The International: DEAD!!!

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

The International: DEAD!!!

Post by BSmack »

No more "Modified Stableford" scoring and no more PGA golf in the Denver area.

And I'm sure the players are already mourning the loss of the famous International milkshakes.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx ... lect=21706
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wasn't that held at that one course(can't remember the name of it) where they have that one tee where they just bomb it off a cliff, and even Cory Pavin rings up 320 blasts?

That was always a hoot to watch.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Wasn't that held at that one course(can't remember the name of it) where they have that one tee where they just bomb it off a cliff, and even Cory Pavin rings up 320 blasts?

That was always a hoot to watch.
Sounds like Castle Pines to me. I never much cared for the "Modified Stableford System". But it does seem wrong that there will be no PGA tournament in the Denver area.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Good. That fucking tournament dicked up the fantasy league scoring every year.

The guy that had the best round of the day wound up with the 20 points while the guy in second would get about 6 and nobody else would get any points because Yahoo is too fucking stupid to alter their standard fantasy scoring system for the Stableford.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

no fucking SHIT!

RACK!

btw...the future of PGA Tournaments revolve around Yahoo Fantasy Golf...jus'sayin....
Mile-Hi T
Elwood

Post by Mile-Hi T »

Ive attended the International for 4 of the last 5 years, and it was always entertaining. They just couldn't get the big draws on a regular basis...so no endorsments.

Raise the price of the milkshakes...people will pay the money, and get Tiger in there at least once.

It's great coarse and a fun one to walk. I'll miss it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mile-Hi T wrote:Ive attended the International for 4 of the last 5 years, and it was always entertaining. They just couldn't get the big draws on a regular basis...so no endorsments.

And maybe it had something to do with that ridiculous Modified Stableford scoring system. Maybe they should go back to the original Stableford scoring system.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mile-Hi T wrote:Ive attended the International for 4 of the last 5 years, and it was always entertaining. They just couldn't get the big draws on a regular basis...so no endorsments.

Raise the price of the milkshakes...people will pay the money, and get Tiger in there at least once.

It's great coarse and a fun one to walk. I'll miss it.
Good luck getting Tiger. His schedule is shrinking, not expanding. If you haven't seen him in your town yet, you better hope your town gets a major or just forget it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:If you haven't seen him in your town yet, you better hope your town gets a major or just forget it.

The ink was all but signed, But Peter Jacobsen kinda fucked it up. According to my super-secret inside sources, two US Opens at Pumpkin was a done deal. And just about the same time, they agreed to move the Tradition here. That was all well and good, except they then rethought the US Open dealio.

And the Open is now booked out through, what...2018, or something like that? Although if there's any changes, rumor has it that any discussion of replacements would be for show, and the next open Open date is going to Pumpkin...but we'll see.

Although I didn't attend(one of my golf buds did), Tiger did win an Ameteur Championship at Pumpkin Ridge, and lists it as one of his favorite corses. And since the PGA sucks Tiger's dick(as they should), it makes sense they'd favor that course, or possibly even The Reserve(where they played the Tradition, up through last year, now in Sunriver).

Sidenote -- how Tiger has evolved -- my friend says when he watched the last day of that US Am, that Tiger didn't pull his driver out of his bag all day. That course is long, too. He just hit 2I off every tee, and kept it in play.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

problem with the International drawing a good field is it was 1. the week before the PGA and 2, it makes NO sense to go play at altitude in a "go for broke" circus format if you are likely going to go play somewhere usually in the northeast or upper midwest in humid conditions for the last major of the year (a possible career maker) where the winning score is about 10-12 under.

I'm surprised the Int. got stuck with such a lousy spot on the schedule since the Vickers family and Castle Pines is serious old school oil money....i've always thought they'd have more pull.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"