The Fiesta Bowl

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

The Fiesta Bowl

Post by the_ouskull »

I don't know what it is; maybe it's just the "holiday spirits" I've taken in, but I'm honestly starting to come to the opinion that OU is absolutely going to rip off BSU's head and shit down their necks. I mean, it's not like they're THAT different, on paper at least, but the more I read about them, and their team, and their season, etc... I really think that we're just going to fucking KILL them. Maybe I'll eventually break the game down and come up with something more "P.C." (They're a good team, could play us tough, etc...) But, right now, the night before Christmas, I'm feeling like we're going to break reindeer antlers off in their smurfin' asses.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'm not real thrilled with the matchup. nothing to gain, everything to lose. huge chip on their shoulder....

i keep waiting for someone to figure out that Venables blitzes every time on 3rd and long.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Not sure if BSU can pull off the upset, but I believe it will be within 7 points. The Treasure Valley has gone Fiesta mad, with 20,000 seats sold for the game and flights completely booked.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: The Fiesta Bowl

Post by Dinsdale »

the_ouskull wrote:I'm honestly starting to come to the opinion that OU is absolutely going to rip off BSU's head and shit down their necks.
I don't have a dog in this hunt, and I'm thinking the same thing.

Hope I don't Jon you.

Maybe I'll eventually break the game down and come up with something more "P.C." (They're a good team, could play us tough, etc...)

Sacrilege.

Sin,
Mike Bellotti (who STILL insists Oregon is a much better team, and that BYU wouldn't finish in the top half of the PAC10) Damn, what a no-class POS he's turned out to be.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
NjSooner
Elwood

Post by NjSooner »

[quote="Dinsdale]Mike Bellotti[/quote]

Fuck that guy.

Edit: im too drunnk for this quote shit
A doctor answers his phone and hears the familiar voice of a colleague on the other end of the line. "We need a fourth for poker," said the friend. "I'll be right over," whispered the doctor. As he was putting on his coat, his wife asked, "Is it serious?" "Oh yes, quite serious," said the doctor gravely. "In fact, there are three doctors there already!
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

the_ouskull wrote:Anybody else have any thoughts?

the_ouskull
Yes, I think you should change your avartar...Vince is long gone and OU still couldn't beat Texas.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

NjSooner wrote:[

If it makes you feel better, I'm an Oregon fan...and I agree with your "fuck that guy" sentiment.

He's douching quite hard lately.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Oklahoma SHOULD break one off in Boise. Someone mentioned that chip on the shoulder thing and early 90's Nebraska developed one and we all know how that turned out for the rest of the country. Boise is looking for respect and Oklahoma can only maintain it by humiliating them and that is perfect forumla for disaster.

Say Boise gets up early and has some success shutting down OU early....whether it be straight up good defense or a couple turnovers by OU. That equals a long game as OU starts getting away from the game plan trying to catch up and ultimately kick their asses. Meanwhile Boise has some confidence to go with that chip and you know they ain't going to let up and then go to plan B, which is bitchslapping OU ala BYU over Oregon. Boise might start taking some chances and if OU has lost some swagger, they might get lucky two or three time and add 14 points to a 7 or 10 point lead.

Realistically, I think OU has the horses and game experience now which should equal out to cruise control all night. I know I'll be watching this one closely because it should define whether Boise is legit or just another paper tiger hiding in a shit conference.

I'll go ahead and call my shot right now: Oklahoma 38 Boise 17
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

the_ouskull wrote: Anybody else have any thoughts?

the_ouskull
yeah...we'll accept our asskicking and revel in the glory, the honor, and privelege to be on the same field with a great team like Oklahoma.....

Peterson will probably run for like 300 yards and Oklahoma will have to shut it down in the third quarter just to keep the score under 50...that's how overmatched BSU is....

but what the hell, why not just go ahead and play it out......
get out, get out while there's still time
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Felix wrote:
the_ouskull wrote: Anybody else have any thoughts?

the_ouskull
yeah...we'll accept our asskicking and revel in the glory, the honor, and privelege to be on the same field with a great team like Oklahoma.....

Peterson will probably run for like 300 yards and Oklahoma will have to shut it down in the third quarter just to keep the score under 50...that's how overmatched BSU is....

but what the hell, why not just go ahead and play it out......
At least someone in the BSU nation has common sense. ;)
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote: yeah...we'll accept our asskicking and revel in the glory, the honor, and privelege to be on the same field with a great team like Oklahoma.....

Sarcasm noted, but yeah... that's pretty much how I see it unfolding.

But what the hell, I hope I'm wrong. Every damn Bowl game to this point has been a blow-out and virtually unwatchable after half time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
At least someone in the BSU nation has common sense. ;)
that's the great thing about being the underdog......

not much upside to being the favorite.......
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Cross Traffic wrote:Not sure if BSU can pull off the upset, but I believe it will be within 7 points.
Huh? So you think BSU can stay within a TD, yet the actual CHANCE of winning isn't there? That's the difference of just one play, fluke or otherwise.

That's purty dumb right thar.

If you're not sure they can "pull off the upset" then shouldn't you have them losing by at least two scores?
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

The way I see it. OU will dominate, BSU scores a couple times. But once the OU defense adjusts to the BSU offense it's over and gets ugly.
OU 42 BSU 21
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Cross Traffic wrote:Not sure if BSU can pull off the upset, but I believe it will be within 7 points.
Huh? So you think BSU can stay within a TD, yet the actual CHANCE of winning isn't there? That's the difference of just one play, fluke or otherwise.

Huh, huh? I don't extrapolate NO CHANCE of a win from being unsure about their chances of an upset. To put in a numbers perspective, he's saying approx 75% (not sure) chance of a loss, and approx 90% (he believes) chance of a loss being close.

That faggoty "Tom Cruise shirt from that 80s movie" (sup Dumbslinger?) must be rotting your brain.

More importantly, who gives a shit about what some 36 year old loser living in the Cumducts basement thinks about college football... or anything else for that matter?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

As opposed to your wealth of insight, ucant? Uh, dude, I've seen your takes in this forum. You try to make up for your embarrassingly obvious lack of knowledge by running Main Street-type smack. It just doesn't work. I'd rank you slightly ahead of bradhusker and right behind the troof. In CF terms, that would make you like Buffalo or something.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:As opposed to your wealth of insight, ucant?
Whatever advantage you may have over me in the knowledge department is negated by your obvious lack of reading comprehension. Seriously, were you drunk when you responded to Traffic's post or are you as stupid as the day is long? In order to effectively communicate with people, one must be able to understand they are reading.

I guess what I am saying is, I'd rather be me than you. If you need help interpreting what I really mean by that, I could Etch-A-Sketch it for you.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Seriously, were you drunk when you responded to Traffic's post or are you as stupid as the day is long?
Oh, you mean the very post you were able to formulate percentages from as you spoke FOR him?

There was nothing wrong with my reasoning. I stand by it even now, as I'm at work and am sober.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

There's a reason the numbers were approximated. Furthermore, I was putting it into a context even the most challenged of individuals might actually be able to comprehend. Forgive me for assuming you could actually work within the confines of the rather large set of numbers between zero and one.

Seeing as how you're still equating "not sure of the outcome but leaning towards a close loss" with "no chance of a win", I see no point in continuing our spirited debate. How 'bout I just tighten your helmet's chin strap, give your double-ringer bike bell a full toot, and send your merrily drooling ass on its way?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I'm a sucker for an underdog and I like BSU in-general so I'd love seeing Boise pull-this-off. But especially with AP playing OU will just have too many horses. The talent differential is just too high IMO.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i say as a "fact" and while i don't bet on OU this would be something i'd look at in wagering this game: check OU's schedule and see the last team they blew out.....it wasn't Missouri, Taco Tech, ATM, or OSU....and not really NU.

and ask yourself, are all those teams worse than BSU?

that said, I hope the Sooners hang half a hunnerd' on em....and i'd give Allan Patrick the first series at least.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

It's been a while since OU blew somebody out, yes...

It's also been a while since they've lost. BSU is not a rival. BSU is not a team that we've played in the last few years... Games against relatively equal rivals tend to be a bit closer. I don't think that BSU can match our talent level OR our coaching level, so I think they're going to have to outplay us and play more intense; mistake-free football. They're in a position to where they can't afford to make any mistakes. If they play a mistake-free game, AND can force turnovers, especially early, then they've got a shot.

