California Speedway results 25 FEB 07

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Atomic Punk
antagonist

California Speedway results 25 FEB 07

Post by Atomic Punk »

Mother fucker!!!!!! How the fuck does Harvick get a fucking flat! Oh, nice call Stewart. Why pit with 4 laps remaining? Because I have you in my death.. err...team of idiots.
I had 4 guys in the top 11 until Reutiman got taken out.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I hate Kevin Harvick.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: California Speedway results 25 FEB 07

Post by War Wagon »

Atomic Punk wrote:Mother fucker!!!!!!
My sentiments, exactly. Harvick was going to win that damn race sans the flat fucking tire. I guess they didn't get all the debris off the track. Damnit all to hell, why couldn't that have happened to Gordon or Johnson instead? I hates those guys.
Oh, nice call Stewart. Why pit with 4 laps remaining?
Ponderous. That was a dumb decision.

And what the fuck is up with these shit motors DEI is dropping in their cars? Jr. is going to run out of mulligans.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Dave, that DEI shop STILL hasn't figured out the engines. Michael Waltrip would have won a few years ago and had Tony Stewart drafting behind him waiting to make a move at the end. Waltrip's DEI POS engine failed at Daytona and they still haven't learned.

Yeah, I know they are going to unleaded fuel, but WTF? Why do the other teams know more than the DEI engineers?

Here is my prediction and call me crazy for saying this... I believe Dale Jr. will leave DEI and go to RCR next year and drive the Goodwrench #3 car and Harvick will still be the Shell #29.

What I'm really curious is to see the efferot of the Toyota teams being put in the "Car of Tomorrow" and aren't putting a whle lot into the current cars. I think when the COT comes in, you'll see Waltrip and Bill Davis as being not so crazy after all.

I stil don't understand Tony pitting. He must have thought Harvick had the speed to pass Kenseth and wrote off the race and may have had a problem we didn't see.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Atomic Punk wrote: Here is my prediction and call me crazy for saying this... I believe Dale Jr. will leave DEI and go to RCR next year and drive the Goodwrench #3 car and Harvick will still be the Shell #29.
Very well could happen. What a team that would be with Burton and Bowyer in the mix also.

I guess I just don't see two huge egos like Jr. and Harvick co-existing in the same garage. I hope I'm wrong on that.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Atomic Punk wrote:I stil don't understand Tony pitting. He must have thought Harvick had the speed to pass Kenseth and wrote off the race and may have had a problem we didn't see.
I think they all thought Harvick was going to take that race. Did you hear Chad Knaus' interview? Dude pretty much said that JJ had no chance whatsoever on that restart. It was pretty obvious that Kenseth and Harvick had the two best rides at the end of that race. Rack the piece of debris that did its duty.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Yeah I heard Knaus and he is usually right on the money. I listened to him on Track Pass talking back and forth to JJ a few weeks ago and they are so dialed in.

I think Harvick and Dale Jr. would co-exist just fine with RCR. I was listening to FoxSportsRadio today and Hammond and Darrell Waltrip were on. DW pretty much hinted at what I am thinking with Dale Jr. wanting controlling interest in DEI. He didn't say Dale would leave but you could tell something is up when their motors are blowing up. DW said the same thing I did about unleaded fuel not being an excuse also.

I firmly believe the Goodwrench colors aren't on Harvick's car for a reason and you see the writing on the wall. However, Budweiser loves Dale Jr. so I don't know. My guess is if Dale doesn't get controlling interest in DEI then he's gone after this season. If Budweiser stays with him I don't know what they'll do if he goes to RCR.

That Goodwrench car is gone for a reason and I think it wil be played out if Dale Jr. jumps ship. DW sure cleared up a few things today about how shitty DEI is and that's what I've been thinking all along.

I also think this COT should have been put off until next year. Most teams don't have the resources to R&D that car and deal with the current one. I have a feeling Toyota is putting all of their technology into the COT but I didn't get that sense from DW today when he said Michael bit off more than he can chew. He did say, however, that Bill Davis has spent a hell of a lot of $$$ on Toyota's product and they are ahead of the game with the COT. You would think there would be some tech exchange with MW Racing as Mikey drove for Bill last year.

It sure didn't sound good about the physical condition David Reutiman was in after that hard hit. They said it was the hardest g-load on impact that is on record. DR beat out Mikey for the final spot.

It was humorous to hear DW saying Michael made some "fuelish" decisions at Daytona.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yikes!

Nice takes, AP. Before you know it, we'll be talking racin' up in this bitch.

