Bottom line on Marty Schottenheimer

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:It wasn't the worst game of the year. It was their last game of the year.
The two are synonymous with Shottenchocker.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

mvscal wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:This team has much more talent than those other Shittenheimer teams.
Like fuck it does. Where is all this alleged talent? It sure as shit wasn't on display last Sunday.
No shit, Sherlock. The AFC All-Pro roster wouldn't have their talent on display with Schittenheimer as coach in a playoff game.

Quit deluding yourself.

He's a choker. His playoff record is inexcusable.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Yeah, Marty had nothing to do with any of his teams losing in the playoffs after all those winning seasons. In fact it's just one big coincidence.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Only FatPaul is a bigger loser than Marty. :paul:
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:And yet Marty STILL had nothing to do with the Chargers losing on Sunday. However, these three DID:
Are you saying the head coach had nothing to do with his players being prepared to play in the biggest game of their lives?
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

godzilla2002 wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:And yet Marty STILL had nothing to do with the Chargers losing on Sunday. However, these three DID:
Are you saying the head coach had nothing to do with his players being prepared to play in the biggest game of their lives?
NE played sloppy on offense all game long, except for the hurry-up, which the Chargers couldn't defend, NE's running game was nowhere, so SD's defense did a good job there, yet NE was able to hang around, and finish, due to mistakes by SD.

Close game, and really, you had a clutch QB in Brady making plays when it counted.

I didn't see many people in here piling on Parcells, who lost a close game due to mistakes, here. Especially since Owens only had 3 catches in the game.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:I didn't see many people in here piling on Parcells, who lost a close game due to mistakes, here. Especially since Owens only had 3 catches in the game.
When Parcells goes 13 years without winning a playoff game, you'll see people pile on him the way people are piling on Marty.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

BSmack wrote:When Parcells goes 13 years without winning a playoff game, you'll see people pile on him the way people are piling on Marty.

I think you'd have to go back in time and strip him of the two Super Bowls he's won before said pile-on could begin as well.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote:I didn't see many people in here piling on Parcells, who lost a close game due to mistakes, here. Especially since Owens only had 3 catches in the game.
When Parcells goes 13 years without winning a playoff game, you'll see people pile on him the way people are piling on Marty.
Exactly.

Someone tell dummber to leave his D- game at home next time.

Or lay off the cheap beer.

Clueless fuck.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:Who says they weren't prepared?

The scoreboard.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Don't you get it, mvscal? this team is so frickin' talented that you cold have anybody but Marty coach it and they would coast to the Super Bowl.

Sincerely,
Idiots
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

San Diego Pro Bowlers
A. Gates
L. Tomlinson
L. Neal
J. Williams
S. Merriman
N. Kaeding
K. Osgood
M. McNeill
N. Hardwick
P. Rivers

New England Pro Bowlers
R. Seymour

Shit, man, how much of an upper hand does genius Marty fucking need in order to win a playoff game ....... at HOME .... ???

Marty Sh_ttenheimer is a l_ser

Bolt fan, would you like to solve the puzzle .... ?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:Don't you get it, mvscal? this team is so frickin' talented that you cold have anybody but Marty coach it and they would coast to the Super Bowl.
Add one more Pro Bowler and I'm guessing Bozo the Switzer could handle them.

sin

The 1995 Cowboys.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

~ The Scoreboard ~

Everyone - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bolt fan - Image
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

By the time this discussion runs its course, Boltfan will have spun this into a win.

Because they're fucking stupid like that.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BSmack wrote:When Parcells goes 13 years without winning a playoff game, you'll see people pile on him the way people are piling on Marty.
People here are mostly focusing on one game here. One game, this year, and mistakes made in that game.

Depsite the Parcells of the past, Cowboy fan was calling for his head, after this season's loss.
poptart wrote:Exactly.

Someone tell dummber to leave his D- game at home next time.

Or lay off the cheap beer.

Clueless fuck.
This coming from a guy who drinks Davis kool-aid, thinking that a reach of an assistant college coach could be a genius move.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:
People here are mostly focusing on one game here. One game, this year, and mistakes made in that game.

