raiduhs next beat down will be at Arrowhead

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Lames, you be the only dumbfuck up in this thread, and I would have racked Scott, but I was busy shoving your own words back through my pc, and into yours.

Im here to tell you now, you are number 1, uno, the lock, to make cryin ryan this year. You are the perfect example of why the whole thing was created. You keep cracking your team, some times when its not even warranted, but yet you blindly defend, have a total lack of facts or perspective, and most of all, avoid at all costs coming correct and admitting you were wrong.

Troll job? BWA!

Im calling bullshit.

Whats next? You gonna avoid this post claiming to have won the lotto or , just by chance, upon being invited to a party at Hugh Hefners house, were kidnapped by the playmates and denied internet access?

You are nothing more than a jerk off. Your boy Tart has a thread thats doing well wondering why peeps no longer post, when you are the classic example. Peeps dont have time to trade smack with someone that does so by your lame ass tactics.

Hell, cryin ryan may be to good for you. We need to make a new trophy do describe a putz with your pedigree. Suggestions anyone?
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

mvscal wrote:
jossjeff wrote:The point is that if you suck anyway develop the kid
Develop him into what? He sucks. It's an exercise in turd polishing.
And they will probably pass on Brady Quinn for another speedy DB, that can return kicks.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

After giving it some thought, I'm actually alright with Brooks getting the start.
I'll explain ......

I think it's a good time for Walter to stand on the sideline again for a spell.
Appears to me that he hit the wall in the 2nd half of the Mule game.
Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, brutally ruined the game for the team by his fumblitis, etc ...
Then he essentially melted down with the reporters in post-game.

Let's face it, he was pressed into action before he was probably REALLY ready to see it.
MUCH better scenario for breaking him in whould have been if he could have gone out there with at least something resembling an NFL unit around him.
He's young and green, and he's also pretty well had the shit kicked out of him for a number of weeks now.

Having a seat again and watching the game is not a bad thing for him right now, IMO.
Let him digest what has taken place the past half-season.
He got some legit games under his belt, didn't get hurt, and certainly learned some things the hard way.
He'll be better for this experience when he gets back on the field .... which I HOPE is again this year.

Everyone knows his comments about the gameplanning, etc, were on the money.
He would have been a lot better off keeping that behind closed doors though.
I honestly don't think that Art is yanking him entirely based on the comments he made.
I think it was a factor, yes, but not the entire reason.

I think Art recognizes what I am saying, and that is that the kid hit the wall, and if he keeps getting tossed out there right now it's not going to be productive for A.W. any more.
Walter has been captaining a sinking ship, and that's no place for a young-pup QB to be.

So toss Brooks out there now.
Can't be any worse for the offense than it's been with Walter, can it ... ?
And a change at signal-caller might give the offense a LITTLE shot of adrenaline, eh ... ?
Maybe ... ?

Brooks isn't going to be Oakland's next big winning QB, but for this moment in time, I'm alright with him taking the ball.

Art's problem right now is that he's hitched himself to this Walsh hack.
2/3 of Oakland's team (D, sp. teams) are doing quite well.
Art gets some credit for that, no ... ?
Hell, with even a bare MINIMUM of offensive competence this team would have beaten Cleveland and Denver, and they'd be 4-5 right now.

Let me ask Raider Nation this .....

Which current offensive starters are keepers .... ?
Which guys, if any, are guys you would feel good having in the starting line-up next year ... ?

Count 'em on one hand with fingers to spare, I do believe.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The Nation did not respond, so I'll give my take.
I've seen no games, and only limited highlights.
This is based on stats and accounts read.

