New Sheriff in Town

It's RAIDUH Week, Call it

Post by trev »

Chargers 24

Duh's 7
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

San Diego is gonna get slapped in the mouth.

Details:

Oakland is going to be jacked SO damn high for this game, and the speed of the Raider defense is going to give Joan Rivers some problems.

The Raider defense will do a surprisingly solid job v. LT, keeping him well under 100.

Without the running game to hang his hat on, Rivers will end up forcing a ball-or-two he shouldn't.
He'll toss a couple o' picks and fumble one snap from center which Oakland will cover.
No tuck rule in effect.

Rockin' a Charger & a Boogie Woogie Screw.

Oakland's offense will have some struggles of it's own early this year, I do imagine.
Still, Brooks will hit a couple of big gainers and LaMont will rip off a decent gainer or two.

Special teams improvement by the Raiders will be noticable, and it'll pay off in this game.

Typical hard fought AFC West affair.

Oakland actually looks like a real team, and wins it 20-16.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
What Raider team have you been watching this pre-season -You sure it wasn't Texas Tech?

OK.... I'll make allowance for your myopia, but get real:

The only teams I've seen that look worse than Oakland this preseason are Green Bay and Tennessee.

Your O-Line is a mess and Brooks will not be able to exploit the weak Charger secondary.
I also do see Lamont getting much room to rum.
Unless Rivers can't complete a 10 yd. Pass to Gates and Tomlinson goes out early,
I see the Bolts winning.

Call it 23-13
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

As always when playing the Chargers it's all about stopping LT.

Dude is a monster, no question about it and historically he gives Oakland fits when he plays against us.

There are a few things I like about this game from the Raider perspective though.

1. Phillip Rivers will be making his first start as a Charger QB in just about the most hostile enviroment you can imagine. I don't dislike the guy as a player but there is bound to be a learning curve and that curve starts in Oakland. With our drastically improved defensive speed the chances of Rivers fucking up and turning it over a time or two appear to be real likely to this fan.

2. The Chargers will be starting their 2nd round pick McNeal (sp?) at LT. NFL sack champion Derrick Burgess must be licking his chops in anticipation. No way he doesnt get around that big rookie and get to Rivers for sacks and pressures in this game.

3. It's a new era in Oaktown. I hated the Art Shell hire from the beginning and am on record as saying so. However I have to admit that I like what he has done with the team so far. National tv audience, rowdy crowd, and a team that finally is on the right track and looking to make an impression.

4. Randy Moss. Dude was dinged for much of last season and wasn't the impact player everyone expected. In front of the world he will be looking to bust out and exploit a questionable young Charger secondary.

The point that the O line has been weak so far is valid. It's still a major concern to me going into the season and I'm hoping that it will get better as the season progresses. This is why Brooks was brought in to start this season, dude can run around and make plays with his feet. That's gonna pay off a time or two during this game.

Jordan is a much better player than he gets credit for, not only does he run well but he catches well. He will pick up a few third downs for us and keep drives alive in this game.

I'm curious to see who we will have covering Gates in this game. Asking Huff might be a tall order for a rookie.

McCardell is steady but doesnt scare me as a deep threat.

But who am I kidding here.? Back to the first point.

It's all about stopping Tomlinson, easier said than done. If he gets off early Rivers will get a chance to settle in and relax.

Keep LT in check and our chances are good, if not....they aren't so good.

As a division rival I dislike the Chargers but they have done a real nice job of drafting over the last several years. Their front seven is fierce and I think Merriman is Derrick Thomas II waiting to happen. BTW I picked them to win the division...this game however is a different story.

Raiders come out pumped, no question in my mind. The Chargers go 3 and out and the Raider D gets to pin their ears back and rush the hell out of a young QB early and often. Rivers gets rattled and the Charger organization gradually realises that the QB that gave this team the best chance to win this season plays in NO now.

Low scoring, hard fought, smash mouth game that a turnover decides.

Raiders 19 Chargers 17.

Game on.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...the beatings continue!

Bolts 21 Duhs 14

Bolts 42 Duhs 14
Bolts 23 Duhs 17

Bolts 27 Duhs 14
Bolts 34 Duhs 10

Bolts 21 Duhs 14
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Raiders 27 Dolts 24.

and Steve Foley is an idiot.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Scott wrote:
poptart wrote:
What Raider team have you been watching this pre-season -You sure it wasn't Texas Tech?

OK.... I'll make allowance for your myopia, but get real:

The only teams I've seen that look worse than Oakland this preseason are Green Bay and Tennessee.
What about your horrible Chefs, asshead .... ?

