Saddam Hangs

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Saddam Hangs

Post by Mikey »

100,000 :bode: to whomever first comes up with the actual video.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Fox news and CNN are monitoring Iraqi TV waiting for photos and video of the hanging. Supposedly Saddam did not wear a hood...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

No hood ... ?
What a man!!!

Did 'leash girl' get the honor of pullin' the floor out from under him ... ?

I wish.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Rot in hell, motherfucker.

Video is being shown now, as it will be ad nauseum, for the next two weeks, at least.

Of course, both CNN -- which had it first, live -- then Fox, which broke in to Greta Van Cuntstrain's tape-delayed show (the horrah for people who actually watch that shit), stopped short of showing the fucker actually hanged. Sheesh, is it me being on these boards too long, or do they have to tease me with this shit. Let me see the fucker hanged, so we can all just move along. Fuck.

They're both saying Iraqi TV "only released this video, that we're showing you."

Bull fucking shit.

$10 the full hanging will be on the 'net in 48 hours.

If not, I will personally call Elvis Monster for the audio.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Video of noose being placed around neck

FOX's Play by Play..

Body after execution.. with Fox details... and brief laughter!

This video image released by the Biladi TV stations shows the head of Saddam Hussein.
Last edited by Jack on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

I have no doubt he's tossing the football around with Purvis and Quadrevion right at this moment.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

rack marty!
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Wait a minute...that one on the right looks like Face...and the one on the left looks suspiciously like Murdock in a comedy 'tache...and is that cigar smoke coming out of the top of Saddam's head?
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

I'm just surprised they were able to find those Mexican wrestlers at such short notice to hang Saddam.

Lucha Noose-a.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I think you'd have a tough time finding B.A. there. Maybe he didn't make the flight over.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Post by Tiberious »

I love saying the phrase DIRT NAP in the morning. It's wonderful. He got what he deserved, that son of a bitch.
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

R-Jack wrote:Image
HA! I miss that guy!
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

That guy was freaking awesome. How would you like to have him be the one to explain to your S.O. why you showed up late, drunk, with another woman in tow?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
mouse
Elwood

Post by mouse »

Inge Bodil
Crack Whore

Re: Saddam Hangs

Post by Inge Bodil »

Mikey wrote:100,000 :bode: to whomever first comes up with the actual video.
That's disgusting. What's the point of watching him hang? To gloat? To get one's rocks off? Is it justice behind people here in the United States... people who were never on the receiving end of what he did to his own people ... watching him die? or just some old fashioned rubber necking?

maybe the UFC should allow actual killings in the ring. is there a genetic reason for the fascination with watching someone else die?
Inge Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Inge Bodil »

If only you weren't trolling, Todd, I'd rack you. But you are, and my racks are worth as much as yours. So cheers. Here's a cyber photo of the cheap ass wine I bought yesterday from Raley's (only I got the white, not the red), for tonight.

Cyber, because you're not here, and you're not real; but cheers to you anyway.

I can't find any of the openers I used to own. Is there another way of uncorking a bottle that doesn't involve a specially designed utensil?
If anyone (Schmeck) has any digital photos of the fog rolling in on the snow and the mountains and the valley, can you put them up? It's beautiful out here. I just wish people'd stop driving if they're not going to learn how to drive in this. And to the turquoise luxury car that tried to make like the Rapid Rides without the hind end, and ghost-jackknifed down an entire city block: fuck you.
Inge Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Inge Bodil »

And that's the point. Exactly who here, RJack, is a countryman (or -woman) of Saddam's?

Is it not, then, also alright for Palestinians (and the legendary Jews on the rooftop) to have gloated and shouted and partied and praised God when the Saudis

? :?

Will they also receive another proverbial 'blood on the wedding sheets', courtesy of America
and the world, regarding the executions of the American soldiers who committed Haditha,
Abu Ghraib, and the rape of a 14 year old little girl and the murder of her entire family? as culture dictates to prove justice has been done, of course.

