Chiefs-Brownies

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Re: Chiefs-Brownies

Post by ChargerMike »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:OK Q, sorry to have to do this, but we're gonna have to come in there and drop yet ANOTHER beatdown on your boys. Chuck Frye, while a nice little QB, will get repeated beatings from Tamba Hali/Jared Allen and dude probably shouldn't toss anything Ty Law's way either. LJ gets his standard 130+yards/2TDs, and Trent Green might not have to throw the ball 20 times.....unless, of course, they treat this game like they did the Miami game a few weeks ago (or WORSE, the fucking Stillers debacle....how AGAIN did we possibly get blown out by those bottom-feeders???). Anyway, I'm gonna roll with:

Chiefs- 24
Brownstains- 13

...feel free to run on Ty Law, just don't throw his way...

sin,

Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Do ya have to run smack on us BEFORE we get our asses kicked 'cause we're ready to concede right now?

Sin Browns fan

'06: Yet another season we want to forget.
Last edited by Bobby42 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

ChargerMike wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:OK Q, sorry to have to do this, but we're gonna have to come in there and drop yet ANOTHER beatdown on your boys. Chuck Frye, while a nice little QB, will get repeated beatings from Tamba Hali/Jared Allen and dude probably shouldn't toss anything Ty Law's way either. LJ gets his standard 130+yards/2TDs, and Trent Green might not have to throw the ball 20 times.....unless, of course, they treat this game like they did the Miami game a few weeks ago (or WORSE, the fucking Stillers debacle....how AGAIN did we possibly get blown out by those bottom-feeders???). Anyway, I'm gonna roll with:

Chiefs- 24
Brownstains- 13

...feel free to run on Ty Law, just don't throw his way...

sin,

No worries, Mike! I got his back...

sin,

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

^^^^^^^^ touche' :D
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Are you going to be a the game,Paula?

If not, I guess the Chefs are fucked, aren't they?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Shawn Marion
Elwood

Post by Shawn Marion »

Giving 13 points to the Browns is a bit of a stretch, unless there is a Cribbs return or a Green pick 6.

The offense hasn't scored a TD in like 3 games and they just got shut out by the NFL's worst defense.

Charlie Frye = the suck
8-1 feels so much better than 2-10-1
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

i have nothing to say about this game.

the BROWNS are in disaray + they are way young at the skilled positions....CHEFS could just "Breathe" a Blitz and Charlie Frye would go down.

(the O-line SUCKS.)

BROWNS D will keep it close for awhile. (if they can mount there 1st pass rush of the season....HAHAHAHAHA!)

LJ might get about 140 and "X" amt. of TDs.

there's NO Reason for the CHEFS to lose.

should be a Blow~OUT.

BUT? Don't keep the HOME TEAM in the Game...they are overdue to make something Stupid Happen.

~that's all i'm saying.

No injuries and Bon'Chance....
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Chuck Frye, while a nice little QB
Link?

Herm will take it easy on them. LJ can call his number. Chiefs, 27-7.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Just going out on a limb, but I don't think this will be an easy game for the chiefs. Cleveland has shown signs they can compete, and Private Winslow may be the tight end to watch in this game. I'll go with the upset.

Browns 23
Cheifs 17
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Helmet toss won for us the last time we were there - Still the wildest finish I think I can ever remember.

It's games like this that really tell if a team is a playoff contender, last time Chiefs had one in Miami they failed the test.

I'll call a Chiefs win, and bury them as playoff material if they lose
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Will the Chiefs beat the Browns worse than Braylon Edwards beats up Charlie Frye on the sidelines?

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Hey Q, good article in the paper this morning that you might appreciate. Tried to just post the link at first, but it re-directs to a registration page, so I had to C & P the whole thing. Can you relate?

----------------------------------

They’re not my father’s Browns
JOE POSNANSKI
The Kansas City Star

Things have changed a lot since the last time Spoon and I talked. We’re fathers now, for instance, home owners, lawn mowers, guys who drive unfashionable cars and vans while the kids watch DVDs in the back.

Also, in the years since we last spoke, the Browns came back to Cleveland.

