 150 to the front, 165 to the center, 173 to the pin. False front too. Crowned green w/the pin cut back. Ball will roll off the back and 20 yds down if it's got any sort of gitty-up... these greens and all, ya' know. From there, 1 back on and count on a 2-putt 'cuz it won't stop, possibly three. Water to the left of the green, deep bunker to the right. Do not bring it in low w/the slightest bit of draw. Wind helping a bit and from the right, 15 mph.

Veej: Hmmmm. I'm thinking, high 7 and drop it out of the sky, pin on w/a slight fade, hold it against the wind. Hold our breath and hope for the best?

Paul: Dunno, boss. I really think that the smarter play would be to bring it in low and hot, land 15 yds short, run it up on and bank on that one in a million occasion that is has the perfect amount of speed to stop it pin-high.. maybe even in, boss.

Veej: ~blank stare~

Paul: What do ya' think?

Veej: That you're twice the dumbfuck of whomever gave you that advice to run it up on the greens here at Augusta. Especially when the greens are playing like they are AND have zero design elements that lend themselves to running the ball up like a true links style course.

Paul: Uhhhh, just trying to be cool and all w/my advice, Veej. Sorry. You're right. Bring it in high and hope for the best.

Veej: Gimme that 7 and don't say another word this round.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I don’t think that Augusta did anything in particular to make the course that much more difficult this year, I think the cold and the wind were major factors on Friday and Saturday. The wind dropped off a bit on Sunday and the scores were slightly better.

Not sure I buy Tiger’s argument that he lost the tournament on Thursday and Saturday. Seems to me he was right in the thick of it until the 15th on Sunday. Considering his parentage, I laughed when one of the Brit commentators said something about a “chink” in his armor.

And Zach Johnson won because baby Jesus wanted him to.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote: And Zach Johnson won because baby Jesus wanted him to.
Damn straight!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Jesus gave him the proper yardages all day long.....
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

IndyFrisco wrote:I think we need to begin threads with "Who will finish 2nd?" That's tougher to call than the winner.

I think Ben Crane will finish 2nd. Kidding...he sucks.

Going with Ti**r to finish 2nd.
Rack that call.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Damn straight!
You know, Tiger won the last two majors because Earl was up in heaven guiding him along. So Jesus said, “OK, Earl, that’s enough for now. Time for one of my boys to get him a jacket”.

The fact that Zach Johnson thinks that Jesus gives a flying fuck who wins the Masters leads me to hope that he never wins another tournament.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:The fact that Zach Johnson thinks that Jesus gives a flying fuck who wins the Masters leads me to hope that he never wins another tournament.

Dude who was un-holying up the Sabbath to beat all Sabbaths thought Jesus rigged a golf tourney...

Priceless.

Which Commandment is going to cost me HOW much? I'm cool with the Nine Commandments, then.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote: The fact that Zach Johnson thinks that Jesus gives a flying fuck who wins the Masters leads me to hope that he never wins another tournament.
Regardless of Jesus' influence or lack there-of, he probably never will win another tournament. At least not another Major. Something about flash in the pan and catching lightning in a bottle seems to resonate with good ol' Zach.

Even so, nobody can ever take away his one shining moment in the cold sunshine of Augusta.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:Regardless of Jesus' influence or lack there-of, he probably never will win another tournament. At least not another Major. Something about flash in the pan and catching lightning in a bottle seems to resonate with good ol' Zach.

Even so, nobody can ever take away his one shining moment in the cold sunshine of Augusta.
Zach has been making steady progress since dominating the Nationwide Tour in 2003. He's no Shaun Micheel. He's already a two time Tour winner, a Ryder Cup player and has never been outside the top 30 in scoring in his 3 years on Tour. I could very easily see him contending in a major every once in a while and winning 7-10 more times on Tour.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown