First Mock Draft...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Chiming For Fags

First Mock Draft...

Post by 420 »

of the year for the NFL Forum

and with the first pick of the NFL draft (poptart doesn't care, he hates the NFL), the Raiders select__________.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Not a bad choice by the Raiders.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Adrian Peterson somehow falls to the Packers at ...... 16 ... ?

Crack pipe.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

poptart wrote:Adrian Peterson somehow falls to the Packers at ...... 16 ... ?

Crack pipe.

A lot of teams don't want to spend top money on a guy that's going to snap in half in the first season, and only last about 3 in the league.

If a guy is getting busted up every single year (from high school to College), just think of what kinda pretzel he's gonna make in the NFL.

This guy has the "BOZ" and Tony Mandarich written all over him, and the teams are taking notice.

That being said, I think the Cleveland Browns take him with the 3rd pick, being that they're so good with the draft and all.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

420 wrote:
That being said, I think the Cleveland Browns take him with the 3rd pick, being that they're so good with the draft and all.
that's not teh funnay....

there will be a Public Lynching of Phil Savage if he doesn't take Joe Thomas...(if available)

Peterson's track record of NOT being durable might actually make him drop...but, i doubt it as well.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

I don't see any way Brady Quinn drops to 9 past Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa, Washington, Minnesota - Even Houston all of whom have QB questions and Quinn would be an upgrade

Peter King was making some noise on the last Inside the NFL about Houston cutting or trading Carr and picking up Plummer due to Kubiak's realtionship with him. If it happens, that sets the Texans back at least 3 years.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:I don't see any way Brady Quinn drops to 9....
Neither do I, but The Sporting News has him dropping all the way to 23rd and KC picking him.

Yeah, right.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I like the idea of going after one of the top DE...I had assumed Gaines Adams was the top player at the position though. Joe Thomas can't possibly be that good to warrant a #2 pick. Unless he's the second coming of Anthony Munoz, I don't want him at the Lions' spot. Obviously, I'd want Russell at #2 if he's there but the Raiders would be fools to pass him up.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

War Wagon wrote:
Neither do I, but The Sporting News has him dropping all the way to 23rd and KC picking him.

Yeah, right.
Just finished that in the Star - hilarious.

BTW - Saw Oak Park just qualified 13 for state out of Sectionals - Got two kids going for their 4th State Championships.
Unreal string for the Northmen.
Ya know... since they can't win in Football

:lol:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

War Wagon wrote:

Yeah, right.

Brady Quinn=Aaron Rodgers? :P
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:
BTW - Saw Oak Park just qualified 13 for state out of Sectionals - Got two kids going for their 4th State Championships.
Unreal string for the Northmen.
The team is going for their 4th straight Championship, Scott.

Now, there's a dynasty.

Unreal indeed. That Gary Mayabb must be one helluva coach.

Oh, and the Mizzou wrestling team doesn't suck much either.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Shoalzie wrote:I like the idea of going after one of the top DE...I had assumed Gaines Adams was the top player at the position though. Joe Thomas can't possibly be that good to warrant a #2 pick. Unless he's the second coming of Anthony Munoz, I don't want him at the Lions' spot. Obviously, I'd want Russell at #2 if he's there but the Raiders would be fools to pass him up.

Al Davis controls the draft. so its VERY possible. Besides we're going to draft Brady Quinn. :D
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote: Houston cutting or trading Carr and picking up Plummer due to Kubiak's realtionship with him.

If Denver could get a second rounder for him that would be a huge win for the Broncos......
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Assassin wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:I like the idea of going after one of the top DE...I had assumed Gaines Adams was the top player at the position though. Joe Thomas can't possibly be that good to warrant a #2 pick. Unless he's the second coming of Anthony Munoz, I don't want him at the Lions' spot. Obviously, I'd want Russell at #2 if he's there but the Raiders would be fools to pass him up.

Al Davis controls the draft. so its VERY possible. Besides we're going to draft Brady Quinn. :D

By all means, you're more than welcome to take him. Let that freakish manchild with the rocket arm slide to #2 so his career can be ruined by the Lions right when he puts on that Honolulu blue and silver hat and jersey on draft day.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Shoalzie wrote:
The Assassin wrote:

By all means, you're more than welcome to take him. Let that freakish manchild with the rocket arm slide to #2 so his career can be ruined by the Lions right when he puts on that Honolulu blue and silver hat and jersey on draft day.

Actually I was thinking...If they traded down to say Cleveland they could still get Quinn and get picks as well. If the draft "gurus" are correct then Quinn will still be there. Hell we could trade down as far as 9th.

But this is al we are talking about so god knows what will happen.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Shoalzie wrote:
The Assassin wrote:

He'll ruin his career all on his own. I hope the Lions can get someone else who's career they can quickly ruin.