Marlon Lucky hospitalized

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Marlon Lucky hospitalized

Post by Cornhusker »

Reports are OD.
Speculation is accidental or deliberate.?
Lucky always seemed out of touch with the media and taking any kind of leadership role. I've always felt he's in it for himself.
Just my feelings what with little you hear positves from him when he does talk with the media.
I've felt Callahan played favorite to him and played him when Brandon Jackson should have been carrying the ball. (See Cotton Bowl)
I believe Callahan made promises and was keeping his word playing him when Jackson should have been the guy. (Jackson will do well in the NFL I believe.) I was not happy with the choice.

This morning radio reports are he's out of the woods and no permanent damage anticipated.

Props to John Blake for jumping on a plane to come back to see him.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... id=2330187
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

When you make big recruiting-promises to prima-donna 5*'s it can come-back on you. Beck and Lucky expected the world to be handed to them, Beck had already bolted so BC was bound-and-determined to keep Lucky. Jackson may have had a hurt-hand but he should still have been getting more carries, he was definitely our best back and our best-bet to beat Auburn.

But I hope Lucky gets better and is able to address his issues.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Danimal wrote:When you make big recruiting-promises to prima-donna 5*'s it can come-back on you.

Should be fun watching Petey keep all those 5 star rb's happy in south central....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

you grow up in Hollywood and move to Lincoln, its cold and boring as fuck and he cant leave for at least another year....
RedHerring
Elwood

Post by RedHerring »

SoCalTrjn wrote:you grow up in Hollywood and move to Lincoln, its cold and boring as fuck and he cant leave for at least another year....
Yeah, he's probably misses dodging hot lead in Los Angeldust, or avoiding the lustful glances of "the fellas" in Homowood. :mrgreen:

This isn't necessarily drug related, but Either way I hope #20 gets back on his feet soon.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... id=2330754
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

It's actually kinda funny watching LA and Cornfield go at it... when it comes to the bigger shithole. lol!

I'll help you out...

It's a tie.
RedHerring
Elwood

Post by RedHerring »

420 wrote:It's actually kinda funny watching LA and Cornfield go at it... when it comes to the bigger shithole. lol!

I'll help you out...

It's a tie.
Quoth the man from the land of 10,000 bath houses. :meds:
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

RedHerring wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:you grow up in Hollywood and move to Lincoln, its cold and boring as fuck and he cant leave for at least another year....
Yeah, he's probably misses dodging hot lead in Los Angeldust, or avoiding the lustful glances of "the fellas" in Homowood. :mrgreen:
Funny how we take it for granted in Nebraska that having the so-called "nothing to do"
is what makes our life, in reality, so very good.
I'll sacrifice cold weather for 90 days to keep the shit out of our state.
It's a west coast myth this "nothing to do."
I guess doing shit in SoCal...constitutes, killings, thieft, drugs, learning to speak Messican, and staying alive...ya, that's great stuff.

Well, R. Thenarese is from L.A.
Here's his take.

Athlete, Ricky Thenarse By Steve Ryan
Publisher
Date: Jul 16, 2005

The rolling plains and cornfields of Nebraska have a certain appeal. The word “majestic” probably wouldn’t apply, but there’s a serenity to be found in a state where life is simple, a person’s worth often defined on their work ethic. For Ricky Thenarse, the simplicity and single-mindedness of those within the Cornhusker state is more than appealing. Considering his life growing up, the simpler life is, the more it appeals to him.

I get up, grab a bagel, maybe a cup of coffee, head outside to pick up the paper and think about what’s on the agenda for that day.

It’s simple, but in rural areas like Nebraska, simple is often what you see. Some on the coasts would call it too simple, boring (SoCal stikes!) in fact, because from their culture to Lincoln, it’s like going from a Lamborghini to a Honda Accord……..four door.

There are some, though, that in their world, getting up and heading out that front door isn’t simple at all. In fact, it’s another day, where you can’t be sure if you are going to come home or not.

“There’s always someone getting shot around here or shootings going on,” Los Angeles, California resident and David Starr Jordan high school standout Ricky Thenarse said. “You don’t know what’s going to happen after you leave your front door.”

Deep in the heart of south central Los Angeles, that’s nothing new to anyone, those who have seen this particular part of America described in movies and in the news as a war zone in the middle of so-called “modern” society.

It’s a place where if you have grown up there your entire life, it isn’t a matter of if you have lost friends and even family, but who they were and when.

Amongst the seven people that Ricky has known that he said have been shot and killed in his neighborhood over his life, he’s seen two of the tragedies take place in person. One, a friend, but the other much more than that; a cousin, but also a mentor.

“He always used to say that football was my way out,” Ricky said of his cousin. “He said that I should get my grades, do as well as I can and get out of here so I can have a future.”

“And we were walking along one day and just like that, he got shot in a drive-by and he died right there.”

Sadness, shock, fear; all are emotions that you and I can only fathom as to what would go through our mind, seeing one of our loved ones gunned down in front of our eyes. They were for Ricky as well, but what his cousin taught him kept him from going down the route that most that live there, often go.