Depsite the Parcells of the past, Cowboy fan was calling for his head, after this season's loss.
Show me a Cowboys fan calling for Parcells' head and I'll show you an idiot.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote:

Exactly.

Look, Marty got the Bolts there with a QB that was in his first year as starter. The difference was the no-huddle offense that got Brady in rhythm, finally. I mean, it's really about Brady/Belichick in the postseason. They've got it done against a lot of teams, and coaches.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:
BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote: People here are mostly focusing on one game here. One game, this year, and mistakes made in that game.

Exactly.
No, not exactly. Parcells has a track record that Schottenchocker will never have.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote:
BSmack wrote: Show me a Cowboys fan calling for Parcells' head and I'll show you an idiot.
Exactly.
No, not exactly. Parcells has a track record that Schottenchocker will never have.
Well, thanks for pointing out something we already know.

The point is, Parcells didn't show any of what got him that postseason record, his latest game of this postseason.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:Well, thanks for pointing out something we already know. The point is, Parcells didn't show any of what got him that postseason record, his latest game of this postseason.
You mean other than taking the defending conference champs to the limit in their house?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote:Well, thanks for pointing out something we already know. The point is, Parcells didn't show any of what got him that postseason record, his latest game of this postseason.
You mean other than taking the defending conference champs to the limit in their house?
Yeah, that 9-7 team that got swept by the 49ers.

Should I just link you to NFL.com, or do you have that bookmarked?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

drummer wrote:
BSmack wrote:

I've been watching Parcells and Shottenloser for over 20 years. If you want to pretend they're on the same level, then go ahead. We folks in the reality centered universe will just have to understand where you're coming from.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BSmack wrote:
drummer wrote:
BSmack wrote: You mean other than taking the defending conference champs to the limit in their house?

I've been watching Parcells and Shottenloser for over 20 years. If you want to pretend they're on the same level, then go ahead. We folks in the reality centered universe will just have to understand where you're coming from.
Sure, I'll just have to take your word on the subject.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey look, maybe we should start this on another thread. This should be about Marty and the Chargers game. I don't want to piss all over this epic pile on here.

Not that there isn't many other threads on the same subject, but hey, you would have a whole 'nother thread to show you don't have a point to begin with. That should be fun.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Drummer,

Although I like your AV, you are making a complete idiot of yourself. Marty isn't even on the same planet when comparing him to Parcells. 2 Superbowl trophies out front should have told you. Now if you want to compare Marty to Gailey or Campo then feel free, you'll win that argument, but Parcells is a whole nother story.

Please eject yourself from this argument and save some face.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

DallasFanatic wrote:Drummer,

Although I like your AV, you are making a complete idiot of yourself. Marty isn't even on the same planet when comparing him to Parcells. 2 Superbowl trophies out front should have told you. Now if you want to compare Marty to Gailey or Campo then feel free, you'll win that argument, but Parcells is a whole nother story.

The point about Parcells is what he did this postseason, not all the way back winning the big dance 1990, or even 1996, when he lost in the big dance.

I'm talking about the current Parcells, the guy who supposedly would never coddle a player like Owens. And lost a playoff game this year at home, with that coddled player not making an impact.

People are picking the Charger game apart, finding things to throw Marty under the bandwagon. I just think NE won the game, more than Marty choked it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

drummer wrote:And lost a playoff game this year at home

Solid.

He still coaches the Giants, right?
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Bill Parcells - Bill Belichek on his staff = Marty Shottenheimer
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

drummer wrote:I just think NE won the game, more than Marty choked it.
and there you have it........
get out, get out while there's still time
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

drummer wrote:

The point about Parcells is what he did this postseason, not all the way back winning the big dance 1990, or even 1996, when he lost in the big dance.

I'm talking about the current Parcells, the guy who supposedly would never coddle a player like Owens. And lost a playoff game this year at home, with that coddled player not making an impact.