Having said that, I'm thinking OU in the late 30's to early 40's and BSU won't even be legal.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

show me a sooner fan that isn't predicting a blowout and I'll prolly slap them on the back and give them a Daniel Webster cigar...........

from perusing various sooner boards, it's quite obvious that the OU fans feel this game is somehow "beneath" them.....

and I thought the Boston College people were arrogant fucks....but they pale compared to the majority of sooner fans, although I will say that the OU faithful are much more courteous than most of the BC mooks.......

I just don't get it........
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

It is beneath them. BSU needs to schedule some quality OOC opponents and beat them to even be considered for a game like this. It's bullshit that OU had such a good season with losing their QB and their RB only to be matched up against Boisie fucking State.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:It is beneath them. BSU needs to schedule some quality OOC opponents and beat them to even be considered for a game like this. It's bullshit that OU had such a good season with losing their QB and their RB only to be matched up against Boisie fucking State.
I never realized you were such a big OU fan......

"Boise fucking State" earned their way to the Fiesta.....

if you don't like it then I suggest you not watch....

it could be kind of a protest on your part.......
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I'm a fan of a team being rewarded for playing a tough schedule and playing in a tough conference and getting the big payday/noteriety.

I am also a fan of "well, you can only play who is on your schedule". However, when you have no one on your schedule that is a traditional power, then that means you padded it. The fact BSU plays in the WAC means they play no one in conference worth a shit. So, they have to EARN their berth by playing quality OOC teams, which they did not.

Fact: I'm no OU homer.

Fact: You are apparently a BSU homer.

Conclusion: Who's being more objective here?

Prediction: If there is a God, BSU will get bradhuskered up and down the field and we can put to rest the debate these shit conference teams who get a berth in the big games have "earned" it.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Felix wrote:and I thought the Boston College people were arrogant fucks....but they pale compared to the majority of sooner fans, although I will say that the OU faithful are much more courteous than most of the BC mooks.....
OU fans may be more arrogant (though unlikely... I live in Metro West, drive through Newton to get to work in Boston everyday. I see it.)... but haven't they at least earned that right to be more arrogant? BC has a grand total of two national championships, in hockey, no less. Hockey!? Who gives a fuck? The school is so arrogant, they claim to have won a national title in football when no one else recognized them. I am not kidding you. A banner hangs in the Cunte Forum laying claim to the 1940 NCAA Football Championship. Nice 11-0 season and all BC, but the AP and everyone else in the country gave the title to Minnesota. Someone ought to tell these assholes that having the same school colors does not mean you get a share of the title. I hate BC and everything it stands for.

I am out. I am going to take an early lunch, head down to Chestnut Hell, and beat up some stuck up rich kids just for shits and giggles. Then I am going to shit on Gasson Tower and wipe my ass with their fake natl champs banner. Layte.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote: The fact BSU plays in the WAC means they play no one in conference worth a shit.
really, Hawaii would disagree.....most years (not this one) so would Fresno State....

objective about what....you're the one saying BSU doesn't deserve to be there and that they'll get blown out....

exactly how many games have you seen BSU play this year? Somehow you've developed a keen insight regarding a team that I'd say at best you've probably seen play twice.....yet you somehow "know" who and what they're about.....bottom line is you don't know jack shit about them so quit acting like you do......
If there is a God, BSU will get bradhuskered up and down the field and we can put to rest the debate these shit conference teams who get a berth in the big games have "earned" it.
yeah, BSU winning would put a real fucking damper on your whole year, not to mention that it would blow your whole "shit conference" argument out of the water.......

that's why I hope they beat Oklahoma, just to cause you further consternation.......
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Felix wrote:show me a sooner fan that isn't predicting a blowout and I'll prolly slap them on the back and give them a Daniel Webster cigar...........

from perusing various sooner boards, it's quite obvious that the OU fans feel this game is somehow "beneath" them.....

and I thought the Boston College people were arrogant fucks....but they pale compared to the majority of sooner fans, although I will say that the OU faithful are much more courteous than most of the BC mooks.......