WR - Moss -- buh bye. Should have been dealt before the trade deadline
LT - Gallery -- keeper. Moving him back to RT is a possibility
LG - Sims -- buh bye. I'm sick of his sub-mediocrity
C - Grove -- marginal keeper. Is he really center material? Maybe a move to guard?
RG - Boothe -- keeper. Young. Needs work. Probably not a legit starter now?
RT - Walker -- buh bye. POS
TE - Anderson -- Buh bye. Or have a seat on the bench
WR - Whitted -- buh bye
QB - Either Walter or Brooks will be back, and maybe both. Let's see what happens the rest of the way.
FB - Crockett -- buh bye. 'Bout out of gas.
RB - Jordan -- buh bye. Not gettin' it done. Either have a seat or hit the road.

I have 3 or 4 starters that are keepers as starters next year, and none of them are enthusiastic keepers.

2nd teamer R. Curry is a definite keeper, and he could be a starter at receiver next year.

That's what I see.
The team needs to have a MAJOR offensive overhaul in the off-season.
Last edited by poptart on Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Former NFL MVP Rich Gannon's take on the game:

Asked by the Kansas City Star if the Raiders had a realistic chance of winning, he said, “Not really. Just being honest. I do think the Raiders’ defense is playing very well. they have some young guys who are good athletes and who play aggressively to the ball.

“But on the offensive side of the ball, it’s just the opposite. A polar opposite. It’s as bad an offense as I’ve seen in a long, long time in the NFL. Maybe ever.'’

Gannon said Oakland’s average yards to go on third down was 9 yards.

“How can you be successful if it’s always third-and-9?,'’ Gannon said.

We heard A. Walter's mini-meltdown in post-game last Sunday.

What do you think R. Gannon would have sounded like after a couple of games if he were QBing this team ... ?
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

poptart wrote:The Nation did not respond, so I'll give my take.

C - Grove -- marginal keeper. Is he really center material? Maybe a move to guard?
WR - Whitted -- buh bye
QB - Either Walter or Brooks will be back, and maybe both. Let's see what happens the rest of the way.
RB - Jordan -- buh bye. Not gettin' it done. Either have a seat or hit the road.

I have 3 or 4 starters that are keepers as starters next year, and none of them are enthusiastic keepers.

2nd teamer R. Curry is a definite keeper, and he could be a starter at receiver next year.

That's what I see.
C'mon Pops you can't cut virtually the entire offense in one season no matter how much you might want to. Salary cap and all taken into consideration.

#1 on my wish list is Jerry Fucking Porter. Dude was a part time contributer even during his decent years and has been nothing but a spoiled child so far this year. He is grossly overpaid and a poor influence on a young team.

I'd love to trade him in the offseason but his value is practically nil right about now. Remember the Mules got a 3rd rounder for Ashley Lelie, a player with real similar stats to Porter when he actually contributing.

I'd love a 3rd right about now, but I'd take just about anything to make him go away.

Langston Walker is a close 2nd. how long is that fat fuck gonna live off the blocked FG in Denver a few years back? Dude was supposed to be a pass blocker- that's a laugh if I ever heard it. Fuck his laziness and D cup mantitties. He needs to go.

Barry Sims - My level of hatred isn't nearly as intense for you as some others since you actually were a decent player once but you clearly are past your prime. Thanks for the memories now we need to move on.

The coaches...Walsh is a given, Shell should be but I fear Alcula will be to embarassed to admit that he fucked up yet another coaching hire so we likely will be stuck watching Shell fumble and bumble on the sidelines pretending that he has any business there at all.

I wanted Moss gone before the latest little gem but I just can't see it. How much dead money can we afford to have next season? Between Moss and Porter I seem to recall it was around 12 mil in hits if we dump them both.

LaMont Jordan: See above. Bad signing. Doesn't run as hard as he seemed to with the Jets, stutter steps like a fucking ballroom dancer and can't block worth a shit. Again though how much dead money and who replaces him as our...ahem feature back.

Aaron Brooks - go fuck yourself. They have IPOD's in every NFL city and I'm sure some team will be looking for a supposed "leader" that clearly doesn't give a fuck if we win or lose.

Gallery probably should be on the block but his ungodly contract buys him another year for better or worse.

Lance Johnstone hasn't done much...buh bye.

