Ice ages come, ice ages go...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Cow farts don't bug me all that much.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Re: Ice ages come, ice ages go...

Post by M2 »

Roach wrote:
Global warming might be real, but it's a natural process very little related to the Industrial Revolution, and left wingers crying about cow farts and cars.

Just my take. fwiw

rage on

Nice Rush Limbaugh view... thanks parrot!

For nearly a billion years, ozone molecules in the atmosphere have protected life on Earth from the effects of ultraviolet rays. In the past 60 years or so human activity has contributed to the deterioration of the ozone layer.

the truth
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Ice ages come, ice ages go...

Post by War Wagon »

Washington Post wrote:Blah, blah, blah...
Roach wrote:Just my take.
You sure about that?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mister Bushice wrote:Cow farts don't bug me all that much.
You're not really a communist, marty. You're an idiot.
Btw. Bitchise...nice selective use of your sig file there. I noticed that you didn't use it in that particular post.

You've been using the words of somebody that you consider an idiot for quite some time now, you duplicitous, gameless twat.

I surmise that when Martard wrote that little blurb that you found so amusing you copied it to your sig, you understood even then that it wasn't referring to either one of you.

Whose your daddy? :lol:
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

ou've been using the words of somebody that you consider an idiot for quite some time now, you duplicitous, gameless twat.
Hey, even a retard gets it right every once in a while.

Still waiting on you, BTW..
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bwah...your sig and your av sucks, little man.

:bode:

I have it, you don't...nyah.

I realize that the thought of not having Bode is going to drive you absolutely crazy...

Good - mission accomplished. :P

Sleep well, grasshopper.
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

We don't really have a problem with our habitat shrinking for no apparent reason. After all, it hasn't happened before in history, but it's probably natural.
By the way: what's all of that smog we see in the sky, and why are our cubs puking poisons?
Sin
Polar Bears (Extinct Over/under? 50 years.)
Luther Wrote:
a butt load of people who sit in those small cubicles pretending to work while submitting a "take."
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

mvscal wrote:
The phantorino wrote:We don't really have a problem with our habitat shrinking for no apparent reason. After all, it hasn't happened before in history, but it's probably natural.
It has happened numerous times, you stupid fuck.

Link? (Trustworthy)
Polar Bears (Extinct Over/under? 50 years.)
So what?
Man, you would like that responsibility to pass on to your decednats? Over 10K posts, and you still have no idea what's happening outside of your own sad, pathetic life.
Luther Wrote:
a butt load of people who sit in those small cubicles pretending to work while submitting a "take."
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

mvscal wrote:
The phantorino wrote:Man, you would like that responsibility to pass on to your decednats?
Try again in English, dumbfuck.
Man, you'd like that to pass onto your descendants? (Thanks - my bad.)
Luther Wrote:
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

mvscal wrote:Pass what on?

I'm not responsible for climate change. It has been happening long before we ever showed up and it will continue to happen long after we're gone. The current climate is not in the least bit remarkable in any respect save perhaps in the relative paucity of atmospheric CO2 compared to other eras.

The climate varies. Even in the last couple thousand years we've seen variations such as the Medieval Warm Period which was followed by the Little Ice Age which ended in the mid-19th century and was followed by the current warming trend.

It doesn't have shit to do with us. Deal with it.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz .. Sorry, do you lie? errr say something?
Luther Wrote:
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Babs, your pathetic propping of the Limpdick/Rove line is silly and played out. The fake scientists who are claimed to support this corporate bullshit are basically identical to the same clown show of "scientists" backing Intelligent Design. What is your major malfunction?

You KNOW the invasion of Iraq is a disaster. You know the present destruction of Lebanon by the Zio/American weapons consortium has proved a horrible failure--a great victory, as it is, for the Muslim extremists--and yet you still do obligitory Limpdick duty at the slightest hint of dissent. What...are you in a wheelchair? Tethered to your terminal with a fifth of tequila and a tattered copy of Atlas Shrugged?

