Montreal vs Toronto on Saturday

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Montreal vs Toronto on Saturday

Post by The Rat Pack »

Mats Sundin..I think he has like 1 goal in the last 19 games..

Captain Meatball had better figure it out by Saturday. Montreal vs Toronto for all the marbles....but I'd love to see the Isles sneak in the backdoor.

Oh my god Would I love to see Toronto lose this game
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Holy shit...where've you been, bro?

What a great scenario playing out in the Eastern Conference. Leafs-Habs for playing one game for a playoff spot is great but throw in the Islanders, who have two games left and can swoop in and steal that 8th seed with their #1 goalie out for the season.

A similar finish is possibly unfolding in the West with Colorado creeping closer to the Flames...the Avs have to beat the Predators and have to hope the Oilers beat the Flames on Saturday to set up another winner-take-all game on Sunday in Denver between the Flames and Avalanche.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Going to be glued to the TV tomorrow night to watch these scenarios play out.

Isles are going to be rooting hard for Toronto to win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Here are the seeds in each conference and which teams are eligible for those spots:

EAST
#1 Buffalo (clinched)
#2 New Jersey (clinched)
#3 Atlanta or Tampa Bay
#4 Ottawa or Pittsburgh
#5 Ottawa or Pittsburgh
#6 Atlanta, N.Y. Rangers or Tampa Bay
#7 Atlanta, Montreal, N.Y. Rangers or Tampa Bay
#8 Montreal, N.Y. Islanders, Tampa Bay or Toronto

WEST
#1 Anaheim or Detroit
#2 Dallas, Detroit, San Jose or Vancouver
#3 Dallas, Minnesota or Vancouver
#4 Dallas, Nashville, San Jose
#5 Dallas, Nashville, San Jose or Vancouver
#6 Dallas, Minnesota, San Jose or Vancouver
#7 Dallas, Minnesota or Vancouver
#8 Calgary or Colorado

Needless to say, there is still plenty of things left to be decided in these last three days of the regular season.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Re: Montreal vs Toronto on Saturday

Post by fix »

The Rat Pack wrote:Mats Sundin..I think he has like 1 goal in the last 19 games..
Age catching up to him?

As much as I like Mats in general and disagree with how the Leafs management has in the past 30 years not properly respected their captains at the tail end of their careers (Keon, Sittler, Gilmour come to mind) by trading them and not allowing them to retire as Leafs, I wouldn't be that upset if the Leafs didn't pick up his option at the end of this season.
His game isn't worth what they'll have to pay him to pick up the option on his contract or god forbid, signing him to a longer term contract.

The Leafs need to say adios to Mats after this season but first of all,

Start with firing Fergueson who's already screwed this team up for years to come with his asinine moves, trading a great prospect in Rask for a 3rd string goalie in Raycroft who couldn't stop a shot high to the glove hand if his life depended on it and then compounding that disaster by handing Raycroft a 3 year contract to get beaten by 3rd string goaltenders (s'up Wade Dubielewicz ?) who's names nobody had ever heard of before and likely won't be heard of again. Then for JFJ to sign Kubina, Gill and McCabe to contracts that bind the Leafs hands with 3 overpaid defencemen eating up most of the salary cap, he's done what only someone with his head up his ass could do, sentenced Leaf fans to being stuck with at least 3 more years of average teams. It takes a special kind of GM to manage to fuck things up so badly where they're essentially locked into a position of just missing the playoffs and finishing with zero chance of landing the draft pick need to select the next Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin or fighting for that last playoff slot only to be blown out in the first round ending up with jack shit to show for it.
Captain Meatball had better figure it out by Saturday. Montreal vs Toronto for all the marbles....but I'd love to see the Isles sneak in the backdoor.
I'll watch the game only in hopes that it'll be the last Leafs game with that waste of skin as GM. While laughing if the Leafs do lose because it will once again, show the complete ignorance a certain Leaf tard ('s'up Hap?) who claimed Quinn was the problem .
Oh my god Would I love to see Toronto lose this game
Only a brain dead Leaf fan would think that them possibly winning this game would be a good thing.

Oh ya, welcome back Rat.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

I don't know what to expect, the Habs are capable of the best or the worse. They can win against the strongest teams of the league and they can also just skate nicely around the rink as if it was an optional practice, ignoring the fact that an IMPORTANT GAME is underway. I don't know which team is going to show up tonight. This may be the last Habs game I can watch live in a very long time.
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That was a WILD game...as good as advertised. I don't think either team was championship caliber but great to see both clubs battle for a spot in the playoffs. Looking forward to that Isles-Devils game. We'll have at least one big game to watch tomorrow...we'll see what happens with the Avs and Flames tonight.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

The Habs managed to beat themselves, how pathetic and embarassing that was. Anyway, I will be calling the cable company on Monday to cancel my service. I'll still be able to watch most of the first round on CBC before I leave.