“It’s so weird,” Spoon says. “These Browns don’t mean anything to me now.”

“I know,” I say. “It’s weird.”

There was a time, 20 or so years ago, when Spoon and I would talk about the Cleveland Browns more or less nonstop. I say “more or less” because we were young and single and we must have discussed other things like “Can you float me money for a Big Mac?” or “My car broke down again” or “Man, she turned you down flat.”

But I would say 98 percent of our talk revolved around the Cleveland Browns. We are both from the Cleveland area — Spoon is actually from Canton. And the Browns are life in Cleveland. We despised John Elway together. We cried over “The Fumble” together. We wore orange. We wore brown. We argued about who took losses harder. We spent unhealthy amounts of time dissecting Marty Schottenheimer. We glorified Bernie Kosar. We complained about Bill Belichick in the BHWAG years (Before He Was A Genius).

We were crazy, crazy fans.

Then the Browns left. Then we became grownups. Then these new Browns were born. And our other friends kept trying to convince us that these new Browns were just like the old Browns. Spoon and I just can’t buy in.

“It’s so weird,” Spoon says.

“I know.”

•••

The new Cleveland Browns — and they will always be the new Browns even though it has now been an astonishing eight years since they came back — are enormously popular. Cleveland Stadium has been filled to 99.8 percent capacity this year even though the team has been pretty dreadful (the Chiefs are at 98.9 percent). The Browns’ television ratings in Cleveland are off the charts. Browns merchandise still sells like mad. Browns talk still fills talk radio throughout Northeastern Ohio.

Around the world, there are now 279 Browns Backers clubs with almost 50,000 members. There’s a big Browns Backer club in Kansas City, another in Wichita, others in Tulsa, Des Moines, Omaha, Oklahoma City. The Cleveland Browns are in that stratosphere with the iconic teams of sports — the Chicago Cubs, Boston Celtics, Montreal Canadiens, St. Louis Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, etc. There are Browns fans everywhere.

I know fans have come to embrace and even love these new Browns. I admire them. I respect them. I’ve just never been able to do it.

I’ve thought about this a lot this week because Sunday, the Chiefs play in Cleveland against the Browns. So I called my old friend Spoon to ask how he feels about the Browns these days. We had lost touch as friends do. We had not talked in years. I was a little bit surprised to find that he feels exactly the same way I feel.

“I can’t put my finger on it,” Spoon says. “I know that I was devastated when the Browns moved out of Cleveland. It was about more than sports. To me it was like, ‘If the Browns can move, there’s nothing in the world that can’t change.’ It was like one morning the sun didn’t come up.

“I was there for the first game when the Browns came back. It was very cool. But then, I just couldn’t care about them the same way. I wanted to care. I don’t know. Maybe it’s because they’re so bad. I mean, that team is abysmal, boring, horrible. They’re hopeless. Maybe that’s it, I don’t know. The Browns just don’t matter to me any more.”

This is how my father feels, too. My father watched Jim Brown run. He taught me how to appreciate the finer points of Cleveland football, such as preparing for the inevitable heartbreak and screaming like a madman anytime the Browns went into the prevent defense. He, too, said the Browns don’t feel like the Browns.

“Not the same,” he says.

In the end, this is how I feel too. Of course, I’m a little bit different, I’m a sports columnist, and there’s no cheering in the press box. But I still feel like a fan at heart — when that goes I don’t suppose this job would be much fun. And it still hurts me in a way that’s hard to describe to have lost that feeling for the Cleveland Browns.

When I see the Browns now — in those classic uniforms that once thrilled me — they just blend into the scenery. They might be the Detroit Lions or Seattle Seahawks. And that, like Spoon says, is very weird. And more than a little bit sad.

“I went to see the Browns-(Carolina) Panthers game with my oldest son,” Spoon says. “My son is a huge Panthers fan. He’s the kind of fan who cries when the team is losing at halftime or Jake Delhomme throws two picks.”

“So he’s like we were with the Browns?”

