Romo = Lame-o.

Post by the_ouskull »

Discuss.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Must have had Carrie Underwood on his mind.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Nice way to personally blow it for your team ROMOnowski.

fuck the cowboys.

(and seattle too)
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Good maybe the media will stop sucking Romos cock now.

BWAAHAAA!! Nice choke by the cowboys new poster boy.

1$ says T.O will rip him to shreds verbally the next time he's interviewed.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Okay,

Romo muffed the hold!!

BUT.... whenever a game comes down to one play.

You have to know there were plenty of other missed opportunities which forced the game to come down to one (all or nothing) play.

Instead of putting it all on ROMO... and that 1 play..

Parcells also shares the balme in this one..

The play that set this whole thing up was the SAFETY in the 4th Quarter that put the Seahawks within 5 points late in the game... passing on their own 2 yard line??? Not too smart! (I don't know if Parcells or ROMO called that one but I have to believe it was the Tuna's call!)

1. Romo was the only remaining starting quarterback still holding the ball for field goals. Jake Plummer was the only other one this season. It's a mistake for Parcells to still use a starting quarterback as a holder. Especially a ROOKIE!!

2. The Cowboys did not exploit Seattle's Secondary which was allegedly their weakness. It was a balanced attack with 26 run plays and 29 pass plays. Parcells should have game planned better and used Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens more. but not on the 2 yard line..

but in the end....

ROMO will be remembered as the GOAT!!!

and Parcells will get credit for getting his team lead by a rookie to the Post Season!!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Jack wrote:Especially a ROOKIE!!

Not to be picky but he's a first year starter but not an NFL rookie.

I didn't realize he was the only starting QB to be a holder. When you think about it though, he was holding probably when he was a backup so it's not like Parcells decided to make him the holder in addition to being the starter ahead of Bledsoe. Parcells stayed with the experienced guy in that situation.

In close games, there are several plays that can be considered turning points or pivotal moments throughout the game. However, it's always the last play or series of plays in the closing moments with the game on the line that people will remember.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

R-Jack wrote:All I know is Terry Glenn should be buying Romo a new Bentley with three hookers in the back seat right about now for taking the heat of blowing this game on his fuck up.

Why Parcells called that play is mind boggling. Even if Glenn didnt fumble the ball he would been tackled at the one.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Toddowen wrote:
Jack wrote:
2. The Cowboys did not exploit Seattle's Secondary which was allegedly their weakness. It was a balanced attack with 26 run plays and 29 pass plays. Parcells should have game planned better and used Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens more.
Gotta dissagree with ya, Jack....you really dropped the ball on this one.

I will fault Tuna's decision for letting Terrell play. What good is a WR who can run a route but not be able to catch the most delicately placed of passes? T.O.'s drops this season were some of the worst I've seen from anyone in this league ever.

Keeping him playing is a liability. Not only does he play like he has lobster claws for hands, but he also has a habit of screaming like one placed in a pot of hot water. At some point during the season, they should've banded those claws, or perhaps tossed him back into the drink for being undersized in the brain department.

TO led the league in TD receptions. You had to play him yesterday against that secondary.

TO led the league in TD receptions. Just saying..
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

North Dallas Forty comes to life..........
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

bb,

You are a man of few words
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Mississippi Neck wrote:
Toddowen wrote:
Jack wrote:
2. The Cowboys did not exploit Seattle's Secondary which was allegedly their weakness. It was a balanced attack with 26 run plays and 29 pass plays. Parcells should have game planned better and used Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens more.
Gotta dissagree with ya, Jack....you really dropped the ball on this one.

I will fault Tuna's decision for letting Terrell play. What good is a WR who can run a route but not be able to catch the most delicately placed of passes? T.O.'s drops this season were some of the worst I've seen from anyone in this league ever.

Keeping him playing is a liability. Not only does he play like he has lobster claws for hands, but he also has a habit of screaming like one placed in a pot of hot water. At some point during the season, they should've banded those claws, or perhaps tossed him back into the drink for being undersized in the brain department.

TO led the league in TD receptions. You had to play him yesterday against that secondary.

TO led the league in TD receptions. Just saying..
A lot of those TD receptions (I recall 2 in one game) happened where the Cowboy's offense were within 15 yards of the end zone, with Owens catching 1 and 8 yard TD passes in one game alone.

It was the big downfield plays where he dropped key passes, and Glenn made those big downfield plays happen.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Owens had 13 TD passes. 6 of those were 20 yds+. 1 was a 14 yard catch. The other 6 were of the short variety. Last I looked those counted for 6 points as well.

But I will agree that he had too many dropped passes. But to the original point made earlier, they had to play him in my opinion. Hell, maybe he should've tried to be the placeholder...nah, he woulda dropped that too.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

d-townmike wrote:
fuck the cowboys.

(and seattle too)

Rack. In Hawaii next month all the NFC players will see Romo and go "what the hell is HE doing here?"

Easily the most overrated story of the 2006 NFL season
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Jack wrote:1. Romo was the only remaining starting quarterback still holding the ball for field goals. Jake Plummer was the only other one this season. It's a mistake for Parcells to still use a starting quarterback as a holder. Especially a ROOKIE!!
It may be a mistake, if we were talking about Romo getting hurt on the play, but I don't see what it has to do with Romo botching the hold.

Romo was great out of the gate, but he is more likely the guy who played the last 5 weeks of the season. Why he is in the Pro Bowl is a mystery.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)