Courtney Anderson: A 270 lb pussy with hands of stone. He has contracted whatever non blocking disease that seemingly our entire team has a severe case of and is pretty much taking up space. Still though as 7th rounder he is cap friendly and might squeeze through the purging.

Stuie Schweigert though improved still makes me cringe whever he attempts a tackle. I think the dude brings about as much of a physical presence to the position as mini me from Austin Powers would. Still we drafted a safety high last year can we afford to do it again? I'm thinking not.

Let's be realistic boys and girls....Put aside the defensive side of the ball for the most part and pretty much everything else needs to go.

But you can only do so much in one offseason.

My wish list:

Running Back, Tackle, Guard, Defensive End, Defensive Tackle, Safety, Tight End....

Possibly Quarterback but with Walter likely headed for the bench it's gonna be hard to make that determination isn't it?

At 2-7 we sure are in a hurry to put in a player who most seem to think isn't the long term answer.

Good move Uncle Jemima Shell. hold the kid accountable when you have brushed off comments from everyone else all season long.

You are a pussy and every second you continue to "lead" this team you tarnish your reputation not only as a football person but as a man as well.

What a fucking joke this team and organization is.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

poptart wrote:The Nation did not respond, so I'll give my take.

WR - Whitted -- buh bye

That's what I see.
Sorry I'm late.

Moss and Porter cant leave fast enough. They have gone beyond being just cancers, they are poison.
Crockett isnt a fullback and its time to move on.
Jordan when healthy and used properly has been effective,I would give him one more year.
Gallery moved to LG could be exactly what he needs. Hes out of his league at LT.
Anderson is as good as gone,Williams is the new TE now.
Brooks wont be back
Grove is a decent center unfortuntely its a mob mentality with the line, the poor play seems to be infectuos.
Tom Walsh needs to be shown the door of course shoot his offense was obsolulete in 1994!
Whitted aka James Jett lite shoulda be let go years ago,another one of Al's speedsters.
I say give Walter one more year ,sign a legit backup QB and teach this kid some fundamentals and get him some help with his footwork. Take boxing lessons or get him a jump rope.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
mvscal wrote:
jossjeff wrote:The point is that if you suck anyway develop the kid
Develop him into what? He sucks. It's an exercise in turd polishing.
GODDAMN Alcula's a stupid motherfucker for NOT drafting Matt Leinart, when that position was CLEARLY Oakland's greatest need.

Having said that, thanks again for the draft day ineptness, DaywalkerDude! :lol:
Look Paul I'm on record as saying that we should have drafted Leinart.

That being said however Huff has had a very nice rookie season. As someone who has watched every snap I can say that with confidence.

He is alternating between Safety and Corner (depending on the defense called) and even plays linebacker occasionally, aside from a few jukes he has played very well. He covers like glue and will only get better with experience.

Dude is heads and tails above Derrick Gibson and has played like a man all season long.

IMHO he is a future star in this league and the Nation will be happy to have him on our side.

Huff is not the problem, the shit O line is.

We simply have to fix to O line in the offseason. Our skill players have no chance with this group.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

No disrespect Assassin but Randall Williams is a WR playing TE.

This team needs a blocking TE in the worst possible way.

JMHO.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

It ALL starts with the line.

Why the FUCK nobody (outside of the extremely smart coaches) seems to realize this is beyond me.

Name ONE fucking championship team that had a SHIT O-line but a badass RB, QB, and WR's. Dont bother, that team doesnt exist. Same goes for the D-line, although we FINALLY look to have that sewn up decently now.

Al obviously never got the memo on that or the importance of a good coach-because he has undervalued BOTH since i've watched this team as a kid.

Its impossible to evaluate our QB and RB situation with the turnstiles we currently have leaving both of them on thier ass in the backfield. Hell, even ONE lineman can make a huge difference....just ask the Seahawks about losing hutchinson.

Start with the line and offensive coaches. Period.

Gallery-Sucks cock but move him back to RT since his contract has us fucked. I'd kick his pussy ass to the curb in a second if it was feasable.
Sims-Even when he was "decent", he was an underacheiver. Fuck him. Bye Bye.
Grove-Sucks horsecock at center. Move him to guard immediately.
Walker-Al was a fucking moron for picking this guy higher than he should've-and he's an even bigger fucking moron now for waiting this long to cut this shitbag loose.
Anderson-Another useless Al pick. Bye bye, Dudley.
Whitted-Al is a fucking moron. Again. Bye.
Porter-Al is a fucking moron. Again. Bye............oh wait, nice contract Alvis-Good to have you back, Jerry.

Keepers: Everybody else. Moss gets one more year with me. Its imperative that guys like Walter, Crockett, and Curry stay due to the fact that thier spirit hasnt been broken yet, and they are strong minded and mostly positive individuals.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

RACK james. cept Grove is a Hokie so he got love.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

It ALL starts with the line.
RACK

Disagree with a few points though.
Sims-Even when he was "decent", he was an underacheiver. Fuck him. Bye Bye.
1. Barry Sims is an overacheiver IMO. An undrafted free agent who was the starting left tackle in the Super Bowl. How many times has that happened? Dude is clearly done but I'll give him props for playing at a decent level for us for a few years. He is not the run blocker we need at Guard and it's time to cut the cord.

Personally I'd leave Gallery at LT for another season. Sink or swim bitch.... Not the best solution but with the cap it may be our only one. Besides if we wernt ordering our QB's to hold the ball for 45 seconds or so he might actually have a chance at pass protection. Not giving the dude a pass for underacheiving but just saying that our offense does an O lineman no favors whatsoever.

Grove-Sucks horsecock at center. Move him to guard immediately
Whoa....Could not agree less. I saw Grove play Guard his rookie year and was unimpressed. Grove struggles in space and is more suited for center IMO. Dude may not be a star but he is better than people give him credit for. He is hurt by the shit Guard play around him more than anything else. His snaps need to improve as does his strength but I think he is a starter in this league.

Its impossible to evaluate our QB and RB situation with the turnstiles we currently have leaving both of them on thier ass in the backfield.
True Dat.

I'd like to see Walter behind a decent O line with a decent coaching staff before we write him off.

Jordans lack of blocking skills have me about ready to throw in the towel on that motherfucker though. He isn't a rookie and there is no excuse for his lack of effort in pass blocking.

My $.02.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

C'mon Pops you can't cut virtually the entire offense in one season no matter how much you might want to. Salary cap and all taken into consideration.
Grove, Gallery and Boothe back at O-line -- somewhere.
McQ ready next year ... ?

Brooks or Walter are likely under center.
Curry is in at WR.
Can Morant be ready ... ?

LaMont might have to remain due to $$$ considerations.
I've soured on him this year though.

Moss is publicly begging out now.
He's gonna be dumped, IMO, and they should have already traded him.
They blew it with him.
Porter will also be gone, one way or another.

We need a couple of O-linemen, a TE, a receiver, and possibly a QB.
Blocking back maybe, but that takes a back seat to the others, IMO.

We need BLOCKING, offensive leadership, and a somebody at either RB or QB that can make some plays.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

I don't think Moss is going anywhere. Alcula won't give up on his game breaker, especially when he is unlikely to get anything but shit offers in return. Agreed with the Raiders blowing the trading opportunity though.

I'll be the first to admit that I was intrigued by the idea of McQuistin more than the player. I have a thing for blue collar players but it was apparent from game 1 that he wasn't ready. He was getting killed on a regular basis while starting, and I mean killed, as in not even close. He is a major question mark until he proves differently. He played tackle in college and may move there eventually.

I just don't think you can cut Moss and Porter in the same offseason with the cap hits.

Jordan and Gallery should go but for reasons above probably will stay.

Give me a blocking Tight End for the love of fuck.

Give me blocking of any kind for the love of fuck.

Give me a new offensive philosophy where we get rid of the ball in under 10 seconds.

