NBA Trades...

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

NBA Trades...

Post by the_ouskull »

...I have an idea. Pau Gasol to Utah for AK 47. They're both unhappy. They're both roughly the same age, they're both 4's. They're both good, although I'd rather have AK...

What do youse NBA guys think?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Seems fair to me. Overpaid athletes who are unhappy w/ their surroundings dont play hard and arent good for team chemistry. Memphis is fucked this season no matter who they get, but w/ Gasol, the Jazz would be a team no one out West wants to face in the 2nd Round.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Jason Kidd to the Lakers for 2 first round picks and Chris Mihm.

Is what I heard Chris Myers mention on the radio.

I also saw an article about it.

Does this clear up anything for you morons??Probably not.
Last edited by The Assassin on Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Assassin wrote:Jason Kidd to the Lakers for 2 first round picks and Chris Mihm.

You're a fucking idiot-btw.

And if you don't know why...that makes you an even bigger idiot.

PSSSST! The only player the Lakers could trade for Kidd is Kobe.

Sin,
Anyone who knows anything about NBA trades
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Dinsdale wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Jason Kidd to the Lakers for 2 first round picks and Chris Mihm.

Sin,

Nope YOU'RE just looking for a reason to act like an asshole.

I actually heard that on FOX radio. the title of the thread says NBA TRADE RUMORS. Glad to see we are all paying attention here. No fucking shit the Lakers can't do the trade but that doesn't stop fox and the other sports honks from announcing it doesn't it?

Oh just for your records
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post ... =nba,24161

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02112007/sp ... htm?page=2

now kindly shut your fucking piehole.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I have heard the Kidd to the Lakers rumor as well. I doubt it happens. Obviously, Kobe is off limits. A package of Odom, Radmonivic and a 1st Rounder would be all I could see the Lakers giving up. No way they trade Bynum.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Assassin wrote:I actually heard that on FOX radio.
No, you didn't.

Glad to see we are all paying attention here.
Says the tard who has no clue about NBA trade rules?
No fucking shit the Lakers can't do the trade
Yet you figured you'd post about it anyway?

but that doesn't stop fox and the other sports honks from announcing it doesn't it?
Yes...yes it does. Since they didn't.

Alrighty...

The New Jersey Nets are seriously considering a deal that would send All-Star point guard Jason Kidd to the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers have offered two first-round draft picks and several expiring contracts
OK...see if you can follow along...

"Several expiring contracts" DOES NOT mean "Chris Mihm."

See, Chris Mihm is A player. The word "A" is used to indicate something in singular form...as in "one."

And although you might have missed this in grade school, I'll let you in on a little secret -- by definition, "several" and "one" are NEVER the same thing.

Tard posts something stupid. Tard gets called for posting something stupid. Tard then claims "I know what I posted isn't true." Yet tard still tries to explain the truth behind his false post, even after declaring it untrue.

Dude...how does it feel to be lost on a subject that Cicero has a good working knowledge of? If THAT isn't the standard for "time to shut the fuck up" on this board, I don't know what is.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I think I have proven that I know a bit about Sports.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Dinsdale wrote:
The Assassin wrote:I actually heard that on FOX radio.
No, you didn't.{/quote]

So Chris Myers was secretly just talking to ME through the radio? you're a fucking retard.

Glad to see we are all paying attention here.
Says the tard who has no clue about NBA trade rules?
Sweet of you to leave out the rest of the sentence. Let me refresh,,the title of the thread is NBA TRADE RUMORS and all I did was post one. again,you are a fucking retard.
No fucking shit the Lakers can't do the trade
Yet you figured you'd post about it anyway?
sure did, that against the rules now?

but that doesn't stop fox and the other sports honks from announcing it doesn't it?
Again I guess Chris Myers was only talking to me through the before mentioned radio.

Alrighty...

The New Jersey Nets are seriously considering a deal that would send All-Star point guard Jason Kidd to the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers have offered two first-round draft picks and several expiring contracts
OK...see if you can follow along...

"Several expiring contracts" DOES NOT mean "Chris Mihm."

See, Chris Mihm is A player. The word "A" is used to indicate something in singular form...as in "one."

And although you might have missed this in grade school, I'll let you in on a little secret -- by definition, "several" and "one" are NEVER the same thing.