I just don't get it........
i've done it twice in this thread, more or less. and OU versus BC? Oklahoma has won 7 national championships. BC none. if you want to push it......outside the outstanding performance of Paul Thompson, Allen Patrick and the OU D....this is kind of a semi-forgettable year for OU football. it will be remembered with some nostalgia and kudus to team and coaching to rally......but, really, OU isn't playing for much.

BSU is attempting to have it's best season ever. these are facts.

i don't downgrade BSU at all (and has won a lot of games over the last 5-6 years), but the reality is OU is one of the all-time great programs....what do you expect? Sooner fan has a tendency for absurd over-confidence, i know. but we've beat a lot of good teams over the last 50 years, too.

i think it will be a good game.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Felix wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote: The fact BSU plays in the WAC means they play no one in conference worth a shit.
really, Hawaii would disagree.....most years (not this one) so would Fresno State....
NEWSFLASH: Hawaii is not a very good team. They lost to a bad Alabama team and a mediocre Oregon St. team. however, at least Hawaii isnt afraid to schedule teams worth a shit...traditionally. Alabama and Purdue are traditionally good to great teams. Hawaii could not help it that they were down this year. Had Hawaii run the table, I would have felt they earned a shot because they at least made the effort to schedule traditionally good teams.

PLEASE quit trying to make me laugh by saying Fresno St. is a traditional power. :lol:

objective about what....you're the one saying BSU doesn't deserve to be there and that they'll get blown out....
Objective about this debate. I have no stake in this matchup. As a fan of college football who actually DOES watch a lot of CFB games (Yes, I got the ESPN GamePlan so I COULD see more games), I feel cheated that I don't get to see a better matchup in a BCS Bowl.
yeah, BSU winning would put a real fucking damper on your whole year, not to mention that it would blow your whole "shit conference" argument out of the water.......

that's why I hope they beat Oklahoma, just to cause you further consternation.......
Yes, seeing BSU win would definitely put a damper on my view of CFB. Why? because it will encourage teams to put together shit schedules knowing all they have to do is beat cream puffs and they will get into the BCS. Yeah, THAT'S what I want to see in CFB.

Sorry, but since there is no playoff in CFB, I want to see teams who have played tougher schedules with 1 or 2 losses get these games as opposed to a mid-minor who played against wet paper bags. Call me a cynic...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:NEWSFLASH: Hawaii is not a very good team.
yeah you're right...leading the nation in scoring is definitely the mark of a shitty team..... [giantfuckingrolleyes] [/giantfuckingrolleyes]
Objective about this debate. I have no stake in this matchup. As a fan of college football who actually DOES watch a lot of CFB games (Yes, I got the ESPN GamePlan so I COULD see more games), I feel cheated that I don't get to see a better matchup in a BCS Bowl.
I like this....you call yourself a "fan" of college football, yet you're sounding more and more like those BCS honks.......you're rooting that one of the little guys gets blown out so that all will be right with the world and no more of these "cinderella" teams will qualify for a BCS bowl. That will assure the rightful place of teams more qualifed (like Pitsburgh and their guaranteed BCS berth getting blown out of the fucking water by Utah)....I'm sorry did you say you were a fan of college football or a fan of only BCS conference teams......
Yes, seeing BSU win would definitely put a damper on my view of CFB. Why? because it will encourage teams to put together shit schedules knowing all they have to do is beat cream puffs and they will get into the BCS. Yeah, THAT'S what I want to see in CFB.

spoken like a true fan (as long as it's a BCS conference).....

and everybody knows that Oklahoma, Michigan, and Ohio State never schedule weak teams.......(s'up Middle Tennessee State, Central Michigan, and Bowling Green):meds:
Sorry, but since there is no playoff in CFB, I want to see teams who have played tougher schedules with 1 or 2 losses get these games as opposed to a mid-minor who played against wet paper bags.
yeah, we need more BCS appearences by the Pittsburgh's of the world.....
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Damn I love it when someone only sees what they don't want to see in order to make their point.
IndyFrisco wrote:NEWSFLASH: Hawaii is not a very good team. They lost to a bad Alabama team and a mediocre Oregon St. team. however, at least Hawaii isnt afraid to schedule teams worth a shit...traditionally. Alabama and Purdue are traditionally good to great teams. Hawaii could not help it that they were down this year. Had Hawaii run the table, I would have felt they earned a shot because they at least made the effort to schedule traditionally good teams.
I'm not anti-Cinderella. I'm anti-shit-schedule. I just said above how I felt if Hawaii ran the table, they would have deserved it because they scheduled better teams. I also rooted for Rutgers in the Big East because I DO like the Cinderella teams and they would have had to beat a damn good Louisville and a damn good West Virginia team. They could not run the table, though.