Let Iraqis see the Saddam video, then, as their culture requires proof of execution. But we are not Iraqis, here. There is no reason for any of us to reduce an execution to a pack of a/v Magic the Gathering trading cards.
If anyone (Schmeck) has any digital photos of the fog rolling in on the snow and the mountains and the valley, can you put them up? It's beautiful out here. I just wish people'd stop driving if they're not going to learn how to drive in this. And to the turquoise luxury car that tried to make like the Rapid Rides without the hind end, and ghost-jackknifed down an entire city block: fuck you.
Inge Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Inge Bodil »

Toddowen wrote:
Inge Bodil wrote: Is there another way of uncorking a bottle that doesn't involve a specially designed utensil?
I'd think a bent nail might do the job.
:( I'll ask the roommate. All my tools and odds and ends went into storage a long time ago, and I don't touch his things.
I also had one glass of wine at a pizza party at work last Friday.
who the fuck serves wine at work??? at a pizza party??! where the hell are you
working, again?
I've just lost the desire to drink heavily. I'm sick of waking the next morning like a sick and dazed grumpy grizzly shaking off the effects of a stunted metabolism.
But that's not why people drink in the first place. It's like childbirth (I reckon): it's not the immediate aftermath, it's the getting there that makes people do it again and again. And I still say you're bullshitting. But it's the end of the year, and you're being kind to me. So I'll attempt courtesy towards you in return.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Inge Bodil wrote:
That's disgusting. What's the point of watching him hang? To gloat? To get one's rocks off? Is it justice behind people here in the United States... people who were never on the receiving end of what he did to his own people ... watching him die? or just some old fashioned rubber necking?

maybe the UFC should allow actual killings in the ring. is there a genetic reason for the fascination with watching someone else die?

Acutally I'm against capital punishment, though if anybody ever deserved it this "man" did.

That being said, I think that all executions should be publicly broadcast if not actually performed on the public square. And I think that lethal injections should be outlawed in favor of hanging, beheading, drawing and quartering or old smokey. If we as a society are going to demand death as a punishment for our criminals we should be able, if not forced, to see the results. Lethal injection in private is too easy. If made to witness what we are actually condoning maybe some of those who shout most loudly in their bloodlust for punishment and justice, especially those who gloss themselves "Christians", might have a change of tune. Or they might not. But at least we should be honest with ourselves about what we are doing.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Dude knew it was coming, and still had a surprised look on his face when the trap door opened.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mikey wrote:
Inge Bodil wrote:

Acutally I'm against capital punishment, though if anybody ever deserved it this "man" did.

That being said, I think that all executions should be publicly broadcast if not actually performed on the public square. And I think that lethal injections should be outlawed in favor of hanging, beheading, drawing and quartering or old smokey. If we as a society are going to demand death as a punishment for our criminals we should be able, if not forced, to see the results. Lethal injection in private is too easy. If made to witness what we are actually condoning maybe some of those who shout most loudly in their bloodlust for punishment and justice, especially those who gloss themselves "Christians", might have a change of tune. Or they might not. But at least we should be honest with ourselves about what we are doing.
I agree that executions should be televisied or in a public square... it's a great deterrent against violent crime. Now the rest of you bleeding hearts and troll jobs can take a nice swipe at me and I'll sit back and take a gander at that sorry SOB, who is the reason I've lost two cousins in the last 18 months, fall like a ton of bricks from the podium he swung from. BTW the Christian card won't fly with me and if you have ay doubts about that you can take a look at our theology forum. It's a damn shame we can't hang his ass a couple more times.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

SunCoastSooner wrote: Now the rest of you bleeding hearts and troll jobs can take a nice swipe at me and I'll sit back and take a gander at that sorry SOB, who is the reason I've lost two cousins in the last 18 months, fall like a ton of bricks from the podium he swung from.
Sorry to hear that dogg. Check yer PM.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mikey wrote:Acutally I'm against capital punishment, though if anybody ever deserved it this "man" did.

Racks all the way around.
Sun Coast Sooner wrote:I agree that executions should be televisied or in a public square... it's a great deterrent against violent crime.
I heard this on the radio while coming home from work the other day, and I'm not sure how much truth there is in it (although I suspect at least some of it is true), but . . .

