looking for a PDA

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

What features are you wanting?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Network access, email, camera, video, MP3?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

You want MS Office - Word, Excel, PP?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

OK, I had a palm and the stylus was a pain in the ass. Tough to pick up the symbols

The Treo is the way to go if your going to do much data entry with that unit (like if you were on th road) If your just going to hot sync it then the TX looks decent for the money
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

The TX got a good review at CNET:

http://google-cnet.com.com/Palm_TX/4505 ... 46759.html

The Battery thingy sounds kinda Ipodesque though
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

I've got the treo 700W. Works great for me. it syncs up no prob with my laptop and updates all of the MS Office programs, contacts, notes, etc., and I have a $30 software program that allows me to use the phone as a modem for the laptop, thus avoiding the need to scroll endlessly on the treo. Very handy if you end up in places with unreliable or no internet access, however the phone and the internet do not work concurrently. You will miss calls or they will go to VM if you are on the net when they come in. You have to disconnect and call back.

Camera sucks, but I didn't buy it for that feature. The battery is excellent. It recharges fast, and last for days when not used, hours when used regularly.

e,

Refurbished units are always a gamble, but as long as you get a decent warranty with them, they're ok.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Memo pad and a #2 pencil. It's cheap and doesn't need batteries.
Çì®åŠ DêMïgòD
Crack Whore

Post by Çì®åŠ DêMïgòD »

I keep my notes on small scraps of thin paper so I can light them on fire if the PoPo shows up.
Left, Left, Left and Bereft
Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

e, I bought one new a year ago. Just returned it to the service center because it was dead. It's still under warranty and hopefully they'll just send a new one.

The TX does everything I wanted it for. Contacts, calendar, MP3, GPS ( I got the TomTom setup).

The writing isn't a problem, I used an older Palm previously (m135?) and learned the original version of Palm graffiti. The TX came with graffiti2 and is much more intuitive to use.

Overall, not a bad set up, but the next device I get will be a treo or blackberry.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You'll surely be sitting in a little cloud of smoke soon, god willing.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Çì®åŠ DêMïgòD
Crack Whore

Post by Çì®åŠ DêMïgòD »

PSUFAN wrote:You'll surely be sitting in a little cloud of smoke soon, god willing.
Dude, I don't live in Israel.
Left, Left, Left and Bereft
A.C. Crut
Elwood

Post by A.C. Crut »

Motorola Q with the extended life battery.

War superphones.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Çì®åŠ DêMïgòD wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:You'll surely be sitting in a little cloud of smoke soon, god willing.
Dude, I don't live in Israel.
Nantucket, then, Queequeg?

Never mind those yellow devils.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

I thought the title was "looking for a POA"

my bad

never mind
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Get a fucking secretary and make her do this shit for you.
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Just bought a Blackberry Pearl. it had to be a BB as mandated by the company - We finally emerged from the stone age and can access our email and databases from the PDA.

Surprised that the Pearl was the only one with a Camera - sometimes need to take pics from customer or construction sites.

it's got everything my old phone had - one thing was the voice dialing feature, I've got 250+ contacts and trying to key pad or scroll sucks. I'm also pretty happy with the size, as the old BBs were like a George Castanza wallet.

Also switched from Sprint to T-Mobile. Sprint BB selection sucked, their access plans sucked. Even their coverage here in KC (corp. home) sucked. Hey at least they built an arena for the Peguins to move into.

also cool on T- mobile is that I can plug it into my laptop, on the same account, and access through their wifi network. Of course since I can get anything on the web on the BB, I don't know how much that will get used - but it beats the fuck out of paying $9.95 per day in the airport or the hotel to connect to their networks.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Moorese wrote:Get a fucking secretary and make her do this shit for you.
Having midgets as secretarys is great for today's busy lawyer, just throw a couple in your briefcase and off to the courthouse (or office) you go, one can take notes whilst the other fetches lunch and drops off bail money. There are other benefits as well ...

Some of Mooreses secretarial pool at last years Christmas party.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
marinerfan
Jake

Post by marinerfan »

RACK Get a fucking secretary and make her do this shit for you.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Jsc810 wrote:My Blackberry is more important to me than the computer on my desk, couldn't imagine doing my job without it, especially the PIN feature. Posting this now with the BB while waiting for a haircut at the barber shop.

get a life :lol: :P