I'll address the following points, which are near and dear.
Atomic Punk wrote: I firmly believe the Goodwrench colors aren't on Harvick's car for a reason and you see the writing on the wall. However, Budweiser loves Dale Jr. so I don't know. My guess is if Dale doesn't get controlling interest in DEI then he's gone after this season. If Budweiser stays with him I don't know what they'll do if he goes to RCR.

That Goodwrench car is gone for a reason and I think it wil be played out if Dale Jr. jumps ship.
Goodwrench is waiting for Son of Earnhardt to return them to their former glory. I believe this. Budweiser loves Jr, yes... but get over it and go throw $15 million at somebody else. Like Harvick and DEI. I think it's meant to be that Junior and RCR resurrect the black #3 car. That story is just too perfect to let pass.

Budweiser in black? I don't see it happening.

Call me crazy, but I think Harvick moves to DEI and takes over the #8 Budweiser car.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I really don't see Kevin going to DEI. Why would he? I could see him possibly going to Jack Roush, but doubtful. It really makes the most sense for Kevin Harvick to go to Rick Hendrick's team.

Kevin's personality and willing to talk to his crew chief is what Hendrick Motor Sports likes in its winners. Having 4 native Californians on that team is something to think about. Casey Mears is from the same town as Harvick.

Roush is doubtful as their personalities don't gel. Ray Evernham is a possibility but doubtful. If Harvick leaves, it will most likely be to Hendrick.

I see Dale Jr. in the #3 because you see this huge ass Shell logo on Harvick's car. Money is being thrown in there. I really don't see RCR trading Kevin unless Dale and him don't get along. From everything I've seen, those two guys would be okay together. Kevin's wife DeLana has more of an uppity attitude than Kevin. So we'll see.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! Let's go RACIN' boys!

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bite yer tongue on Harvick going to Hendrick or Roush.

That's impossible.

Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing him beat the fuck outta bitch biffle...

Nah, not worth it. Harvick stays with RCR. You're right. Why would he leave? Why would RCR want him to leave?

Just ruminating here... I wouldn't mind seeing Harvick drive the #8, if that's what it takes to get Jr. in the #3.

Truth be told, this is all just sentimental bullshit on my part. Jr. can't possibly live up to the #3's legacy, and probably shouldn't even try.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

There is no way Harvick would go to DEI. First fact is that Kevin's personality comes from a winner's perspective. He owns his own Busch team and his wife runs that business.

DW was talking about how Dale was complaining about DEI not giving him good equipment and said Dale is actually a very good driver... though he seems stupid to me anyway. I watched Michael Waltrip almost get his 3rd Daytona and his engine blew (pre-unleaded fuel) what two years ago? They still don't have their shit together.

Dale Jr. would most likely fire a bunch of the DEI crowd if he bought controlling interest and I doubt Teresa is going to let that happen as Dale has no buisness background. So you see the conflict and why they don't talk except in very sparse moments in the media. Teresa has actually been pretty good about it but she can't fix the DEI problems. These negotiations are almost a formality and I have yet to hear any move from Teresa to let Dale buy 51%.

So that tells ME that Dale is going to leave after this year. He'll take his uncle with him and they'll fit right in with RCR driving the #3 Goodwrench car.

I'm not a Dale Jr. homer soley because most of the fans like him because of his legacy. I was the biggest Califonia based Richard Petty guy there was back in the day. My room was covered with STP stickers when I wrote Richard many years ago as a 5th grader. I got this big bag of stickers and they covered the whole room. After he retired, I stopped watching for a few years.

I sure like the Waltrip's, Schrader, and many others. Hopefully this sport doesn't get NBA'ed with a pack of worthless wannabe mvscal thugs. Keep it family friendly and enforce the rules. I like the Saddam look-alike Helton enforcing the rules and dropping the hammer. My boy in the #55 got what he deserved because he trusted some dirtballs, but hopefully he learns from it.

This IS a racing forum now.

Qbert

Post by Qbert »

^^^^^^^^
RACK

i'll pontificate L8r...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Qbert wrote: i'll pontificate L8r...
tap, tap, tap...

Well?

tap, tap, tap....
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

War Wagon wrote:
Qbert wrote: i'll pontificate L8r...
tap, tap, tap...

Well?

tap, tap, tap....
its not L8r....yet! plus, my Brain has been L00se the last couple of days.

AP's POST is still teh Solid though.

[pontificate]Harvick to DEI...no.[/pontificate for now]