Once upon a time in this country, executions were a public spectacle. And petty theft was one crime for which the death penalty applied. Yet the pickpockets were most prevalent during the public executions, because they had a captive audience.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:And petty theft was one crime for which the death penalty applied. Yet the pickpockets were most prevalent during the public executions, because they had a captive audience.
Shut the fuck up, idiot.

Check back in when you get a fucking clue.

http://aler.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/cont ... ct/4/2/295
American Law and Economics Review V4 N2 2002 (295-313)
© 2002 American Law and Economics Association

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article

The Deterrence Hypothesis and Picking Pockets at the Pickpocket's Hanging
David A. Anderson

Abstract

The tenet that harsher penalties could substantially reduce crime rates rests on the assumption that currently active criminals weigh the costs and benefits of their contemplated acts. Existing and proposed crime strategies exhibit this belief, as does a large and growing segment of the crime literature. This study examines the premise that criminals make informed and calculated decisions. The findings suggest that 76% of active criminals and 89% of the most violent criminals either perceive no risk of apprehension or are incognizant of the likely punishments for their crimes.

(click to read the actual subject matter, at the link above. no one will -- i didn't -- but it's there if you want to.)
Why do you nip at Terry's heels, mvscal? :?
(blame this incarnation on mvscal trying to rip on terry, regarding pickpockets, executions, and captive audiences 1/1/07. and maybe rozy and psufan.)
Rich Fader wrote:But as I say...sending out warm wishes doesn't cost much or hurt anybody.
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

mvscal wrote: We didn't hang pickpockets, you stupid fuck.
I'm not a stupid fuck, though in the past I would have fucked you stupid.
(and somewhere Timmay suddenly shudders involuntarily, akin to Bart handling
Selma and Patty's blackhead gun).

Searching....
http://www.sover.net/~foodsong/death.htm

...Dean's position is indicative of the new '90s view on the death penalty, which acknowledges that the death penalty is not a deterrent to murder but must be used as retribution and to satisfy the victim's family.

This is a significant change ini attitude. For well over 2,000 years, the death penalty was viewed as a deterrent; executions were intentionally held in public before large crowds. Yet the history books note that at a time when pickpockets were executed, other pickpockets worked the crowd at the scaffold where their colleague was being hung. In 1866, a royal commission reported that of 167 people executed that year, 164 had witnessed an execution.

Executions were gradually withdrawn from the public eye, carried out in remote prisons before a handful of witnesses in the middle of the night. In our century, Western democracies, one by one, went further and abolished capital punishment altogether. South Africa's new government, led by ex-prisoner Nelson Mandela, declared the death penalty unconstitutional a month ago, making us the last developed nation to have the death penalty....
...searching....
http://idlespeculations-terryprest.blog ... ution.html

In 1845, whilst in Rome, Dickens witnessed an execution of a murderer. The murder itself was callous and brutal. A thief trailed, robbed then killed an elderly Bavarian lady on her way by foot and travelling alone whilst on pilgrimage to Rome. The execution is described in a quite matter of fact way - which seems to be the attitude of the spectators. He writes as follows:

(IB writes: I've just deleted a lot of text. the complete text is at the url above)

...Women and children fluttered, on the skirts of the scanty crowd. One large muddy spot was left quite bare, like a bald place on a man’s head. A cigar-merchant, with an earthen pot of charcoal ashes in one hand, went up and down, crying his wares. A pastry-merchant divided his attention between the scaffold and his customers. Boys tried to climb up walls, and tumbled down again. Priests and monks elbowed a passage for themselves among the people, and stood on tiptoe for a sight of the knife: then went away. Artists, in inconceivable hats of the middle-ages, and beards (thank Heaven!) of no age at all, flashed picturesque scowls about them from their stations in the throng. One gentleman (connected with the fine arts, I presume) went up and down in a pair of Hessian-boots, with a red beard hanging down on his breast, and his long and bright red hair, plaited into two tails, one on either side of his head, which fell over his shoulders in front of him, very nearly to his waist, and were carefully entwined and braided!