Again the line is shit but we are hanging them out to dry...again.

Ogden, Pace, or Jones couldn't keep our QB upright for as long a time as our O lineman are expected to hold blocks.

Our philosophy is a joke.

It's 2006 for fucks sakes, join the times.

It's a disaster Pops, we don't just need a personell change we need a culture change.

EDIT

Morant is a more of a possession receiver than a speed guy. That is why he gets no love IMO. Personally not only would I play him but I would start him.

What have we got to lose?

War effort.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The 'culture change' you speak of must refer to Al, I assume, because apart from a couple of high-profile player jerkoffs the team seems to be playing hard.
The defense is quite frankly, knock on wood, .... impressive ??
They are getting the fuck AFTER IT, week in and week out.

I think we all agree that the offensive philosophy is a joke.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

poptart wrote:The 'culture change' you speak of must refer to Al, I assume, because apart from a couple of high-profile player jerkoffs the team seems to be playing hard.
The defense is quite frankly, knock on wood, .... impressive ??
They are getting the fuck AFTER IT, week in and week out.

I think we all agree that the offensive philosophy is a joke.
Not exactly.

Al deserves his share of the blame for sure but it isn't all his fault.

We did after all go to the Super Bowl recently under Alcula.

It's the culture of nonaccountability that pisses me off to no end.

Davis had his time.....but IMO his time is gone.

The vuhtical game is a thing of the past IMO.

Take your shots yes....but don't live by them.

The offensive philosophy should simply be to get first downs....big plays will come.

We saw it with Gannon and the WC. You don't need to play low % football to win.

You simply can't hold the ball so long though, defenders are more athletic than ever and someone will get to the QB

The defense is athletic yes but they are a bit soft up the middle imo.

I've watched opponents go up 7-0 then go into a shell all season long.

The D is promising but a bit misleading IMO.

Keep in mind our division rivals.

We have to stop the run to win consistently.

Yes some have played hard but this is a results business.

The trenches is where the game is won these days.

Stop the run, play good D, don't fuck yourself over.

UnRaiderlike.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I agree that Oakland is still vulnerable v. the run.
KC will pound that hard tomorrow.

It' figures to be an offensive draft for the Raiders in '07, but the defense needs some help in the middle of the line.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

jossjeff wrote:
No disrespect Assassin but Randall Williams is a WR playing TE.

This team needs a blocking TE in the worst possible way.

JMHO.

None taken my brotha. What Im saying is as of now Williams is our TE. I agree completely we needed a blocking TE that can catch the occasional pass for a first down. Anderson has hands made of stone and Williams only has the job by default. Marcelius Rivers was a decent blocker but Al,,I mean Art decided to let him walk.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:When Chucky left, the emphasis on strong offensive line play left too and we're seeing the results today.
The line that got the Raiders to a Super Bowl got old -- plain and simple.

Oakland didn't give up an emphasis on it's O-line because a coach left.
Hell, they used their two top picks in '04 on O-linemen, they used a #2 in '02 on an O-lineman, and they drafted two linemen in '06.

As Mal has pointed out a number of times, the current O-line is being made to look even worse than it is by the laughable offensive concept the team is using.

Use some quick hitters and a poor O-line can look halfway decent.
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

Brooks is starting. FUCKING HATE!!! Walter’s play last week was terrible. I have no problem with Tui going for a week or two. I think AW will back in the line-up shortly. I pray that SOMEBODY on KC steps up and concusses and flushes the terlit on #2.

Why is Brooks even on the fucking roster? I will watch the game like I always do but it’s kind of like waiting for your last ditch crack supplier to stop over with his usual bad stock. The rock just fizzles and blisters leaving you with a wisp of nothingness and a head full of rage.

Brooks starting is just sad.

I’d love to see Brooks hand the ball to Zack Crockett all day long.
Our young budding badass defense must force 2-3 Queef turnovers and the offense despite Brooks must convert the opportunities and put at least 17 points on the board today to win.