“Exactly. Like us. We were sitting there for the Browns game, and I was rooting for the Panthers for him. Like I said, it was very weird. I thought, ‘How has my life come around to this point? I’m rooting for the Panthers against the Browns. How did the Browns become the ‘other team?’ I don’t know.”

I don’t know either. Maybe we’re still hurting from the Browns leaving the first time — like those Brooklyn fans who 50 years later are still angry at the Dodgers for going west. Maybe we’re entrenched in our new cities. Maybe we’re getting old. Maybe we’re handing our fan’s passion over to our children.

“Of course, I still watch every single Ohio State game,” Spoon says. “I have watched every single play this year. Every play. My son is a huge Ohio State fan, too. We go up once a year — and pay huge amounts of money to see them play. I mean $250 per ticket. … So Ohio State still means everything to me. That hasn’t changed at all.”

“Spoon,” I say, “what would you do if your oldest son was a Michigan fan?”

“Couldn’t happen,” he says. “Impossible.”

“Impossible?”

“Impossible,” he says. “You have to draw the line somewhere.”
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

KC Scott wrote:
It's games like this that really tell if a team is a playoff contender, last time Chiefs had one in Miami they failed the test.

I'll call a Chiefs win, and bury them as playoff material if they lose

Just a total shit effort by the D and the O-Line
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

:hfal: :paul: :mrgreen:

BUUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAWHAWHAWHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the JOY of being at work with the Radio on.......
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Christ, how in fuck do you blow a 14 point 4th qtr lead to one of the shittiest offenses in the league? You go into a shell and quit doing the things that got you the lead in the first place, that's how. Namely, quit throwing the ball to Tony.

This ranks right up there as one of the biggest choke jobs ever for this team. Simply inexcusable. No pressure on the QB, piss poor tackling, the D effort today reminded me of past years of futility in trying to get a stop when you absolutely have to have one. Greg Wesley and Sammy Knight need to go the fuck away and let's get Page and Pollard back there.

Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory today. Fuck, I think I'm going to be sick.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

If you can't stop the mighty Derek Anderson Express, you've got problems.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Tony G is putting on a Tight End CLINIC so far today....maybe the Soldjah will learn something from THE BEST TE IN THE GAME, PERIOD.

...cough cough, surely you jest Paul. How about the ONLY receiving option Greenie and the Squaws have...yeah, that's the ticket.

BTW....nice tank job to the Browneyes...narrow win over the Raiduhs should have warned ya!
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Tony G is putting on a Tight End CLINIC so far today....maybe the Soldjah will learn something from THE BEST TE IN THE GAME, PERIOD.

...cough cough, surely you jest Paul. How about the ONLY receiving option Greenie and the Squaws have...yeah, that's the ticket.
cough cough, surely YOU jest Mike. I believe you forgot Eddie Kennison and Samie Parker.

...no I didn't!
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Herm should have went with his "You play to win the game," speech.

Chiefs did not come prepared to win this game. Plain and simple. They pissed away yet another road game, and an AFC game. It happens every now and then for the best of teams, but it really happens alot for this team.

Winning on the road against a shitty Browns team would have proved nothing. Losing to a shitty Browns team means the Chiefs will now avoid making the playoffs, only to go 1 and out.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Just hoping the Chiefs can nut up and take down the Cravens next week before losing to the Bolts.

Go Chiefs
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

kcdave wrote: Winning on the road against a shitty Browns team would have proved nothing. Losing to a shitty Browns team means the Chiefs will now avoid making the playoffs, only to go 1 and out.
:mrgreen: Just to be clear...I see NO Props being given to a Team that had their back~up QB rally a Team from 14 Points down...then have a 33 yard scramble in overtime to set up the WIN?

....most on this board would say that the aforementioned backup BROWNS QB would equal a Practice Squad Player on MOST Teams...since the BROWNS Starter would be carrying the clip board...

i made my take up above saying that this could happen.....and it DID.

