The Madness is about to begin

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Shine
Leads all Lists

The Madness is about to begin

Post by Shine »

The Madness may end in March but it starts at MIDNIGHT!!!! This Friday the college hoops season officially tips off. The ESPNU cameras will be in Bloomington, as will I. Excited for a season with a legit head coach on the sidelines!!!
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Good luck with that.
Yep, IU should be good for fourth in the Big10.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rack the new era of Mizzou basketball.

a team that will work, play hard, not quit, and give teams 40 minutes of hell(ok, not this year, but anderson will get his guys)

I expect big things in the next 5 years from anderson and company.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Enjoy being on the losing end of a lot of 107-90 games. Anderson takes defense as seriously as Don Nelson.

But hey, at least it will be entertaining, right? :lol:
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

That's not totally true. Remember 40 Minutes of Hell? Yeah, he was there for that.

I'll have thoughts on Duke at some point. Gotta get the Cards their WS champinoship first.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

College basketball doesn't start until football season is over. ;)
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Degenerate wrote:Anderson takes defense as seriously as Don Nelson.
Have you already forgotten the Quin Snyder years? Quin took defense, fundamentals and shot selection with no seriousness.

But hey, at least it will be entertaining, right? :lol:
Gayhawks always good for one win a year.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

I think Anderson was a good hire for you guys. I think this year could be a struggle, but if he can get some athletes over there, Mizzou will be fine in two or three years. At the very least they should at least be entertaining to watch; something that wasn't necessarily true the last few years.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

helmet wrote: I'll have thoughts on Duke at some point. Gotta get the Cards their WS champinoship first.
Why would you wait another 12 years to tell us your thoughts on Dook??

Or does champinoship mean something else. ;)
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

ESPN is already predicting Noah will go BEHIND Oden in the draft.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Well, in 12 years, my thoughts on Duke will be
1. Now that K has 1000 career wins and 7 titles, is he in the discussion of greatest ever college coaches?
2. Isn't it a shame that we don't get to massacre UNC twice a year any more, ever since that freak earthquake swallowed up Chapel Hell?
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Shine wrote:
helmet wrote: I'll have thoughts on Duke at some point. Gotta get the Cards their WS champinoship first.
Why would you wait another 12 years to tell us your thoughts on Dook??
They will have fundamental players that play way too much in the regular season, they will have one player that everyone in the nation hates, and they will lose in the sweet 16 or elite 8.

Rinse, recycle, repeat.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

I don't even care that our storied coach drank his way into retirement, and we lost players along the way, and our new coach (son of old coach, but I didn't need to tell you all that) talks with a slight speech impediment but from all reports is going to be Eddie squared and then some :). I love college basketball and will get a ticket to any game at GIA any time I can! Even as faculty in a wing community college site, it's big money for season tickets (about 800 for a single seat for the season), and the only single game tickets available are on winter break, so those are the games I get to see in person. For the rest I'm plugged in on the radio or watching when they are televised.

Other sports...I just watch my team. With college basketball, any game is fun to watch. Sure, I follow my team, but if a game is on and I have some time...it's always good.

Ah, the first frost in the Moat, and the beginning of college basketball. What could be better?
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Nothing like a little probation to get the "madness" going in Lawrence! Ugh.