Can we have a REAL discussion on NU/USC?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Can we have a REAL discussion on NU/USC?

Post by At Large »

With no bradhuskers? Please?

I'll talk NU/USC, but as soon as brad shows up, I will stop this thread and start another one. Want to see 100 NU/USC threads? Just try me. :hfal:

Let me give an official f-you to you USC fans. :hfal: I am so freaking sick and tired of read how you guys are the only team with history and what not. According to you guys, you never went away and the previous 20 years prior to Carrol's arrival was an illusion while you lay dormant in your hibernation.

While we're at it, let's give an official f-you to you USC apologists in the media. :hfal: I'm surprised that you guys managed to get one hand free from your USC circle jerk to actually write an article or two. From what I've read so far, there are several themes. That Matt Leinert sucked while Booty is the most complete quarterback they've ever had who can make throws that Leinert could only dream of while finding a cure for cancer on the sidelines. The other articles I've read talk glowingly about how the graduation of the USC stars has really brought up the team morale and that everyone is smiling now that the ball's being spread around. I hear you, that's gotta be tough weathering the weight of being the most loved team in the land while fighting off all the hot girls on campus that want to bone you. Hang in there guys, your hurt will only get better.

Let me also give an f-you to you husker bashers predicting at least a 50-point blowout. :hfal: I'm not about to predict a win, but I think NU is not just going to go there to lay down and die. I seem to recall large blowout predictions prior to the Michigan game last year, but if memory serves, NU actually won that game. Not saying the same thing will happen again, but it could.

But you're right. Why even play the game? We all know USC is the shit and NU is shitty, so why even bother? I mean, if we didn't play games it'd make things a lot easier. It's high time that teams like NU need to face reality that we could never ever expect to compete with the likes of USC.

Should I even bring up that NU actually has a good, experienced QB this year with a 73.2 passing percentage? Probably not. After all, it came against the likes of La Tech and Nichols State. And we all know that playing scrubs to start the season will NOT prepare you to come into a visitor's stadium and win, just ask Texas last year when they played Ohio State.

So let's get it on. Just remember NU sucks and USC is the shit. :hfal:
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: Can we have a REAL discussion on NU/USC?

Post by The Seer »

At Large wrote:
Let me give an official f-you to you USC fans. :hfal: I am so freaking sick and tired of read how you guys are the only team with history and what not. According to you guys, you never went away and the previous 20 years prior to Carrol's arrival was an illusion while you lay dormant in your hibernation.

facts is facts
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

According to you guys, you never went away and the previous 20 years prior to Carrol's arrival was an illusion while you lay dormant in your hibernation.
Who are "you guys"?

Certainly not me, and certainly not Meds.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

In a more serious vein, this game almost defies handicapping...

USC is breaking in far too many new people (many of whom are playing now not because of graduation, as you stated, but because of early NFL defections, the fact of which seriously damages a team's planned continuity) and Nebraska hasn't even played yet this season.

What in hell do we really know about either team yet?

I know that where Nebraska is concerned all we know about them is what we know based on what they did last season. They sorta returned to respectability. Nothing great, but not the total embarrassment they'd become...

Regarding USC, I know:

-Booty's a lot more sharp, polished and poised than most first year starting QBs. USC's offensive continuity seems to be in good hands there.

-Their D just lost their best DB for the year (again) but overall they can't help but be better than last year's injury ravaged squad. They won't be easy to beat with the run.

-They have the best WR squad in the nation, with Jarrett, Smith and Turner. They also have an additional weapon with their increased use of the TE as a regular option in the passing game.

-Their rushing game won't be but a shadow of its former self, with undergrads Reggie Bush, Lendale White and their two best OL defecting early and their best blocking FB being MIA too.

I have no idea on this game. Yeah, I could easily see it turning into a USC blowout, especially late. I could also see it turning into an ugly slopfest along the lines of Miami-FSU, with the winner simply being the team that steps on its own dick the least.

I guess if I have to make a prediction based on so little info I'll wing it and say it feels like...

USC 31
Nebraska 20

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

USC 34
Nebraska 17
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

USC: 70
Neb: 10 (late)
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

USC by 10+

Nebraska still rebuilding, they will have to play the perfect game to even stay close. Usc has too much talent on the field. USC defense will keep improving, and the Offense has the players and tools to be good.(shit, they have 2 stud wr)And the running game will take care of itself for USC, more reps the better. USC has a monster 3 game stretch later in season(ND,Oregon,Cal)

I'm still not sold on Nebraska and Taylor. He looked fucking horrible in games where teams got pressure on him(i'm sure carroll will have his defense ready). I honestly can't see Nebraska winning this game.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Believe the Heupel wrote:The only question is how soon Callahan starts running inside to keep the score within 30 and not demoralize his team.