Eleven o’clock struck and still nothing happened. A rumour got about, among the crowd, that the criminal would not confess; in which case, the priests would keep him until the Ave Maria (sunset); for it is their merciful custom never finally to turn the crucifix away from a man at that pass, as one refusing to be shriven, and consequently a sinner abandoned of the Saviour, until then. People began to drop off .......He had refused to confess, it seemed, without first having his wife brought to see him; and they had sent an escort for her, which had occasioned the delay.

He immediately kneeled down, below the knife. His neck fitting into a hole, made for the purpose, in a cross plank, was shut down, by another plank above; exactly like the pillory. Immediately below him was a leathern bag. And into it his head rolled instantly.

The executioner was holding it by the hair, and walking with it round the scaffold, showing it to the people, before one quite knew that the knife had fallen heavily, and with a rattling sound.

When it had travelled round the four sides of the scaffold, it was set upon a pole in front—a little patch of black and white, for the long street to stare at, and the flies to settle on....

Nobody cared, or was at all affected. There was no manifestation of disgust, or pity, or indignation, or sorrow. My empty pockets were tried, several times, in the crowd immediately below the scaffold, as the corpse was being put into its coffin. It was an ugly, filthy, careless, sickening spectacle; meaning nothing but butchery beyond the momentary interest, to the one wretched actor. Yes! Such a sight has one meaning and one warning. Let me not forget it. The speculators in the lottery, station themselves at favourable points for counting the gouts of blood that spirt out, here or there; and buy that number. It is pretty sure to have a run upon it.

(more text deleted by IB)
(blame this incarnation on mvscal trying to rip on terry, regarding pickpockets, executions, and captive audiences 1/1/07. and maybe rozy and psufan.)
Rich Fader wrote:But as I say...sending out warm wishes doesn't cost much or hurt anybody.
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

... searching....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_pu ... ted_States

...The largest single execution in United States history was the hanging of thirty-eight Dakota people convicted of murder and rape in the Sioux Uprising. They were executed simultaneously on December 26, 1862 in Mankato, Minnesota. A single blow from an axe cut the rope that held the large four-sided platform, and the prisoners (except for one whose rope had broken, and who consequently had to be restrung) fell to their deaths.[7] The second largest mass execution in United States history was also a hanging: the execution of 13 African American soldiers for their parts in the Houston Riot. Notably, both incidents involved ethnic minority defendants, and military tribunal judgements in time of war....

METHODS

Various methods have been used in the history of the American colonies and the United States but only five methods are currently used. Historically, burning, pressing, gibbeting or hanging in chains, breaking on wheel and bludgeoning were used for a small number of executions, while hanging was the most common method. The last person burned to death was a black slave in South Carolina in August 1825. The last person to be hung in chains was a murderer named John Marshall in West Virginia on April 4, 1913....

Reference 7. http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/project ... akota.html

The Dakota Conflict Trials of 1862. Retrieved on 2006-07-17.
...searching (because the wikipedia site doesn't give information on which punishes were to fit which crimes in the united states, to satisfy mvscal. perhaps there can be no satisfaction on that point. if slaves were burned alive, and indians were hung in mass by military tribunal.. who's to say there *was* a specific decision about which punishment would fit which crime? perhaps it was a matter of whatever was handy?

and of course, frontier justice and its cousin, lynching, would not be included in official tallies of capital punishment, would they?)

Anyway, mvscal, beyond all that I just think you have intentionally decided to misconstrue Terry's point, his overriding point about crime, punishment, deterrence. Again, why do you always seek to fight Terry? you've been doing that for a couple years now. Is it politics? personal? boredom?
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

Mace wrote:It's impossible to accurately state how many people are deterred from committing crimes due to the punishment because we have no idea how many people actually contemplate crimes but never commit them. We only have data from people who actually get caught.....a true captive audience.

Mace
But Mace, isn't it always safe to assume that there are more people who have not been caught, than have been caught? Just like it's safe to assume that someone who has received a DWI/DUI for the first time is only getting caught for the first time?

Perhaps the cops and attorneys and paralegals here can speak on this.