However, I don't see BSU as a Cinderella. I see BSU as the ugly bitch nobody wanted to go to the ball with but was invited because they needed headcount.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:Damn I love it when someone only sees what they don't want to see in order to make their point.
You said they were a shitty team.......I said they led the nation in scoring......

quit trying to qualify your idiocy...
I'm not anti-Cinderella. I'm anti-shit-schedule. I just said above how I felt if Hawaii ran the table, they would have deserved it because they scheduled better teams. I also rooted for Rutgers in the Big East because I DO like the Cinderella teams and they would have had to beat a damn good Louisville and a damn good West Virginia team. They could not run the table, though.
why just two years ago Louisville was one of those mid majors you were carping on about, but since they joined a BCS conference, they are now "damn good".....

so, you are a BCS conference honk.....good to know.....
However, I don't see BSU as a Cinderella. I see BSU as the ugly bitch nobody wanted to go to the ball with but was invited because they needed headcount.
I suggest you not watch the game....if BSU keeps it close or (God forbid) win it, I'm afraid you'll vapor lock right on the spot......

I'm just thinking about your health bud......
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Felix wrote:
and everybody knows that Oklahoma.... never schedule weak teams (sarcasm).....s'up?
what are you high? Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Washington, Oregon, Notre Dame....these are weak teams?

you starting to dig a big hole felix.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

King Crimson wrote:
Felix wrote:
and everybody knows that Oklahoma.... never schedule weak teams (sarcasm).....s'up?
what are you high? Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Washington, Oregon, Notre Dame....these are weak teams?

you starting to dig a big hole felix.
my point was that every team in college football has weak opponents......

look at Ohio State-nobody is going to convince me that Northern Illinois poses a serious threat to anybody...yet nobody says "why is OSU playing these cream puffs"....how about that powerhouse Illinois team sporting that awesome 2-10 record that took OSU to the wire...yeah, their in the Big 10, but they're as big a cream puff as there is...Cincinatti is not a football team that's going to scare many top programs, yet nobody says anything about OSU scheduling these guys.....so the whole "cream puff" argument is kind of silly......

The WAC isn't a great conference and I'm not trying to tell anyone that it is, but there are some decent teams in the WAC, and by no means are they all cream puffs......as I said, you play the hand you were dealt.....

BSU has tried to schedule better teams, but for some reason most of the teams don't want to play them.......

go figure.....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:
NEWSFLASH: Hawaii is not a very good team...Hawaii could not help it that they were down this year.

Uhm....you don't follow the WAC very closely, do you?

I'm kind of on the same side of this argument that you are, BUT...

Hawaii had one of their better seasons in recent memory, if not one of their best ever. Not exactly a "down year."

They were in the top 25 until their last regular season game, which is a big freaking deal to them.

In my perfect world scenario, Bellotti takes the AD job(which will placete the angry mobs wanting his head on a platter), and June takes the Oregon job, bringing the Run-and-Shoot to the land of it's birth(bringing Glanville with him, of course). I'm not exactly holding my breath on this one.

But either way, I'm pretty much hoping that the kings of "But we beat Oregon State" get put in their rightful place -- 6 feet under. But I'm opposed to someone ridiculously spewing "Hawaii had a down year" to make their point, since that's an inaccurate staement.

