Karma for #17?

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Karma for #17?

Post by Atomic Punk »

This past Saturday I see this big DeWALT (Delta Electronics) truck show up at a home improvement parking lot so I followed it in. They had the 2003 version of the #17 car in there with a bunch of DeWALT gear. I helped the driver roll the car out and was so fucking thrilled. To him it was boring but I got to get in the car later and just look around and see the engineering they put into the cars. I was surprised at how low to the ground those cars are and how tight the spaces are.

Under the hood I started to understand what the crew chiefs talk about with the cut-away car at NASCAR pre-race shows. I was surprised at the complexity of the oil system and pump system. I guess at 200 mph you have to be that way.

I was told the battery was pulled and I'm sure there was no fuel in it. Nobody even walked up to the car except this one kid. I showed him where the battery plugs in in front of the left back tire, and then showed him how to start the Roush car. Master PWR - ON, Ignition - ON, Start - DAMN! One can only wish! To me it was cool, but nobody seemed to give a shit.

That was like looking at a combat airplane on static display.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I think so.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

good SWEEP for Kenseth.