Tard posts something stupid. Tard gets called for posting something stupid. Tard then claims "I know what I posted isn't true." Yet tard still tries to explain the truth behind his false post, even after declaring it untrue.

Dude...how does it feel to be lost on a subject that Cicero has a good working knowledge of? If THAT isn't the standard for "time to shut the fuck up" on this board, I don't know what is.
Dude how does it feel to be an idiot for not understanding the topic of the thread? NBA TRADE RUMORS is the subject and I simply posted one.

Now go back to whining over your shit stain Failblazers and have a beer or 4.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Cicero wrote:I think I have proven that I know a bit about Sports.

This thread is getting funny!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nice try.

There's also a rumor that the Moon is made of green cheese. Apparently, if you catch a partial blurb of that being discussed, it becomes a reality in Your World, eh?

I very seriously doubt any radio hack who planned on keeping his job would espouse complete ignorance of how NBA trades work. In fact, I'm quite confident of that. A much more likely scenario(or we can call it "reality," if you like), is that you heard him wrong, or only heard part of the discussion.

Yet, despite your lie claim of knowledge of NBA trades, you chose to post your incomplete(and entirely incorrect) "rumor" here.

And since you don't seem to follow the NBA very closely -- "Failblazers" is a pretty stupid name to use right now, since they are anything but a failure. Matter of fact, they've exceeded current goals, and have suprised every analyst, coach, GM, and most knowledgable fans. The long-term plan is coming to fruition MUCH faster than anyone dreamed of.

The THREE best rookies in the NBA play for the Blazers...tell me you knew?

And made Tardbert Arenas their Official Team Bitch along the way...which was nice.

The Tralblazers will win another championship before the Lakers do...bank on it.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

You're "the Blazers will win a title before the Lakers do" blast is probably the funniest thing you've said in ages. Paul Allen still owns them remember?

The trade won't happen because

A. Kidd is hurt and is old.

B. cap money

C. Why the hell would anyone want Mihm or Kwame Brown? I dunno why the Lakers even have them!

So this trade ain't gonna happen,which we all knew and yes CHRIS MYERS did mention on his show. Don't believe me? Who cares go look it up yourself.

http://www.benmaller.com/

Heres another nifty link
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

# 32... I'll ask you the same thing I've asked KCPaula

Are you retarded?
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

420 wrote:# 32... I'll ask you the same thing I've asked KCPaula

Are you retarded?

Explain why you think i'm a "retard" douchebag.

Because I posted a rumor I heard on the radio AND read on the net? Please explain. This outta be great.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

The Assassin wrote:
420 wrote:# 32... I'll ask you the same thing I've asked KCPaula

Are you retarded?

Explain why you think i'm a "retard" douchebag.

You just did.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote:

The Tralblazers will win another championship before the Lakers do...bank on it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Assassin wrote: Dude how does it feel to be an idiot for not understanding the topic of the thread? NBA TRADE RUMORS is the subject

Uhm....bro....

Uhm...

You might wanna scroll on up to the top of the page and take a little gander...

Just a suggestion.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If you want to talk real trades...

The Griz offered up Pau Gasol in exchange for LaMarcus Aldridge, Jamaal Magloire, and Sergio Rodriguez.

The Blazers made a counter-offer of "go fuck yourself."

Raef Lafrentz? On the table. Jamaal? On the table. Zach Randolph? On the table. Arius Miles? He's available for a pack of Topps and a handful of beads.

LaMarcus and Serg...not going anywhere. Didn't spend the last 4 years "rebuilding" to have the fruits of it go the way of Whittsett.

Local rumor has it that GM Mullet Patterson hasn't even been returning phone calls, and one of the Blazer beat writers even got called out for it in Orlando last night. But since Patterson is a douche, it's no big suprise. But maybe someone wants Magloire for a playoff run, and is willing to overpay -- ie maybe another expriring contract, and a draft pick, which is really the only thing of great value I could see getting out of Magloire.

Zach has a max-contract deal, and would only really ever be traded for another "superstar" ("superstar" used in the context of contracts). Although Zach and Arius, or Zach and Raef would package up for Garnett, I believe...but McHale would be nuts to try and mount another horse to ride at this point.