People are picking the Charger game apart, finding things to throw Marty under the bandwagon. I just think NE won the game, more than Marty choked it.
Come on drummer. Put down the bong and look at Dins statement. You think Parcells hasn't coddled a controversial player before? See Lawrence Taylor. Like I said, eject son.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Rack Joe as he seems to get it.

Amazing the rest of the Blot faithful somehow want to spin some crazy Marty dogma shit.

Wash rinse repeat.

See ya on the Back nine next Jan
Rob Lowe
Crack Whore

Post by Rob Lowe »

KC Scott wrote:Ra

Amazing the rest of the Blot faithful somehow want to spin some crazy Marty dogma shit.

Wash rinse repeat.

See ya on the Back nine next Jan

Archive.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Given his history as being the NFL Playoff's version of the smiling bounce-back-up clown punching dummy, the only way Marty could have avoided having fans once again swirl him up and hang him from a shower head would have been to coach a CLEAN game.

He didn't.

HIS queer 4th and 11 decision failed.
HIS bizarre challenge idea was apparently phoned-in by either Curly, Moe, or Shemp.
HIS 'strategy' of going away from the running game when LT was carving up the Pat defense was brain fart #3.

Marty loaded the executioner's gun himself.

He once again shit the playoff bed.

It should be rather easy to digest, yet some are in need of a glass of Alka Seltzer ...... followed by a larger glass of STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

M..mm .... mi..me.... MY ASSistant fugged it up.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:WRONG- Cam Cameron called the whole game with NO interference from Marty whatsoever.
OK...so Marty allowed someone who he was DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR to fuck up the game?

Regardless whether it's because Tardly Stupidheimer knew he wasn't competent enough to call the game, or whether he trusted his coordinators too much...

HE'S FUCKING RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PLAYS THAT MAKE IT OUT ON THE FIELD!!!!

What fucking part of that is yor pea-brain having trouble with?

Either HE dropped the ball personally, or those who were under his supervision screwed up, which means...are you sitting down?..he still fucking dropped the ball.

No reasonable person could possibly sincerely try to spin it any other way, without the aid of a severe case of retardation.

So, let's clarify your position here, Martyslurpers -- you believe that Marty admitted his own shortcomings, based on his multitude of past failures, and completely removed himself from the decision-making regarding strategy...

OR

You believe he was actually, say...doing his fucking job, and actually supervising his underlings?

It doesn't matter which option you choose...both you and Marty are fucking idiots.

Oh, and Drummer...where did the Cowboys play on Wild Card Weekend again...remind me? I could have sworn it was that one place with all of the Seahawk logos in the endzone, and stuff...that I turned down tickets to go to...I didn't realize I had to drive all the way to Dallas, had I taken the offer.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Dinsdale wrote:Oh, and Drummer...where did the Cowboys play on Wild Card Weekend again...remind me? I could have sworn it was that one place with all of the Seahawk logos in the endzone, and stuff...that I turned down tickets to go to...I didn't realize I had to drive all the way to Dallas, had I taken the offer.
:oops: :oops:

I KMOA there, I admit that. My bad.

But like I said before, I think the Bolts/Pats game was really about more of Brady/Belechik, along with Brady's reslient play, than a Marty choke.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

DallasFanatic wrote:
drummer wrote:

Come on drummer. Put down the bong and look at Dins statement. You think Parcells hasn't coddled a controversial player before? See Lawrence Taylor. Like I said, eject son.
You know Parcells handles Owens differently then he handled Taylor, or even Keyshawn. He literally has to bite his lip when the subject of Owens comes up. Even the players said Owens is handled differently than the rest of the team.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

drummer wrote:I KMOA there, I admit that. My bad.

Shit happens. Besides, your Team will have a heaping spoonful of BODE in about 54 weeks...all good.
But like I said before, I think the Bolts/Pats game was really about more of Brady/Belechik, along with Brady's reslient play, than a Marty choke.

I think it was massive doses of both. Brady sucked huge ass, yet found a way to get it done when it really mattered. But the horredous strategies and the rampant mental unpreparedness throughout the team was what allowed Brady to be put in that position to succeed when he did. The Dolts could have put that game away on numerous occasions, and they failed.