PROP the Efforts of THE Derek Anderson Express and The Cleveland Browns!
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

^^^^^^^^^^ duly noted Q..props!
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Qbert wrote:
kcdave wrote: Winning on the road against a shitty Browns team would have proved nothing. Losing to a shitty Browns team means the Chiefs will now avoid making the playoffs, only to go 1 and out.
:mrgreen: Just to be clear...I see NO Props being given to a Team that had their back~up QB rally a Team from 14 Points down...then have a 33 yard scramble in overtime to set up the WIN?

....most on this board would say that the aforementioned backup BROWNS QB would equal a Practice Squad Player on MOST Teams...since the BROWNS Starter would be carrying the clip board...

i made my take up above saying that this could happen.....and it DID.

PROP the Efforts of THE Derek Anderson Express and The Cleveland Browns!
Hey Q, I called a Brownstain victory. How bout you give me some props for calling my shot?

:lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Qbert wrote: Just to be clear...I see NO Props being given...
#@$!%^&&!*^%!$!#@*&*

There. Happy now?

Merry fuggen Christmas, Q.

Chief fan will enjoy the lump of coal they brought back from Cleveland.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A Missouri team gets hosed by a beaver?

Learn to get used to it, Misery residents.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

The Defensive line was atrocious in this game. They got absolutely no pressure on the QB. I really think Arrowhead makes the D-Line appear better than it is. The crowd gets so loud and I think it makes the opposing O-Line react a little slower at the snap. It's proven when the Chiefs go on the road. Outside of the STL game the Chiefs D-Line has been average to bad on the road. The play there is better than in years past. However, I still don't think it's good enough for this team to win road games. The guys in the middle have to do a better job. Hopefully Herm makes this one of his top priorities in the offseason.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Too many BIG PLAYS the D let happen on 3rd downs plus getting ZERO POINTS with Green throwing the endzone pick right after the fumble recovery on the kickoff right after the scoring drive starting the second half were killers. No team that has ever blown a 14 point 4th quarter lead to a Browns second string QB has ever won a playoff game in NFL history. Better luck next year. Chiefs will be lucky to be 9-7 and most likely it is 8-8.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Hey KCK, I think you're dead wrong. The Chiefs have a legit shot at 10-6. Problem is, that probably won't be good enough to make the playoffs. Again.

Whatever, I just wanted to give you some credit for not going to the "Fat Paul" card for a change, 'cause that's what I expected when I saw your nic as being the last post.

Less of that and more football takes (even if we disagree) are a good thing.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

<----SLAPPY!!!!!

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:(or AT LEAST beat a slappy like Pisspuke or the Brownstains)
SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!

Get OVER IT!!!!

you're Team overlooked the BROWNS and PAID for it. you were duly warned too!

Now bow down and eat your DAWGY treat! :mrgreen:
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Here is how I see it playing out:

Dec. 10 - Ravens @ Chiefs

Chiefs start slow and abandon the run when Ravens D shuts it down early leading to a TrINT pick-six and possibly a Ravens special teams TD (punt, kickoff return or blocked punt). Ravens kick a few field goals and the Chiefs are 7-6

RAVENS - 20
CHIEFS - 13

Dec. 17 - Chiefs @ Chargers

Game is flexed to NBC for Sunday Night Football and the Chargers take revenge on the Chiefs while resting a ton of starters in the 2nd half as they have the division all but wrapped up. This one will be FUGLY!

CHARGERS - 38
CHIEFS - 17

Dec. 23 - Chiefs @ Raiders

Could the Chiefs possibly lose to this JV squad? They could........but do just enough to win.

CHIEFS - 16
RAIDERS - 14

Dec. 31 - Jaguars @ Chiefs

Both teams are out of the hunt by this game and a relaxed KC squad runs all over the rollercoaster JAGS.

CHIEFS - 31
JAGUARS - 17

There you have it.......9-7 and out of the playoffs...........and possibly 8-8 if they end up shitting the bed in Oakland. It's a lock. :wink:
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Three for three on the winners in my predictions and will make it 4/4 when the Chiefs take care of the Jag-offs this Sunday. 9-7 and NO PLAYOFFS as no way CIN, TEN, and DEN all lose and even if they did the Chiefs would get smoked in INDY or NE in the first round.

It's better than the 8-8 I predicted at the beginning of the season.