Moderator: Jesus H Christ

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Queers angry about Snickers commercial.

Post by The Assassin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1dfH8_n3Fw

Snickers ad pulled after complaints

Tue Feb 6, 5:52 PM ET

A commercial for Snickers candy bars launched in the Super Bowl broadcast was benched after its maker got complaints that it was homophobic.

The ad showed two auto mechanics accidentally kissing while eating the same candy bar and then ripping out some chest hair to do something "manly." One of the alternate endings on the Snickers Web site showed the men attacking each other.

The Human Rights Campaign and the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation complained to the maker of Snickers, Hackettstown-based Masterfoods USA, a division of Mars Inc., which also makes M&M's and other candies.

The Web site also featured video of players from the Super Bowl teams reacting to the kiss.

"This type of jeering from professional sports figures at the sight of two men kissing fuels the kind of anti-gay bullying that haunts countless gay and lesbian school children on playgrounds all across the country," Human Rights Campaign president Joe Solmonese said in a statement.

GLAAD spokesman Marc McCarthy said Tuesday the group believed "this kind of prejudice was inexcusable."

Masterfoods spokeswoman Alice Nathanson issued a statement in which she said the company would stop running the ad on television and the Web site.

"As with all of our Snickers advertising, our goal was to capture the attention of our core Snickers consumer," Nathanson wrote.

"Feedback from our target consumers has been positive. In addition, many media and website commentators of this year's Super Bowl commercial line-up ranked the commercial among this year's top ten best. USA Today ranked it 9 of its top ten picks," she continued.

"We know that humor is highly subjective and understand that some people may have found the ad offensive. Clearly that was not our intent," she wrote.

Masterfoods brands include Uncle Ben's rice, Pedigree dog food and Whiskas cat food. It is part of Mars Inc., a family-owned company.

___

I'm a dumbfuck who can't fix a page stretching URL

God damn this country is turning into a bunch of uptight assholes! Its a commercial get a fucking grip!
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

The Faggot Agenda is in full force.

They need "special" commercials just for these maggots so they'll shut the fuck up. Just for the queens, Mars can show a Black Drag Queen eating a Snickers Bar sticking out of some Latino Prison Bitch's asshole. Not only will they feel Mars captured the true essence of the "normal everyday Homosexual Consumer" it serves as free public education to combat Homophobia.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Y2K wrote:The Faggot Agenda is in full force.

They need "special" commercials just for these maggots so they'll shut the fuck up. Just for the queens, Mars can show a Black Drag Queen eating a Snickers Bar sticking out of some Latino Prison Bitch's asshole. Not only will they feel Mars captured the true essence of the "normal everyday Homosexual Consumer" it serves as free public education to combat Homophobia.

Yeech. Is that for the special dark chocolate bar???
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The commercial sucked and made me sick.

Two mechanics wind up kissing over a fucking candy bar? And the demographic test group loved it? They have a rather faggish group, then.

Sorry, I fucking hated it, and the "quick, do something manly" excuse didn't help at the end. That queerbait commercial needed to be axed. I'll never eat another Snickers bar, that's for sure.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Super Bowl ads have jumped the shark
the Super Bowl has jumped the shark
jump the shark has jumped the shark

nothing more to say !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

1. The commercial was God-awful stupid, aside from being a rip-off and blasphemous desecration of both "Lady and the Tramp" and "Planes, Trains and Automobiles".

I say that to say this:

2. The folks at GLAAD need to grow a sense of humor.
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Wolfman wrote: jump the shark has jumped the shark
^^^sig worthy.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It was a stupid ad but it's nothing anyone should've gotten bent out of shape about. There is way too much reading between the lines going on today. Had the two mechanics in the ad beat up a gay person, then I'd understand some outrage. You think heterosexual people aren't made fun too? If everyone wants to be treated the same, than everyone should have some thick skin and stop thinking everyone is out to get them.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

guess it's a good thing Caddyshack was made before queers
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Strange Bedfellows, Indeed

The Gay Rights Activists said it was demeaning to homosexuals? I assume the Christian Right shares the same opinion, though for much different reasons.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The 'I don't like it, so you have to make it stop' mentality is gay.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

First, a Snickers bar is inedible garbage--just diabetes in a wrapper.

The ad was astonishingly immature. Is this really some sort of snapshot as to the American headspace? Are millions of pathetic dumbfucks really walking around in such a coalmine?

WW
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

But most TV adverts (particularly in America) are aimed at men who are hilariously terrified of being thought of as latent homosexuals. Drive a tank, eat loads of meat, shove as much barely-unfettered knocker into your eyes, and people won't think you're Gay.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Nishlord wrote:eat loads of meat,
Ummm........
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:The ad was astonishingly immature. Is this really some sort of snapshot as to the American headspace? Are millions of pathetic dumbfucks really walking around in such a coalmine?
The only "dumbfucks" walking around are those forming their cultural opinions based on Snickers adverts.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Mook wrote:
Ummm........

You have to forgive our halitosis burdened queerbait. I'm sure the verb he meant to use was "gum."

He gurgles manjuice the way someone with actual teeth does Scope.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Shoalzie wrote:It was a stupid ad but it's nothing anyone should've gotten bent out of shape about. There is way too much reading between the lines going on today. Had the two mechanics in the ad beat up a gay person, then I'd understand some outrage. You think heterosexual people aren't made fun too? If everyone wants to be treated the same, than everyone should have some thick skin and stop thinking everyone is out to get them.

...now THAT would have made perfect sense! better to watch a fag get dropped than two straights meeting at the middle of a candy bar.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

".....haunts countless gay and lesbian SCHOOLCHILDREN on PLAYGROUNDS across America..."

^^^^tell me GLAAD ain't got a pedophile contingent in their ranks. Sorry motherfuckers. I didn't realize children on playgrounds had defined their sexual preferences.
warren

Post by warren »

420 wrote:Strange Bedfellows, Indeed

The Gay Rights Activists said it was demeaning to homosexuals? I assume the Christian Right shares the same opinion, though for much different reasons.
The only thing you should "assume" is that every time you click on submit you lower the mean IQ of this already mentally taxed message board.
warren

Post by warren »

Nishlord wrote:But most TV adverts (particularly in America) are aimed at men who are hilariously terrified of being thought of as latent homosexuals. Drive a tank, eat loads of meat, shove as much barely-unfettered knocker into your eyes, and people won't think you're Gay.
Prance around your' office in a skirt, visit the neighbourhood fag pub regularly, and produce man on man money shots for your' personal enjoyment and they won't think you're heterosexual.

I'd say you're doing a great job Gashlord.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Mook wrote:
Ummm........

You have to forgive our halitosis burdened queerbait. I'm sure the verb he meant to use was "gum."

He gurgles manjuice the way someone with actual teeth does Scope.
:lol:
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Have my personal gimps finished being ignorant yet?

Hairloss James, Morron and the other latent homosexual would do well to remember that one shouldn't throw stones in the glasshouse or the bathhouse.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”