Because the coach giving up on his players is totally motivational.
Unless you're referring to his days with the Raiders when his players flat out quit on him (and vice versa) what are you referring to now with that comment?

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

What did you expect him to do? Have Joe Dailey throw a bunch more interceptions? :meds:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

At Large wrote:What did you expect him to do? Have Joe Dailey throw a bunch more interceptions? :meds:
he did throw 4 yesterday

i still remember my tot thread,"mu beats nebraska, because of dailey" i claimed him as one of worst qbs in country, took a huge pileon, then laughed as he threw int after int. didnt they have a decent backup? but dailey was #1 qb?

i thought he was done with football, untill he reared his ugly head at UNC. bunting will be gone soon, that program is in shit shape.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Callahan just said "Fuck it, let's not get blown out" and proceeded to run the ball 40 times out of 53 total offensive plays.
See, I'd have taken that yesterday. The PSU staff got spooked and reverted to the single wing. Early on, PSU was running the ball well.

We were treated to the familarly shocking spectacle of the PSU QB being lined up at WR...this is supposed to flummox the defense, apparently.

So, sticking to the run might have been a good option for PSU.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

B-t-H, seems to me that the surest way to guarantee you'll get blown out by 40 by USC is to run the ball into the center of the line every down.

If you don't even try to score or move the ball it would seem you're just begging for your own D to get destroyed by being on the field forever...

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

I'm very much looking forward to this game and getting back on campus for the first time in nine months. Weather should be good and the party will be ON.

I respect Nebraska as a program, and I'm sure our players and coaches do as well. That said, I'm not too concerned about the outcome.

In fact - I'm more worried about the parking.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I didn't say it worked out particularly well.
:-)

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:In fact - I'm more worried about the parking.
Why At Large started this thread.

I love the not "knowing your opponent mentality".

Can't blame ya Med's, cuz ESPN and ABC ain't married to the Big 12 so Game Day, Fowler, Herbstreet and loser coach Corso,.... Davis, Holtz,and May don't have they're finger on the pulse of CFB like they'd like everyone to believe. Thus we get no love and a blind eye is the underdog's best friend.

They hate NU and couldn't stand the fact they stole the media...or lack there of..limelight in the 90's..
come-on.. have do you pump glitter into cornrow USA?

It wasn't about the best football...it's about the best story..and media outlets=interest.. not fact.

I say [blank] all you bitches...and if Callahan didn't want to exploit his program to humiliation at the cost of Oklahoma fans point spread hay day, I say kiss my Big Red Ass.

What I hope for is OU finds their way to K.C. in December. Hey with a little help from Nebraska, it just might happen.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I think that Nebraska wins.

I don't know why. Call it a "vision." Call it all the cold medicine I've spent the entire weekend on. But I think that Nebbish finds a way and re-establishes themselves as a national power by winning this game.

Either that or Callahan re-establishes himself as a shitbucket and they get blown to shit and lose by 40.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

the_ouskull wrote:I think that Nebraska wins.

I don't know why. Call it a "vision." Call it all the cold medicine I've spent the entire weekend on. But I think that Nebbish finds a way and re-establishes themselves as a national power by winning this game.

Either that or Callahan re-establishes himself as a shitbucket and they get blown to shit and lose by 40.

the_ouskull
Always clued...period.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cornhusker wrote: I love the not "knowing your opponent mentality".
Really? But then this gem.
What I hope for is OU finds their way to K.C. in December.
Why? You apparently take it as a foregone conclusion that NU is going to be here?

Pot calling kettle black, much?

This just in for the ethanol inebriated corn abusers drunk on the epic conquest of Nichols State.... who obviously are not paying any attention elsewhere:

Mizzou will have quite a bit to say about who represents the North in KC (no periods needed between the K and the C, fratboy) come December.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

I am looking forward to Brads take on the game this week....
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

quacker backer wrote:I am looking forward to Brads take on the game this week....
Well, since I'm predicting a fairly competitive 31-20 win for USC my guess is he'll come in here afterwards ranting about cheating refs and tv network bias conspiracy theories and how some game stat or another indicates that despite the final score Nebraska did in fact kick USC's ass.

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Van wrote:
quacker backer wrote:I am looking forward to Brads take on the game this week....
Well, since I'm predicting a fairly competitive 31-20 win for USC my guess is he'll come in here afterwards ranting about cheating refs and tv network bias conspiracy theories and how some game stat or another indicates that despite the final score Nebraska did in fact kick USC's ass.
so what youre saying is Brad is in fact an M2 troll?
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

War Wagon wrote:
Cornhusker wrote: I love the not "knowing your opponent mentality".
Really? But then this gem.
What I hope for is OU finds their way to K.C. in December.
Why? You apparently take it as a foregone conclusion that NU is going to be here?