Look....go see the movie. You know, the Gore documentary. See it and just Wake The Fuck Up.

you too
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Babs, your pathetic propping of the Limpdick/Rove line is silly and played out. The fake scientists who are claimed to support this corporate bullshit are basically identical to the same clown show of "scientists" backing Intelligent Design. What is your major malfunction?

You KNOW the invasion of Iraq is a disaster. You know the present destruction of Lebanon by the Zio/American weapons consortium has proved a horrible failure--a great victory, as it is, for the Muslim extremists--and yet you still do obligitory Limpdick duty at the slightest hint of dissent. What...are you in a wheelchair? Tethered to your terminal with a fifth of tequila and a tattered copy of Atlas Shrugged?

Look....go see the movie. You know, the Gore documentary. See it and just Wake The Fuck Up.

you too
Al Gore's gonna save us all huh?

God you're pathetic.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

The Rochester newspaper today featured a guest editorial on global warming from a local meteorologist. The guy makes some good points. I've also spoken with another meteorologist by the name of Josh Nichols (also works for the Rochester NBC affiliate) on the subject and he also doesn't buy into anthropogenic global warming. Interesting.

My problem in attempting to determine the 'truth" of the matter is that meteorology, climatology, etc. are outside my background and I'm basically relying on info from "expert" sources, all of whom allegedly have political "baggage," according to their opponents. This goes for folks on both sides. The "political baggage" card gets whipped out so often that many people, myself included, never know who's on the level. I've also learned in my many years in science that although funding sources may cause data/interpretations to be suspect, that a hell of a lot of perfectly objective, fair science gets done with corporate funding.

Another issue is that the scientific community now painting "doom and gloom" scenarios about excess heat were painting "doom and gloom" over a new ice age 20 years ago. Many predicted that last year's awful hurricane season was going to be the norm (and many, but not all tried blaming global warming) and predicted big bad things for this year. So far, they look damned stupid. I refuse to take computer models projecting 10, 20, 50 years into the future that seriously when they can't even get next year (or next month or even next week) predicted accurately.

I'll teach precisely what NYS mandates on the subject (that some believe that human activity has caused the increase in greenhouse gases which may be leading to increasing global temp's) and that's it.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Ice age comes in, ice age goes out
In
Out
In
Out
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:The Rochester newspaper today featured a guest editorial on global warming from a local meteorologist. The guy makes some good points. I've also spoken with another meteorologist by the name of Josh Nichols (also works for the Rochester NBC affiliate) on the subject and he also doesn't buy into anthropogenic global warming. Interesting.

My problem in attempting to determine the 'truth" of the matter is that meteorology, climatology, etc. are outside my background and I'm basically relying on info from "expert" sources, all of whom allegedly have political "baggage," according to their opponents. This goes for folks on both sides. The "political baggage" card gets whipped out so often that many people, myself included, never know who's on the level. I've also learned in my many years in science that although funding sources may cause data/interpretations to be suspect, that a hell of a lot of perfectly objective, fair science gets done with corporate funding.

Another issue is that the scientific community now painting "doom and gloom" scenarios about excess heat were painting "doom and gloom" over a new ice age 20 years ago. Many predicted that last year's awful hurricane season was going to be the norm (and many, but not all tried blaming global warming) and predicted big bad things for this year. So far, they look damned stupid. I refuse to take computer models projecting 10, 20, 50 years into the future that seriously when they can't even get next year (or next month or even next week) predicted accurately.

I'll teach precisely what NYS mandates on the subject (that some believe that human activity has caused the increase in greenhouse gases which may be leading to increasing global temp's) and that's it.

Dude, thank you for a serious reply. If nobody else does, I appreciate it. I don't see how human behavior can NOT influence climate change. Look at what has been built and the amount of pollutants that have been pumped into the air. Are humans the sole cause for global warming? Maybe, maybe not. But to deny that humans have anything to do with it seems awfully naive, like sitting in a little right-wing box without any windows. The question then becomes not whether human activity influence climate change, but how much.