It will interesting to see what will happen with the Isles-Devils game. I heard Brodeur was not going to be goaltending on that game, don't know if it's true or not but that could seriously advantage the Islanders.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Smoked Meat wrote:It will interesting to see what will happen with the Isles-Devils game. I heard Brodeur was not going to be goaltending on that game, don't know if it's true or not but that could seriously advantage the Islanders.
The Devils aren't playing for anything, so it's wise to sit some guys who may be nursing injuries and to give Brodeur a rest before playing TB in the playoffs. I would be shocked if Brodeur plays and even more shocked if the Islanders don't win this game after getting to this point.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Go Isles...

And I'd like to thank Andrew Sivcroft for his performance tonight in making my point previously in this thread.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Smoked Meat wrote:It will interesting to see what will happen with the Isles-Devils game. I heard Brodeur was not going to be goaltending on that game, don't know if it's true or not but that could seriously advantage the Islanders.
The Devils aren't playing for anything, so it's wise to sit some guys who may be nursing injuries and to give Brodeur a rest before playing TB in the playoffs. I would be shocked if Brodeur plays and even more shocked if the Islanders don't win this game after getting to this point.

You'd like to think the Devils would give their best effort today no matter who is in goal...for the intergrity of the game. Had the Leafs beat the Islanders earlier in the week, this wouldn't have been an issue.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

MuchoBulls wrote:
I understand that the Devils aren't playing for anything but Brodeur normally insists playing all the games. This goalie will jump on every opportunity to add another victory to his collection. He was clever enough to stay with a team that practice a system that can make his long term goal come true. Besides, he would have had plenty of rest starting tomorrow, Brodeur standards.

Good luck to the Islanders, their fate is in their hands and hopefully karma will be on their side today. However, one thing I can guarantee you though, if they do make the series then don't make yourself too many illusions against Buffalo. Now THAT would be shocking.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Rack the Isles!

Choke on it CBC...

No red or blue team this year.

I was a very interesting game.. Satan scores the shootout winner against the Devils, on Easter Sunday, knocking GOD's chosen team out of the playoffs. Wow, you can't even make stuff like that up.

Shoalzie, about that comment about "the integrity of the game". Lou sat Brodeur, and the TO media is already questioning the ethics of that. I'm not sure what they're smoking.. As Marty Brodeur stated: "What happens if I got seriously injured in this game?" I noticed that the Canucks sat Luongo for their game against Phoenix. Teams aren't obligated to do all they can to prop up sad sack teams on the playoff bubble.. I also remember the New Orleans Saints pulling all their starters at halftime in their final game of the season. It's a legitimate business strategy for sports teams in which millions of dollars are tied up in the health of palyers during the playoffs.

Does anyone seriously question Big Lou's ethics in this matter?
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I didn't get to see the game but the Islanders nearly blew their opportunity with Clemmensen in instead of Brodeur. But as I said before, had the Leafs beat the Islanders earlier in the week, this wouldn't have been an issue.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Bottom line is the Leafs sucked due to piss poor management by Larry Pleau's coffee boy and deserve what they got.

The Toronto media shouldn't be casting aspersions upon Lou for quetionable "ethics" they should be ripping the entire Leafs managment new assholes for putting the franchise into this position to begin with.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

To paraphrase Roy....Lou can't hear anything with the Cup rings in his ears.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

I read some comments from Leafs fans over at some Toronto newspapers' sites. Most were bright enough to place the blame of their own team, but there was the occasional moron who felt that the Canadians on the Devils "owed" it to the Leafs to play extra hard (or in Brodeur's case, just to play) so that the Leafs could get in. One particularly challenged individual referred to Brodeur's sitting out as "cheating."

Ah well, bottom line is that the Isles did what they had to when they had to, and Toronto didn't.

Now I get to watch my team get smacked around by Buffalo. Joy.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

Fuck fuck fuck...

As an Oiler fan this weekend went 100% wrong.

1) Needed Philly to beat the Isles - Thanks to the Smyth trade Edmonton has the isles pick and if they missed the playoffs it would be great to have a lower pick.
2) Needed Montreal to beat TO to clinch and illiminate the Isles
3) Needed Colorado to beat Nashville. (Simple ABC - Anybody But Calgary)
4) Needed Edmonton to lose to Calgary. Since Colorado had already lost and the Oilers couldn't ruin Calgary's playoff chances, Edmonton should have lost and got the 4th pick and not won and moved to the 6th pick.
5) Needed Chicago to beat or tie Dallas so that Edmonton would move from the 6th pick to the 5th pick.
6) Needed NJ to beat NYI to get toronto (shudder) into the playoffs and not teh Isles.

0 for fucking 6!!!! Piss me right off!

Edit: The good news is that the season is over and I no longer have to watch this AHL team play anymore. Time to heal up and sign some UFAs... How long until on October?
GET-ZKY!!!!
BrantfordBudFan
Crack Whore

Post by BrantfordBudFan »

Well all I can say is

GO RAPS!!

I wonder if Chris Bosh can play net?