Pot calling kettle black, much?

This just in for the ethanol inebriated corn abusers drunk on the epic conquest of Nichols State.... who obviously are not paying any attention elsewhere:

Mizzou will have quite a bit to say about who represents the North in KC (no periods needed between the K and the C, fratboy) come December.
I don't recall saying NU was a given, I'll be disappointed what with Misery coming to Lincoln we don't win. We will probably be favored, but to say I said it was a done deal like you suggest would be putting words in my post...I can't help but notice it tends to play to your M.O. however. (Can I use periods there? You know, after M and O. Gotta check with ya, right?)

We gotta go to Ames where we've had problems as well as Aggieville so there in and of itself is a problem plus a team called Texas has a visit. Never said we'd be there. My comment was to insinuate I'd rather play OU seeing how we'd have already played Texas and A&M if we win the north.

As far as knowing your opponent, I'd think the average SC fan doesn't much worry about NU's visit because they get absolutley no run on Game Day or anywhere else on a national basis. Not that they deserve it, just ain't happening. Sooo they probably don't have a clear view of what NU has to offer, be it good or bad.

Now if you think I have no clue as to how the Big 12 north, or any other Big 12 team stands personnel wise, coaching wise, and what they try to do on either side of the ball, you'd be badly mistaken. I watch ALL of Misery's game against Mississippi and I never miss a Big 12 game on TV...it's a standing hard pat rule...I watched Baylor loss last week for shit sake!

I'll try to be more sensitive to your needs Wagon.
In the mean time, try to be kind to your blood pressure. I suppose you have anger management outlets in K.C. aw... damn did it again, but you see, I like using periods, it's fun for me and releases stress. Try it!.....<here's a few more for your pleasure
Last edited by Cornhusker on Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Socaltrjn wrote:
Van wrote:
quacker backer wrote: I am looking forward to Brads take on the game this week....

so what youre saying is Brad is in fact an M2 troll?
:-)

Btw, my wife saw my name mentioned on my screen here as she was walking by so she stopped and looked over my shoulder to read what was being said to/about me.

Then she saw...it.

Your avatar.

She's still just sittting here, unmoving, unspeaking, seemingly in a trance, slackjawed, full on hyp-mo-tyzed as she stares at Bobbly Asian Miss bounding across our screen.

I believe you've created a convert!

Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

Adelpiero wrote:
At Large wrote:What did you expect him to do? Have Joe Dailey throw a bunch more interceptions? :meds:
he did throw 4 yesterday

i still remember my tot thread,"mu beats nebraska, because of dailey" i claimed him as one of worst qbs in country, took a huge pileon, then laughed as he threw int after int. didnt they have a decent backup? but dailey was #1 qb?

i thought he was done with football, untill he reared his ugly head at UNC. bunting will be gone soon, that program is in shit shape.
What? I think Joe Dailey beat Misery and had one of his best games? Maybe last year you were thinking about ZT?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Can't see ol' Bradhusker being too thrilled to see his beloved Blackshirts being nineteen point dogs in this one, according to Vegas...

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

yeah, Van. I'm sure ol' brad has steam roiling out his ears over that ML....wait, can we talk about brad in this thread, or will Cornhusker get mad at us?
Cornhusker wrote:I watched Baylor loss last week for shit sake!
My sympathies, but dude?

SEEK HELP!

:wink:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Van wrote:Btw, my wife saw my name mentioned on my screen here as she was walking by so she stopped and looked over my shoulder to read what was being said to/about me.

Then she saw...it.

Your avatar.

She's still just sittting here, unmoving, unspeaking, seemingly in a trance, slackjawed, full on hyp-mo-tyzed as she stares at Bobbly Asian Miss bounding across our screen.

I believe you've created a convert!
That turned me (and not doubt BtH) on a bit.

Carry on.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Definite overkill...those thangs.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm fully aware of the most likely possibility that SoCalTrjn's av is a wytch, and ... if not, God help her, it's shot as a promo scene for "Dr. 911" or whateverthefuck it's called, on some network I saw flipping channels. Probably Discovery, if I'm correct -- the same network that turned down Cal games for free.

What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah, how Nebraska isn't going to get blown out by USC.

USC: 70
Neb: 10 (late)
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

RadioFan, are you serious about that 70-10 prediction? Because if you are, I just may have to bet you that they don't...