They scored all of 40 freaking points the entire pre season.
Only one team did worse than that shit.
10 pts a game.
BWAAA HAHAHAHAHA
Better get used to that production under coach Herm.

By all non-myopic accounts, KC looked like stir-fried dogshit v. both the mighty Texans and the Giants.
Against the horrid Lambs your guys looked a little better, but they still got lit up pretty good by Gus Frerrote.
Then they went through the motions with scrubs v. the Aints.

Your team has looked like shit, pal, and I seriously doubt they're going to come flying out of the gate.

Stumble, fall, never really get up.

The story of your team's '06 season.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
What about your horrible Chefs, asshead .... ?

They scored all of 40 freaking points the entire pre season.
Only one team did worse than that shit.
10 pts a game.
BWAAA HAHAHAHAHA
Better get used to that production under coach Herm.
Uhhh Dave.... the starters only played one series in each of the first two games.
They played the first quarter vs. the Lambs and moved the ball pretty well.

I think your deflecting a bit here as the Raiders were the subject.
I watched the Raiders first team 4 times in preseason and they looked like shit against everyone except Detroit.

The O-line was a sieve - Just saying'.

It's OK you hatin on the Chiefs - understandable.

But let's try and keep it sorta real - Mmmkay?
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

The Chiefs had their window but that time is gone now.

The lovefest with Herm Edwards is really very puzzling to me quite frankly. What has he ever done besides make Marty look like a risk taker as a coach?

At least with Herm running the team Johnson will get his carries though. Any team that can run the ball and play a little (the key word being little) defense has a chance but Denver and San Diego are clearly more talented than either of our teams right about now.

Like it or not with the exception of a select few much of the Chiefs roster is on the decline. Perhaps you will get lucky though, that elusive last drive for a near playoff wild card may be within reach.

Losing Roaf and replacing him with with Turley will get Trent Green knocked on his ass more than a few times this season.

What is Green now? 36? 37? Gannon played well until then but he is the exception rather than the norm.

Unlike wine, NFL players do not get better with age and your offense is rapidly coming back to the pack.

The Chiefs won't be horrible, but their days as a title contender are over for now at least.

So close yet so far in the end.

BTW Wasn't this a Charger/Raider thread at one point? There is a peach of a thread with a whopping two replies for the hardcore Chief fans down the page that has your name on it.

Thanks for stopping by.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

KC Scott wrote:What Raider team have you been watching this pre-season
poptart wrote:They scored all of 40 freaking points the entire pre season.
When are you guys going to realize preseason means nothing? Coaches don’t pull out the entire playbook and starters don’t play at full speed.

Staying on topic...
SD - 27
OAK - 17
Run if you have to but keep up!
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Poppies! Poppies!

Poptart, the Eternal Optomist.

Chargers by two touchdowns.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

jossjeff wrote:The Chiefs had their window but that time is gone now.

The lovefest with Herm Edwards is really very puzzling to me quite frankly. What has he ever done besides make Marty look like a risk taker as a coach?

At least with Herm running the team Johnson will get his carries though. Any team that can run the ball and play a little (the key word being little) defense has a chance but Denver and San Diego are clearly more talented than either of our teams right about now.

Like it or not with the exception of a select few much of the Chiefs roster is on the decline. Perhaps you will get lucky though, that elusive last drive for a near playoff wild card may be within reach.

Losing Roaf and replacing him with with Turley will get Trent Green knocked on his ass more than a few times this season.

What is Green now? 36? 37? Gannon played well until then but he is the exception rather than the norm.

Unlike wine, NFL players do not get better with age and your offense is rapidly coming back to the pack.

The Chiefs won't be horrible, but their days as a title contender are over for now at least.

So close yet so far in the end.
I wasn't trying to derail this into a Chiefs thread (sup' Pops?) - But since you mentioned it my expectations for the Chiefs are marginal at best. 10-6 or 9-7 and maybe sneaking into a wild card.
BTW Wasn't this a Charger/Raider thread at one point?
Yea, that's kinda why I was justifying my call on the Bolts winning on Sunday.
Godzilla wrote: When are you guys going to realize preseason means nothing? ........and starters don’t play at full speed.
Typical stupid Denver fan.

Starters do play at full speed or they don't stay starters.

I'm sure Gallery was just "dogging it" when Brooks got buried in those games, and he'll morph into Orlando Pace next Sunday.