WAR Kirk Morrison!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

^^^Who's the noob?

'sup, Toos?

You know, this will be the first time in like 4-5 years that we haven't had a wager on a Raiders - Chiefs game.

Damnit man, that was like part of my beer budget.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Chiefs better get thier offense going, becuase the Duhs offense looks better, as well as thier defense.

Green is 2/4 for 11 yards.

Anybody screaming for Huard yet?

:lol:

:lol:
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...and the Duhs take the lead...OMG
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Didn't I fucking say that this would be a close game?

KC seemed to think that all they had to do today was show up, and the Raiders would lay down.

WRONG!

Green looks like shit. Tentative and afraid to let go of the ball.

Brooks, on the other hand, looks poised and confident. He's very mobile and hard to get a grip on. Looked like he was going to be sacked about 5 different times, but he somehow wriggles free and then finds a wide open target down field.

Did I not also say that he would be a big improvement over Walter?

Fuck me for being right.

KC better pull their heads out quick, and if that means putting Huard in, so be it.

We CANNOT afford to lose this game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Trent looks fine so far.
Right.

He's short arming passes and hitting receivers at the ankles. Other than that, he looks just fine. :meds:
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...chip shot by Tynes ties it up.....oops :oops: :oops:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

whew...

I woulda' been so pissed had KC lost this game ...

Great effort by the Raiders, much like I expected.

Like I said, whenever these two hook up, just throw the records out.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC forces Oakland to settle for FGs twice in the first half.
KC rushes for 180 yds.
KC's defense makes a big play when it's desperately needed.

Looks to me like the better team won.

Good game, Chef fan.

Another very solid 2nd half performance by the Raiders.
The Art of being outcoached.
This week Herm is the genius.

Speed dialing Bernard Petrino .........................
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

So Pop..is that your final post??
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

My final post shouldn't sound like that, should it .... ?

Anyway, Q said retirement is not an option.

I'll hang around until we get to our next new-and-improved board.

If that one sucks I'll retire.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Btw, terrible throw by Brooks on the game-killer.
Hindsight 20/20, but a QB draw might have been the way to go in that situation.
Oakland had time-outs remaining, no .... ?
Shotgun and then throwing into a crowded endzone is risky business.
Oh wellz ............

Brooks made some plays with his legs today though.
Pretty sure KC would have racked up 6-7 sacks if Walter had played.

For what it's worth, seems to me that Randy Moss is done as an 'elite' receiver in the NFL.
Since getting dinged v. SD last year he has had just 2 100 yd games out of 20 played.
He has NOTHING today.

Oakland should have dealt him before the deadline, and now they're fucked as far as he's concerned.
Currently he's a cancer.
Future-speaking, he's not going to get them as much as they'd like in a trade.
Or .... if they keep him he's not going to come close to living up to expectations and salary.

Nice yob, Al.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

that high powered Kansas City offense was everything I'd expected........

KC fan should be thanking God the Chefs were at home for this one.......
get out, get out while there's still time
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

poptart wrote:Btw, terrible throw by Brooks on the game-killer.
Hindsight 20/20, but a QB draw might have been the way to go in that situation.
Oakland had time-outs remaining, no .... ?
Shotgun and then throwing into a crowded endzone is risky business.
Oh wellz ............

Brooks made some plays with his legs today though.
Pretty sure KC would have racked up 6-7 sacks if Walter had played.

For what it's worth, seems to me that Randy Moss is done as an 'elite' receiver in the NFL.
Since getting dinged v. SD last year he has had just 2 100 yd games out of 20 played.
He has NOTHING today.

Oakland should have dealt him before the deadline, and now they're fucked as far as he's concerned.
Currently he's a cancer.
Future-speaking, he's not going to get them as much as they'd like in a trade.
Or .... if they keep him he's not going to come close to living up to expectations and salary.

Nice yob, Al.
Brooks is Brooks.

Dude will get you close enough to taste victory only to fuck it up in the end.