What really irritates me about this whole discussion is that it's based on how both teams did last year and not what they bring back this year. USC is admittedly lean in experience at QB, RB and in the defensive backfield. Likewise, NU is lean in experience in RB (although most played a lot last year) and the defensive backfield. To top it off, USC loses two of their best players on D to injuries.

What kills me is that people point to NU's worse games (KU, Missouri) as indicators of how they will perform and ignore the other games (Texas Tech, OU, CU, and Michigan) in which they were given no or little chance to win and by all rights should have won almost all of them.

I look at it this way. If USC tries to do it's soft zone against Zac Taylor, he'll pick them apart. It'd be different if NU is the one starting a green QB, but they're not. We're assuming that Booty, after one game, will act like a senior quarterback.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have to think that NU is just not going to lay down and die in this game.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

NU may not lie down and die, but they'll definitely get their asses kicked.

SC 38
NU 18
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

At Large wrote:What really irritates me about this whole discussion is that it's based on how both teams did last year and not what they bring back this year.
That made no sense. The only people you can "bring back this year" are, by definition, the same guys who played last year. How those guys and those teams did last year is just about all we have to go on right now, really, innit?
What kills me is that people point to NU's worse games (KU, Missouri) as indicators of how they will perform and ignore the other games (Texas Tech, OU, CU, and Michigan) in which they were given no or little chance to win and by all rights should have won almost all of them.
Thing is, none of those teams last year were even remotely as good as USC is thought to be this year. Not even close. So, taking it all into consideration (how Nebraska looked at both their best and their worst last year) and looking again this year at the perceived talent gap between the two teams you come up with....an eighteen point spread.

Vegas thinks it'll be an ass kicking.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I have to think that NU is just not going to lay down and die in this game.
I don't think anybody is saying Nebraska will simply lay down and die. It seems most people here think they'll simply get beaten to death.

RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

At Large wrote:RadioFan, are you serious about that 70-10 prediction?
Pretty much. No Way NU even comes close to covering the spread in this game.
What really irritates me about this whole discussion is that it's based on how both teams did last year and not what they bring back this year.
I've seen them both play this year. USC, on the road in a hostile environment and Nebraska at home, against 2 cupcakes.

This is USC's first home game. Sorry to break it to you, bro, but NU is going to be absolutely destroyed in this game, ABC and Cuntsburger notwithstanding.

Don't get me wrong here ... I want it to be a slugfest of a close game. In fact, I'd be the first to RACK the Big Red if they could even hang with the freaks. No way can I see it happening, no matter how much it's broken down in here, logically, nor how much "Nebraska is improving" dick-sucking by Cuntsburger.

Btw ... Van, Jimmah ... other USC fans in here ... get ready for that shit, if NU is within 20 points in the 4th.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

actually, its usc who faced the CUPCAKE, in arkansas, louisiana tech would beat arkansas quite handily,

did you call arkansas a hostile environment?
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

RF, Nebraska can be described as "improving" until the cows come home and I won't care as long as we get the "W"and we at least look half way decent along the way...

Besides a decent looking win I just want to see a few things here:

-A continuation of the run stopping ability we showed at Arkansas

-A continuation of the smooth and confident command of the offense by Booty

-One of our TBs taking command of the position. TB By Committee means you don't have one dominant back. I want either Gable or Washington to take command of that role

-A reduction in unforced errors. I expect that since we're playing in the Coliseum we'll automatically commit fewer procedural errors but I just want to see the mistakes reduced each time we take the field.

-More explosive production from our most heralded WRs, Jarrett and Smith. Before all is said and done we're going to need a lot of home runs from them. Can't have them reduced to being possession type receivers, the way they were in ther Arkansas game.

-No more fucking season ending injuries! Gawddammit! Those things killed our D last year and sure enough, here they come again already this year...Please, no more!

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: ?

Post by Van »

bradhusker wrote:actually, its usc who faced the CUPCAKE, in arkansas, louisiana tech would beat arkansas quite handily,

did you call arkansas a hostile environment?
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
Go play a season opener on the road in the SEC and then talk. Hell, forgetting all the cupcakes at home you always schedule go play ANYBODY OOC on the road and then talk.

Wait. You're doing so, this very week. Let's just see how it works out for ya' there, skippy.

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Here we go again...

[web]http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug ... &type=lgns[/web]
Dumbfuck NU Player wrote:"It came down between USC and Nebraska. When I went there, I just didn't sense that love that I felt when I came here,"
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

just curious? what are ya gonna say when jones picks off booty twice?
also, count on having a couple more season ending injuries, BANK ON IT!
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

go dryfuck yourself, imposter.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

no, fuck you jimmy fairy, your the imposter, not me, I am the REAL DEAL.
period.