Idiot.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Perfect! Someone who judges how good a team is going to be from how well they did in preseason, calling me an idiot.
KC Scott wrote:Starters do play at full speed or they don't stay starters.
Do you not watch interviews with starters after a preseason game? They all say how they’re just trying to get through these games injury free and can’t wait till the real bullets start flying.
Hate to really mess you up Scott, but I want you to also know that the WWF (or whatever it’s called today) is fake.

BTW, do you do that gay thing with your wrist when you say “Mmmkay”?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

godzilla2002 wrote: Do you not watch interviews with starters after a preseason game? They all say how they’re just trying to get through these games injury free and can’t wait till the real bullets start flying.
Marcus Allen: "So Robert Gallery when Jevon Kearse Blew past you to sack Brooks on that opening drive, what were you thinking?"

Gallery: "Ya know Marcus, I'm just trying to take it easy leading up to the season opener - No worrries"

Moron
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

The Raiders can't stop LT, the Dolt secondary can't stop anybody. To Oakland this is a season opener, to SD it's the fucking Super Bowl. Edge to SD.

Dolts 27, Raiders 21.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

KC Scott wrote:Marcus Allen: "So Robert Gallery when Jevon Kearse Blew past you to sack Brooks on that opening drive, what were you thinking?"

Gallery: "Ya know Marcus, I'm just trying to take it easy leading up to the season opener - No worrries"
You’re paraphrasing and over exaggerating but you’re dumb ass is a little closer to how things really are in preseason.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

godzilla2002 wrote:
You’re paraphrasing and over exaggerating but you’re dumb ass is a little closer to how things really are in preseason.
No........ Your just a simple minded couch potato that sqwaks like a parrot whenever he reads something that turns on the 40 watt bulb between you ears.

I know it's confusing, but try and stay with the thought process here, dumbass:

If a teams first string O Line can't open holes for the running game, and their pass protection breaks down in preseason aganst other teams first string - It may mean they are gonna get blown off the ball in regular season as well.

If you have any more questions about this - conslut your wife.

BTW - Hilarious that your wife knows more about the NFL than you do.
You must be proud that your OL hangs out in internet fourms full of dudes with a nic like Xretmplzr.

heh heh
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

KC Scott wrote:You must be proud that your OL hangs out in internet fourms full of dudes with a nic like Xretmplzr.
Getting a little personal eh Scott? Guess I hit a nerve. How long have you been posting in smack boards? You melt way too easy!
To answer your question…I think it’s cool as shit she’s into football and other sports. She uses the name of our boat “xtremplzr” as her nic.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

godzilla2002 wrote:
Getting a little personal eh Scott?
Smack getting Personnal? - On a smack Board?

Gee........ who would have ever thought that could happen?

She uses the name of our boat “xtremplzr” as her nic.
And I'm sure her Playboy Bunny Avatar is the flag on your boat.

Dude, here's a clue; if your OL is cruising the UBB Seas she's probably getting PM's from a multitude of losers on here that want to shove their half masts up her poop deck.

Jus' Sayin Captain Stubbing
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

KC Scott wrote:Dude, here's a clue; if your OL is cruising the UBB Seas she's probably getting PM's from a multitude of losers on here
NOOOOOOO!!! Not PM"s? Oh Shit!!! Please don't tell me she's getting PM's
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

godzilla2002 wrote:
KC Scott wrote:Dude, here's a clue; if your OL is cruising the UBB Seas she's probably getting PM's from a multitude of losers on here
NOOOOOOO!!! Not PM"s? Oh Shit!!! Please don't tell me she's getting PM's
Yea..... Now worries about what she's getting.

Now her responses?

Might wanna check that out - or not.

Who knows - maybe your Iriezilla2002?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

the dud's get hammered Monday Night in their home opener.....

it won't be pretty.......
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote:BTW - Hilarious that your wife knows more about the NFL than you do.
You must be proud that your OL hangs out in internet fourms full of dudes with a nic like Xretmplzr.

heh heh
Link?

Sincerely,

Spinach Genie
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

poptart wrote: The Raider defense will do a surprisingly solid job v. LT, keeping him well under 100.
Ummm...ya....they've tried that before.

Bolts 24
Raidahs 17 (one of those TDs off a turnover)
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Over/under on how many tackles Steve Foley will get monday.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

The Assassin wrote:Over/under on how many tackles Steve Foley will get monday.

take the under

btw.....that cop is FUCKED. Drunk or not, it seems in no way should FOley have been shot the other night. They can't/won't even say the dude displayed his freaking badge.....just his gun.

over/under on how many yards LT has Monday?