I'm also opposed to my nephew continuing his musical career at Texas A&M University next year...but that's a different subject.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Boise State will give OU a game. Obviously, if talent were everything, they'd lose by 60, but the intangibles are on their side and that is big in college football. I can see Boise State jumping on them early and then the talent kicking in late in the 3rd quarter and OU pulling away to win by 10. Boise State will be able to run a little, but once OU gets into the flow of the game and the emotions settle down a little, they should pull away for a low double digit victory.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Felix wrote:...look at Ohio State-nobody is going to convince me that Northern Illinois poses a serious threat to anybody...yet nobody says "why is OSU playing these cream puffs"....how about that powerhouse Illinois team sporting that awesome 2-10 record that took OSU to the wire...yeah, their in the Big 10, but they're as big a cream puff as there is...Cincinatti is not a football team that's going to scare many top programs, yet nobody says anything about OSU scheduling these guys.....so the whole "cream puff" argument is kind of silly......
Ohio State played on the road, in early September, against the defending national champions. Louisville had Miami (FL)-- another team with an MNC within the last five years-- on the non-conference slate. Who did Boise play again? Just shut up and hope for a good game.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote: BSU has tried to schedule better teams, but for some reason most of the teams don't want to play them.......

go figure.....

Not hard to "figure."

BSU and its fans are suffering from Little Man's Syndrome.

You want reality Felix? I don't think you do, but here it is -- the reason "better teams" don't schedule BSU is because BSU sucks. You can whine, cry, and stomp your feet about it, but at the end of the day...BSU sucks.

They've had a couplefew good years pounding on community colleges. I know this means a lot to BSU fans(I used to get jazzed when my high school team rolled the OOC chumps, but I didn't figure that qualified them to play in the Super Bowl any time soon), but to ...everyone except BSU fans, it means...BSU got fat beating down community colleges. And included in this "everyone but BSU" subset are the AD of every BCS conference team.

But now, it's worse. All of a sudden, BSU has become arrogant(enjoy this while it lasts...for a few more days). BSU now thinks it's some great privilege to play them. True or not, it's the impression they give. And more than a couple of up-and-comer programs have shot themselves in the foot with this attitude. You ain't a powerhouse...not now, not 10 years from now.

Let's just take Oklahoma, for example. They found themselves with an open date not too far out. Put yourself in their AD's shoes -- should his team go fufill its H&H with Oregon(which it could have strung out for years), or play BSU(who undoubtedly rang his phone off the hook)? Hmmm....a team that while not a perennial powerhouse, certainly spends some time in the top 25 and racks up BCS points, and makes a run at a real conference every few years...

Or should they play Boise?

Who?

Boise.

Oh.

While BSU fans think they get the shaft in the rankings, those with perspective see it a little different -- that a real team somewhere gets the shaft every time Boise gets a decent rating.

Newsflash -- the only reason BSU gets and sort of decent ranking is because it's easier for the pollsters to compromise and throw you a bone than it is to listen to your incessant whining. This is fact.

What was BSU's big win again? That's right...Oregon Freaking State. While they had injuries and were playing quite horribly at the start of the season. Play that game again tomorrow, and BSU gets pounded.

I'll let you in on a little U&L secret -- Mike Riley came this close to losing his job over that game. He got death threats, as did QB Matt Moore over that game(those wacky Beaverfans). Riley almost got the mid-season hammer(how often does that happen) because of that game. The top booster subtly threatened to pull his support over that game.

So, Felix -- when a lower-tier team from a real conference(which these guys will even debate) want to send heads rolling because they lost on the road to you, what does that say about the regard anyone has for your "program" outside of the greater Boise area? When losing to your squad equates to humiliation for Oregon Freaking State, how does this fit in with your claimn to the top of the totem?

I see "A Dose Of Reality Elmo" wasn't included in your letter to Santa this year.

But that's OK. Live it up this week. You "earned" that shot at a BCS Bowl. For this, you should celebrate and be happy. Then, next week...you can shut the fuck up for another 20 years. Hopefully you take your beating with some class, which would be out of character for the "we got cheated" whiners.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

L45B wrote:
Ohio State played on the road, in early September, against the defending national champions.
Okay, what the fuck does that have to do with the conversation about cream puffs.....or are you going to tell me that Northern Illinois is a powerhouse program....
Louisville had Miami (FL)-- another team with an MNC within the last five years
and exactly what is the relevance of Louisville playing Miami in relation to talk of cream puffs ........
Just shut up and hope for a good game.
here's a better idea, why not come back with something that has some relevance to what the grownups are talking about.....

Note to Dins....nice try......