Although the GM is a douche, don't be suprised to see the Blazers make a deal before the deadline(the 22nd?). I think they have their sights set on one more puzzle-piece, which will come from the draft, or from a blockbuster trade...like some max-salary sort of players. IMO, anything short of that is a no-go.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote:

[marq=left]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/marq]
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Uhm....James...

Uhm....you might wanna actually view some standings and trends right about now, before you continue beating yourself about the face and head.

Which team is doing better over the last month or so?

Which one is showing constant improvement, and which one has absolutely hit the motherfucking skids?

Dude, the Lakes got Odom back, and got worse. So much for hanging your hopes there, eh?

That's a whole buncha shit coming from a homer of a team that's dropped 5 straight...after getting their only other decent player back. Including losing at home to a team that the Blazers blew the fuck out recently(with Dins in the stands).

So as you continue to talk up a team that could be in the early stages of a meltdown-for-the-ages, I'll continue to laugh at your expense. Over the last 4 years, I've served my sentence...I've taken the lumps...I've felt the pain. Now...

It's your turn. Then again, your team has been a laughingstock within the last 10 years or so....this cellar-dwelling stuff is new to me...haven't been there since I was a child...after winning a championship 6 years into franchise history.

But no, really -- I'm sure Kwami is going to get you to the Promised Land any day now...no, really. And as soon as the Lakes pull off that Kidd-for-a-handful-of-beads trade Lakerfan keeps talking about, you'll be unstoppable...really.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote: Then again, your team has been a laughingstock within the last 10 years or so
Excellent take

Sin,

2000, 2001, 2002

Missing the playoffs once in this '10 year' timespan......

And along the way to said threepeat, witnessing the biggest collapse in the history of the game from a certain shit U & L team.

Dinsdale wrote:

[marq=right]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/marq]
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote:

Sin,

If I'm a Buss -

Trade Phil Jackson, Smush "the brain" Parker, Mihm, Kwame Brown, etc....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Once again Dins..you're right off!

Just over the high speed sports wire...Trade rumor

Jamal Magloire to Lakers who then trade Magloire and Kwame Brown to Nets for Kidd! No word on who goes to Portland for Mag.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

How's that little giggle-fest of yours going, James?
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Dinsdale wrote:How's that little giggle-fest of yours going, James?

You mean this one?

I'm still laughing
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

See if I got this right -- none of these massive blockbuster trades that Lakerhonk was touting happened?

Really?

You mean teams weren't willing to give up big-ticket players, while recieving absolutely nothing of value in return...because presumably, they owe the Lakers...I guess because they're the Lakers?

Huh?

You mean that stuff never went down, even though the Lakerhonks(who for some odd reason, they think being Lakerhonk somehow disqualifies them ass dumbasses, even thought the opposite is true) thought they would?

Gee, color me shocked.

Whereas the Pinwheels dumped a malcontent for a local hero, who grew up bleeding red and black.

Freddie is the happiest man in the NBA today.

And go figure -- the Blazers also thought that Magloire's expiring 8.5 mil contract was cool, too. I guess the Lakes do really like Bynum, after all. Like GMs across the league didn't have tears of laughter rolling down their face every time the Laker office called on the phone, and the forst word out of their mouth wasn't "Bynum."

Lakertards are some funny shit.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote: Like GMs across the league didn't have tears of laughter rolling down their face every time Mitch called on the phone, and the forst word out of their mouth wasn't "Bynum."
Fixed.

Mitch is a pile of shit.

Fellow Lakerfans will hear none of it, but I wanted the Garnett for Bynum/Odom/pick deal to happen in the worst way.......only because Bynum hasnt shown me shit to this day (Save it, "But he has Potential" dumbfucks-he may never realize this potential-and if he does, Kobe will be in his 30's) and because having an unselfish guy like KG who refuses to take a last second shot fits in perfectly with a give me the motherfucking ball, bitches type of cat like Kobe.

West would've gotten that deal done, and set us up for title contention for many years to come.

Mitch is a fucking cunt who needs to be kicked the fuck out of L.A. forever-but not before a severe assbeating is laid down on his bitch ass.

Oh, and then theres this:
Dinsdale wrote:

[marq=right]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/marq]
[marq=left]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/marq]