'bout 185 I'd say
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

I think Oakland's defense is improved. However I don't think their O-line is much better. San Diego will put a lot of pressure on Brooks. The Raiders play them close only losing because of a Brooks turnover that leads to points for the Chargers.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Loganfan wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Over/under on how many tackles Steve Foley will get monday.

take the under

btw.....that cop is FUCKED. Drunk or not, it seems in no way should FOley have been shot the other night. They can't/won't even say the dude displayed his freaking badge.....just his gun.

over/under on how many yards LT has Monday?

'bout 185 I'd say

LT will get around 120 yards.

Ive heard different reports where he showed his badge a few times and Foley STILL wouldn't stop.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

mvscal wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Ive heard different reports where he showed his badge a few times and Foley STILL wouldn't stop.
Oh...OK.

:meds:
The officer in charge of the investigation refused to comment on whether he'd shown his badge or not. Kind of fishy when they're acknowledging almost everything else from the rookie cop's side already.

You're driving a tricked out classic....dude follows you, pulls a gun, follows you some more, then pulls into your cul-de-sac BEFORE you.......I'd probably think dude had been watching me and was trying to car-jack me.

Foley's drunkeness not-withstanding, of course
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

mvscal wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Ive heard different reports where he showed his badge a few times and Foley STILL wouldn't stop.
Oh...OK.

Heard it on JT the Bricks show just last night actually.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

The Assassin wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Oh...OK.

see above......
JT hasn't known what he's talking about since the last time he told a hooker to wait till he put a rubber on.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Loganfan wrote:
The Assassin wrote:
mvscal wrote: Oh...OK.

see above......
JT hasn't known what he's talking about since the last time he told a hooker to wait till he put a rubber on.

:lol:

I'm just waiting for the opportunity to call him out on his supposed love for the Raider Nation. I like how he'll NEVER badmouth Al Davis on the air considering als got him employed as another one of his mouthpieces.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Dude is annoying as hell. Used to HATE when he called into Rome's show. No idea how he ever got a radio gig.
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

The Raiders are gonna collide many a body into the young Rivers; be damned Motherfucker!

As far as I'm concerned both OL's have major question marks. It will be a defensive battle but in the end the raiders will pierce the skull of the young punk, Rivers.

Here's a shot, err...I mean a picture I snapped at the Q lst year.

GO RAIDERS!

Toos
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Good Christ, RACK Toos

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raiders-24

Chargettes-20
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Ok girls, let's keep all game comments in this thread. I don't want to see pointless threads started on this game. You have something to say? Say it in here. You will be noticed. No need to tard up the board.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

When I looked at this years schedule I figured this game would be a problem with the inexperienced Rivers running the show. What I've seen in the preseason only confirms it. The Chargers offense is mediocre, unimaginative and predictable.

Are the Raiduh's better than the Chargers?

Hell no.

But opening day in Oaktown with an inexperienced QB & against a team that hasn't hit their season low and thrown in the towel yet (about gm 6 ) is trouble.

I agree that the Duh's are going to stack the box with 8 most of the time and dare Rivers to beat them, and until Rivers does some damage every team is going to deploy this strategy. The only question is how long is that going to take? It took Brees 3 seasons.

The Charger D is going to have to create some turnovers to get the win, but without Foley's leadership that might be a problem.

Here's hoping I'm wrong which I was quite a bit in yesterday's picks.

Chargers - 24

RaiDuh's - 21
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

I disagree with you Joe on the D. I don't think the loss of Foley is going to have that big of an impact, the bolts have plenty of depth at linebacker. You know that Sean Philips is a disruptive force when he has been in last year, now he is going to show it on every play. Foley was a leader but several others have stepped up to fill the hole, Merriman and Mcree. The front seven is going to have Brooks so fucking twisted he wont know his ass from a hole in the ground by halftime.

I'm not concerned about Rivers at this point, as long as he can handle the fricking snaps from under center. He is more than capable of dumping off short passes to Gates if the defense trys to stack the box to stop LT. Numbers don't lie, LT loves to run in Oakland, I don't have the exact numbers but over the last 3 years I believe he has averaged around 140-150 rushing and multiple TD's per game up at that freakshow.

This is going to be a laugher, Bolts 34 Raiders 10
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Chargers - 27
Raiders - 13

Chargers alone atop the AFC WEST.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Superb performances by the Raider defense and special teams accompanied by an adequate performance by the offense lead to an easy 17 point win.

Oakland Raiders - 27
disChargers - 10

Martywatch begins.