With that being said, global warming is occuring, regardless of the cause. Since it is occuring, wouldn't everybody be better off to address what we, as humans, can do about it? It seems to me that simply blowing it off as a natural occurence is completely side-stepping the responsibilities that we have to our planet.

If our planet is God's creation, shouldn't we do our best to protect it?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dog wrote:It seems to me that simply blowing it off as a natural occurence is completely side-stepping the responsibilities that we have to our planet.

And with that, you just summed up the right-wing agenda in one tidy little sentence.

If it costs you money, it must be untrue.

6 billion people spend every waking hour converting the earth's crust and processes into energy/heat. Does that make it A) Warmer, B) Cooler, or C) YOU GODDAMNED LIBERALS!!!!!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

mvscal wrote:
Dog wrote: I don't see how human behavior can NOT influence climate change.
That's because you're an idiot and really haven't gotten out that much. There's a big world out there and humans and our activities are a very, very small part of it.
Since it is occuring, wouldn't everybody be better off to address what we, as humans, can do about it?
We can't change it. We can't stop it. We can't slow it. The only thing we can do about climate change is adapt to it. That's life on planet Earth. Deal with it or get fucked. That's the only rule here.
MVSCAL,
You are seriously one of the dumbest fucking people I have ever seen on any message board. I am still trying to figure out if it is some serious personality disorder, or just a tremendous fucking troll job. Nonetheless, every reply of "your an idiot" "get fucked" or "deal with it" detracts from the quality of any serious conversation. Maybe that's just what should be expected from somebody who started their posting career on the yahoo boards.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dog wrote:MVSCAL,
You are seriously one of the dumbest fucking people I have ever seen on any message board.

Thanks for that, Marcus Allen.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

mvscal wrote:
Dog wrote:Nonetheless, every reply of "your an idiot" "get fucked" or "deal with it" detracts from the quality of any serious conversation.
But you are an idiot. How else am I supposed to address you?

Don't like it? Bring something to the table besides whimpering, handwringing bullshit.
Is that your standard reply? I've seen you post the same thing numerous time, yet I have yet to read a single thread on this site where YOU actually brought anything to the table. Although it is much easier trying to just sit back and discredit everybody else than trying to actually develop an intellectual thought of your own. You are nothing more than a puppet, and yet you don't even know who holds your strings.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

mvscal wrote:Piss the fuck off, dimwit.
done
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Dog wrote:
mvscal wrote:Piss the fuck off, dimwit.
done
promise?
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

mvscal wrote: was followed by the current warming trend from the mid-19th century on
FTFY...which happened to co-incide with the first time in history we started belching carcinogens into the atmosphere. We haven't stopped, we are putting more and more shit into the sky. This is called GLOBAL WARMING, you ignorant dunce.

Now open up, a big British dick is coming your way. Hopefully it will shut you up.
Luther Wrote:
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

That's right. Ignore me completley
sin
Giant smoke stack outside any decent-sized 1st world town puking mint-green & shit-brown coloured soot straight up into the sky.

You might want to consider removing the blindfold when you go out in public.
Luther Wrote:
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

The phantorino wrote:That's right. Ignore me completley
sin
Giant smoke stack outside any decent-sized 1st world town puking mint-green & shit-brown coloured soot straight up into the sky.

we've been doing that forever. where've you been?

~ volcanos
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

titlover wrote: we've been doing that forever. where've you been?

~ volcanos

#1 source of air pollution in Washington.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The phantorino wrote:That's right. Ignore me completley
sin

So who the fuck are you, anyway?

Or I guess I should ask, what previous nick did you get run with?
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

I could give 2 shits less whether Pluto is a Disney dog or planet....Doesn't affect me OR you one way or the other...
Ask yourselves. "What has Pluto ever done for me?"

The only way Pluto will bother me is if it comes hurtling in from the Kuyper belt and an immenent crashing into the Earth type thing "post haste" is going to happen.

Other than that, is it really that big of a deal?

PS
Who are we all ignoring and why? I've a slow green tee time at 4 ...
The only right answer to a fool is silence