I will say, your statement is beginning to remind me of something Tom in VA wrote, a month or two ago, about crime, what happens when authorities actively search for crime, and what happens when authorities actively look the other way -- and how such pick-and-choose profiling can skew numbers. I'm completely butchering Tom's point, right now; but you can read it for yourself here in Roach's thread http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... ght=caught "Let's Play "Guess The Demographics", from November 30, 2006.

So, anyway: if 30 pickpockets were caught working an execution... how many weren't caught?
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

mvscal wrote:
Ingke Bodil wrote:I just think you have intentionally decided to misconstrue Terry's point, his overriding point about crime, punishment, deterrence.
He has no point. That fact criminals are not deterred by any form of punishment is hardly a valid reason to cease executing them.
Again, why do you always seek to fight Terry?
Because he is a pussy and an idiot.
No, mvscal. Take a deep breath, exhale, relax, and look at the timeline:
Sun Coast Sooner, who begat this tangent, wrote:
I agree that executions should be televisied or in a public square... it's a great deterrent against violent crime.
Terry, in response, quoting a half-remembered radio program wrote:I heard this on the radio while coming home from work the other day, and I'm not sure how much truth there is in it (although I suspect at least some of it is true), but . . .

Once upon a time in this country, executions were a public spectacle. And petty theft was one crime for which the death penalty applied. Yet the pickpockets were most prevalent during the public executions, because they had a captive audience.
And that's the point where you, jumping in with a typical (for you) anti-Terry knee-jerk response, wrote:Shut the fuck up, idiot.

As I said, you intentionally misconstrued Terry's point, mvscal. Terry didn't pull this out of his ass and present it as unvarnished reality, he attributed it to a radio program. He even says he himself doesn't know how much truth there is to it, though he has a gut feeling -- and since he's an attorney, why not give him the benefit of the doubt? -- that there's truth to it. But he didn't stamp it in gold without having the specifics in front of him to back himself and the radio program up. Instead of taking that into account, and nodding your head for his caution, you used the moment to attack Terry personally... and that was not only not cool, but off the mark for you, man.

He is not a pussy, and he certainly isn't an idiot, just because YOU want someone to fight.

And you do want a fight, yes?
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

Mace wrote:It's impossible to accurately state how many people are deterred from committing crimes due to the punishment
But it is possible to make a statement about how many people were NOT deterred from committing a crime due to the punishment.

If people are committing purse-snatching in the presence of someone hanging for purse-snatching... then obviously hanging is not a deterrent.

A successful deterrent is one in which the numbers of those caught for a particular crime decreases once the deterrent is put into place. The deterrent has to outweigh the reasons why a person is committing a crime in the first place. Death is not going to be a deterrent for a significant (if not majority) number of the population -- especially if the rewards of the crime outweigh the possibility of being caught for the crime. (that's a rewording of the first and second sentence, though, isn't it? :? )

If hanging were a successful deterrent, there would be no pickpockets at a hanging, around a hanging, or after a hanging. That's all.

Saddam hangs. Is that a deterrent against being a dictator, or is it a deterrent against being on the wrong side of American (and Israeli? are the Brits active or just along for the ride?) policy? Will Saddam's hanging succeed at either, in the long run?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Annie, you cut and paste away in defense of terry's absurd statement that pickpockets were executed, yet every single example you site talks about murderers.

Best KYOA job I've seen in a while.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:Annie, you cut and paste away in defense of terry's absurd statement that pickpockets were executed, yet every single example you site talks about murderers.

why can't we ban her as well and get this shit over with? good lord, between her and guntslinger, there's enough stupidity to fill a third world country.
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

smackaholic wrote:Annie, you cut and paste away in defense of terry's absurd statement that pickpockets were executed, yet every single example you site talks about murderers.

Terry's statement was about pickpockets working the crowd at a pickpocket's execution, because of the captive audience. The death penalty was not a deterrent, in the radio programs example.

I've already dressed the inability to find a breakdown of what specific forms of capital punishment were used for which specific crimes, as well questioning what happens to stats regarding 'frontier justice', lynchings and other forms of local/extrajudicial capital punishment. How many cattle thieves were given the death penalty? I have no idea.