The physical failures, ie. fumbling interceptions, tossing picks...the blame for that lies squarely on the players. The mental aspects, ie. not knocking a long 4th down pass rather than catching it, not rolling out and throwing the pass to the waterboy instead of a risky attempt while ahead on the scoreboard...these are the preparedness issues that need to be discussed (in two freaking weeks of prep time, and during the game), along with instilling a sense of confidence and calm that tends to make people play smarter...the responsibility for this is all on the head coach. Not his assistants, him.

So there's knock #1.

And the strategy...it's been discussed at length already...it sucked. The Charger players weren't given a very good chance to succeed, and they didn't. Whose responsibility is it to come up with a functional game plan during a two-week layoff? Obviously, any overall gameplan is a dynamic concept, and rare is the game things go according to script 100%. That's what that headset thingy is for, I believe. Strategy adjustments are a team effort among the coaching staff...and when a corporation has a board meeting, and things don't quite run right, doesn't the blame go to the chairman? Not-So-Smarty and company just kept making things worse and worse -- Mean Joe Tomlinson was running rough shot all over the Pats, killing the clock, and cranking out first downs. So they take it out of his hands...WTF?

If you start clowning all over the place like the Bolts did, hell yeah Brady's going to add a new segment to his career highlight reel.

It was really a group effort. And now the group effort of the Chargerfans and Marty-apologists is teaming up to make the moment even more memorable. Only thing that would have made it better is if there was some questionable penalty, so we'd be treated to that excuse from the Shottensympathizers, cementing their place in the Iron Man Challenge -- Douchebag Edition Hall Of Fame.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Dinsdale wrote:And the strategy...it's been discussed at length already...it sucked. The Charger players weren't given a very good chance to succeed, and they didn't. Whose responsibility is it to come up with a functional game plan during a two-week layoff? Obviously, any overall gameplan is a dynamic concept, and rare is the game things go according to script 100%. That's what that headset thingy is for, I believe. Strategy adjustments are a team effort among the coaching staff...and when a corporation has a board meeting, and things don't quite run right, doesn't the blame go to the chairman? Not-So-Smarty and company just kept making things worse and worse -- Mean Joe Tomlinson was running rough shot all over the Pats, killing the clock, and cranking out first downs. So they take it out of his hands...WTF?
I can agree that Marty coached not to lose, even though that 4th and 11 call was (depending how Monday Morning HC's see it) either a ballsy, or a stupid call, but if they missed that kick, the Pats would have had good field position.

What really killed the Bolts was Brady's mastering the 2 minute offense on them. Those were ran with great success, and really, the only time Brady got in rhythm.

You put the best big game QB in the league, along with his HOF bound HC who has 2 of his defensive game plans in the HOF already, against a coach who never got to the big dance, with his first year starting QB, with the best RB in the game.

Did the Bolts really have a chance to begin with?
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Here's what I see in this thread (with the same pattern in a couple others for that matter):

You've got your one gimpy charger fan in full suport of Schottie. It wasn't his fault. Really, other than that one gimp being astoundingly clueless causing to me to wonder what miracle was bestowed upon it at birth saving it from being tossed off the 9th St. Bridge, I've got no problem w/it. To each their own. Fight on, retard.

On the flipside, you've got a collection of others who are of the contention that Schottie fucked up... again (fancy that).

Of coure, other than their completely differing views, the only difference between retard and the collection is this; the collection actually SUPPORTS their argument. Funny how that works. Those who bring something to the argument usually WIN. Last I read this poster-child-of-a-thread for an asskicking, it was just that... an ass kicking. Yet, retard doesn't get it. Go on, superstar... keep up with the one line replies. They're working out reeeeal well for ya'.

Then you weren't watching the game

Who says they weren't prepared?

Sincerely,
A Dumbfuck

I especially love the End of story take. That's usually good for a KO- or even TWO- each time that a-bomb is dropped on the board. :lol:

Make no mistake, I REALLY couldn't give a shit either way about Schotzie. Honestly. The only positive I can glean from this discussion is watching mvscal get countersunk deeper and deeper into the board.