I didn't see the whole game as I worked early Sunday morning but I saw the end.

His final pass was obviously a mistake but Randy Moss didn't even make an effort to break that shit up.

Just watched with his hands at his side while the pass was picked.

Reprefuckinghensible.

Props to Asomugha for continuing to develop. The Raiders need to extend him before he is starting for someone else.

Like we discussed yesterday Pops, the Raider D has tons of skill but is still soft vs. the run. It showed today.

Uncle Jemima got his shit pushed in by Herm Edwards who I think very little of as an NFL coach.

Laughable.

Jordan tore a MCL and likely is done for the year.

2-8....

7 straight vs. the Chiefs.

How many division losses in a row?

Anyone remember when this franchise actually mattered?

Neither do I.

War tequila.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote:that high powered Kansas City offense was everything I'd expected........
Who said it was high powered?

Other than LJ, they pretty much had nothing today. Just as expected.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

jossjeff wrote:
Anyone remember when this franchise actually mattered?

Neither do I.

War tequila.
Hate to RACK this...............but RACK

Moss is due around 11 million next year. If we can get rid of his ass for a fucking 4th to 5th rounder, I say DO IT. Free the fucking money up and get a decent reciever on the market who will at least give it his all and gut it out. With the other 8 million we can fill our line needs on both sides of the ball.

We might have a slight dropoff on the offensive side of the ball initally with such a move, but who the fuck would notice anyway?

Al needs to get the fuck on. This mess is pathetic and inexcusable.

Die Alcula, DIE.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I'd like to be the first to RACK Randy Moss for his outstanding performance today. He was clutch and was there when the Raiders needed a big play today. Today you all got to witness what makes Randy Moss one of the NFL's elite.

:meds: for all you idiots who don't get sarcasm.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Agreed on Asomugha, Mal.
He's become a player.
I've been critical of Oakland's recent drafts, but there ARE some keepers.

Since 2002:

N. Asomugha
F. Washington
R. Curry (7th rd)
S. Williams
D. Gabriel (N.E. Patriots haha)
K. Morrison
M. Huff

We desperately need some offensive keepers.

Brooks is Brooks, yeah.
No doubt Saint fan nodded his head when he tossed that boneheaded pass to the end-zone.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Ugly game - Ugly win.

Just fuggin ugly - but we'll take it.

Brooks again exposed our ongoing weakness to mobile Qbs -
And our pass rush against the worst line in recent memory left a lot to be desired.

Green needed a half to get sorta in a groove.
At least LJ keeps trucking on through.

Maybe Reverend Herm can coax a full blown effort Thursday night against the Doinks
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

poptart wrote:Agreed on Asomugha, Mal.
He's become a player.
I've been critical of Oakland's recent drafts, but there ARE some keepers.

Since 2002:

N. Asomugha
F. Washington
R. Curry (7th rd)
S. Williams
D. Gabriel (N.E. Patriots haha)
K. Morrison
M. Huff

We desperately need some offensive keepers.

Brooks is Brooks, yeah.
No doubt Saint fan nodded his head when he tossed that boneheaded pass to the end-zone.
I'm not positive but I believe it's a contract year for Aso.

We need to lock him up. Guys who are 6'1'' 210 pounds and have good speed with cover ability just aren't plentiful.

Too bad he gets no love playing on this shit team but I guarantee you that other GM's have noticed him.

BTW I'd add Thomas Howard to your list. I'm liking what I see from that guy more and more.

Sam Williams always had game but never could stay on the field.

I'm on record as saying Huff will be a star in this league.

Lot's of defensive skill, let's add some more muscle up front to give em a chance to make plays.

And yes we could use a new impact offensive player or eleven.

Choosing between Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter is the equalivent of picking Cancer or AIDS.

Two new lineman, a TE, a WR, a RB, and a QB would be nice.

Oh is that all?

An offensive philosophy that doens't consistently get our guys killed might be in order as well.

We are so screwed.