“You get angry, because you want to do something about it,” he said. “You want to stop it or get whoever back that did it to you or someone close to you.”

“But I knew that if I did, I wouldn’t have a future anymore. I wouldn’t have a shot to play football, go to college or make it to the NFL.”

“I’d be just like them and I’m not going to do that. I want something better than that for myself.”

That’s a battle all its own, the pressure to join the gangs an anvil weighing heavily on those teenagers in the neighborhood, others promising them protection, but then throwing them into a world where there is none.

There is only crime, violence and death.

For so many reasons, far too many that you and I probably couldn’t understand, Thenarse wants something different.

He wants out.

Away, far away, living his dream instead of experiencing a daily nightmare. His family wants him out, if only to have the opportunity to live instead of wondering every single day if he’ll die.

That’s why when you talk about recruiting, Thenarse looks at those written offers, four as of today, as much as opportunities at a different life as they are a chance to compete for a starting spot on a team.

When Ricky realized that he wasn’t just good at the game of football, but so good that an opportunity like this could come about, he knew where all his focus was going to be.

“People told me that football was my ticket out of here, but you don’t think about that really until someone actually comes to you and says they want you to play for them and there’s a scholarship to do it,” Ricky said. “When that happens, it starts to be a little more real and there’s nothing I want more than this.”

Sports is a way out for many kids that grow up in the gang-dominated inner cities of America. Whether it’s basketball, football or whatever, it’s their one opportunity to get out. To make a life of their own, but help those who remain there and to realize that there is a world outside of theirs, where life isn’t in question once you leave your front door.

It’s safe and that’s a concept that Thenarse would like to learn really means.

“I don’t know what it would be like not to be here and have to worry about possibly getting killed,” he said. “Before you leave the house, you pray that God will bring you back at the end of the day.”

“God gave me the ability to play football and I know it’s to leave here if I can, so I have to, because this is the only future I have.”

That future has been built on Ricky’s impressive athleticism, carrying quickness (Ricky ran a 4.48/40 at the USC Nike combine) and speed on a 6 foot, 1 inch frame, weighing right around 180 pounds. He’s got the versatility to play either side, Ricky rushing for over 1,200 yards on offense last year, while grabbing four interceptions from the safety position as well.

The University of Nebraska was the first to offer Thenarse and it was a school that as a product of the inner-cities, he had little to no familiarity with at all. Perhaps he didn’t even know where Nebraska was, but since the offer, he’s gotten to know a lot more.

“I love that place, because it’s everything I want right now,” Ricky said. “It’s far away from here, but I have heard that, that place is about nothing but football.”

“I’ve made football my life, because I know it’s my only way out, so when I hear about a place where the whole state is just all about that football team, that sounds like a place I want to be.”

Ricky is set to visit Nebraska on the 11th of September, the Huskers hosting Wake Forest University. That visit is currently the only one he has set up to this point.

That visit is still around a month and a half away, but he’s been thinking about it since it was officially scheduled. “I can’t wait, because the coaches there seem like they want me more than anyone else does,” he said. “They have recruited me the hardest, but like I said, that whole state seems like it’s about just one thing.”

“I love that and I love that it’s at a place where there’s not much else going on. To me, that is exactly what I want.”
There are other choices, of course, Thenarse also looking at Oregon, Washington and Colorado, all three having offered him in writing. And, of course, there’s the obligatory choice of USC, a school that is just a stone’s throw from him.

That actually doesn’t favor USC, though, whereas it favors everyone else, because unlike most recruits that look at schools and hope it feels like home, Ricky is looking for a place that feels like anything but.

That eliminates a lot of questions I usually ask as a reporter of sorts. I don’t ask Ricky if he cares about location. I don’t ask Ricky if he cares about the weather. I don’t ask him all the things I usually ask when player lives in a state that has some dominate programs of their own.

Ricky doesn’t care about that. He doesn’t care about it being close or there being rain, heat, snow or the distance it is away from his house. He cares about his future and going to a place where he’ll actually have one.

Will that be Nebraska? Only time will tell, especially the time he spends on his official at the land of the big red.

There’s little doubt, though, that the simple-life, the one that some kids find almost too peaceful, that’s a place that will always rank real high to him.

“I don’t care about what they have going on or what kind of life there is outside of the school,” Ricky said. “My life is getting up, getting to school as fast as I can, practicing after school and then going home.”

“My way out of here is football, so I don’t care about the other stuff.”

“I am just doing everything I can to get out.”

Ricky currently has a reported 3.0 GPA and is scheduled to retake his SAT
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

yeah because of all of So Cal is like the ghetto, spend a week or two in Cotto where the beach and the snow are both less than an hours drive away.
The serenity and boredom of Lincoln Im sure is a nice change of pace, for a short time, to a kid growing up in gang infested ghettos, but ghettos make up a tiny fraction of Southern California.
Come stay in South Orange County for a few weeks and I assure you, youll never want to go back, but you better have a few blocks worth of property back there to sell if you hope to afford a small single family home.