Terry's point, from what I ascertained was that the death penalty is not a deterrent. And I agree. So do the numbers.
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

Screw_Michigan wrote: why can't we ban her as well and get this shit over with? good lord, between her and guntslinger, there's enough stupidity to fill a third world country.
If your pussy hurts that much, SM, let me kiss it and make it better. Friends?
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

mvscal wrote:
Ingke Bodil wrote: Death is not going to be a deterrent for a significant (if not majority) number of the population -- especially if the rewards of the crime outweigh the possibility of being caught for the crime.
..but prison is a deterrent? Just shut the fuck up, idiot. You are, as usual, completely clueless.
What? who brought prison into this? Are you asking me to dance? I guess the game is over. I'll sign your card, anyway:

No one expects to go to prison. Not even the thief who falls through the roof of a convenience store. Did you expect to die in Iraq, 15 years ago? Did you really expect to die when you joined up? The possibility was there, but were you thinking about biting the bullet or beating the odds?

Why do you bring prison into this, in the first place?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:And petty theft was one crime for which the death penalty applied. Yet the pickpockets were most prevalent during the public executions, because they had a captive audience.
Shut the fuck up, idiot.

First link from a rather obvious google search. Do you ever get tired of KYOA?

Ingke Bodil wrote:http://aler.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/cont ... ct/4/2/295
American Law and Economics Review V4 N2 2002 (295-313)
© 2002 American Law and Economics Association

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article

The Deterrence Hypothesis and Picking Pockets at the Pickpocket's Hanging
David A. Anderson

Abstract

The tenet that harsher penalties could substantially reduce crime rates rests on the assumption that currently active criminals weigh the costs and benefits of their contemplated acts. Existing and proposed crime strategies exhibit this belief, as does a large and growing segment of the crime literature. This study examines the premise that criminals make informed and calculated decisions. The findings suggest that 76% of active criminals and 89% of the most violent criminals either perceive no risk of apprehension or are incognizant of the likely punishments for their crimes.

(click to read the actual subject matter, at the link above. no one will -- i didn't -- but it's there if you want to.)
Why do you nip at Terry's heels, mvscal? :?
That's what board bitches do. Mvscal knows his role well.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:That's what board bitches do. Mvscal knows his role well.
I'm honestly stumped why he circles you as often as he does. Is it a sports rivalry thing (west coast-east coast? the world versus notre dame?) going down in one of the other sub-forums, that's spilled over? Is it a military thing, since you both served? It can't be politics anymore, since even he slaps Bush.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Ingke Bodil wrote:Terry's statement was about pickpockets working the crowd at a pickpocket's execution, because of the captive audience.
bull fukking shite.

terry's statement was that pickpockets were executed....for being fukking pickpockets. If he intended to say otherwise, he should have.
Ingke Bodil
Crack Whore

Post by Ingke Bodil »

I never got why people dogged this photo out (besides the wytched pipe and flame). He's obviously in love with her -- or at least is possessive of her. He should have put his other arm around her. I don't know what's going on with her, that she isn't touching him, prefering to hold her breasts up in the classic 'my tits are falling out of my bra at the wrong moment' pose (big tittied girls, you know exactly what i'm talking about). But she isn't completely turning away either (her arm isn't completely covering her tits).

No one had the right to dog this photo out, unless they'd posted their own with their own old ladies. And even then.

And smackaholic, terry's statement was that suncoast sooner's supposition that capital punishment is a deterrent is probably not correct, given how he'd heard anecdotal evidence of pickpockets working the crowds at the execution of other pickpockets.. because of the convenience and opportunity such crowds presented.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Once upon a time in this country, executions were a public spectacle. And petty theft was one crime for which the death penalty applied.
well, annie? read it s l o w l y. It says that petty theft was punished by death. Cattle rustlin and horse thievery is not "petty theft". Horses and cattle were extremely important and valuable. This is why they would stretch the necks of folks that partoke in such activities.

btw, from now on, it's capitol punishment, just for ang.